Marsh & McLennan Agency

Marsh & McLennan Agency Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Agency has the customized insurance and financial services expertise you need.
Associate Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2014
•Providing world-class resources with local touch
• Serving our clients, colleagues, carriers, and communities
Wonderful Sales management
Sales Producer (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 17, 2013
Pros: a wonderful learning experience in a new industry
Cons: it was difficult to find prospects within my given territory
Marsh & McLennan Agency purchased The NIA Group in 2010 to add to their newly created middle market insurance agency.

I was hired in 2008 as a newly licensed Property & Casualty broker. The training was intense and very well developed. I learned a lot and within one year was ranked in the top 10% of the sales force. My positon required me to develop – more... new prospects and partner with technical staff members to write business. The process was a well oiled machine built for producers to suceed if they worked hard enough.

The most difficult part of the position was that the firm was very established in New Jersey. With a sales team of over 45 producers it was difficult to find prospects within my territory that other producers had not already "touched".

The most rewarding aspect of my positon was that I had a high closing ratio. Because we used a team approach and I was fairly new to the industry I was partnered with seasoned professionals that could assist me in writing business.

At MMA I learned how to create my own marketing programs that stood out from the competition. For example, I opened the door to my largest client by sending a cupcake to their office. I wrote a note stating that lowering their premiums "could be a piece of cake" and called them. The revenue on that account was in excess of $90,000. I also hired a telemarketer to make my cold calls while I networked and developed my prospects. It proved to be a very successful campaign opening opportunities at large international companies. – less
MMA has great employee benefits and is currently in the mid stages of forming a new mid-market division, which I was proud to be a part of.
Business Development Associate (Former Employee), Somerset, NJAugust 7, 2012
Pros: entrepreneurial environment with lots of autonomy
Cons: lack of training and support in key areas
A typical day at MMA consisted of reviewing my progress from the previous day and following up on plans made to further my contacts and pursue new business. Co-workers were pleasant and disciplined, which I appreciated because we shared the same work ethics. The hardest part of my job was staying positive at times when the desired results were not achieved, – more... because I am a perfectionist to some degree.However, the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction I received when my efforts were rewarded with success. This was not what I would call a learning experience, rather it was a reinforcement of the values I believe in. It's important to balance disappointments at work and life in general with your successes and to keep everything in perspective and never give up. – less
Productive and positive workplace
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 30, 2012
A typical day included office work such as filing, phone calls, scheduling, and any other task my boss required. I learned how to work in an office environment with others, be efficient, and how to do basic administrative tasks.