Marshalls

Marshalls Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FUN WORKPLACE
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Regina, SKOctober 9, 2014
I DO LOVE WORKING AT MARSHALLS BUT LOW RATE.LOVE TO WORK WITH TEAMMATES.
Fun workplace. Low wage.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: many social events, flexible schedule, easy tasks, helpful management.
Cons: low wage, shifts very depending on sales
Great place to work at for your first job. Management is very helpful and understanding. Very easy to give away your shifts to others if an emergency occurs. Many social events. Some customers can be very difficult to handle but you will always have a manager deal with it. The only thing that sucks is my wage. They have many incentive programs which – more... offer $ for catching thieves or individuals up to no good. – less
Busy yet fun atmosphere to work in
Cashier, Fitting Room Clerk, Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: working with such great people
A typical day at work was, looking at the schedule and seeing what zone I would be in for my shift. Zones would include Cashier, Fitting Rooms, Shoes, Men's, Women's, Kids and Home sections. I've learned a lot working there and working in such a fun and busy atmosphere makes it enjoyable going to work.
Zone I Coordinator (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 22, 2014
more career advancement and great people and the management as well.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working at marshalls, it was fun and i loved my coworkers. it was a positive fun upbeat environment, hardest part was keeping customers happy and most enjoyable was break!
Great place to work,
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: communication
A typical day at work involves engaging with customers, keep the department clean and doing merchandise recovery. I have learned how to be more efficient in multitasking, by having to do recovery, clean and organize all at the same time. The management was great, but due to all the managers leaving, I have to start again and build new relationships – more... with new people. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between managers. They sometimes forget to tell each other things or forget things in general, which can leave employees confused and led in the wrong direction. The most enjoyable part of work are the customers and the staff. It's always great to be able to help someone in even the smallest way and the staff is one beg happy family. – less
A good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioMay 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
I worked as a cashier, as well as on the floor. My responsibilities included helping customers, maintaining store appearance. This was the first job I ever had, so i learned a lot about working with others in a professional environment. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with my co-workers.
Salesmanship
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Part time sales associate.
Learned about sales, pricing, customer service.
Cashier, Cross-Trained in all other departments (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 21, 2014
My typical day at work would be starting off with processing merchandise. That would include receiving the truck, laying out merchandise and then have it processed for sale (hanging clothes, security tagging most items). After all that is done and if I still have time, I would either join the cashiers up front, maintain floor stock, markdown prices, – more... or transfer certain merchandise to the designated WINNERS all over Canada. I have learnt a vast amount of information about the operation of a Retail business. My management are exceptionally professional about their job and my co-workers make me want to come to work even more. I'm the chosen one to do any sort of physical activity within the vicinity. I enjoy my work because of the people that I work with and they keep me going when time gets tough. – less
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 5, 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.
Productive, engaging enviroment
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 11, 2014
Engaging with customers, organizing clothes with proper hangers, size numbs and censors tags.
Learned valuable information about loss prevention, timing standards and delivering excellent customer service 100%. Amazing co-workers and managers. Always welcoming with an open door policy. Most enjoyable part is engaging with the customers, helping them – more... find that perfect item and just being able to make someone’s day with just a smile. – less
Productive and enjoyable work experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day at Marshalls consists of a very busy atmosphere. The location that I am employed at is the first Marshalls location in the Durham Region, which makes it very popular among those living within the GTA. Through the assistance of managers and my workers I have learned various ways to merchandise and how to be a better associate, in order – more... to survive a busy day or to deal with the many kinds of customers I may come into contact with. I have not only polished my abilities to merchandise and sell, but I have polished my communication and problem solving skills at work and outside of work. I come across various kinds of customers which are not always the easiest to deal with but I have learned how to properly assist these customers in a way that leads them to leaving the store content with the services I provided as an associate. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers in areas they may not be familiar with, as well as expressing my own ideas for merchandising. – less
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: awesome events
Cons: hours arent the best
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the tasks I had were fairly straight forward and understandable, it allows for your creative mind to leak through.
Fun workplace, felt like being apart of a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor management, minimum wage
- learned how to work in a warehouse
- every task was timed (ex. putting away 1 rolling rack in 9min.)
- management was very unorganized/ poor communication
- got along with all my coworkers and managers; became friends outside of work
Marshalls - Great team!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2013
I enjoy working at Marshalls! The thing I love most is the fact that the store is new. It is exciting for many of the customers who come in and I enjoy sharing that experience with them.
The staff was friendly and upbeat and we always had a fun time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 7, 2013
Pros: co-workers
While working at Marshalls I worked in many of the different departments. My two main positions were cashier and the shoe department. The best part of the job were the people that I met and befriended. The times we had together made getting through the long shifts easy.
Poor hours
Retail on Floor Salesman (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: retail experience
Cons: hours
great people, good retail experience and opportunities to advance in other areas and make bonuses while working
most enjoyable part of my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: always doing something
Cons: flexible hours
ensured an adequate stock of merchandise, keep a clean and safe environment for customers.always finished daily activities on time love doing my job. very motivated and hard working women.
nice co-workers
Warden Avenue (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2012
i would great customers and help them with there purchase.
my co-workers were very helpful and positive towards me
very fast growing company
Store associate (Former Employee), hwy 427 & queenswayJune 25, 2012
Pros: summer picnics
Cons: closing shifts
i like to work with TJX canada.it is a very fast growing company.i learned so many things while working at MARSHALLS.every one work with team spirit .i will be very happy if i get a chance to work with this again.

1 2 3 4 5

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos