Martin's Family Fruit Farm has an opening for a full-time permanent QC Manager at our apple processing plant in Elmira, Ontario where our apple chips are processed and packaged.
Summary of Position:
Performs QC activities, develops and implements HACCP (BRC), SOP procedures for the Martin's Processing Division. Assist the Director of Business Development in daily departmental administration functions to meet and exceed CFIA requirements with regard to Food Safety System and Quality System as well as develop and implement QC Technician Training.
- Develop prerequisite program for HACCP (BRC) and SOP’s
- Implement and train HACCP and SOP’s to Elmira processing staff
- Monitor product attributes to ensure product quality is at targeted levels
- Plan and develop quality-related procedures and systems
- Training and advising personnel in QC and food safety procedures and policies
- Performs HACCP/GMP/Food Safety audits on scheduled intervals. Revises HACCP plans as needed.
- Assure compliance to food safety, regulatory and company policies
- Support organizational culture change through facilitative leadership
- Assure compliance with all established safety procedures
- Monitor to ensure conformance to plant and QA procedures
- Provides guidance and direction to plant and QC personnel in developing corrective action.
- Maintenance of corporate policies relating to Food Safety and Quality.
- Liaises with customers in matters relating to Food Safety, Quality and Product Development
- Assist in QC testing within the processing plant when necessary.
- Other projects as assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor in Food Science, or any related discipline such as Microbiology, Chemistry, and Biotechnology.
- Formal HACCP training from a recognized training facility.
- BRC knowledge would be an asset.
- Effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Computer / Technical Literacy - MS Office
- Strength in documentation, observation and communication skills are a must
- Flexible, adaptable, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a team.
- Planning, organizing, decision making and problem solving skills.
- The employee is subject to a production environment 80% of the work time.
- High noise levels from machinery.
- Physical hazards from moving machine parts.
- Skin exposure to chemicals, fruit and vegetables.
- Areas of the plant operate at temperatures below 10C to maintain apple freshness; the QC Manager will be working primarily in a lab setting at room temperature and will work in the cold, wet areas for short periods of time.
If interested and qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume. Thank you!
Indeed - 10 months ago
Located in the heart of Ontario’s celebrated apple growing region, our orchards offer you some of the most flavourful, richly...