Marshalls Employee Reviews

Fun place to work. Great atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 October 2016
I had a lot of fun with my workmates. Work was challenging, but worth it in the end. Flexible hours were a big bonus, as I could manage my studies at the same time.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
good place to work with because the management are all fun people.
very clean place as it is a new establishment.
my co-workers are friendly.
Pros
discounts on purchases for associates
Cons
not enough work hours
Productive and fast environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2016
I learnt and delveloped great customer service skills, I would sometimes be the only person working on the sales floor and still managed to keep it clean and help customers find items they were looking for. The managers were great, my co workers are amazing and very hard working people I respect them very much. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers with what they needed. For example I seen a women carrying so many thing is her hands, I grabbed her a cart and she was very appreciative and had told me that I made her day.
Pros
Associate parties
Cons
Janitorial work
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing and talking to different kinds of customer everyday, knowing their stories about whats happening and assisting them and giving great customer service.
Pros
45 mins break
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 June 2016
Everyone was so friendly at Marshalls, I really enjoy working with the people that I do. I have learned so much there, not just work wise, but even about myself. I've made tons of new friends. The management was good, they were really flexible with hours and super friendly as well. They were understanding if you needed a sick day or had to go home early as well. Everyone there was super understanding. In retail, customers can be very persistent until they get what they want. The customer is always right, and you always have to go with what they say. I think sometimes having to do that was a little bit difficult for me, but I always found a way to compromise with the customer. You always have to make the customer feel welcome and comfortable, and I love making people feel at home. At marshalls, we strive for friendliness and teamwork. We all work together as a team to get things done.
Pros
Parties and free snacks :)
Cons
Scattered shifts
Really Corrupt management
Customer Service and Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
Really corrupt management at the district level and at the store level. They are not home-growing employees and hire clueless employees from other companies for managers/store-managers. Currently, some of the best employees are leaving due to the corruption. The HR also is corrupt and never solve any reported issues and simply follow what the DM says. The company is living on lying and selfish management and will start to drop down soon if they CEOs/Presidents don't start to take action.
Pros
Benefit plan
Cons
Everything else
professional and team-oriented
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 June 2016
There are opportunities at this company to work with the public directly as well as doing more background jobs. Their jobs range from part-time to full time and they hire anyone regardless of age, race, etc. I think anyone could work here and it is admirable how oriented Marshalls is to diversity. I would work here again.
Pros
professionalism, attention to detail
Cons
I felt like I was being scrutinized constantly
good place to work. could use more hours
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 June 2016
Every day is a good experiences, i like working there and i have great co workers. My managers are very understanding and easy going.
Pros
Meeting new people
Productive work place.
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 April 2016
Marshalls is a great environment to be apart of. I have enjoyed working there and would be sad to leave however the amount of hours each weeks (not even 10 hours) is not working for me when I have things I need to pay for. The managers and co-workers are great.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Not enough hours given. I have things I need to pay for.
good place to gain experience in the restaurant setting.
Bread dough maker, and baker. (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 April 2016
Made Bego dough, made begos, prep toppings, sauces, rice. Did dishes, took orders, served diners, take out orders deliveries, made more begos as needed. End of day, swept & mopped floors, did dishes, cleaned line and prepped for the next day. Did cash out, ensured all electrical appliances, ovens are off, turned out lights and set security and locked doors.
Pros
Fun communicating with customers and regulars.
Cons
No job security
Fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 April 2016
great pleace to work, good discount, would reccomend for students in high school, also a good place to build your career if retail is your choice.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
friendly work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 April 2016
friendly work place where i got to develop more of my communicational skills because it was very fast paced i got to communicate with people at a faster pas but at the same time help them with their purchases.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
not enough hours for work given
Amazing Place To Work At
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
Its a very company good that believe and encourage growth , the Management are caring, emphatic and understanding They appreciate all the employees. I learned a lot.Co-worker are friendly. Its a positive cool and flexible workplace and they sell very good products and clothing brands,
fun working place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2016
face pace, management are awesome, good team work, excellent customer service and awesome people to work with. very friendly environment and there is always a scope to grow in the company. the management are very encouraging and helpful.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON1 March 2016
Busy, which made the day go by fast.
Management was great. Other than some snobby customers the job was very enjoyable.
A lot of work parties. Managers wanted everyone to feel like family
productive and great place for a first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
i kept the shoe section spotless
you create social skills with co workers and customers
you build time management skills
and its a great first job
Exploitative work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
Exploitative work that is labor-intensive and pays a scrawny minimum wage despite education or experience.

If something is done wrongly you will be verbally abused by inept. barely educated management personnel.
Pros
Discounted merchandise
Cons
Low pay
Dull environment
Assist shoppers (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2016
Very unfriendly environment and rude employees.
Do not match up to availability and are not willing to change it either.
A day in the life of
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
on a daily basis i stocked products from the backroom to the sales floor. I also showed great customer survives.
I worked well with my co-workers
Pros
helping people
Cons
don't have any
I enjoyed working at Marshall's
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 January 2016
serving customers
I learned alot about people
The management was very nice, I got along with my co-workers very well and we had fun together while doing our work.
Keeping a good attitude when customers would deliberately make a mess of the clothes
The people were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
I loved my job
Cons
would like to have worked more in different departments