Marshalls

Marshalls Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Arroyo Grande, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: getting to meet new people
Cons: not enough hours per week
Greeting customers and meeting new friends . Learned how to multi task stocking and cashiering . Management and co-workers where helpful in all situations that came about. Hardest part of the job was leaving ,I enjoyed working at Marshalls but , got more hours at CNB's .
Quality items for reseasonable prices
Customer Service (Current Employee), CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: management is flexible with school schedule
Cons: healthcare
Great place to work while attending school. A typical day consist of multi-tasking various tasks. It is face-paced and customer satisfaction is priority.
it was a fun place to work meet alot of people who where nice to all
hang sorter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free food once a year. christmas party raffle gifs
Cons: 3 breaks and good heath care lots of days off with out pay
work was good manager help us on anything we needed was honest. made a lot of friends i learn many things i never knew how to do
Great environment to work in
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 16, 2014
I enjoyed getting the customer service scores each week to see how much the store improved. I trained all associates on the register, did cash pulls, counted the registers, sold store cards, greeted each customer, made sure each customer was helped to the best of my ability.
Productive and quick paced workplace
Key Carrier, Men's and Children's Coordinator (Current Employee), Lombard, ILApril 16, 2014
Overall I enjoy my time spent working for Marshalls. I have learned a lot and there is much more to learn outside of Marshalls as well. I started from the bottom in the fitting room and am currently a key carrier with managerial responsibilities. I enjoy my co-workers and without them I don't know if I would have made it some days. This job has also – more... taught me a lot about different types of people there are in this world. – less
laid back
Stock Associate (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 15, 2014
I learned about retail, the typical overnight at work is really laid back and quiet, the management there is fair, the hardest part of the job to me is nothing, the most enjoyable part of this job is when they teach me something new
Cashier (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJApril 13, 2014
Pros: always giving catered lunches or bbq's for employees
Cons: favoritsm between some managers/employees
Re: marshalls 742 is a great place for a high school kid, or a second job for someone.
Management was good with working out a good schedule for you and were very very generous with providing holiday, birthday and summertime themed lunches!!! They do care about their employees.

However, they only offer a few fulltime positions, the rest are p/t. there – more... is a lot of favoritism between some managers and workers and it is seen but most of the time not addressed. – less
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2014
it was good place to work at, sometimes the managers didn't like you so they cut your hours
Was a good family oriented business to work for.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Covington, OHApril 9, 2014
Good family business to work at very down to earth easy going very clean workplace.
productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), west covinaApril 9, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: opertunity to move up within the company wasn't avaliable.
working for the TjX company was a great management expirence, being able to be apart of a great group of individuals who took pride in customer service made it a fun experience.
Enjoyable workplace
Markdown Associate/ Fitting Room (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 8, 2014
Pros: great workplace
This job was very fun to me, working with many people who strive for greatness is what I enjoyed the most. The customers were always happy to come to the store because we gave them great customer service.
Excellent place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work I would have to maintain the shelves to be stocked and organized.
I also learned that I had to keep my eyes open for shop lifters.
But the co-workers was very pleasant to work with.They would always come up to me and ask if I need help with anything.
The most part I enjoy about Marshalls would be helping out the customers.
extremely friendly work place, very cooperative staff, flexible schedule, productive work environment, positive vibes
sales associate (Former Employee), Salinas, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, managers compromise if you go to school, welcoming environment, great staff.
Cons: hours can be unpredictable.
a typical day at Marshalls consisted of recovering a designated department, providing customer service, and cooperating with co-workers and managers to maintain department standards. from working in this job i got first hand retail experience and found the significance of customer service. management was extremely welcoming, goal oriented, and helpful. – more... my co-workers were overall great fun people and make the Marshalls staff what it is. There is no difficulties with this job, if you are a efficient employee and use your common sense. the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with both the customers and the Marshalls team. – less
sucks
Operations - assistant store manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 7, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: idiot management
new management is target people upper management with sporting goods experience not letting individual stores do their thing,
Productive work place to start fresh
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 7, 2014
Great stepping stone position for someone getting back into the work force.
productive working place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: short breaks
typical day at the job is assisting customers . I have learnt that the customers are always right. management is always there to assist when necessary, co workers helpful . hardest part of the job is closing and restocking. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting 10% off whatever I buy.
Great company/ extensive management learning tools available
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2014
Pros: very professional
Cons: overnight shift
Great management programs to supplement experience and education
Dealing with so many different people on a daily basis.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work scehdule
Cons: only management is full time
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and meeting so many different people. The great sense of accomplishment when the area I'm responsible for looks great, and all items are displayed correctly, all the shelves are organized.
My typical work day could start at 430am or 5pm. I could be responsible for muliple areas in the store. I could be unloading – more... a truck of new merchandise or marking down items that have been on the shelves to long.
The hardest part of my job getting up at 430 in the morning, and working exetremly hard to only get 20 hours a week, and no chance to get anymore due to company policy. – less
Customer Services
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 5, 2014
Started working as cashier was move up to customer services. Then became customer services supervisor. I help out on sales floor when they where short hand.
Sales accosiate s
Customer Service sales associate Fitting Room (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2014
I greet customers, make sure they don't have no more then 10 items I love working

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates¬†about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more