Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

outstanding staff
Passer l'aspirateur sur les tapis (Former Employee) –  peel montreal29 November 2017
great place to work . staff very nice everyone helps one another. lunch breaks very good. lunch of free food n breakfeast .hard work have to be in good shape.
Pros
free breakfeast
Cons
hard work
Rewarding if you are full-time, but not if you have to switch
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON16 November 2017
Overall working here can be hard, as keeping up with conversion metrics can be difficult, but is rewarding when you finally get into the "groove". My worst experience though came when I had been promised they would work with my school schedule, but did not work as quickly and effectively as they had stated. I had to resend my school schedule 7 times. This is unexceptionable when it was a key feature when I was applying. Otherwise, it is a very mentally requiring job, so do not apply if talking is not your thing.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lying about easy of schedule switch
Overall good
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 November 2017
Management was subpar.
they did get you the days you wanted off
lunch breaks are very generous with full course meals provided
and never had to worry about leaving too late
Great team. Cheerful positive atmosphere
Kitchen Steward (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 November 2017
A good place to work - friendly and sensible management, workload well balanced with staff availability.
Some heavy lifting involved (taking out garbage)
Pros
Free meals
Cons
late nights, old equipment
Great Place, Slow Nights
Server (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 October 2017
The Mariott was a great place to work however with the nights being as long as they were there were hardly any people. Across the street from the hotel was a Boston Pizza that was taking away from all the people eating and drinking within our bistro.
Pros
free food, good pay and good people
Cons
long hours and hardly any people on the night shift.
Fun and pleasant environment
Hotel Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON23 October 2017
Every day can be different which it consist of interacting with guess, co-worker, an management on daily basis, this is apart of my everyday routine. Other are things through out the week I handle entering data for the various areas that I cover like Front Desk, Accounting etc....

I am a positive individual and enjoy my different task, the hardest part is when the system goes down and we have to go into over drive ensuring all goes well.

I work with a great company and group of people and for that my job is enjoyable
Excellent environnement de travail et un beau dynamisme d'equipe
Préposée à l'entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2017
Une journée de travail typique commence chaque jour de 8h a 4h30. j'ai vraiment aimé mon expérience de travail chez Marriot car j'ai travaille avec des gens formidables et c'était une belle équipe. la seule chose qui a été la plus difficile c'était ma période d'adaptation au début mais une fois que je me suis adaptée, tout à été très simple.
Great
Co-op placement (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 October 2017
The staff was really accommodating to me as a student and treated me as such; someone working with them to learn. My co-workers cared for me and showed compassion while scolding me as needed and teaching me where I'd go wrong with my dishes
Pros
Great learning enviroment
Cons
messy
Fun
SPA ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Canada on15 October 2017
I loved the team and the way we operate it was new to me and everyone was learning about the different cultural back ground. It was a beautiful experience will do it again If given the chance.
Pros
Free transportation to and from work
Cons
Not much places to shop and to be intertain.
Great Company / Great Value
Market Account Executive Corporate (Former Employee) –  Paris11 October 2017
Great company. Open management. Possibility to get a promotion quickly. Trustful associates and a great values.

However, lot of reports, lot of pressure and a huge tracking of your work. You spend more times to show/justify what you do instead of doing your job.
Great team culture
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
This company offers great team culture for those who enjoy supportive work environment and a little bit more autonomy and salary is great as well as benefits.
Always had hours when healthy.
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 October 2017
When things are organized and the schedule is together properly, the work day is pretty easy, when it is not, and it happens quite frequently, the work day is over-whelming and painful both physically and emotionally.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Horrible abusive brutal
Facility Attendant of student services (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 September 2017
During my time at this particular employer work in our area was scarce and the employer knew you where easily replaceable and often told us so, the employee turn around was constant and salary was never 10 cents over minimum wage. Superiors constantly pushed and regularly there where new rules or bennifits taken away. Petty oppressive and inhumane is all I can remember of this prison.
Pros
Left
Cons
I could afford to eat and pay rent when many couldn't.
good
Breakfast Helper & laundry Department (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 September 2017
Marriott is great place work .environment is great co work is friendly always help each other .i enjoy working at Marriott cleaning environment. manger is great .
Pros
Cons
parttime
Productive and fun work place
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 August 2017
Everyone works well together as a team
Smiles and helping hands - positive attitudes on extremely busy days and even when things go wrong.
All have a main goal and mind set in harmony - Guest satisfaction and life appreciation.
Overall positive environment - great cooperation in all departments with all departments. Equality
Pros
Free lunches once a month, group benefit plan
Cons
long hours, demanding clients
Great
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stoughton Mas\15 August 2017
Great place great overall experience \.. You will love your time there. I hope all your experinces are the same as mine wonderful

If you have the opportunity take it and learn all you can.
5 star hotel
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Sindh11 August 2017
Supervision of the work of housekeeping staff to ensure it met with the hotel’s quality standards
Thoroughly inspected guest rooms and suites prior to the guests’ arrival
Responsible for the special care of VIP, VVIP and unwell guests
Diplomatically handled customer complaints and issues
Demonstrated work flexibility by assisting other departments, such as reservations, front desk (check in), and the business centre
Responsibly handled the business centre cash payments, maintained the log for services utilized by guests and conscientiously carried out closing of shift duties
Substituted for the Duty Manager in his absence
Held Training Programs
see attached resume
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2017
Marriott was a great place to work. THey sent me to food school and managent school where I gained knowledge of how to run a food service operation. It was very professional.
Amazing Culture and Team
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 August 2017
It's a privilege to work with the team at The Westin Ottawa. You are surrounded by productive, supportive, ambitious and extremely talented people. The culture is phenomenal and you are looked after well.
Good Place, Great Perks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON20 July 2017
The motels in this chain are stunning and with the perks you receive from this company you are able to enjoy them. Great training and managers. Great call center all around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.