Marshalls Employee Reviews

The worst.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 March 2015
Worked at Marshalls Burlington.
Typical day at work consisted of one person in each section. A lot of the time you didn't have any help doing anything and you got called away to be on cash a lot.
Management didn't seem to do to much until the end of my time there. I almost never saw them helping out on the floor with the exception of a couple people.
Terrible hours, you cannot get a consistent schedule. Playing favourites, still book you on requested days off. You can work 9-5 one day then not get booked again for 3 days and them it's just a 4 hour shift.
Hardest part of the job was never being able to get anything done because it was so understaffed but I guess that was kind of head offices fault in not giving enough hours for the store to use to properly staff the store. Customers complained that there were never many employees on the floor to help them, or not enough cashiers to make the line move quicker.
No raises unless you specifically ask for them, not really any incentive programs.
Loved most of the people I worked with but I would not go back.
Pros
Getting to help customers.
Cons
Disorganized
Not a good place to work if you are looking for a slow pace job
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 March 2015
You learn a lot of things and its easy to get along with your manager and the fellow employees. A fast passé working store, lots of hands on. You get send to others stores to learn the ways that things are done there compared to yours.
Pros
hours
na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 March 2015
Marshall's ,it is a American store . I use to work as a cashier.very neat and clean environment.Management and co- workers are very helpful.Lots of space to grow.
Comfortable work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  mississauga3 March 2015
My part time job. Best part about this job was, I got to meet new people everyday. Got to see all the new merchandise and process them. All the co-workers were very easy to work with.
Porfessional and work-oriented environment. Fun and productive.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 March 2015
A day in Marshalls for me is doing "Overs and Unders," which is basically cleaning up racks and store floors. Any mess or hanging clothes around the racks would be cleaned up as fast and efficient as possible. I learned skills associated with this job like teamwork and people skills. I also learnt organization and time-oriented skills to better my job. My coworkers were friendly and of course, would give me tips on what I should or shouldn't do. The hardest part of my work was, balancing my chores and dealing with customers. I had to prioritize customers, then my chores on a short time. But overall, the most enjoyable part of the job was creating new friends outside of school. Getting to know them and helping them at work as well.
Co workers are positive and fun, Fast paced and always new and exciting.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 February 2015
I have always enjoyed going to work and seeing my fellow coworkers. Management has not been forthcoming and trustworth with employees. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is and not purchasing everything in the store.
Cons
No hours
Productive and fun place to work in.
Works as a Front desk cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2015
enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers and solving their problems so as to make them satisfied for rest of the day.
Productive and positive
Marshall's sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2015
A typical day includes me either working as a cashier or on the sales floor. I enjoy both and don't have any negative things to say. I've developed better communication skills and learned how to provide good costumer service,how to deal with conflicts,working under pressure, how to keep the sales floor clean and organized etc.
Pros
Friendly staff, nice merhandise, easy tasks
Cons
not enough hours
Great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ON9 January 2015
I loved working with Marshalls but had difficulties getting to work.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2014
- Clock in, figure out your task for the day, work, clock out
- Customer service
- friendly co-workers
- Cleaning
- Team work, good environment, customers
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 October 2014
I do love working at marshalls but low rate.Love to work with teammates.
Fun workplace. Low wage.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2014
Great place to work at for your first job. Management is very helpful and understanding. Very easy to give away your shifts to others if an emergency occurs. Many social events. Some customers can be very difficult to handle but you will always have a manager deal with it. The only thing that sucks is my wage. They have many incentive programs which offer $ for catching thieves or individuals up to no good.
Pros
Many social events, flexible schedule, easy tasks, helpful management.
Cons
Low wage, shifts very depending on sales
Busy yet fun atmosphere to work in
Cashier, Fitting Room Clerk, Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 September 2014
A typical day at work was, looking at the schedule and seeing what zone I would be in for my shift. Zones would include Cashier, Fitting Rooms, Shoes, Men's, Women's, Kids and Home sections. I've learned a lot working there and working in such a fun and busy atmosphere makes it enjoyable going to work.
Pros
Working with such great people
Zone I Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 September 2014
more career advancement and great people and the management as well.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2014
I enjoyed working at marshalls, it was fun and i loved my coworkers. it was a positive fun upbeat environment, hardest part was keeping customers happy and most enjoyable was break!
Pros
Free lunches
Great place to work,
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2014
A typical day at work involves engaging with customers, keep the department clean and doing merchandise recovery. I have learned how to be more efficient in multitasking, by having to do recovery, clean and organize all at the same time. The management was great, but due to all the managers leaving, I have to start again and build new relationships with new people. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between managers. They sometimes forget to tell each other things or forget things in general, which can leave employees confused and led in the wrong direction. The most enjoyable part of work are the customers and the staff. It's always great to be able to help someone in even the smallest way and the staff is one beg happy family.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Communication
A good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario6 May 2014
I worked as a cashier, as well as on the floor. My responsibilities included helping customers, maintaining store appearance. This was the first job I ever had, so i learned a lot about working with others in a professional environment. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Salesmanship
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2014
Part time sales associate.
Learned about sales, pricing, customer service.
Cashier, Cross-Trained in all other departments (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 April 2014
My typical day at work would be starting off with processing merchandise. That would include receiving the truck, laying out merchandise and then have it processed for sale (hanging clothes, security tagging most items). After all that is done and if I still have time, I would either join the cashiers up front, maintain floor stock, markdown prices, or transfer certain merchandise to the designated WINNERS all over Canada. I have learnt a vast amount of information about the operation of a Retail business. My management are exceptionally professional about their job and my co-workers make me want to come to work even more. I'm the chosen one to do any sort of physical activity within the vicinity. I enjoy my work because of the people that I work with and they keep me going when time gets tough.
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 April 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls. Our community is ready to answer.