Marshalls Employee Reviews

Productive and fast environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2016
I learnt and delveloped great customer service skills, I would sometimes be the only person working on the sales floor and still managed to keep it clean and help customers find items they were looking for. The managers were great, my co workers are amazing and very hard working people I respect them very much. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers with what they needed. For example I seen a women carrying so many thing is her hands, I grabbed her a cart and she was very appreciative and had told me that I made her day.
Pros
Associate parties
Cons
Janitorial work
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 10, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing and talking to different kinds of customer everyday, knowing their stories about whats happening and assisting them and giving great customer service.
Pros
45 mins break
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 21, 2016
Everyone was so friendly at Marshalls, I really enjoy working with the people that I do. I have learned so much there, not just work wise, but even about myself. I've made tons of new friends. The management was good, they were really flexible with hours and super friendly as well. They were understanding if you needed a sick day or had to go home early as well. Everyone there was super understanding. In retail, customers can be very persistent until they get what they want. The customer is always right, and you always have to go with what they say. I think sometimes having to do that was a little bit difficult for me, but I always found a way to compromise with the customer. You always have to make the customer feel welcome and comfortable, and I love making people feel at home. At marshalls, we strive for friendliness and teamwork. We all work together as a team to get things done.
Pros
Parties and free snacks :)
Cons
Scattered shifts
Really Corrupt management
Customer Service and Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 21, 2016
Really corrupt management at the district level and at the store level. They are not home-growing employees and hire clueless employees from other companies for managers/store-managers. Currently, some of the best employees are leaving due to the corruption. The HR also is corrupt and never solve any reported issues and simply follow what the DM says. The company is living on lying and selfish management and will start to drop down soon if they CEOs/Presidents don't start to take action.
Pros
Benefit plan
Cons
Everything else
professional and team-oriented
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 14, 2016
There are opportunities at this company to work with the public directly as well as doing more background jobs. Their jobs range from part-time to full time and they hire anyone regardless of age, race, etc. I think anyone could work here and it is admirable how oriented Marshalls is to diversity. I would work here again.
Pros
professionalism, attention to detail
Cons
I felt like I was being scrutinized constantly
good place to work. could use more hours
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 2, 2016
Every day is a good experiences, i like working there and i have great co workers. My managers are very understanding and easy going.
Pros
Meeting new people
Productive work place.
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 28, 2016
Marshalls is a great environment to be apart of. I have enjoyed working there and would be sad to leave however the amount of hours each weeks (not even 10 hours) is not working for me when I have things I need to pay for. The managers and co-workers are great.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Not enough hours given. I have things I need to pay for.
Fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONApril 12, 2016
great pleace to work, good discount, would reccomend for students in high school, also a good place to build your career if retail is your choice.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
friendly work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 9, 2016
friendly work place where i got to develop more of my communicational skills because it was very fast paced i got to communicate with people at a faster pas but at the same time help them with their purchases.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
not enough hours for work given
Amazing Place To Work At
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Its a very company good that believe and encourage growth , the Management are caring, emphatic and understanding They appreciate all the employees. I learned a lot.Co-worker are friendly. Its a positive cool and flexible workplace and they sell very good products and clothing brands,
fun working place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2016
face pace, management are awesome, good team work, excellent customer service and awesome people to work with. very friendly environment and there is always a scope to grow in the company. the management are very encouraging and helpful.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 1, 2016
Busy, which made the day go by fast.
Management was great. Other than some snobby customers the job was very enjoyable.
A lot of work parties. Managers wanted everyone to feel like family
productive and great place for a first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
i kept the shoe section spotless
you create social skills with co workers and customers
you build time management skills
and its a great first job
Exploitative work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Exploitative work that is labor-intensive and pays a scrawny minimum wage despite education or experience.

If something is done wrongly you will be verbally abused by inept. barely educated management personnel.
Pros
Discounted merchandise
Cons
Low pay
Dull environment
Assist shoppers (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 10, 2016
Very unfriendly environment and rude employees.
Do not match up to availability and are not willing to change it either.
A day in the life of
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
on a daily basis i stocked products from the backroom to the sales floor. I also showed great customer survives.
I worked well with my co-workers
Pros
helping people
Cons
don't have any
I enjoyed working at Marshall's
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 6, 2016
serving customers
I learned alot about people
The management was very nice, I got along with my co-workers very well and we had fun together while doing our work.
Keeping a good attitude when customers would deliberately make a mess of the clothes
The people were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
I loved my job
Cons
would like to have worked more in different departments
productive and fun place to work at very friendly staff
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONDecember 6, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive managment. learned and gained many new skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Pros
free snacks
Marshalls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
The store is okay at 808 Warden Ave and the people that work there aren't slackers so you have to be ready to give it your all and have to be well versed on everything.
productive fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 29, 2015
fun work place with supportive management and a great team!
The managers are understanding about time off and flexible with availability.