Marshalls Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Inclusive and fun workplace
Seasonal Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMay 7, 2015
Everyone at Marshalls is surprisingly upbeat and friendly. Very supportive management team who really cares about their employees.
Flexible schedule
Customer Service (Current Employee), West, ONApril 27, 2015
Marshalls has a very flexible hours and the managers are always willing to work with my schedule. The family culture makes the working environment very enjoyable. During these turbulent economic times this has been a very stable job.
Great environment to work in
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: No time off if really sick
Every day was different. Some days longer than others but enjoyable.
My best experience at Marshalls was working during the Christmas holidays and it was busy which kept me going all through my shift.
I got to interact with different customers, and ensured their shopping experience was good.
not happy workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCApril 18, 2015
Short staffed
So can't complete assigned tasks
leave feeling exhausted , under trained
very few hours for minimum wage
not much chance for advancement
Feels like home!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 4, 2015
I have been working there for a while and have become a member of the family and no matter what I need I can always feel comfortable talking to one of the managers.
The worst.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Getting to help customers.
Cons: Disorganized
Worked at Marshalls Burlington.
Typical day at work consisted of one person in each section. A lot of the time you didn't have any help doing anything and you got called away to be on cash a lot.
Management didn't seem to do to much until the end of my time there. I almost never saw them helping out on the floor with the exception of a couple people.
Terrible hours, you cannot get a consistent schedule. Playing favourites, still book you on requested days off. You can work 9-5 one day then not get booked again for 3 days and them it's just a 4 hour shift.
Hardest part of the job was never being able to get anything done because it was so understaffed but I guess that was kind of head offices fault in not giving enough hours for the store to use to properly staff the store. Customers complained that there were never many employees on the floor to help them, or not enough cashiers to make the line move quicker.
No raises unless you specifically ask for them, not really any incentive programs.
Loved most of the people I worked with but I would not go back.
Not a good place to work if you are looking for a slow pace job
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: long hours
You learn a lot of things and its easy to get along with your manager and the fellow employees. A fast passé working store, lots of hands on. You get send to others stores to learn the ways that things are done there compared to yours.
na
Cashier (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 8, 2015
Marshall's ,it is a American store . I use to work as a cashier.very neat and clean environment.Management and co- workers are very helpful.Lots of space to grow.
Comfortable work
Customer Service (Former Employee), mississaugaMarch 3, 2015
My part time job. Best part about this job was, I got to meet new people everyday. Got to see all the new merchandise and process them. All the co-workers were very easy to work with.
Porfessional and work-oriented environment. Fun and productive.
Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 2, 2015
A day in Marshalls for me is doing "Overs and Unders," which is basically cleaning up racks and store floors. Any mess or hanging clothes around the racks would be cleaned up as fast and efficient as possible. I learned skills associated with this job like teamwork and people skills. I also learnt organization and time-oriented skills to better my job. My coworkers were friendly and of course, would give me tips on what I should or shouldn't do. The hardest part of my work was, balancing my chores and dealing with customers. I had to prioritize customers, then my chores on a short time. But overall, the most enjoyable part of the job was creating new friends outside of school. Getting to know them and helping them at work as well.
Co workers are positive and fun, Fast paced and always new and exciting.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: no hours
I have always enjoyed going to work and seeing my fellow coworkers. Management has not been forthcoming and trustworth with employees. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is and not purchasing everything in the store.
Productive and fun place to work in.
Works as a Front desk cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 18, 2015
enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers and solving their problems so as to make them satisfied for rest of the day.
Productive and positive
Marshall's sales associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, nice merhandise, easy tasks
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day includes me either working as a cashier or on the sales floor. I enjoy both and don't have any negative things to say. I've developed better communication skills and learned how to provide good costumer service,how to deal with conflicts,working under pressure, how to keep the sales floor clean and organized etc.
Great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ONJanuary 9, 2015
I loved working with Marshalls but had difficulties getting to work.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: not enough hours
- Clock in, figure out your task for the day, work, clock out
- Customer service
- friendly co-workers
- Cleaning
- Team work, good environment, customers
FUN WORKPLACE
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Regina, SKOctober 9, 2014
I DO LOVE WORKING AT MARSHALLS BUT LOW RATE.LOVE TO WORK WITH TEAMMATES.
Fun workplace. Low wage.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: many social events, flexible schedule, easy tasks, helpful management.
Cons: low wage, shifts very depending on sales
Great place to work at for your first job. Management is very helpful and understanding. Very easy to give away your shifts to others if an emergency occurs. Many social events. Some customers can be very difficult to handle but you will always have a manager deal with it. The only thing that sucks is my wage. They have many incentive programs which offer $ for catching thieves or individuals up to no good.
Busy yet fun atmosphere to work in
Cashier, Fitting Room Clerk, Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: working with such great people
A typical day at work was, looking at the schedule and seeing what zone I would be in for my shift. Zones would include Cashier, Fitting Rooms, Shoes, Men's, Women's, Kids and Home sections. I've learned a lot working there and working in such a fun and busy atmosphere makes it enjoyable going to work.
Zone I Coordinator (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 22, 2014
more career advancement and great people and the management as well.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working at marshalls, it was fun and i loved my coworkers. it was a positive fun upbeat environment, hardest part was keeping customers happy and most enjoyable was break!