Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good out of school experience
Risk Management Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2014
I worked here as an intern and then right out of school. Great company, top notch clients, free soda machines, fancy lunches and parties (all of the important stuff when you are right out of school).
Collaborative work environment.
Client Executive (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 19, 2013
Pros: team environement
Cons: boston parking expense
Leverage background and expertise to Human Resource Team. Focused on employee benefit programs.
Los Angeles office wonderful
Certificate Specialist (Former Employee), Los AngelesDecember 14, 2013
Pros: los angeles office is a wonderful place to work and the people are wonderful.
Cons: benefits.
Austin Texas office is horrible. Managers do not know what they are doing on a day to day basis. Bullying is common, and if you speak up for yourself they are ready to write you up. What a shame. The manager over the certificate department in Austin is surely a mess!!

Truly she needs help.
Hand -on hardworkding highly mnotivated.
Data Entry Clerk/ General Clerk (Former Employee), NJDecember 12, 2013
Pros: organized
Cons: n/a
Energetic work attitude invoice processing telecommunication skils
Great place to work if career trumps personal
Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2013
Lots of new management steering the company in a new direction, which I believe is for the better. Work/life balance is a little off if you want to advance. Still lagging in compensation against other industry competitors - and lots of turnover in part due to this.
A Dynamic Company moving in a positive direction
SR. MGR, GLOBAL HR OPERATIONS & QUALITY ASSURANCE (Current Employee), Hoboken NJDecember 4, 2013
A great company transforming to an elite company through transformation.
Engineer Designer
Designer/Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 27, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Highly motivated Designer/ Engineer with over seven years experience in preparing drawings and topographical and relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, pipelines, flood control projects, and water and sewerage control systems. Always team and deadline oriented. Good at that getting approved and permit from city and – more... county. I can review and check drawing of civil engineering. – less
MMC was one of my favorite places that I worked at.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2013
Great place, lots of room for growth, good benefits. Great people.
Interesting place to work
Accounts Payable Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Worked in the Premium Accounting department where I handled Accounts Receivable and Payable for International accounts.

Learned the Accounts Payable process for an Insurance Broker.
Great Palce to Work
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Pros: benefits, career advancement, culture
Cons: currently going through a transformation
Great environment. Fun place to work, advancement opportunity. Great work/life balance.
my work summary
BENEFIT ANALYST (Former Employee), Urbandale, IANovember 1, 2013
Pros: challenges
Cons: less training opportunities
A day at work would consist of team building, working to ensure that customers are happy and satisfied with their service, i enjoyed on a daily basis that all my employees were put first and were able to get questions answered, along with my staff whom felt valued and had a safe, fun and learning opportunities in their roles, whom i would help to encourage – more... for each employee to work toward their goals. I learned to be independent, having a ability to keep learning and using tools to better listening skills, we all are able to improve even if we think we are at our best, I find that looking at it in that perspective each day, helps me to keep reaching for my goals.

The hard part of my job is when providing suggestions that will help someone to build themselves , when that person does not feel that way about them self, it is difficult to get them on board if they do not want to help them self, but I do not give up, i find any tool that will help that person, along with all my staff.

the most enjoyable part of my job, is my customers, my staff feeling valued in their role/positions, and my company whom will continue to succeed by everyone working together as a team. – less
A very family oriented environment place to work at.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJNovember 1, 2013
The company is a family oriented place to work for. Employees at this company is vey professional and is always helpful to others. A typical day at work is work hard and play hard. What I've learned at this company is how to apply my skills efficiently and effectively.
One of the best companies
AVP Data Warehousing & Data Administration (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
Excellent work environment. Enjoyed working with co-workers.
Part of senior team developing consulting models and staff.
National Practice Leader Brokerage Risk Control (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 22, 2013
Pros: part of team that helped evolve practice into industry leadership.
Cons: time requirement; quarterly results focus.
Risk management consulting organization, integral to client service strategy for leading insurance brokerage and advisory firm providing services to Fortune 1000 and middle market clients.
Great and knowledgable organization and staff.
Underwriting Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2013
Very good company to work for with worldwide exposure and leverage.
Different work environment but learned a lot
Deli and Bakery Associate (Current Employee), New Palestine, INOctober 11, 2013
Pros: learning different tasks
Cons: short breaks, always out late
A typical day would be for me to go in and slice deli meat, clean the fryer, and windows as well as cook chicken and clean slicers. I would go in on nights and make the donuts.

I learned that staying busy is what I like best because it helps time go by fast and I'm a really good at multitasking.

The management was pretty great they seemed to care – more... and take into consideration certain things.

Co-workers were good.

The hardest part of the job was making sure we got out on time even though we had to stay and help customers even after we closed.

The most enjoyable was being able to stay busy and get things done and learn new things. – less
Great Environment
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Greenwood, IndianaSeptember 29, 2013
Management is definitely the best part of this company. Not a fast paced company to work for. I didn't get much room for advancement and there are many veterans there that don't make a whole lot of room to move up as a young person.
Windows 7 Deployment
Project Manager / IT Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2013
The team is great and supportive. It is challenging to recommend improvements to some managers.
Loved my job
Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: great work staff
Cons: working downtown cleveland
It was a high stressful job but I loved working with the clients. There were ups and downs to the job but no actual "hard part". Once I learned what was expected of me, it was very enjoyable trying to please our clients.
Not very happy with MMC
Server Automation System Engineer(BigFix&Opsware) (Former Employee), Franklin, MASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: none anymore
Cons: it's all bad
I believe management lost their direction. They do not seem to care much about the employees. Some of the best and brightest people I have worked with I met at Putnam/MMC and like me they moved on. It's a shame really. The people that are still there are always looking for a job just in case. The only reason they stay is because they have years of service – more... combined from Putnam Investments that transitioned over to MMC. – less

About Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy – Read more

Marsh & McLennan Companies Photos