Marshalls
1,151 reviews

Marshalls Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FUN RETAIILSTORE ENVIRONMENT
FRONTLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: free lunches, hot chocolate, timmies, starbucks, cake, fruit, games, activities
Cons: no cons to report
WORKING AT THE STORE FOR JUST OVER A YEAR HAS BEEN A FUN RIDE. SOME GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD EXPERIENCES HAVE MADE THE YEAR A VERY FULL EXPERIENCE.
The job was easy going
Merchandise associate/Cashier/beginning10/12 (Former Employee), Pearland, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: very low pay
Management was very poor. They didn't come when needed. A typical day at work wassame thing every day. co-workers were about all that was ok.No had part of job. The most enjoyable was the work you needed to get done if you were over a certain department.
Good people
Stock room staff (Former Employee), South TampaOctober 17, 2014
People were very friendly and worked hard.
People were care each other and help.
It was better store than I thought.
laid Back environment
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2014
first retail company I worked in. the experience was awesome learned hot to do inventory.
Lively enviroment
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee), Avondale, AZOctober 13, 2014
This job keeps you on your feet and it gives employers great experience dealing with customers
cool job low pay
Loss Prevention (Current Employee), St Peters, MoOctober 12, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: low pay
Cool job for a college student or retired person. I like working for this company, but it"s part time position no benefits and does not pay much money.
Productive and enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: low pay
-always moving, seldom ever a slow day
-basic cashier skills
-the customer is always right
-friendly, hard working co-workers
busy
Sales Associate/ Team Member (Former Employee), new york, nyOctober 11, 2014
marshalls is a very busy place and there is always something to do. it can get overcrowded to where it can get a little reckless.
Fun Atmosphere
Sales Floor/Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: comfortable attire
Cons: hanging and folding
I enjoyed everyone I worked with. Enjoy the customers and also helping them select items.
No complaints, go in and do my job and interact with my co workers
Cashier/Retail Sales Associate/Receiving (Current Employee), Inwood, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: a lot of events to make the workers happy
Cons: misunderstanding between the managers sometimes
ive been here for about 18 months in the beginning it was a lot of fun. the managers always gave me compliments and acknowledged me. as time went on the whole team shifted. we got a new store manager and the job isnt as fun as when i first started working there
Work very well with picking up calls, computer work, and customer service
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee), Salem, NHOctober 9, 2014
A day at work for me is making sure customers find what they were looking for, or making calls for customers to see if we can find what they are looking for in another location. Also picking up any phone calls that come into the store while helping out a customer in the store.
Very Professional
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 8, 2014
The staff at Woodlands was very professional at all times, It was as though we had taken on new family members once we received a new patient(s).
THIS JOB IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK . IF U WANT TO WORK FROM THE BOTTOM UP THEN THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU
Coordinator (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: nothing
THIS JOB IS GREAT FOR MANY RESONS . ONE BEINGYOU LEARN SO MUCH . AND CROSS TRAIN WHICH COMES IN HANDY
Typical Retail.
Cashier Associate (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVOctober 7, 2014
This job is typical retail life, you're busy and that's that.
nice place to work
Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Bridgewater, VAOctober 7, 2014
Cons: pay is not good
co-workers were nice and friendly,good hours,vaction pay,birthday off
It was alright. Kept me busy.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Indio, CAOctober 4, 2014
A typical day working here consisted of me cleaning up the sales floor and putting clothing back on the racks from the fitting room. I learned that you really can't be shy in the sales industry.
Nice people and good managers
Markdown/Store Associate (Current Employee), Turnersville, NJOctober 3, 2014
Pros: occasional parties, nice and understanding managers, friendly coworkers
Cons: standing for a lot of hours constantly and not being allowed to sit unless on break
The reason I was hired was for markdowns, which is a 7am-12pm shift most days. Some days I get 7am-3pm and it's not too bad. The managers are nice and willing to help and possibly re-schedule you if something comes up. My coworkers are generally nice people. The work load for a markdown associate isn't too much. It's scan, put a sticker on what is marked – more... down, and put that item in clearance. Not hard really. I also do a lot of other things, for example cashier work which is fun, hanging and censoring clothes, fitting room, and working the floor. The worst part is standing for 5-8 hours at times with two 15 minute breaks and one 45 minute break, but that's only if you work 6+ hours. if you work less than 6 you just get one 15 minute break, and that's not too bad, your feet just hurt after a lot of standing, even in the fitting room.

But other than that it's a pretty good place to work. I don't know about the benefits due to only being part time but I like it so far. However, I just don't want to work in retail that much anymore, so I am looking for another job that will possibly have me full time with a smaller amount of standing. – less
Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLOctober 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers and meeting different people.
Cons: the little hours and the wages
I love the people work with the job isn't that stressful but the pay is not enough to really live off of the hardest part is dealing with difficult customers but its easy for me to stay calm and be understanding.
LOVE MARSHALLS
customer service (Former Employee), Newburyport, MAOctober 1, 2014
9 years of my life spent here but you can only work in retail for so long
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: no healthcare
Typical sales-work duties. I leaned to organize and work together with co workers. Management is management. Co-workers are friendly. Most difficult part of the job would be nothing for me. Most enjoyable part would be interacting with fellow co-workers and customers.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates¬†about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos