Marshalls Employee Reviews

A Company I Love
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2017
I have worked as an associate at Marshalls in London, ON for 8 months now. I am so lucky to be a part of such a fantastic team. The managers are highly motivating, they help to ensure you are successful in any and every role.
Sales associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2017
Great place to work the energy is really great and easy going
you have fun and if the management is great your experience will be great as well
Excellent environment, understanding and cooperative staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Marshalls had an excellent work environment, with cooperative and supportive associates and an understanding managerial staff. A typical work day involved serving customers at the check-out, fixing mismatched merchandise, finding correct price tags for items, and cleaning at the end of the shift. Depending on the customer being served, it could either be the hardest or most enjoyable part of the job. Marshalls greatly helped to reinforce values of teamwork and cooperation.
good place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
good place to work and interact with customers and being able to help them not just to help them find what they are looking for but to also help load their cars
Great people to work with, simple work, fast pace enviroment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 February 2017
Marshalls is a good place to work.They pay biweekly and the pay is above minimum wage The people who I work with are amazing and make going to work enjoyable. The management are a team of people who listen and work with individuals as a team. TJX Canada also makes sure their employees are properly educated on workplace safety, procedures, etc. Marshalls regularly has something called "Joy Parties" which are usually theme based and are a little thank you from the company to the employees for hard work.
Pros
10% employee discount
Cons
Hours fluxuate
marshalls
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  mcdonough GA2 February 2017
great starting job for students and hard working individuals looking for a second job. They did a wonderful job with working with my school schedule and helped build my knowledge in customer service
Great People and atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 January 2017
The people here are amazing and very friendly. There is many different places you can work in the store so you never get bored. They are also very understanding of your schedule
Great learning atmosphere
Front Line Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 January 2017
Personally I found it to be a great place for growth and learning. The management is pretty much open to any concerns and questions you have. They take care of any requests professionally if you have. All in all, perfect working atmosphere.
Teamwork
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC12 January 2017
By working for a while now my experience towards my team and management is very grateful and I am very proud of having such great team who I like to work with and to be honest, I have learned a lot by working in this company, the managers are very friendly and very appropriate, and there is no hardest part in this job. the most enjoyable part of this job is when your managers are proud of you, what you have done.The one thing that i don't like about that if you want to get promotion, don't expect that...i wanted to be promoted and i waited and worked for it and they didn't promoted me.
overall good place to work
Sales Floor (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 January 2017
Marshalls is a fun place to work, they have good staff and the hours aren't bad either. the store is run well and stays rather tidy giving a nice clean work space
work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 December 2016
it is fun to work here, its like a second family. associate management are nice, cooperative. you will get appreciation if you did good. i love to work here. but i am part timer. looking for full time permanent job.
Fun Workplace
Temporary - sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 November 2016
I would either be Cash handling or doing Store and Display setup. I have Good communication skills with staff and customers.
A positive work environment with people who are motivated to work.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2016
Management team is remarkable, how they manage the store, treat co workers and customers are perfect. Very impressed by how they manage the store typically, an organized team who you can depend on with out a doubt.

What I have learned by working with them is that team work is very important to run a successful business, without any team work you are left with complaints, a messy store, so its very important to be sure who is hired because it can take one irresponsible person to mess up the whole routine. So must always do your duty and keep managers up to date about anything in the store or in personal life that may affect your work habit.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who treated others as if they were like family. Second was dealing with customers, enjoying a simple conversation and lots of laughs.

Marshall's at Edmonton South Common was a wonderful experience and I would go back again.
Pros
occasional free lunches/ snacks, positive atmosphere
Best place for management and store operations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2016
I enjoyed work for them they were accepting of the times I needed to take care of when I lost a babysitter and had many days I called in because of this. Training was excellent. Happy and easy going management, still strict enough to get the job done. Moral that was the best I have ever seen in any retail store I have ever worked for. Unfortunately I was fired for absences I had no babysitter at the time when my son had a chronic illness.
Pros
Bought lunch and incentive programs
Cons
Erratic schedule
Not a worthy place to stay
Part-time Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 October 2016
Really poor management and bad efficiency.

The worst thing was, I remember the first day when I was in an orientation, the manager told us if we find a better place to go they would like to give us a good reference. AND IT TOTALLY WAS A LIE. They are not willing to give my new company a review except the date I worked there.

To be honest, the only reason I stayed in Marshalls for so long was my colleagues.
Pros
awsome team members
Cons
low salary, poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2016
Working in Marshalls--I've learned to manage my time and improve on my customer service skills. It is an overall stressful environment however, throughout the years, i've learned to work through it in a much efficient way.
Although the most hardest part of the job is remaining calm during pressure, the company of my co-workers and managers makes it much enjoyable.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Repetitive
Fun place to work. Great atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 October 2016
I had a lot of fun with my workmates. Work was challenging, but worth it in the end. Flexible hours were a big bonus, as I could manage my studies at the same time.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
good place to work with because the management are all fun people.
very clean place as it is a new establishment.
my co-workers are friendly.
Pros
discounts on purchases for associates
Cons
not enough work hours
Productive and fast environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2016
I learnt and delveloped great customer service skills, I would sometimes be the only person working on the sales floor and still managed to keep it clean and help customers find items they were looking for. The managers were great, my co workers are amazing and very hard working people I respect them very much. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers with what they needed. For example I seen a women carrying so many thing is her hands, I grabbed her a cart and she was very appreciative and had told me that I made her day.
Pros
Associate parties
Cons
Janitorial work
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing and talking to different kinds of customer everyday, knowing their stories about whats happening and assisting them and giving great customer service.
Pros
45 mins break
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls. Our community is ready to answer.