Marshalls Employee Reviews

na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 March 2015
Marshall's ,it is a American store . I use to work as a cashier.very neat and clean environment.Management and co- workers are very helpful.Lots of space to grow.
productive workplace with great staff and wonderful management.
Sales Associate (part time) (Former Employee) –  WARDEN & EGLINTON 808 Warden Avenue Toronto7 January 2013
A typical day at work for an employee such as myself was very productive and knowlegdeable.In additional, I learned how to stock merchandice, close and opening the store,learned great leadership skills and participated in many activities that were held. In conclude to that,the hardest part about this job was working on my feet for a long period of time. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of this job was contributing to great customer service.
Pros
great staff
Cons
too many hours on my feet
Productive, engaging enviroment
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 March 2014
Engaging with customers, organizing clothes with proper hangers, size numbs and censors tags.
Learned valuable information about loss prevention, timing standards and delivering excellent customer service 100%. Amazing co-workers and managers. Always welcoming with an open door policy. Most enjoyable part is engaging with the customers, helping them find that perfect item and just being able to make someone’s day with just a smile.
great people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  oshawa25 August 2015
Great people to work with, but not enough work hours for part time. Fun outings with the team though and the christmas party was always a good time.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and positive
Marshall's sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2015
A typical day includes me either working as a cashier or on the sales floor. I enjoy both and don't have any negative things to say. I've developed better communication skills and learned how to provide good costumer service,how to deal with conflicts,working under pressure, how to keep the sales floor clean and organized etc.
Pros
Friendly staff, nice merhandise, easy tasks
Cons
not enough hours
Great environment to work in
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2015
Every day was different. Some days longer than others but enjoyable.
My best experience at Marshalls was working during the Christmas holidays and it was busy which kept me going all through my shift.
I got to interact with different customers, and ensured their shopping experience was good.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No time off if really sick
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 April 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.
Busy yet fun atmosphere to work in
Cashier, Fitting Room Clerk, Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 September 2014
A typical day at work was, looking at the schedule and seeing what zone I would be in for my shift. Zones would include Cashier, Fitting Rooms, Shoes, Men's, Women's, Kids and Home sections. I've learned a lot working there and working in such a fun and busy atmosphere makes it enjoyable going to work.
Pros
Working with such great people
The staff was friendly and upbeat and we always had a fun time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 March 2013
While working at Marshalls I worked in many of the different departments. My two main positions were cashier and the shoe department. The best part of the job were the people that I met and befriended. The times we had together made getting through the long shifts easy.
Pros
co-workers
A good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario6 May 2014
I worked as a cashier, as well as on the floor. My responsibilities included helping customers, maintaining store appearance. This was the first job I ever had, so i learned a lot about working with others in a professional environment. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Feels like home!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 April 2015
I have been working there for a while and have become a member of the family and no matter what I need I can always feel comfortable talking to one of the managers.
very fast growing company
Store associate (Former Employee) –  hwy 427 & queensway25 June 2012
i like to work with TJX canada.it is a very fast growing company.i learned so many things while working at MARSHALLS.every one work with team spirit .i will be very happy if i get a chance to work with this again.
Pros
summer picnics
Cons
closing shifts
FUN RETAIILSTORE ENVIRONMENT
FRONTLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 March 2012
WORKING AT THE STORE FOR JUST OVER A YEAR HAS BEEN A FUN RIDE. SOME GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD EXPERIENCES HAVE MADE THE YEAR A VERY FULL EXPERIENCE.
Pros
free lunches, hot chocolate, timmies, starbucks, cake, fruit, games, activities
Cons
no cons to report
Fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 June 2015
I overall enjoyed working at Marshalls.

I was in charge of the shoes department.

A typical day would consist of me:
- Update and arrange inventory as needed.
- Assist customers if they had any questions/concerns of me.
- Process and help with returns at the front of store.

Overall I would say that the job greatly helped me learn how to be part of a team and taught me that working as part of one can really give a sense of family at work which can make your workplace a lot more fun and enjoyable.

I got along very well with two of my three managers
Most people at my work didn't like the head manager because she was always first to criticize everyone and didn't ever take people's feelings into consideration. I accepted her for the way she was and tried my best to not take things personally.

I got along very well with my coworkers and even made a few friends. We all knew each other by name and it was a pleasure working there everyday.

The hardest part of the job were sale days. It was ridiculously busy which made it hard to get a lot done with people constantly needing my help and the workload was multiplied on those days so it was definitely a challenge to be able to find time to get everything done.

My favorite part of working there was again, my coworkers.
We all got along very well and it made it worth going in 4 or 5 times a week just to talk with them and put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Employee Discount, Fun & Friendly Atmosphere, Free Lunch (Sometimes)
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Comfortable work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  mississauga3 March 2015
My part time job. Best part about this job was, I got to meet new people everyday. Got to see all the new merchandise and process them. All the co-workers were very easy to work with.
most enjoyable part of my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2012
ensured an adequate stock of merchandise, keep a clean and safe environment for customers.always finished daily activities on time love doing my job. very motivated and hard working women.
Pros
always doing something
Cons
flexible hours
Productive and fun place to work in.
Works as a Front desk cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2015
enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers and solving their problems so as to make them satisfied for rest of the day.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2014
- Clock in, figure out your task for the day, work, clock out
- Customer service
- friendly co-workers
- Cleaning
- Team work, good environment, customers
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Marshalls - Great team!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2013
I enjoy working at Marshalls! The thing I love most is the fact that the store is new. It is exciting for many of the customers who come in and I enjoy sharing that experience with them.
Poor hours
Retail on Floor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 January 2013
great people, good retail experience and opportunities to advance in other areas and make bonuses while working
Pros
retail experience
Cons
hours