Marshalls Employee Reviews

best place to start a career in retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC15 June 2017
I have worked in Marshalls and this is where I got a chance to show my skills in the warehouse, cashier and the sales floor. Good opportunity to learn how to multitask in a work environment.
Marshals
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 June 2017
A typical day at Marshals consists of greeting customers with a friendly smile, and making them feel comfortable shopping at our location. At Marshals being organized and keeping your work area clean is also something you are required to do. Since working at marshals my customer service skills have greatly improved, I find it is not difficult talking to customers and also I am very comfortable creating conversation with customers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Great workplace but no further advancement
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2017
It is a great workplace and I work with great people and I do enjoy my co-workers, they are a ton of fun! We are always doing something fun and work. However, it is very hard to move further up in the company and they give you tons of work for such little money. A lot is expected of you for such a low paying job. I also don't like how you are on your feet for long hours and do not even get one full hour off the floor.
Seasonal Worker
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 June 2017
Working as a seasonal associate was good, it did not entail many hours and I got retail experience. I did not work there for long but the job was good for high school.
Awesome atmostfear
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 May 2017
Loved working with such and amazing group of people always willing to lend a hand. Consistently had regular costumers and enjoyed greeting them and helping them by answering any question they might have had
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Little, no opportunity for advancement
Not the greatest place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
management aren't flexible when it comes to scheduling your hours, the floor is constantly understaffed and theres too many tasks to be completed for too little people, everyone is constantly strained, overall not the best place to work. the only perk was that there was always hours available since they were understaffed.
Groodworkplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 May 2017
The people I work with make the job much better.
Management should be more organized.
Learned a lot with the proper training from customer service to maintaining a clean workplace.
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
successfully handled large quantity of money transactions and also refunded items. Excellent customer services. Helped out in training co-workers at cash register.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
great work place with lots of nice people
Washer labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 May 2017
a typical day would be taking out all the garbage to the dumpsters and cleaning the fueling station. Then we would go into the warehouse to wash customers truck and trailers.
Productive and a good-paced work environment with friendly workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 May 2017
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning up messy areas around the store, stocking inventory and helping customers. Workplace culture was very team-oriented, and inclusive, yet productive. Management was very flexible with working around your personal schedule and booking time off. Hardest part of the jobs dealing with difficult customers, and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with great staff members, and the positive environment of the job.
Pros
Very accommodating to your schedule, very team-oriented workplace.
Cons
Standing on your feet for too long.
Great place for part time work.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 May 2017
Intense retail environment. Opportunity to grow customer service skills as well as merchandizing skills. Friendly environment with career paths available.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Extensive retail environment.
the compagny is not bad
Assistant manager in the warehouse (Former Employee) –  edmonton4 May 2017
some racism in the store
there is no respect when you are different
the management do not pay attention to the people
there is no ethic in the work place
It's fun loving work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South common17 April 2017
I learned a lot while working there .i just leave that job becouse my son was too small he is 2 year old and I am looking for good job with good salary .
Pros
Free lunch on any occasion
Cons
Low salary
Not bad
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 April 2017
Some people there were great, some does not work well with team. Also, the some management all they did was manage, and did not help out, but some were very helpful.
A Company I Love
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2017
I have worked as an associate at Marshalls in London, ON for 8 months now. I am so lucky to be a part of such a fantastic team. The managers are highly motivating, they help to ensure you are successful in any and every role.
Sales associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2017
Great place to work the energy is really great and easy going
you have fun and if the management is great your experience will be great as well
Excellent environment, understanding and cooperative staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Marshalls had an excellent work environment, with cooperative and supportive associates and an understanding managerial staff. A typical work day involved serving customers at the check-out, fixing mismatched merchandise, finding correct price tags for items, and cleaning at the end of the shift. Depending on the customer being served, it could either be the hardest or most enjoyable part of the job. Marshalls greatly helped to reinforce values of teamwork and cooperation.
fun
customer service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 February 2017
good environment, supportive management . Fun people that made the job easy to do. Work didnt seem like work, wouldnt have left it i didnt move so far away.
Productive Workplace
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
At Marshalls, there was always work to do. Never a boring moment with co-workers who would push each other to make sure store quality was kept at amazing conditions. Customers were always fun to interact with and allowed me to gain valuable skills. Work was not challenging so it made it feel sometimes unfulfilling.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Short Hours
good place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
good place to work and interact with customers and being able to help them not just to help them find what they are looking for but to also help load their cars