Marshalls Employee Reviews in Canada

FUN WORKPLACE
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 9, 2014
I DO LOVE WORKING AT MARSHALLS BUT LOW RATE.LOVE TO WORK WITH TEAMMATES.
Fun workplace. Low wage.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 2, 2014
Great place to work at for your first job. Management is very helpful and understanding. Very easy to give away your shifts to others if an emergency occurs. Many social events. Some customers can be very difficult to handle but you will always have a manager deal with it. The only thing that sucks is my wage. They have many incentive programs which offer $ for catching thieves or individuals up to no good.
Pros
many social events, flexible schedule, easy tasks, helpful management.
Cons
low wage, shifts very depending on sales
Busy yet fun atmosphere to work in
Cashier, Fitting Room Clerk, Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 23, 2014
A typical day at work was, looking at the schedule and seeing what zone I would be in for my shift. Zones would include Cashier, Fitting Rooms, Shoes, Men's, Women's, Kids and Home sections. I've learned a lot working there and working in such a fun and busy atmosphere makes it enjoyable going to work.
Pros
working with such great people
Zone I Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 22, 2014
more career advancement and great people and the management as well.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
I enjoyed working at marshalls, it was fun and i loved my coworkers. it was a positive fun upbeat environment, hardest part was keeping customers happy and most enjoyable was break!
Pros
free lunches
Great place to work,
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
A typical day at work involves engaging with customers, keep the department clean and doing merchandise recovery. I have learned how to be more efficient in multitasking, by having to do recovery, clean and organize all at the same time. The management was great, but due to all the managers leaving, I have to start again and build new relationships with new people. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between managers. They sometimes forget to tell each other things or forget things in general, which can leave employees confused and led in the wrong direction. The most enjoyable part of work are the customers and the staff. It's always great to be able to help someone in even the smallest way and the staff is one beg happy family.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
communication
A good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto OntarioMay 6, 2014
I worked as a cashier, as well as on the floor. My responsibilities included helping customers, maintaining store appearance. This was the first job I ever had, so i learned a lot about working with others in a professional environment. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Salesmanship
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Part time sales associate.
Learned about sales, pricing, customer service.
Cashier, Cross-Trained in all other departments (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 21, 2014
My typical day at work would be starting off with processing merchandise. That would include receiving the truck, laying out merchandise and then have it processed for sale (hanging clothes, security tagging most items). After all that is done and if I still have time, I would either join the cashiers up front, maintain floor stock, markdown prices, or transfer certain merchandise to the designated WINNERS all over Canada. I have learnt a vast amount of information about the operation of a Retail business. My management are exceptionally professional about their job and my co-workers make me want to come to work even more. I'm the chosen one to do any sort of physical activity within the vicinity. I enjoy my work because of the people that I work with and they keep me going when time gets tough.
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 5, 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.
Productive, engaging enviroment
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 11, 2014
Engaging with customers, organizing clothes with proper hangers, size numbs and censors tags.
Learned valuable information about loss prevention, timing standards and delivering excellent customer service 100%. Amazing co-workers and managers. Always welcoming with an open door policy. Most enjoyable part is engaging with the customers, helping them find that perfect item and just being able to make someone’s day with just a smile.
Productive and enjoyable work experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day at Marshalls consists of a very busy atmosphere. The location that I am employed at is the first Marshalls location in the Durham Region, which makes it very popular among those living within the GTA. Through the assistance of managers and my workers I have learned various ways to merchandise and how to be a better associate, in order to survive a busy day or to deal with the many kinds of customers I may come into contact with. I have not only polished my abilities to merchandise and sell, but I have polished my communication and problem solving skills at work and outside of work. I come across various kinds of customers which are not always the easiest to deal with but I have learned how to properly assist these customers in a way that leads them to leaving the store content with the services I provided as an associate. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers in areas they may not be familiar with, as well as expressing my own ideas for merchandising.
Simple job with great coworkers
SEASONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at work at Marshalls for me either consisted of either sorting/processing the new clothing/home items in the back, putting out the new clothing/home items in the front and occasionally help customers. I learned how to sort clothing as well as the pyramid scheme of how to put items on the tables. The management was hit and miss. There was one time where a girl went home sick but was called over the speaker to come to cash over the next two hours. The manager notified the people in the warehouse but not the people in the back. My co workers were great and I got a long with them really well. The hardest part of my job was definitley the speed of the process. We always had to be on the ball but on occasion it was difficult. As always the most enjoyable part of a retail job my favourite parts of Marshalls was helping the customers find what they want.
Pros
10% clothing discount, great coworkers, close to home, some good managers
Cons
6am shifts, little communications between manegment and lower people, not being able to fully be a retail clerk.
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the tasks I had were fairly straight forward and understandable, it allows for your creative mind to leak through.
Pros
awesome events
Cons
hours arent the best
Fun workplace, felt like being apart of a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2013
- learned how to work in a warehouse
- every task was timed (ex. putting away 1 rolling rack in 9min.)
- management was very unorganized/ poor communication
- got along with all my coworkers and managers; became friends outside of work
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management, minimum wage
Merchandise Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2013
I have learned a lot about leadership in the past few years. I have been able to train new associates and prepare for two grand openings within the company. I have been able to work closely with new associates and expand their knowledge about standards in order for them to earn a promotion within the company. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how fast associates learn just by being a great leader and setting a positive attitude.
Pros
happy and friendly environment
Good environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 30, 2013
A typical day of work consists of being a cashier where I represent the company and assist customers. I learned interpersonal skills and how to deal with temperamental people. I also learnt to excel at my job. Throughout my stay I have seen many managers transfer out. It can be stressful since they introduce new ideas on how to run the store. The hardest part of my job is when there is not enough staff on a busy day and we have to endure upset customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing friendly faces and being able to work with a great group of people.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
not enough hours
Marshalls - Great team!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2013
I enjoy working at Marshalls! The thing I love most is the fact that the store is new. It is exciting for many of the customers who come in and I enjoy sharing that experience with them.
The staff was friendly and upbeat and we always had a fun time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 7, 2013
While working at Marshalls I worked in many of the different departments. My two main positions were cashier and the shoe department. The best part of the job were the people that I met and befriended. The times we had together made getting through the long shifts easy.
Pros
co-workers
A normal day
Sales Associate, Cashier, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 14, 2013
Everyone got along with each other, the managers listen to you when you need to talk to them. They always take into consideration people who ask for hours.