Marshalls Employee Reviews

Fun workplace. Low wage.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2014
Great place to work at for your first job. Management is very helpful and understanding. Very easy to give away your shifts to others if an emergency occurs. Many social events. Some customers can be very difficult to handle but you will always have a manager deal with it. The only thing that sucks is my wage. They have many incentive programs which offer $ for catching thieves or individuals up to no good.
Pros
Many social events, flexible schedule, easy tasks, helpful management.
Cons
Low wage, shifts very depending on sales
Productive, engaging enviroment
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 March 2014
Engaging with customers, organizing clothes with proper hangers, size numbs and censors tags.
Learned valuable information about loss prevention, timing standards and delivering excellent customer service 100%. Amazing co-workers and managers. Always welcoming with an open door policy. Most enjoyable part is engaging with the customers, helping them find that perfect item and just being able to make someone’s day with just a smile.
productive workplace with great staff and wonderful management.
Sales Associate (part time) (Former Employee) –  WARDEN & EGLINTON 808 Warden Avenue Toronto7 January 2013
A typical day at work for an employee such as myself was very productive and knowlegdeable.In additional, I learned how to stock merchandice, close and opening the store,learned great leadership skills and participated in many activities that were held. In conclude to that,the hardest part about this job was working on my feet for a long period of time. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of this job was contributing to great customer service.
Pros
great staff
Cons
too many hours on my feet
Good environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 April 2013
A typical day of work consists of being a cashier where I represent the company and assist customers. I learned interpersonal skills and how to deal with temperamental people. I also learnt to excel at my job. Throughout my stay I have seen many managers transfer out. It can be stressful since they introduce new ideas on how to run the store. The hardest part of my job is when there is not enough staff on a busy day and we have to endure upset customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing friendly faces and being able to work with a great group of people.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Not enough hours
Merchandise Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2013
I have learned a lot about leadership in the past few years. I have been able to train new associates and prepare for two grand openings within the company. I have been able to work closely with new associates and expand their knowledge about standards in order for them to earn a promotion within the company. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how fast associates learn just by being a great leader and setting a positive attitude.
Pros
Happy and friendly environment
Great environment to work in
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2015
Every day was different. Some days longer than others but enjoyable.
My best experience at Marshalls was working during the Christmas holidays and it was busy which kept me going all through my shift.
I got to interact with different customers, and ensured their shopping experience was good.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No time off if really sick
Great place to work,
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2014
A typical day at work involves engaging with customers, keep the department clean and doing merchandise recovery. I have learned how to be more efficient in multitasking, by having to do recovery, clean and organize all at the same time. The management was great, but due to all the managers leaving, I have to start again and build new relationships with new people. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between managers. They sometimes forget to tell each other things or forget things in general, which can leave employees confused and led in the wrong direction. The most enjoyable part of work are the customers and the staff. It's always great to be able to help someone in even the smallest way and the staff is one beg happy family.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Communication
Busy yet fun atmosphere to work in
Cashier, Fitting Room Clerk, Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 September 2014
A typical day at work was, looking at the schedule and seeing what zone I would be in for my shift. Zones would include Cashier, Fitting Rooms, Shoes, Men's, Women's, Kids and Home sections. I've learned a lot working there and working in such a fun and busy atmosphere makes it enjoyable going to work.
Pros
Working with such great people
Cashier, Cross-Trained in all other departments (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 April 2014
My typical day at work would be starting off with processing merchandise. That would include receiving the truck, laying out merchandise and then have it processed for sale (hanging clothes, security tagging most items). After all that is done and if I still have time, I would either join the cashiers up front, maintain floor stock, markdown prices, or transfer certain merchandise to the designated WINNERS all over Canada. I have learnt a vast amount of information about the operation of a Retail business. My management are exceptionally professional about their job and my co-workers make me want to come to work even more. I'm the chosen one to do any sort of physical activity within the vicinity. I enjoy my work because of the people that I work with and they keep me going when time gets tough.
Marshalls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2015
The store is okay at 808 Warden Ave and the people that work there aren't slackers so you have to be ready to give it your all and have to be well versed on everything.
Not a good place to work if you are looking for a slow pace job
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 March 2015
You learn a lot of things and its easy to get along with your manager and the fellow employees. A fast passé working store, lots of hands on. You get send to others stores to learn the ways that things are done there compared to yours.
Pros
hours
Cons
Not the best job but it got me by
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2015
I've worked for this company for about 8 years.Its not the best company but it puts money in the bank. Can grow in the company if you want
The staff was friendly and upbeat and we always had a fun time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 March 2013
While working at Marshalls I worked in many of the different departments. My two main positions were cashier and the shoe department. The best part of the job were the people that I met and befriended. The times we had together made getting through the long shifts easy.
Pros
co-workers
productive fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 November 2015
fun work place with supportive management and a great team!
The managers are understanding about time off and flexible with availability.
Co workers are positive and fun, Fast paced and always new and exciting.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 February 2015
I have always enjoyed going to work and seeing my fellow coworkers. Management has not been forthcoming and trustworth with employees. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is and not purchasing everything in the store.
Cons
No hours
A good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario6 May 2014
I worked as a cashier, as well as on the floor. My responsibilities included helping customers, maintaining store appearance. This was the first job I ever had, so i learned a lot about working with others in a professional environment. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Fun workplace, felt like being apart of a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2013
- learned how to work in a warehouse
- every task was timed (ex. putting away 1 rolling rack in 9min.)
- management was very unorganized/ poor communication
- got along with all my coworkers and managers; became friends outside of work
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management, minimum wage
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 April 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.
Flexible schedule
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West, ON27 April 2015
Marshalls has a very flexible hours and the managers are always willing to work with my schedule. The family culture makes the working environment very enjoyable. During these turbulent economic times this has been a very stable job.
FUN RETAIILSTORE ENVIRONMENT
FRONTLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 March 2012
WORKING AT THE STORE FOR JUST OVER A YEAR HAS BEEN A FUN RIDE. SOME GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD EXPERIENCES HAVE MADE THE YEAR A VERY FULL EXPERIENCE.
Pros
free lunches, hot chocolate, timmies, starbucks, cake, fruit, games, activities
Cons
no cons to report