Martin-Brower Employee Reviews

Unpaid,overworked,favouritism,Brampton wages or bust
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2016
Very hard labour picking orders and tight time restricts picking and loading trucks. Vancouver is the only MB in Canada at 100% Engineered standards which means if you are below even at 99% they discipline you with letter then letter then 1 day suspension then 2 day suspension then 4 day suspension then termination. Rampant favouritism by the warehouse management some just push papers or work on load builds at the same rate of pay if mgmt likes you and supervisors make deals with some pickers that suck up to help them to cheat the system to hit the 100% while the rest of us work honest and hard. Lots of weekend work. And we found out Brampton MB pays their warehousemen the most and they are not on engineered standards and their dispatches and pick orders are late but in Vancouver we get paid less than them and hit the production targets and dispatch times. Unpaid fairly for the work we do. Brampton wages or bust!
Pros
10 hour shifts, pension and benefit plan, union job security, this job will keep you in shape, boot allowance, 10 sick days after 3 years but you will need them!
Cons
Underpaid, bad morale, hard work picking, management only say they care about safety. Brampton wages or bust!
Fun place to work at, good pay
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 April 2016
Learning how to pack a skid, and operate the appropriate machinery. It is engaging and pays well however the job requires you to work 10 hour shifts
The worst job I had in 40yrs of working
Class 1 delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2016
Horrible people ,"co-workers" are selfish a holes .One week I earned $300 a week because another driver wanted to do extra overtime so I suffered for it
Pros
Free big Macs, yuk
Cons
To get ahead in this company you need to suck c@ck
worse place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2016
I have worked several warehouses but I found this is one of the worse warehouse I have ever worked. Management always squeezes you to work in very tight schedule. They will never ever appreciate your hard work. If you make one mistake they will treat you like criminal. Work environment is worse. They treat you from your looks not from your work. If they like you they will give you easiest jobs even if you do not deserve. This company has real favoritism culture.
Pros
There is nothing good except hourly wages.
Cons
favoritism culture. extremely cold freezer, very heavy lifting
very fun place with co-workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 February 2016
just did my job,,,never a complaint,got along well with fellow employees,,,had consecutive days off worked 4 days a week 10 to 14 hrs a day,,,good equipment,,lived well from working here exersize,,,,see different stores not always the same which I like..
Pros
dedicated runs
Cons
7 day operation different start times
nil
Warehouse, Order Picker, Loading Trailers (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 January 2016
Various hours weekly
Picking orders or loading trucks or working in warehouse doing various jobs as required.
Union company and was not high enough on seniority listing to have a steady shift.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
An enjoyable but extremely physical place to work
POWER-JACK OPERATOR/ORDER PICKER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2016
Every day I started at 5:30 AM would punch in and then take a checklist of necessary check overs needed for the Power-Jack I would be using for that day. After topping up battery and completing the necessary inspections I would sign into the Vocollect voice pick headset and also sign in on the picking program on the computer. Once the program and the headset were sync'd I would grab to pallets and begin building my skids for shipment.

Once I had reached the end of the task at hand I was to shrink wrap the order and place it in it's proper position on the loading dock in accordance to the load diagram. I would repeat this process a few times over the course of the day until the last 15 or 20 minutes of my shift and then I would finish what I was working on and begin sanitation (clean up) until the end of my shift.
Pros
Helpful coworkers, encouraging superiors and a great wage
Cons
early mornings, physically demanding and dusty
A good company but not great pay masters
Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2016
Martin Brower is a great organisation to work with good people, warm culture and open door policies.

However, like any organisations, there are some areas of improvement. Its not one of the best pay masters with salaries just below market standards. Some policies are absurd,eg. employee referral schemes which are in place on on books.
fun place, never bored
Inventory Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2015
fast paced work place
lots of red tape and politics as expected for a company this size
supply chain supported
treats for birthdays
Pros
co-workers
unhealthy work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  vancouver21 August 2015
As a supervisor for multiple years with this organization I understand the majority of the negative reviews coming from the employees. The company does not look after its people and is always looking for a revolving door. Wouldn't reccomend this place if your on the market for a new job.
Lack of Fairness & immature management
Warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2014
There is something seriously wrong with the warehouse management that run this facility. They jump to conclusions, make irrational-emotional decisions and are subjective rather than objective to what or whom they deal with. When an error is made by them that a warehouse person or driver brings to their attention, their response is slow and attitude is immature to the group as to say who are you to know better than us.

Fairness is severely lacking at this facility. If you are cronies with the warehouse management you will survive physically in work load, but if you are honest and say nothing and keep your head down and work, warehouse management will drive you into the ground until you break.

God forbid if you exceed your pick times for an order and sit down for few seconds to drink a cup of water to re-energize they will chase after you and discipline or threaten to discipline you for wasting company time; meanwhile the management and their warehouse person cronies are hanging out in the shipping office joking around doing nothing.

I am optimistic that other Martin Brower management facilities are fair, calm, cool, collected and appreciative of input and I hope change happens here soon.
Pros
Pay. Benefits. 10 hr shifts. Work 4 days a week.
Cons
Sore back. Lack of fairness. Treated like a dog.
Horrible
very ex-driver (Former Employee) –  Canada12 March 2014
Worked here as a class 1 truck driver.I was supposed to be full-time but didnt get raise or benefits after 7 months ,then was told I was hired as summer relief,was an office mistake but still didnt get my back pay.At the McDonalds you have to hand ball all the products,frozen burgers,fries etc as trucks dont have tail-lifts and the stores dont have fork-lifts ,which is stupid.You have to be on spare board when you start which means you are the senior drivers dog.To work your way out of spare board you have to bend over,i left after 7 months ,worst job i ever had.
Pros
Cons
everything