Martin Brower Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An enjoyable but extremely physical place to work
POWER-JACK OPERATOR/ORDER PICKER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Helpful coworkers, encouraging superiors and a great wage
Cons: early mornings, physically demanding and dusty
Every day I started at 5:30 AM would punch in and then take a checklist of necessary check overs needed for the Power-Jack I would be using for that day. After topping up battery and completing the necessary inspections I would sign into the Vocollect voice pick headset and also sign in on the picking program on the computer. Once the program and the headset were sync'd I would grab to pallets and begin building my skids for shipment.

Once I had reached the end of the task at hand I was to shrink wrap the order and place it in it's proper position on the loading dock in accordance to the load diagram. I would repeat this process a few times over the course of the day until the last 15 or 20 minutes of my shift and then I would finish what I was working on and begin sanitation (clean up) until the end of my shift.
A good company but not great pay masters
Inventory Planner (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Martin Brower is a great organisation to work with good people, warm culture and open door policies.

However, like any organisations, there are some areas of improvement. Its not one of the best pay masters with salaries just below market standards. Some policies are absurd,eg. employee referral schemes which are in place on on books.
fun place, never bored
Inventory Logistics Planner (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Long hours
fast paced work place
lots of red tape and politics as expected for a company this size
supply chain supported
treats for birthdays
unhealthy work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), vancouverAugust 21, 2015
As a supervisor for multiple years with this organization I understand the majority of the negative reviews coming from the employees. The company does not look after its people and is always looking for a revolving door. Wouldn't reccomend this place if your on the market for a new job.