Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Just another job
Supervisor/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 February 2018
With a lack of leadership the restaurant operation was average at the most. Lots os challenges were not attacked whether because of general manager or the board of directors but it was interesting to experience at least all this problems as it made me aware that not very place is professional nor according to expectations.
Pros
almost working by myself. nobody bothering nor nagging
Cons
lack of leadership, nobody to answer questions, pretty much figure it out as you go kind of environment
no growth
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 February 2018
I worked as a houseman for two years and was told to be put on full time after my probation... never happened. never even got past 400$ bi-weekly. got great staff
Pros
fun and laid back
Cons
no hours and little room for growth (with some exceptions)
dont even bother
Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 January 2018
Place is a joke.
Management takes 20% of your tips and they don't do a thing to deserve them.
I have never worked for a company that cares so little for their employees.
not bad
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 January 2018
As hotels go this place is ok. Friendly staff and decent pay. Nice facilities, fair work hours (although shift work sucks in my opinion). Great xmas parties.
close personal relationships with peers
One18 Empire Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
getting to know so many people within the hotel is so amazing. the friends you make last a lifetime. the benefits are unbeatable and ability to work between departments is a very cool
Great opportunities
Barista/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 January 2018
very boring
but a great job to have that is secure
HR could do better
very generous to employees
can be very slow during the colder months and so it can be boring
Pros
free food
Cons
bad hours
best of the best hotel
Waitress/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Minett, ON3 January 2018
my experince working with marriott is one of the top hotels in canada and i love working with the amazing team setting that they have there., its true amazing working a the marriot hotel.
Fun place to work
House Person (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 January 2018
Enjoyed my time here but it is seasonal work and doesn't provide security for the winter months. Staff were generally friendly and pleasant to be around.
Good pay, unprofessional employers
Dishwasher, Busboy, Waitress, and Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Westmount, QC18 December 2017
Coming into this employment, I thought it would be just another minimum wage job that a typical college student like me have to inevitably go through. However, I have learned tremendously from this experience. Though management was laid back (enabling me and several colleagues to go through shifts without supervision), there was clearly bias in treatment. It was not fair game for everyone.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the free lunch. This cut back my expenses, allowing me to save that for more important fees. Also, I bonded with two of the colleagues and made great friendships with them.

The job outline did not specify the amount of stress I have to go through to prevent myself from being sacked. There are days where I had to serve, or do dishes for 400+ people. During peak times, the company is still underemployed. This resulted in me having to do a job of 3 other people, and by the end of the work day, I had zero interest in living a normal life.

Though it was draining, the reason why I quit was from the apathy I got from my employers. When I resumed school full time, I have sent in multiple requests for hours cut so that I could concentrate on school life. Not only that my requests were denied, but they were ignored completely. I was forced to quit without a 2-week notice due to a decline in mental health.

Having to deal with high-class customers who treat me poorly, my experience at Marriott has been nothing short of eye-opening.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful
Flexible timings
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 December 2017
Good work atmosphere. Flexible timings. Good management. Warm colleagues. 8 hour shift. Annual Appraisal. Most enjoyable part of the job is you get to eat great food.
outstanding staff
Passer l'aspirateur sur les tapis (Former Employee) –  peel montreal29 November 2017
great place to work . staff very nice everyone helps one another. lunch breaks very good. lunch of free food n breakfeast .hard work have to be in good shape.
Pros
free breakfeast
Cons
hard work
Rewarding if you are full-time, but not if you have to switch
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON16 November 2017
Overall working here can be hard, as keeping up with conversion metrics can be difficult, but is rewarding when you finally get into the "groove". My worst experience though came when I had been promised they would work with my school schedule, but did not work as quickly and effectively as they had stated. I had to resend my school schedule 7 times. This is unexceptionable when it was a key feature when I was applying. Otherwise, it is a very mentally requiring job, so do not apply if talking is not your thing.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lying about easy of schedule switch
Overall good
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 November 2017
Management was subpar.
they did get you the days you wanted off
lunch breaks are very generous with full course meals provided
and never had to worry about leaving too late
Great team. Cheerful positive atmosphere
Kitchen Steward (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 November 2017
A good place to work - friendly and sensible management, workload well balanced with staff availability.
Some heavy lifting involved (taking out garbage)
Pros
Free meals
Cons
late nights, old equipment
Great Place, Slow Nights
Server (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 October 2017
The Mariott was a great place to work however with the nights being as long as they were there were hardly any people. Across the street from the hotel was a Boston Pizza that was taking away from all the people eating and drinking within our bistro.
Pros
free food, good pay and good people
Cons
long hours and hardly any people on the night shift.
Fun and pleasant environment
Hotel Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON23 October 2017
Every day can be different which it consist of interacting with guess, co-worker, an management on daily basis, this is apart of my everyday routine. Other are things through out the week I handle entering data for the various areas that I cover like Front Desk, Accounting etc....

I am a positive individual and enjoy my different task, the hardest part is when the system goes down and we have to go into over drive ensuring all goes well.

I work with a great company and group of people and for that my job is enjoyable
Excellent environnement de travail et un beau dynamisme d'equipe
Préposée à l'entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2017
Une journée de travail typique commence chaque jour de 8h a 4h30. j'ai vraiment aimé mon expérience de travail chez Marriot car j'ai travaille avec des gens formidables et c'était une belle équipe. la seule chose qui a été la plus difficile c'était ma période d'adaptation au début mais une fois que je me suis adaptée, tout à été très simple.
Great
Co-op placement (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 October 2017
The staff was really accommodating to me as a student and treated me as such; someone working with them to learn. My co-workers cared for me and showed compassion while scolding me as needed and teaching me where I'd go wrong with my dishes
Pros
Great learning enviroment
Cons
messy
Fun
SPA ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Canada on15 October 2017
I loved the team and the way we operate it was new to me and everyone was learning about the different cultural back ground. It was a beautiful experience will do it again If given the chance.
Pros
Free transportation to and from work
Cons
Not much places to shop and to be intertain.
Great Company / Great Value
Market Account Executive Corporate (Former Employee) –  Paris11 October 2017
Great company. Open management. Possibility to get a promotion quickly. Trustful associates and a great values.

However, lot of reports, lot of pressure and a huge tracking of your work. You spend more times to show/justify what you do instead of doing your job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K