Marshalls Employee Reviews

Dull environment
Assist shoppers (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2016
Very unfriendly environment and rude employees.
Do not match up to availability and are not willing to change it either.
A day in the life of
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
on a daily basis i stocked products from the backroom to the sales floor. I also showed great customer survives.
I worked well with my co-workers
Pros
helping people
Cons
don't have any
I enjoyed working at Marshall's
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 January 2016
serving customers
I learned alot about people
The management was very nice, I got along with my co-workers very well and we had fun together while doing our work.
Keeping a good attitude when customers would deliberately make a mess of the clothes
The people were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
I loved my job
Cons
would like to have worked more in different departments
productive and fun place to work at very friendly staff
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 December 2015
Fun workplace with supportive managment. learned and gained many new skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Pros
free snacks
Marshalls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2015
The store is okay at 808 Warden Ave and the people that work there aren't slackers so you have to be ready to give it your all and have to be well versed on everything.
productive fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 November 2015
fun work place with supportive management and a great team!
The managers are understanding about time off and flexible with availability.
Not the best job but it got me by
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2015
I've worked for this company for about 8 years.Its not the best company but it puts money in the bank. Can grow in the company if you want
Friendly and Progressive Work Group
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2015
I have developed new social skills as well as hands on skills such as working as a cashier, assisting customers over the phone and in person. I really enjoyed working with all of my co-workers as everyone was very helpful and friendly. Overall a good working experience.
Pros
Friendly Environement
Cons
Not my preferred working field
great people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  oshawa25 August 2015
Great people to work with, but not enough work hours for part time. Fun outings with the team though and the christmas party was always a good time.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace and multicultural
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2015
A typical day at work would be helping customers enjoy their shopping experience, handling complaints and cleaning and preparing store for business operations.
Management have open door policy which allows employees have their talk regarding any issues or concerns at stake.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers choose the right outfits and accessories for specific events.
Pros
Discount shopping card
Cons
long hours in winter
Fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 June 2015
I overall enjoyed working at Marshalls.

I was in charge of the shoes department.

A typical day would consist of me:
- Update and arrange inventory as needed.
- Assist customers if they had any questions/concerns of me.
- Process and help with returns at the front of store.

Overall I would say that the job greatly helped me learn how to be part of a team and taught me that working as part of one can really give a sense of family at work which can make your workplace a lot more fun and enjoyable.

I got along very well with two of my three managers
Most people at my work didn't like the head manager because she was always first to criticize everyone and didn't ever take people's feelings into consideration. I accepted her for the way she was and tried my best to not take things personally.

I got along very well with my coworkers and even made a few friends. We all knew each other by name and it was a pleasure working there everyday.

The hardest part of the job were sale days. It was ridiculously busy which made it hard to get a lot done with people constantly needing my help and the workload was multiplied on those days so it was definitely a challenge to be able to find time to get everything done.

My favorite part of working there was again, my coworkers.
We all got along very well and it made it worth going in 4 or 5 times a week just to talk with them and put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Employee Discount, Fun & Friendly Atmosphere, Free Lunch (Sometimes)
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Great Prices and Service
Administrative duties (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 May 2015
The most important thing to know is that marshalls has many brand names and great prices. The customer service is great and management is always there to help
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 May 2015
It is a fun place to work. I find it very better than other retail stores in terms of managements and staff. If you are looking for summer jobs in retail or just to get earn some extra money, I would highly recommend to apply there
Inclusive and fun workplace
Seasonal Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON7 May 2015
Everyone at Marshalls is surprisingly upbeat and friendly. Very supportive management team who really cares about their employees.
Flexible schedule
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West, ON27 April 2015
Marshalls has a very flexible hours and the managers are always willing to work with my schedule. The family culture makes the working environment very enjoyable. During these turbulent economic times this has been a very stable job.
Great environment to work in
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2015
Every day was different. Some days longer than others but enjoyable.
My best experience at Marshalls was working during the Christmas holidays and it was busy which kept me going all through my shift.
I got to interact with different customers, and ensured their shopping experience was good.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No time off if really sick
not happy workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 April 2015
Short staffed
So can't complete assigned tasks
leave feeling exhausted , under trained
very few hours for minimum wage
not much chance for advancement
Cons
not enough hours
Feels like home!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 April 2015
I have been working there for a while and have become a member of the family and no matter what I need I can always feel comfortable talking to one of the managers.
The worst.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 March 2015
Worked at Marshalls Burlington.
Typical day at work consisted of one person in each section. A lot of the time you didn't have any help doing anything and you got called away to be on cash a lot.
Management didn't seem to do to much until the end of my time there. I almost never saw them helping out on the floor with the exception of a couple people.
Terrible hours, you cannot get a consistent schedule. Playing favourites, still book you on requested days off. You can work 9-5 one day then not get booked again for 3 days and them it's just a 4 hour shift.
Hardest part of the job was never being able to get anything done because it was so understaffed but I guess that was kind of head offices fault in not giving enough hours for the store to use to properly staff the store. Customers complained that there were never many employees on the floor to help them, or not enough cashiers to make the line move quicker.
No raises unless you specifically ask for them, not really any incentive programs.
Loved most of the people I worked with but I would not go back.
Pros
Getting to help customers.
Cons
Disorganized
Not a good place to work if you are looking for a slow pace job
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 March 2015
You learn a lot of things and its easy to get along with your manager and the fellow employees. A fast passé working store, lots of hands on. You get send to others stores to learn the ways that things are done there compared to yours.
Pros
hours