Martin Brower Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
The worst job I had in 40yrs of working
Class 1 delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2016
Horrible people ,"co-workers" are selfish a holes .One week I earned $300 a week because another driver wanted to do extra overtime so I suffered for it
Pros
Free big Macs, yuk
Cons
To get ahead in this company you need to suck c@ck
worse place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
I have worked several warehouses but I found this is one of the worse warehouse I have ever worked. Management always squeezes you to work in very tight schedule. They will never ever appreciate your hard work. If you make one mistake they will treat you like criminal. Work environment is worse. They treat you from your looks not from your work. If they like you they will give you easiest jobs even if you do not deserve. This company has real favoritism culture.
Pros
There is nothing good except hourly wages.
Cons
favoritism culture. extremely cold freezer, very heavy lifting
very fun place with co-workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 12, 2016
just did my job,,,never a complaint,got along well with fellow employees,,,had consecutive days off worked 4 days a week 10 to 14 hrs a day,,,good equipment,,lived well from working here exersize,,,,see different stores not always the same which I like..
Pros
dedicated runs
Cons
7 day operation different start times
nil
Warehouse, Order Picker, Loading Trailers (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Various hours weekly
Picking orders or loading trucks or working in warehouse doing various jobs as required.
Union company and was not high enough on seniority listing to have a steady shift.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
An enjoyable but extremely physical place to work
POWER-JACK OPERATOR/ORDER PICKER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
Every day I started at 5:30 AM would punch in and then take a checklist of necessary check overs needed for the Power-Jack I would be using for that day. After topping up battery and completing the necessary inspections I would sign into the Vocollect voice pick headset and also sign in on the picking program on the computer. Once the program and the headset were sync'd I would grab to pallets and begin building my skids for shipment.

Once I had reached the end of the task at hand I was to shrink wrap the order and place it in it's proper position on the loading dock in accordance to the load diagram. I would repeat this process a few times over the course of the day until the last 15 or 20 minutes of my shift and then I would finish what I was working on and begin sanitation (clean up) until the end of my shift.
Pros
Helpful coworkers, encouraging superiors and a great wage
Cons
early mornings, physically demanding and dusty
A good company but not great pay masters
Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Martin Brower is a great organisation to work with good people, warm culture and open door policies.

However, like any organisations, there are some areas of improvement. Its not one of the best pay masters with salaries just below market standards. Some policies are absurd,eg. employee referral schemes which are in place on on books.
fun place, never bored
Inventory Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2015
fast paced work place
lots of red tape and politics as expected for a company this size
supply chain supported
treats for birthdays
Pros
co-workers
unhealthy work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  vancouverAugust 21, 2015
As a supervisor for multiple years with this organization I understand the majority of the negative reviews coming from the employees. The company does not look after its people and is always looking for a revolving door. Wouldn't reccomend this place if your on the market for a new job.