Marshalls

Marshalls Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Place to work, managers are fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 5, 2014
I haven't worked there long but it is an amazing place to work for so far. The store manager is fantastic, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. The staff is friendly, team oriented and fun to work with. An excellent place to work thus far.
Productive, engaging enviroment
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 11, 2014
Engaging with customers, organizing clothes with proper hangers, size numbs and censors tags.
Learned valuable information about loss prevention, timing standards and delivering excellent customer service 100%. Amazing co-workers and managers. Always welcoming with an open door policy. Most enjoyable part is engaging with the customers, helping them – more... find that perfect item and just being able to make someone‚Äôs day with just a smile. – less
Productive and enjoyable work experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day at Marshalls consists of a very busy atmosphere. The location that I am employed at is the first Marshalls location in the Durham Region, which makes it very popular among those living within the GTA. Through the assistance of managers and my workers I have learned various ways to merchandise and how to be a better associate, in order – more... to survive a busy day or to deal with the many kinds of customers I may come into contact with. I have not only polished my abilities to merchandise and sell, but I have polished my communication and problem solving skills at work and outside of work. I come across various kinds of customers which are not always the easiest to deal with but I have learned how to properly assist these customers in a way that leads them to leaving the store content with the services I provided as an associate. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers in areas they may not be familiar with, as well as expressing my own ideas for merchandising. – less
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: awesome events
Cons: hours arent the best
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the tasks I had were fairly straight forward and understandable, it allows for your creative mind to leak through.
Fun workplace, felt like being apart of a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor management, minimum wage
- learned how to work in a warehouse
- every task was timed (ex. putting away 1 rolling rack in 9min.)
- management was very unorganized/ poor communication
- got along with all my coworkers and managers; became friends outside of work
Marshalls - Great team!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2013
I enjoy working at Marshalls! The thing I love most is the fact that the store is new. It is exciting for many of the customers who come in and I enjoy sharing that experience with them.
The staff was friendly and upbeat and we always had a fun time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 7, 2013
Pros: co-workers
While working at Marshalls I worked in many of the different departments. My two main positions were cashier and the shoe department. The best part of the job were the people that I met and befriended. The times we had together made getting through the long shifts easy.
Poor hours
Retail on Floor Salesman (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: retail experience
Cons: hours
great people, good retail experience and opportunities to advance in other areas and make bonuses while working
most enjoyable part of my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: always doing something
Cons: flexible hours
ensured an adequate stock of merchandise, keep a clean and safe environment for customers.always finished daily activities on time love doing my job. very motivated and hard working women.
very fast growing company
Store associate (Former Employee), hwy 427 & queenswayJune 25, 2012
Pros: summer picnics
Cons: closing shifts
i like to work with TJX canada.it is a very fast growing company.i learned so many things while working at MARSHALLS.every one work with team spirit .i will be very happy if i get a chance to work with this again.
FUN RETAIILSTORE ENVIRONMENT
FRONTLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 27, 2012
Pros: free lunches, hot chocolate, timmies, starbucks, cake, fruit, games, activities
Cons: no cons to report
WORKING AT THE STORE FOR JUST OVER A YEAR HAS BEEN A FUN RIDE. SOME GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD EXPERIENCES HAVE MADE THE YEAR A VERY FULL EXPERIENCE.
Okay place for a first job
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee), Latham, NYApril 18, 2014
Pros: clothing
Cons: low pay, crazy hours, difficult managers
Marshalls was my first job, from when I turned 16 to the time I was 20. However, when I started advancing in my position with Marshalls, I was not compensated nearly enough for all the word I was told to do. Raises were minimal, no matter how hard or how much you worked.
A lot of the time, I was work 38 hours a week (even though I was still in school – more... and asked for 20 hours a week), without benefits.
But dealing with customers was fun, and some coworkers were nice to talk to. – less
Working in Retail
Retail Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2014
Pros: constantly moving
Cons: not enough hours
Fast paced with a great deal to learn in a short amount of time. Challenging.
Poor Work Environment
Front End/Cashier (Former Employee), Glenolden, PAApril 18, 2014
you are usually doing several things at one time and being offered many promotions but you will rarely see them. the work you like a slave and they have no true appreciation for their employees.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Arroyo Grande, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: getting to meet new people
Cons: not enough hours per week
Greeting customers and meeting new friends . Learned how to multi task stocking and cashiering . Management and co-workers where helpful in all situations that came about. Hardest part of the job was leaving ,I enjoyed working at Marshalls but , got more hours at CNB's .
Quality items for reseasonable prices
Customer Service (Current Employee), CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: management is flexible with school schedule
Cons: healthcare
Great place to work while attending school. A typical day consist of multi-tasking various tasks. It is face-paced and customer satisfaction is priority.
it was a fun place to work meet alot of people who where nice to all
hang sorter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free food once a year. christmas party raffle gifs
Cons: 3 breaks and good heath care lots of days off with out pay
work was good manager help us on anything we needed was honest. made a lot of friends i learn many things i never knew how to do
Great environment to work in
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 16, 2014
I enjoyed getting the customer service scores each week to see how much the store improved. I trained all associates on the register, did cash pulls, counted the registers, sold store cards, greeted each customer, made sure each customer was helped to the best of my ability.
Productive and quick paced workplace
Key Carrier, Men's and Children's Coordinator (Current Employee), Lombard, ILApril 16, 2014
Overall I enjoy my time spent working for Marshalls. I have learned a lot and there is much more to learn outside of Marshalls as well. I started from the bottom in the fitting room and am currently a key carrier with managerial responsibilities. I enjoy my co-workers and without them I don't know if I would have made it some days. This job has also – more... taught me a lot about different types of people there are in this world. – less
laid back
Stock Associate (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 15, 2014
I learned about retail, the typical overnight at work is really laid back and quiet, the management there is fair, the hardest part of the job to me is nothing, the most enjoyable part of this job is when they teach me something new

1 2 3 4 5

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates¬†about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more