Marshalls Employee Reviews

Marshalls
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2017
the best place to start a career I always recommend youth to try such job as its the best place to form their work ethic. Marshalls has different type of job that covers all kind of talents
associate
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2017
It was my first retail job in Canada. The work loads were hard. but the team workers was very friendly. The only unsatisfied things was the salary was too low to attract the employees to stay longer.
great work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 July 2017
great store
great co-workers
amazing manger

great environment, great place to be at.

overall this place will be a great and cool to work at and wish to live this experience
Pros
everything is good about this store
Cons
greasy and loud kids
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NS29 July 2017
I having nothing but great things to say about working for TJX Canada.
I was able to be apart of building this store, and setting it up for the Grand Opening in 2014.
The coworkers are amazing, and so are the management. They are compassionate and care about you. The only reason I left is because, I wasn't getting enough hours to support myself, living on my own. Other than that, it was a completely enjoyable place to be, and an amazing company to work for!
Productive, fast pace workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2017
A Marshalls Homesense shift would begin with unloading many skids of merchandise and organizing it into bins. Later, the merchandise would be placed on the store floor and be made presentable. The management is very unprofessional. Problems in the workplace were not handle professionally.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Unprofessional management
Productive and very fun work environment.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
I enjoy working at Marshalls, especially when you're working in the warehouse receiving shipments. I just love these "amazing finds" that show up, like something you'd never expect to be at Marshalls/Winners.
Open and encouraging workplace, lots of positive feedback
cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
A typical day at work was greeting managers and co-workers in the break room, most of us had very well relations with each other. It would then go to clocking in and checking in with a manager to see what todays goals were and then going about to complete them. I learnt a large amount of customer service skills wether it was helping someone find a certain item or if it was dealing with an upset customer. Management was excellent my managers were always happy to help or teach when needed.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Few hours
best place to start a career in retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC15 June 2017
I have worked in Marshalls and this is where I got a chance to show my skills in the warehouse, cashier and the sales floor. Good opportunity to learn how to multitask in a work environment.
Marshals
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 June 2017
A typical day at Marshals consists of greeting customers with a friendly smile, and making them feel comfortable shopping at our location. At Marshals being organized and keeping your work area clean is also something you are required to do. Since working at marshals my customer service skills have greatly improved, I find it is not difficult talking to customers and also I am very comfortable creating conversation with customers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Great workplace but no further advancement
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2017
It is a great workplace and I work with great people and I do enjoy my co-workers, they are a ton of fun! We are always doing something fun and work. However, it is very hard to move further up in the company and they give you tons of work for such little money. A lot is expected of you for such a low paying job. I also don't like how you are on your feet for long hours and do not even get one full hour off the floor.
Seasonal Worker
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 June 2017
Working as a seasonal associate was good, it did not entail many hours and I got retail experience. I did not work there for long but the job was good for high school.
Awesome atmostfear
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 May 2017
Loved working with such and amazing group of people always willing to lend a hand. Consistently had regular costumers and enjoyed greeting them and helping them by answering any question they might have had
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Little, no opportunity for advancement
Not the greatest place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
management aren't flexible when it comes to scheduling your hours, the floor is constantly understaffed and theres too many tasks to be completed for too little people, everyone is constantly strained, overall not the best place to work. the only perk was that there was always hours available since they were understaffed.
Groodworkplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 May 2017
The people I work with make the job much better.
Management should be more organized.
Learned a lot with the proper training from customer service to maintaining a clean workplace.
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
successfully handled large quantity of money transactions and also refunded items. Excellent customer services. Helped out in training co-workers at cash register.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
great work place with lots of nice people
Washer labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 May 2017
a typical day would be taking out all the garbage to the dumpsters and cleaning the fueling station. Then we would go into the warehouse to wash customers truck and trailers.
Productive and a good-paced work environment with friendly workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 May 2017
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning up messy areas around the store, stocking inventory and helping customers. Workplace culture was very team-oriented, and inclusive, yet productive. Management was very flexible with working around your personal schedule and booking time off. Hardest part of the jobs dealing with difficult customers, and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with great staff members, and the positive environment of the job.
Pros
Very accommodating to your schedule, very team-oriented workplace.
Cons
Standing on your feet for too long.
Great place for part time work.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 May 2017
Intense retail environment. Opportunity to grow customer service skills as well as merchandizing skills. Friendly environment with career paths available.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Extensive retail environment.
the compagny is not bad
Assistant manager in the warehouse (Former Employee) –  edmonton4 May 2017
some racism in the store
there is no respect when you are different
the management do not pay attention to the people
there is no ethic in the work place
It's fun loving work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South common17 April 2017
I learned a lot while working there .i just leave that job becouse my son was too small he is 2 year old and I am looking for good job with good salary .
Pros
Free lunch on any occasion
Cons
Low salary