Marshalls Employee Reviews in Canada

A good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto OntarioMay 6, 2014
I worked as a cashier, as well as on the floor. My responsibilities included helping customers, maintaining store appearance. This was the first job I ever had, so i learned a lot about working with others in a professional environment. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
close to home
The staff was friendly and upbeat and we always had a fun time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 7, 2013
While working at Marshalls I worked in many of the different departments. My two main positions were cashier and the shoe department. The best part of the job were the people that I met and befriended. The times we had together made getting through the long shifts easy.
Pros
co-workers
Productive and fun workplace environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
- Clock in, figure out your task for the day, work, clock out
- Customer service
- friendly co-workers
- Cleaning
- Team work, good environment, customers
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace, felt like being apart of a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2013
- learned how to work in a warehouse
- every task was timed (ex. putting away 1 rolling rack in 9min.)
- management was very unorganized/ poor communication
- got along with all my coworkers and managers; became friends outside of work
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management, minimum wage
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 5, 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.
FUN RETAIILSTORE ENVIRONMENT
FRONTLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 27, 2012
WORKING AT THE STORE FOR JUST OVER A YEAR HAS BEEN A FUN RIDE. SOME GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD EXPERIENCES HAVE MADE THE YEAR A VERY FULL EXPERIENCE.
Pros
free lunches, hot chocolate, timmies, starbucks, cake, fruit, games, activities
Cons
no cons to report
very fast growing company
Store associate (Former Employee) –  hwy 427 & queenswayJune 25, 2012
i like to work with TJX canada.it is a very fast growing company.i learned so many things while working at MARSHALLS.every one work with team spirit .i will be very happy if i get a chance to work with this again.
Pros
summer picnics
Cons
closing shifts
most enjoyable part of my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
ensured an adequate stock of merchandise, keep a clean and safe environment for customers.always finished daily activities on time love doing my job. very motivated and hard working women.
Pros
always doing something
Cons
flexible hours
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
I enjoyed working at marshalls, it was fun and i loved my coworkers. it was a positive fun upbeat environment, hardest part was keeping customers happy and most enjoyable was break!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive and enjoyable work experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day at Marshalls consists of a very busy atmosphere. The location that I am employed at is the first Marshalls location in the Durham Region, which makes it very popular among those living within the GTA. Through the assistance of managers and my workers I have learned various ways to merchandise and how to be a better associate, in order to survive a busy day or to deal with the many kinds of customers I may come into contact with. I have not only polished my abilities to merchandise and sell, but I have polished my communication and problem solving skills at work and outside of work. I come across various kinds of customers which are not always the easiest to deal with but I have learned how to properly assist these customers in a way that leads them to leaving the store content with the services I provided as an associate. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers in areas they may not be familiar with, as well as expressing my own ideas for merchandising.
Great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ONJanuary 9, 2015
I loved working with Marshalls but had difficulties getting to work.
Marshalls - Great team!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2013
I enjoy working at Marshalls! The thing I love most is the fact that the store is new. It is exciting for many of the customers who come in and I enjoy sharing that experience with them.
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the tasks I had were fairly straight forward and understandable, it allows for your creative mind to leak through.
Pros
awesome events
Cons
hours arent the best
Simple job with great coworkers
SEASONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at work at Marshalls for me either consisted of either sorting/processing the new clothing/home items in the back, putting out the new clothing/home items in the front and occasionally help customers. I learned how to sort clothing as well as the pyramid scheme of how to put items on the tables. The management was hit and miss. There was one time where a girl went home sick but was called over the speaker to come to cash over the next two hours. The manager notified the people in the warehouse but not the people in the back. My co workers were great and I got a long with them really well. The hardest part of my job was definitley the speed of the process. We always had to be on the ball but on occasion it was difficult. As always the most enjoyable part of a retail job my favourite parts of Marshalls was helping the customers find what they want.
Pros
10% clothing discount, great coworkers, close to home, some good managers
Cons
6am shifts, little communications between manegment and lower people, not being able to fully be a retail clerk.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 2, 2015
I overall enjoyed working at Marshalls.

I was in charge of the shoes department.

A typical day would consist of me:
- Update and arrange inventory as needed.
- Assist customers if they had any questions/concerns of me.
- Process and help with returns at the front of store.

Overall I would say that the job greatly helped me learn how to be part of a team and taught me that working as part of one can really give a sense of family at work which can make your workplace a lot more fun and enjoyable.

I got along very well with two of my three managers
Most people at my work didn't like the head manager because she was always first to criticize everyone and didn't ever take people's feelings into consideration. I accepted her for the way she was and tried my best to not take things personally.

I got along very well with my coworkers and even made a few friends. We all knew each other by name and it was a pleasure working there everyday.

The hardest part of the job were sale days. It was ridiculously busy which made it hard to get a lot done with people constantly needing my help and the workload was multiplied on those days so it was definitely a challenge to be able to find time to get everything done.

My favorite part of working there was again, my coworkers.
We all got along very well and it made it worth going in 4 or 5 times a week just to talk with them and put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Employee Discount, Fun & Friendly Atmosphere, Free Lunch (Sometimes)
Cons
Not Enough Hours
A normal day
Sales Associate, Cashier, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 14, 2013
Everyone got along with each other, the managers listen to you when you need to talk to them. They always take into consideration people who ask for hours.
Poor hours
Retail on Floor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2013
great people, good retail experience and opportunities to advance in other areas and make bonuses while working
Pros
retail experience
Cons
hours
FUN WORKPLACE
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 9, 2014
I DO LOVE WORKING AT MARSHALLS BUT LOW RATE.LOVE TO WORK WITH TEAMMATES.
Zone I Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 22, 2014
more career advancement and great people and the management as well.
nice co-workers
Warden Avenue (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2012
i would great customers and help them with there purchase.
my co-workers were very helpful and positive towards me