Marshalls Employee Reviews

Cashier, Cross-Trained in all other departments (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 April 2014
My typical day at work would be starting off with processing merchandise. That would include receiving the truck, laying out merchandise and then have it processed for sale (hanging clothes, security tagging most items). After all that is done and if I still have time, I would either join the cashiers up front, maintain floor stock, markdown prices, or transfer certain merchandise to the designated WINNERS all over Canada. I have learnt a vast amount of information about the operation of a Retail business. My management are exceptionally professional about their job and my co-workers make me want to come to work even more. I'm the chosen one to do any sort of physical activity within the vicinity. I enjoy my work because of the people that I work with and they keep me going when time gets tough.
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 April 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.
Productive, engaging enviroment
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 March 2014
Engaging with customers, organizing clothes with proper hangers, size numbs and censors tags.
Learned valuable information about loss prevention, timing standards and delivering excellent customer service 100%. Amazing co-workers and managers. Always welcoming with an open door policy. Most enjoyable part is engaging with the customers, helping them find that perfect item and just being able to make someone’s day with just a smile.
Productive and enjoyable work experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 February 2014
A typical day at Marshalls consists of a very busy atmosphere. The location that I am employed at is the first Marshalls location in the Durham Region, which makes it very popular among those living within the GTA. Through the assistance of managers and my workers I have learned various ways to merchandise and how to be a better associate, in order to survive a busy day or to deal with the many kinds of customers I may come into contact with. I have not only polished my abilities to merchandise and sell, but I have polished my communication and problem solving skills at work and outside of work. I come across various kinds of customers which are not always the easiest to deal with but I have learned how to properly assist these customers in a way that leads them to leaving the store content with the services I provided as an associate. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers in areas they may not be familiar with, as well as expressing my own ideas for merchandising.
Simple job with great coworkers
SEASONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 February 2014
A typical day at work at Marshalls for me either consisted of either sorting/processing the new clothing/home items in the back, putting out the new clothing/home items in the front and occasionally help customers. I learned how to sort clothing as well as the pyramid scheme of how to put items on the tables. The management was hit and miss. There was one time where a girl went home sick but was called over the speaker to come to cash over the next two hours. The manager notified the people in the warehouse but not the people in the back. My co workers were great and I got a long with them really well. The hardest part of my job was definitley the speed of the process. We always had to be on the ball but on occasion it was difficult. As always the most enjoyable part of a retail job my favourite parts of Marshalls was helping the customers find what they want.
Pros
10% clothing discount, great coworkers, close to home, some good managers
Cons
6am shifts, little communications between manegment and lower people, not being able to fully be a retail clerk.
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ontario17 January 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the tasks I had were fairly straight forward and understandable, it allows for your creative mind to leak through.
Pros
Awesome events
Cons
Hours arent the best
Fun workplace, felt like being apart of a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2013
- learned how to work in a warehouse
- every task was timed (ex. putting away 1 rolling rack in 9min.)
- management was very unorganized/ poor communication
- got along with all my coworkers and managers; became friends outside of work
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management, minimum wage
Merchandise Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2013
I have learned a lot about leadership in the past few years. I have been able to train new associates and prepare for two grand openings within the company. I have been able to work closely with new associates and expand their knowledge about standards in order for them to earn a promotion within the company. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how fast associates learn just by being a great leader and setting a positive attitude.
Pros
Happy and friendly environment
Good environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 April 2013
A typical day of work consists of being a cashier where I represent the company and assist customers. I learned interpersonal skills and how to deal with temperamental people. I also learnt to excel at my job. Throughout my stay I have seen many managers transfer out. It can be stressful since they introduce new ideas on how to run the store. The hardest part of my job is when there is not enough staff on a busy day and we have to endure upset customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing friendly faces and being able to work with a great group of people.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Not enough hours
Marshalls - Great team!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2013
I enjoy working at Marshalls! The thing I love most is the fact that the store is new. It is exciting for many of the customers who come in and I enjoy sharing that experience with them.
The staff was friendly and upbeat and we always had a fun time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 March 2013
While working at Marshalls I worked in many of the different departments. My two main positions were cashier and the shoe department. The best part of the job were the people that I met and befriended. The times we had together made getting through the long shifts easy.
Pros
co-workers
A normal day
Sales Associate, Cashier, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 February 2013
Everyone got along with each other, the managers listen to you when you need to talk to them. They always take into consideration people who ask for hours.
Poor hours
Retail on Floor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 January 2013
great people, good retail experience and opportunities to advance in other areas and make bonuses while working
Pros
retail experience
Cons
hours
productive workplace with great staff and wonderful management.
Sales Associate (part time) (Former Employee) –  WARDEN & EGLINTON 808 Warden Avenue Toronto7 January 2013
A typical day at work for an employee such as myself was very productive and knowlegdeable.In additional, I learned how to stock merchandice, close and opening the store,learned great leadership skills and participated in many activities that were held. In conclude to that,the hardest part about this job was working on my feet for a long period of time. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of this job was contributing to great customer service.
Pros
great staff
Cons
too many hours on my feet
most enjoyable part of my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2012
ensured an adequate stock of merchandise, keep a clean and safe environment for customers.always finished daily activities on time love doing my job. very motivated and hard working women.
Pros
always doing something
Cons
flexible hours
nice co-workers
Warden Avenue (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2012
i would great customers and help them with there purchase.
my co-workers were very helpful and positive towards me
very fast growing company
Store associate (Former Employee) –  hwy 427 & queensway25 June 2012
i like to work with TJX canada.it is a very fast growing company.i learned so many things while working at MARSHALLS.every one work with team spirit .i will be very happy if i get a chance to work with this again.
Pros
summer picnics
Cons
closing shifts
FUN RETAIILSTORE ENVIRONMENT
FRONTLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 March 2012
WORKING AT THE STORE FOR JUST OVER A YEAR HAS BEEN A FUN RIDE. SOME GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD EXPERIENCES HAVE MADE THE YEAR A VERY FULL EXPERIENCE.
Pros
free lunches, hot chocolate, timmies, starbucks, cake, fruit, games, activities
Cons
no cons to report
Bien
caisse, commis (Current Employee) –  Brossard5 April 2015
Bonne dynamique de groupe
Travail polyvalent au sein de l'entreprise
Plusieurs poste offert
Bonne conditions de travail
environnement agréable
commis au marchandise (Current Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC12 November 2013
Tout le personnels sont heureux de travailler, il on toujours le sourire .Ont offrent un très bon service a la clientèle. l'environement est sécuritaire et un atmosphère agréable
Pros
pause a notre disposition
Cons
je suis stagiere