Marshalls Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work,
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: communication
A typical day at work involves engaging with customers, keep the department clean and doing merchandise recovery. I have learned how to be more efficient in multitasking, by having to do recovery, clean and organize all at the same time. The management was great, but due to all the managers leaving, I have to start again and build new relationships with new people. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between managers. They sometimes forget to tell each other things or forget things in general, which can leave employees confused and led in the wrong direction. The most enjoyable part of work are the customers and the staff. It's always great to be able to help someone in even the smallest way and the staff is one beg happy family.
A good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioMay 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
I worked as a cashier, as well as on the floor. My responsibilities included helping customers, maintaining store appearance. This was the first job I ever had, so i learned a lot about working with others in a professional environment. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with my co-workers.
Salesmanship
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Part time sales associate.
Learned about sales, pricing, customer service.
Cashier, Cross-Trained in all other departments (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 21, 2014
My typical day at work would be starting off with processing merchandise. That would include receiving the truck, laying out merchandise and then have it processed for sale (hanging clothes, security tagging most items). After all that is done and if I still have time, I would either join the cashiers up front, maintain floor stock, markdown prices, or transfer certain merchandise to the designated WINNERS all over Canada. I have learnt a vast amount of information about the operation of a Retail business. My management are exceptionally professional about their job and my co-workers make me want to come to work even more. I'm the chosen one to do any sort of physical activity within the vicinity. I enjoy my work because of the people that I work with and they keep me going when time gets tough.
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 5, 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.
Productive, engaging enviroment
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 11, 2014
Engaging with customers, organizing clothes with proper hangers, size numbs and censors tags.
Learned valuable information about loss prevention, timing standards and delivering excellent customer service 100%. Amazing co-workers and managers. Always welcoming with an open door policy. Most enjoyable part is engaging with the customers, helping them find that perfect item and just being able to make someone’s day with just a smile.
Productive and enjoyable work experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day at Marshalls consists of a very busy atmosphere. The location that I am employed at is the first Marshalls location in the Durham Region, which makes it very popular among those living within the GTA. Through the assistance of managers and my workers I have learned various ways to merchandise and how to be a better associate, in order to survive a busy day or to deal with the many kinds of customers I may come into contact with. I have not only polished my abilities to merchandise and sell, but I have polished my communication and problem solving skills at work and outside of work. I come across various kinds of customers which are not always the easiest to deal with but I have learned how to properly assist these customers in a way that leads them to leaving the store content with the services I provided as an associate. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers in areas they may not be familiar with, as well as expressing my own ideas for merchandising.
Simple job with great coworkers
SEASONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: 10% clothing discount, great coworkers, close to home, some good managers
Cons: 6am shifts, little communications between manegment and lower people, not being able to fully be a retail clerk.
A typical day at work at Marshalls for me either consisted of either sorting/processing the new clothing/home items in the back, putting out the new clothing/home items in the front and occasionally help customers. I learned how to sort clothing as well as the pyramid scheme of how to put items on the tables. The management was hit and miss. There was one time where a girl went home sick but was called over the speaker to come to cash over the next two hours. The manager notified the people in the warehouse but not the people in the back. My co workers were great and I got a long with them really well. The hardest part of my job was definitley the speed of the process. We always had to be on the ball but on occasion it was difficult. As always the most enjoyable part of a retail job my favourite parts of Marshalls was helping the customers find what they want.
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: awesome events
Cons: hours arent the best
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the tasks I had were fairly straight forward and understandable, it allows for your creative mind to leak through.
Fun workplace, felt like being apart of a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor management, minimum wage
- learned how to work in a warehouse
- every task was timed (ex. putting away 1 rolling rack in 9min.)
- management was very unorganized/ poor communication
- got along with all my coworkers and managers; became friends outside of work
Merchandise Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: happy and friendly environment
I have learned a lot about leadership in the past few years. I have been able to train new associates and prepare for two grand openings within the company. I have been able to work closely with new associates and expand their knowledge about standards in order for them to earn a promotion within the company. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how fast associates learn just by being a great leader and setting a positive attitude.
Good environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: free dinners
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day of work consists of being a cashier where I represent the company and assist customers. I learned interpersonal skills and how to deal with temperamental people. I also learnt to excel at my job. Throughout my stay I have seen many managers transfer out. It can be stressful since they introduce new ideas on how to run the store. The hardest part of my job is when there is not enough staff on a busy day and we have to endure upset customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing friendly faces and being able to work with a great group of people.
Marshalls - Great team!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2013
I enjoy working at Marshalls! The thing I love most is the fact that the store is new. It is exciting for many of the customers who come in and I enjoy sharing that experience with them.
The staff was friendly and upbeat and we always had a fun time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 7, 2013
Pros: co-workers
While working at Marshalls I worked in many of the different departments. My two main positions were cashier and the shoe department. The best part of the job were the people that I met and befriended. The times we had together made getting through the long shifts easy.
A normal day
Sales Associate, Cashier, Warehouse (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 14, 2013
Everyone got along with each other, the managers listen to you when you need to talk to them. They always take into consideration people who ask for hours.
Poor hours
Retail on Floor Salesman (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: retail experience
Cons: hours
great people, good retail experience and opportunities to advance in other areas and make bonuses while working
productive workplace with great staff and wonderful management.
Sales Associate (part time) (Former Employee), WARDEN & EGLINTON 808 Warden Avenue TorontoJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: too many hours on my feet
A typical day at work for an employee such as myself was very productive and knowlegdeable.In additional, I learned how to stock merchandice, close and opening the store,learned great leadership skills and participated in many activities that were held. In conclude to that,the hardest part about this job was working on my feet for a long period of time. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of this job was contributing to great customer service.
most enjoyable part of my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: always doing something
Cons: flexible hours
ensured an adequate stock of merchandise, keep a clean and safe environment for customers.always finished daily activities on time love doing my job. very motivated and hard working women.
nice co-workers
Warden Avenue (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2012
i would great customers and help them with there purchase.
my co-workers were very helpful and positive towards me
very fast growing company
Store associate (Former Employee), hwy 427 & queenswayJune 25, 2012
Pros: summer picnics
Cons: closing shifts
i like to work with TJX canada.it is a very fast growing company.i learned so many things while working at MARSHALLS.every one work with team spirit .i will be very happy if i get a chance to work with this again.