Martin-Brower

Martin-Brower Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Horrible
very ex-driver (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 12, 2014
Worked here as a class 1 truck driver.I was supposed to be full-time but didnt get raise or benefits after 7 months ,then was told I was hired as summer relief,was an office mistake but still didnt get my back pay.At the McDonalds you have to hand ball all the products,frozen burgers,fries etc as trucks dont have tail-lifts and the stores dont have fork-lifts ,which is stupid.You have to be on spare board when you start which means you are the senior drivers dog.To work your way out of spare board you have to bend over,i left after 7 months ,worst job i ever had.
Cons
everything
Lack of Fairness & immature management
Warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 11, 2014
There is something seriously wrong with the warehouse management that run this facility. They jump to conclusions, make irrational-emotional decisions and are subjective rather than objective to what or whom they deal with. When an error is made by them that a warehouse person or driver brings to their attention, their response is slow and attitude is immature to the group as to say who are you to know better than us.

Fairness is severely lacking at this facility. If you are cronies with the warehouse management you will survive physically in work load, but if you are honest and say nothing and keep your head down and work, warehouse management will drive you into the ground until you break.

God forbid if you exceed your pick times for an order and sit down for few seconds to drink a cup of water to re-energize they will chase after you and discipline or threaten to discipline you for wasting company time; meanwhile the management and their warehouse person cronies are hanging out in the shipping office joking around doing nothing.

I am optimistic that other Martin Brower management facilities are fair, calm, cool, collected and appreciative of input and I hope change happens here soon.
Pros
pay. benefits. 10 hr shifts. work 4 days a week.
Cons
sore back. lack of fairness. treated like a dog.