Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An exciting position that was varied and interesting
Divisional Director Human Resources (Former Employee), SandtonApril 10, 2013
Pros: an exciting company to work for.
Cons: none reallty often had to work long hours but was always rewarded
At March I had a team of 5. Payroll manager, HR Manager,
SDFacilitator and administrator who was also the Company Secretary.
Very difficult to describe a typical day at work, as a generalist it was varied from managing all the vacancies and linking in with Agencies on our specs.
Overall checking and signing off on the payroll,
Pension and benefits liaising – more... with our providers
I did not find any of this position difficult having held Snr HR Management positon before.
What was really exciting was setting up their HR from a 0 base.
I am very straighforward and can deal with any situation and enjoyed each day for the challenges that it brought. – less
Productive and fun workplace with a great work/life balance
Central Zone Administrator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OH and Chicago, ILApril 4, 2013
Pros: benefits package, work/life balance, felxible schedules, back up care assistance
Cons: constant rstructure and change in management which sometimes delayed promotions
In facilities management each day brings it own agenda. I began each day with a list of "To Do's" that were a minimum requirement for the day but always left room for the unknown. When managing a zone of 20 offices, something is bound to require immediate attention requiring flexibility on my end. The colleagues and management at Marsh made this a non – more... issue as everybody is working towards the "Common Good" of the company and its reputation. The hardest part of the job was meeting tight deadlines within real estate transitions which we always met. This also became the most rewarding part of the job when we could sit back at the close of a project, see and feel our success. Marsh is truly a great place to work and do business with! – less
Great Place to work
Sr. Global Mobility Counselor (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJApril 1, 2013
Multi national company and a fortune 500 firm. Great work life balance is fostered.
Great place to learn
Vice President - Operations Director (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2013
Pros: great name and history
Cons: no culture
Good company, great history and reputation. Very good place to learn a lot and make a difference. Great people and understanding work environment.
Worst company I've ever worked for!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAMarch 29, 2013
Cons: disconnected leadership, pay, chaos
Chaotic work environment. Dysfunctional leadership team. Employees are not valued by the company. Employees are expected to work long hours, weekends, and holidays. Employees are viewed as expendable and disposable.
Excellent company with many opportunities
Systems Consultant, General Acctg Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2013
Pros: excellent company with many opportunities
Cons: needs better transfer policy
Excellent company with many opportunities. Very good management.
Reduction in hours
Service Clerk,Cashier (Current Employee), Carmel, INMarch 15, 2013
Pros: i love taking care of customers.
Cons: lack of hours
I had my hours reduced from 38 to 25......Marsh then hired part-time enployees.
Wonderful Company
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJMarch 3, 2013
Wonderful company to work for, I had great team leaders that expanded my knowledge of the industry
MMC is a great company as long as you are with the firm and not contracting.
Records Specialist - Marsh & McLennan (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: after meeting they allow others to have left over refreshments...
Cons: nice company, its just not as organized as i would like for it to be and its not a legal environment.
Nice company, but not very organized. The office is extremely divided. Contracting companies that work with MMC do not follow the MMC culture or guidelines as they should.
Professional Environment with People who care
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Urbandale, IAFebruary 22, 2013
Marsh is a zenith company which has its principals which it sticks to.
People are very proactive and professional towards work, though they treat everyone very well and care for each other.
It has been really a great experience at onsite while working directly with my client.
They are supportive, patient & caring.
Poor leadership with mixed directions
IT Manager (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: good it employees
Cons: poorly led by it management
Poorly run IT teams - good workers running around different directions...Not a recommended employer
Office environment with fun co-workers
Web Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: good pay, set schedule, good management
Cons: didn't last longer
Work on client websites such as HTML code editing, CSS style changes, e-marketing, and graphic design. Learned how to construct web forms through the use of a content management system for SQL databases. Co-workers were other interns whom I would interact with in order to develop sites and other marketing materials for our superiors. Management was – more... very open and was always willing to console and teach when necessary. – less
Loved working here except....
Accounts Receivable / Direct Bill Accountant (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: great company all around
Cons: no job security
Most of the positions were out sourced to India, leaving little job security, everyone in management was great and lost of opportunity to learn and grow
perfect
Oracle Functional Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKJanuary 23, 2013
very good company, worked for this company as a contract consultant.
Good People to work with.
CERTIFICATES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: lack of management support
Lack of management support. Hectic around every quarter due to renewals.
Excellent place to learn and work
Financial Leadership Development Program (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: considerable amount of ppt
Excellent work, you get ownership and guidance as appropriate
Poor Leadership and back stabbing employees that lie
VP (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 18, 2012
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: poor leadership, conflicting messages. poor communication, no integrity
Marsh & McLennon lacks integrity, ethics and leadership. Big egos that get in the way. They have no idea what servant leadership is. Some business practices are questionable.
Poor Management, HR is a joke, constant lay-offs
Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 15, 2012
Pros: vacation
Cons: everything else, work environment hell
Employees were more knowledgable about their jobs than upper management, very political. Micro-management is the management style. Constant lay-offs and turn-overs.
Laid off 1st day back from maternity leave
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 13, 2012
After almost 6 years of dedicated service to the firm, got laid off my first day back from maternity leave. Heartless management with no appreciation for their employees. During the 6 years only got 1 raise which i'm sure is way behind the industry standard. Would not recommend working here.
Very Large Corporation
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), San AntonioDecember 12, 2012
Lots of learning about insurance
Management was completely unfair to employees
Lots ofd bullying happened here even though I complained nothing was taken care of..
Had a situation where I contacted HR and my contact info was repeated despite HIPPA laws and was verbally attacked by upper management for "PLAYING Games"

About Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy – Read more

Marsh & McLennan Companies Photos