Marsh & McLennan Agency Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very pleasant work environment.
Manager of Benefits Administration (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 8, 2016
Company is committed to their employees and the community at large. Very good support systems in place. Great effort rendered to ensure a good working culture and ethics.
Agency recently bought by a corporation- Culture change
Commercial Lines Account Manager (Current Employee), Worcester, MASeptember 13, 2015
There is new culture at the agency, it is a corporate culture. I am not sure I fit in the new culture. That is why I am looking to see if there is a new opportunity for me elsewhere.
Unrealistic Work Load/Great Benefits
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hours needed to do the job
Great atmosphere and people, but the work load that you are expected to keep up with is unrealistic. Would have to work 70 hour weeks in order to stay caught up.
Sr. Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Saddle Brook, NJAugust 3, 2015
I think there are great people at MMA. There are just too many chiefs and they all have conflicting ideas except that they all are way too over-consumed with the bottom line. I have to say, they promote employee education in a big way, that's a plus.
Great Place to work at
Prefer not to disclose (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2015
The people are great and the work is enjoyable. There are busy times which is in every sales driven company but manageable.
good
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), King of PrussiaMay 7, 2014
good environment to work, very stressful during open enrollment
Agency has the customized insurance and financial services expertise you need.
Associate Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2014
•Providing world-class resources with local touch
• Serving our clients, colleagues, carriers, and communities
Wonderful Sales management
Sales Producer (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 17, 2013
Pros: a wonderful learning experience in a new industry
Cons: it was difficult to find prospects within my given territory
Marsh & McLennan Agency purchased The NIA Group in 2010 to add to their newly created middle market insurance agency.

I was hired in 2008 as a newly licensed Property & Casualty broker. The training was intense and very well developed. I learned a lot and within one year was ranked in the top 10% of the sales force. My positon required me to develop new prospects and partner with technical staff members to write business. The process was a well oiled machine built for producers to suceed if they worked hard enough.

The most difficult part of the position was that the firm was very established in New Jersey. With a sales team of over 45 producers it was difficult to find prospects within my territory that other producers had not already "touched".

The most rewarding aspect of my positon was that I had a high closing ratio. Because we used a team approach and I was fairly new to the industry I was partnered with seasoned professionals that could assist me in writing business.

At MMA I learned how to create my own marketing programs that stood out from the competition. For example, I opened the door to my largest client by sending a cupcake to their office. I wrote a note stating that lowering their premiums "could be a piece of cake" and called them. The revenue on that account was in excess of $90,000. I also hired a telemarketer to make my cold calls while I networked and developed my prospects. It proved to be a very successful campaign opening opportunities at large international companies.
MMA has great employee benefits and is currently in the mid stages of forming a new mid-market division, which I was proud to be a part of.
Business Development Associate (Former Employee), Somerset, NJAugust 7, 2012
Pros: entrepreneurial environment with lots of autonomy
Cons: lack of training and support in key areas
A typical day at MMA consisted of reviewing my progress from the previous day and following up on plans made to further my contacts and pursue new business. Co-workers were pleasant and disciplined, which I appreciated because we shared the same work ethics. The hardest part of my job was staying positive at times when the desired results were not achieved, because I am a perfectionist to some degree.However, the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction I received when my efforts were rewarded with success. This was not what I would call a learning experience, rather it was a reinforcement of the values I believe in. It's important to balance disappointments at work and life in general with your successes and to keep everything in perspective and never give up.
Productive and positive workplace
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 30, 2012
A typical day included office work such as filing, phone calls, scheduling, and any other task my boss required. I learned how to work in an office environment with others, be efficient, and how to do basic administrative tasks.