Marshalls
1,253 reviews

Marshalls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FUN RETAIILSTORE ENVIRONMENT
FRONTLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: free lunches, hot chocolate, timmies, starbucks, cake, fruit, games, activities
Cons: no cons to report
WORKING AT THE STORE FOR JUST OVER A YEAR HAS BEEN A FUN RIDE. SOME GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD EXPERIENCES HAVE MADE THE YEAR A VERY FULL EXPERIENCE.
It is a fast pace Company to work for. But has its rewards as well,like rewards for the best dept with the greatest imcreases
Manager of Merchandising (Current Employee), Montrose, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: its always fun to get food and drinks for our associates
Cons: benefits are very limited to part-time associates.
This Company is very diverse and fun to work for. It is very associate oriented. Quiet a great place to work for. , Its a steady pace all day ,due to the fact its a discount store with great brand
names and products. Co-workers are always ready to help when needed. Customer Service is a must and have quiet a bit of regular
Customers.
The hardest part is when we fall behind in getting out our merchandise, but once its out , we reap the rewards with great sales and Customer Satisfaction
sales representative
Cashier (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Good place to start working and get basic knowledge. Nice and posiitive environment.
I love fashion so it was fun working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fashion
Cons: stocking merchandise
I stocked and put prices on the merchandise at Marshalls. I enjoyed working there because I love fashion. I had a chance to help customers find their right style and be comfortable at the same time. It made them happy me too.
amazing place to work
sales associate (Current Employee), Albany, ORJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: awesome co-workers and management
Cons: short hours, low pay
i love working here i work in the fitting room and on the markdown team when i can. im looking for another job because of low hours and low pay. im not able to pay my rent. i really dont wish to leave marshalls though.
review
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 22, 2015
it was a nice job for college and high school students. I enjoyed the environment but the supervisors could of been more outgoing and interactive .
hard working people
Cashier/Store Organizer (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I loved working at marshalls. I learned a lot. marshalls was my first real job. everyone treated me like I was family and that was the best part. a work day for me is fast moving. I didn't like to work on one thing all day if I knew I could get in done in an hour I would do it. I liked to help everyone I wouldn't say no to anyone that asked for my help. the best part about working is when a customer comes in and ask for you help and you help them find anything that they need.
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work was ringing merchandise for customers, helping customers locate merchandise that they want to purchase.
Fun and enjoyable place to work. Great place to learn awesome customer service skills.
Dressing Room Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Greeting customers as soon as store opens. Learned how to be more patient in certain situations and more independent. Too many changes in management over time. Co-workers are great and wonderful especially making one feel welcomed as a new comer and very willing to teach. No management when needed or being ignored sometimes not having enough people. Dealing with the customers seeing that look of satisfaction on their face once you've helped them with a great selection.
Wonderful place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE Customer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great people to with
Hours are great ,sufficient breaks and lunch hours and ,co workers are just like family, Management really care about the employees. I really enjoy working here.
Unproductive and too demanding
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: unproductive, too demanding, never received a raise.
I would say this was the worse employer that I've ever worked for, simply because the environment was too demanding. From the managers, supervisors and the customers. Every few minutes of the day, me and the rest of my coworkers were always doing extraneous things that were unnecessary. The customers were messy, sloppy and careless. None of them would clean up after themselves and put the shoes back in the rack. At the end of our shifts and the store is closed, the managers and supervisors would have us sweeping, mopping and cleaning the bathrooms which wasn't in any of our job descriptions. And on top of that, no one received raises.
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 20, 2015
great place to work, fun and great people.........people there are really nice
good company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Countryside, ILJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: 10% discount for employees
Cons: slow season jan, feb, march. no payroll, lots of cutbacks
good company to work for , enjoy being with the employees every day. retail is up and down on a daily basis. one day crazy busy then the next dead. learning how to deal with managers coping with the store climate control. waiting on the public is a great experience.
Every day is a little different
Supervisor (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, discounts, and great connections
Cons: minimal pay, numerous duties
It has been a real learning experience working in retail. I have learned to practice more patience. I have also seen some practices of shoppers that one would never think of carrying out. There is room for a lot of opportunities at Marshalls, as far as all staff, managers and coordinators getting on the same page. I have had a great deal of positive experiences and I am ready to move on to the next big project.
A very busy store that keeps us pushing everyday.
Coordinator/Associate (Current Employee), lloyd centerJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at Marshall is like every other day, there is always something that keeps you on your toes through out your day at work. I have learned so much more that I thought since I started working here at Marshall. The most enjoyable part of my job is being cross-train so that why I can work at different departments.
Awesome employees, never a dull moment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Highland, IndianaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: low pay, not many hours
I absolutely loved working for Marshalls! My managers and coworkers always made me feel extremely welcomed! I do wish the pay and hours were a little better, but I would definitely recommend anyone to work for this company!
Fast pace going, customer service experience
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches, meetings, holiday dinner
Cons: little pay, no benefits, or enough hours given
Going in opening shift, make sure all the registers are up and running with proper materials. Learned to stay organized, very precise with each items and clothing piece.Management was very attentive with each employee and acknowledgeable. My co-workers were team players at all time. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the time. My most enjoyable day of my day was being around the customers and team.
This is a good place to work if you like working under pressure.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: marshalls buys lunch a lot.
Cons: some of the staff was hard to communicate with.
A typical day at this position is very demanding. You start by making sure that all of the registers are stocked and all of the staffs breaks are scheduled, assigned all of the registers to the staff coming in for the day, make sure all of the tills are filled and accounted for, hold the morning meeting about the daily numbers and make sure that all of the associates know what the company needs from them that day or what is needed to change throughout the staff. Throughout the day make sure all of the customer service issues are attended to and that the customer is happy with the out come of the situation. Make sure that the returned product is put back out onto the floor and the appropriate departments know about the merchandise at the service desk. Mark down or mark out product that is damaged then dispose of the product properly.
This is a good place to work if you like working under pressure.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: marshalls buys lunch a lot.
Cons: some of the staff was hard to communicate with.
Great People
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great people, always had food
Cons: parking
Management was great to be around and my emplyees was a fun time as well! Always made me happy to come to work!

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates¬†about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos