Reporting to the IT Manager, the ideal candidate is able to analyze and resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion while maintaining a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support for multiple branches (12 locations across Western Canada).
- Provide on-call and after-hours support if required.
- Exchange 2003 messaging support and administration.
- Administering and maintaining end user permissions, accounts, and access rights.
- Provide end user training where required.
- Ensure functionality of AS400 business system.
- 2 years’ experience in a progressive desktop support role (new grads will be considered).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Administering a Windows Server environment, including: Windows 7/XP/VISTA/2003, Exchange 2003, IIS, Active Directory, Office 2003-2010, SQL Server, RAS and various vertical market applications.
- AS400 Environment using Client Access for AS400 connectivity, data transfers to and from AS400. Applying AS400 PTF’s and application patches/updates, AS400 Security, maintaining Output and Message Queues, Printing with Overlays.
- Ability to work with Routing, Firewall and WiFi technologies.
- A+, MCP or MCSE certifications desired.
- General knowledge of business telephone system functionalities (Nortel, Blackberry, Motorola).
- Attention to detail and communication skills, both written and oral are a must.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Our company is a recognized leader in our industry and community. We offer a full benefit package including RRSP, life insurance, health insurance with the addendum of dental that may be extended to the family.
Indeed - 2 years ago