Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
customer service
Team Member (Former Employee), hartford city indianaMay 13, 2013
customer service At Marsh I was responsible for greeting customers, stocking shelves, running cash register. This job taught me to work well with others along with the public and multitasking.

May 21, 2013

It's a consulting firm not a retail storr

Good Part Time Job
Cashier (Current Employee), IndianaMay 2, 2013
Pros: management, good pay
Cons: part time, hours
Great management, fun work environment, great customers, however in recent years, growth has become a hard task, unless going into management don't expect to make this a primary job.
First Job
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2013
Pros: did not have to leave for lunch
Cons: strict bosses
A typical day would involve me bagging groceries and bringing in carts. Learn the value of a dollar. Managment was really strict. Co workers were nice and funny. The hardest part was pushing carts and the most enjoyable was the co workers.

May 21, 2013

It's not a retail store!

Heavy workload
Client Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2013
Pros: benefit program
Cons: stressful/heavy workload
Company asking more and more of its employees. Stressful job and workload. No pay raises last several years.
Nice people, easy, but boring job
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 26, 2013
Pros: set hours, rarely asked to work overtime, good health insurance
Cons: lack of opportunities for advancement, low salary
I enjoy the people I work with, but there is little room for advancement in the Austin office. If you are not willing to move to New York or Chicago, your chances of promotion are limited.
Quiet environment
DC Ops Analyst - Tier 2 / Network Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2013
Pros: no micromanagement, quiet environment. no distractions for project deadlines
Cons: lack of updates, few knowledge transfers
Only point person in the NY office on the 3rd shift. Worked alone. Rest of the team was in Franklin, MA.
One of the best companies I have ever worked for
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 20, 2013
One of the best companies I have ever worked for, very relaxed, fun place, and loved the traveling!
Learning & Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Sandton, GautengApril 10, 2013
Pros: half day friday, crazy and fun team
Cons: no work life balance, remuneration and growth
Warm, fun experienced colleagues. My day would mainly revolve around administration, reporting and solving outstanding queries, be it employee or training provider and making sure that everything is on board when it comes to training. Our Management team are knowladge and experts when it comes to their jobs and divisions. I enjoyed learning new things – more... and assissting my colleagues with whatever "technological" problems they might have. The wow factor would be a satisfied customer whose job is made easier as they attended training. – less
An exciting position that was varied and interesting
Divisional Director Human Resources (Former Employee), SandtonApril 10, 2013
Pros: an exciting company to work for.
Cons: none reallty often had to work long hours but was always rewarded
At March I had a team of 5. Payroll manager, HR Manager,
SDFacilitator and administrator who was also the Company Secretary.
Very difficult to describe a typical day at work, as a generalist it was varied from managing all the vacancies and linking in with Agencies on our specs.
Overall checking and signing off on the payroll,
Pension and benefits liaising – more... with our providers
I did not find any of this position difficult having held Snr HR Management positon before.
What was really exciting was setting up their HR from a 0 base.
I am very straighforward and can deal with any situation and enjoyed each day for the challenges that it brought. – less
Productive and fun workplace with a great work/life balance
Central Zone Administrator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OH and Chicago, ILApril 4, 2013
Pros: benefits package, work/life balance, felxible schedules, back up care assistance
Cons: constant rstructure and change in management which sometimes delayed promotions
In facilities management each day brings it own agenda. I began each day with a list of "To Do's" that were a minimum requirement for the day but always left room for the unknown. When managing a zone of 20 offices, something is bound to require immediate attention requiring flexibility on my end. The colleagues and management at Marsh made this a non – more... issue as everybody is working towards the "Common Good" of the company and its reputation. The hardest part of the job was meeting tight deadlines within real estate transitions which we always met. This also became the most rewarding part of the job when we could sit back at the close of a project, see and feel our success. Marsh is truly a great place to work and do business with! – less
Great Place to work
Sr. Global Mobility Counselor (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJApril 1, 2013
Multi national company and a fortune 500 firm. Great work life balance is fostered.
Great place to learn
Vice President - Operations Director (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2013
Pros: great name and history
Cons: no culture
Good company, great history and reputation. Very good place to learn a lot and make a difference. Great people and understanding work environment.
Worst company I've ever worked for!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAMarch 29, 2013
Cons: disconnected leadership, pay, chaos
Chaotic work environment. Dysfunctional leadership team. Employees are not valued by the company. Employees are expected to work long hours, weekends, and holidays. Employees are viewed as expendable and disposable.
Excellent company with many opportunities
Systems Consultant, General Acctg Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2013
Pros: excellent company with many opportunities
Cons: needs better transfer policy
Excellent company with many opportunities. Very good management.
Reduction in hours
Service Clerk,Cashier (Current Employee), Carmel, INMarch 15, 2013
Pros: i love taking care of customers.
Cons: lack of hours
I had my hours reduced from 38 to 25......Marsh then hired part-time enployees.
Wonderful Company
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJMarch 3, 2013
Wonderful company to work for, I had great team leaders that expanded my knowledge of the industry
MMC is a great company as long as you are with the firm and not contracting.
Records Specialist - Marsh & McLennan (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: after meeting they allow others to have left over refreshments...
Cons: nice company, its just not as organized as i would like for it to be and its not a legal environment.
Nice company, but not very organized. The office is extremely divided. Contracting companies that work with MMC do not follow the MMC culture or guidelines as they should.
Professional Environment with People who care
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Urbandale, IAFebruary 22, 2013
Marsh is a zenith company which has its principals which it sticks to.
People are very proactive and professional towards work, though they treat everyone very well and care for each other.
It has been really a great experience at onsite while working directly with my client.
They are supportive, patient & caring.
Poor leadership with mixed directions
IT Manager (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: good it employees
Cons: poorly led by it management
Poorly run IT teams - good workers running around different directions...Not a recommended employer
Office environment with fun co-workers
Web Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: good pay, set schedule, good management
Cons: didn't last longer
Work on client websites such as HTML code editing, CSS style changes, e-marketing, and graphic design. Learned how to construct web forms through the use of a content management system for SQL databases. Co-workers were other interns whom I would interact with in order to develop sites and other marketing materials for our superiors. Management was – more... very open and was always willing to console and teach when necessary. – less

About Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy – Read more

Marsh & McLennan Companies Photos