Marshalls Employee Reviews

A day in the life of
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
on a daily basis i stocked products from the backroom to the sales floor. I also showed great customer survives.
I worked well with my co-workers
Pros
helping people
Cons
don't have any
Not the best job but it got me by
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
I've worked for this company for about 8 years.Its not the best company but it puts money in the bank. Can grow in the company if you want
Marshalls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
The store is okay at 808 Warden Ave and the people that work there aren't slackers so you have to be ready to give it your all and have to be well versed on everything.
Friendly and Progressive Work Group
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2015
I have developed new social skills as well as hands on skills such as working as a cashier, assisting customers over the phone and in person. I really enjoyed working with all of my co-workers as everyone was very helpful and friendly. Overall a good working experience.
Pros
Friendly Environement
Cons
Not my preferred working field
Great place to work,
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
A typical day at work involves engaging with customers, keep the department clean and doing merchandise recovery. I have learned how to be more efficient in multitasking, by having to do recovery, clean and organize all at the same time. The management was great, but due to all the managers leaving, I have to start again and build new relationships with new people. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between managers. They sometimes forget to tell each other things or forget things in general, which can leave employees confused and led in the wrong direction. The most enjoyable part of work are the customers and the staff. It's always great to be able to help someone in even the smallest way and the staff is one beg happy family.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
communication
Cashier, Cross-Trained in all other departments (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 21, 2014
My typical day at work would be starting off with processing merchandise. That would include receiving the truck, laying out merchandise and then have it processed for sale (hanging clothes, security tagging most items). After all that is done and if I still have time, I would either join the cashiers up front, maintain floor stock, markdown prices, or transfer certain merchandise to the designated WINNERS all over Canada. I have learnt a vast amount of information about the operation of a Retail business. My management are exceptionally professional about their job and my co-workers make me want to come to work even more. I'm the chosen one to do any sort of physical activity within the vicinity. I enjoy my work because of the people that I work with and they keep me going when time gets tough.
Fun workplace. Low wage.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 2, 2014
Great place to work at for your first job. Management is very helpful and understanding. Very easy to give away your shifts to others if an emergency occurs. Many social events. Some customers can be very difficult to handle but you will always have a manager deal with it. The only thing that sucks is my wage. They have many incentive programs which offer $ for catching thieves or individuals up to no good.
Pros
many social events, flexible schedule, easy tasks, helpful management.
Cons
low wage, shifts very depending on sales
Flexible schedule
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West, ONApril 27, 2015
Marshalls has a very flexible hours and the managers are always willing to work with my schedule. The family culture makes the working environment very enjoyable. During these turbulent economic times this has been a very stable job.
Simple job with great coworkers
SEASONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at work at Marshalls for me either consisted of either sorting/processing the new clothing/home items in the back, putting out the new clothing/home items in the front and occasionally help customers. I learned how to sort clothing as well as the pyramid scheme of how to put items on the tables. The management was hit and miss. There was one time where a girl went home sick but was called over the speaker to come to cash over the next two hours. The manager notified the people in the warehouse but not the people in the back. My co workers were great and I got a long with them really well. The hardest part of my job was definitley the speed of the process. We always had to be on the ball but on occasion it was difficult. As always the most enjoyable part of a retail job my favourite parts of Marshalls was helping the customers find what they want.
Pros
10% clothing discount, great coworkers, close to home, some good managers
Cons
6am shifts, little communications between manegment and lower people, not being able to fully be a retail clerk.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 11, 2015
It is a fun place to work. I find it very better than other retail stores in terms of managements and staff. If you are looking for summer jobs in retail or just to get earn some extra money, I would highly recommend to apply there
Inclusive and fun workplace
Seasonal Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMay 7, 2015
Everyone at Marshalls is surprisingly upbeat and friendly. Very supportive management team who really cares about their employees.
Not a good place to work if you are looking for a slow pace job
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 18, 2015
You learn a lot of things and its easy to get along with your manager and the fellow employees. A fast passé working store, lots of hands on. You get send to others stores to learn the ways that things are done there compared to yours.
Pros
hours
Zone I Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 22, 2014
more career advancement and great people and the management as well.
Co workers are positive and fun, Fast paced and always new and exciting.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 24, 2015
I have always enjoyed going to work and seeing my fellow coworkers. Management has not been forthcoming and trustworth with employees. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is and not purchasing everything in the store.
Cons
no hours
not happy workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCApril 18, 2015
Short staffed
So can't complete assigned tasks
leave feeling exhausted , under trained
very few hours for minimum wage
not much chance for advancement
Cons
not enough hours
Great Prices and Service
Administrative duties (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 12, 2015
The most important thing to know is that marshalls has many brand names and great prices. The customer service is great and management is always there to help
Merchandise Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2013
I have learned a lot about leadership in the past few years. I have been able to train new associates and prepare for two grand openings within the company. I have been able to work closely with new associates and expand their knowledge about standards in order for them to earn a promotion within the company. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how fast associates learn just by being a great leader and setting a positive attitude.
Pros
happy and friendly environment
great people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  oshawaAugust 25, 2015
Great people to work with, but not enough work hours for part time. Fun outings with the team though and the christmas party was always a good time.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours
Porfessional and work-oriented environment. Fun and productive.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 2, 2015
A day in Marshalls for me is doing "Overs and Unders," which is basically cleaning up racks and store floors. Any mess or hanging clothes around the racks would be cleaned up as fast and efficient as possible. I learned skills associated with this job like teamwork and people skills. I also learnt organization and time-oriented skills to better my job. My coworkers were friendly and of course, would give me tips on what I should or shouldn't do. The hardest part of my work was, balancing my chores and dealing with customers. I had to prioritize customers, then my chores on a short time. But overall, the most enjoyable part of the job was creating new friends outside of school. Getting to know them and helping them at work as well.
na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 8, 2015
Marshall's ,it is a American store . I use to work as a cashier.very neat and clean environment.Management and co- workers are very helpful.Lots of space to grow.