Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

fun productive place
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 February 2017
all employees were great to work with, were there to help one another. It was awesome talking to people from all over the world! Clean environment. Easy to work with everyone there. Coffee and lots of it
maintenance technician
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2017
I worked as a maintenance tech at the courtyard by Marriott and my job was to maintain the hotel technical problems. We had to maintain a log book for the gym, boiler rooms swimming pool and kitchen areas.
Pros
food with discounts, insurance benefits
Cons
less hours
fun workplace
Banquet Server (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
always looking forward to going to work and see my wonderful co workers. we start our days off with positive attitude and smile while we welcome guest into the property.
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Marriott is an amazing brand to work for. I really like the exceptional sevices Marriott provides and take care of its guests.
Good Company to work for
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Great Team, Good Staff, Great Benefits. I enjoyed my time with the Company. I learned a great deal, would definitely work with them again.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MD12 January 2017
A typical day at work for me was always solving problems as an IT Business Systems Consultant.

There is a solution to most Systems issues and both management and co-workers were awesome to work with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relief to Systems Users after having their problems solved or the look on their faces when they get to see the new updates run through scripts in less time than it took them manually!
Pros
Work done well appreciated. Nice place to work and great team too!
Cons
Project ended!
Productive and Fun Work Place
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 January 2017
RIBM has great staff and great property to work in
Guests are friendly and very well satisfied with the hotel. Teamwork is definitely in place
Pros
great staff and property
Cons
poor compensation
Amazing
Event Operations associate (Former Employee) –  Muskoka, ON30 December 2016
helpful staff, good salary, really great place for a person who want to be professional in hospitality industry and great salary also.
Front Desk Attendant
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 December 2016
Providing guests with an at home stay so that they are comfortable! Providing excellent customer service to guests. Amazing staff who treat everyone like family.
Very enjoyable place to work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2016
I enjoy working with my co workers and interacting everyday with the guest that stay there. Seeing a smile on the guest face is a very rewarding. It definitely is a hard job cleaning a room in 30 mins but am very greatful to have learned many skills to work fast and efficient.
Pros
we have employee appreciation lunches once a month
Cons
In the fall and winter there isn't always as much work for room attendants as we would like
Enjoyed meeting people from around the world
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON9 December 2016
Marriott was my summer job experience. I have learned how to communicate with different clients and how to accommodate the guests' needs to make them spend another business or leisure trip at our hotel.
Working at Towneplace Suites by Marriott
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 December 2016
I go to work and do my job to the best of my ability. If I have questions I ask and hopefully get an answer quickly. This position has added knowledge of a different system use for me. This will help my resume for other positions.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the sports teams players quiet. This can be frustrating because most of the parents (hockey in particular) don't seem to care about disturbing other guests or making a mess that staff has to clean up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly and helpful staff. If I have a guest problem that needs further attention I can usually get someone to take on that responsibility without any questions.
Pros
New hotel, co workers are friendly and helpful
Cons
Poor pay
Wonderful work enviroment
JW Server, Wine Ambassador and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minett, ON1 December 2016
Fun staff, good training programs, room for growth, hard to get bored in this work environment as there is always something happening.
great environment to work in
HR Assistant ( trainee ) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 November 2016
I worked with them for very short period, as it was just a training employment. but I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. company displays great discipline and work ethics, yet being very humble and appreciative towards their employees, no matter what job title they hold.
Pros
very positive environment
Cons
ttravel and parking is sometimes a challenge for out city commuters
Hospitality Business
Senior Administrative Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Singer Island, Florida1 November 2016
Learned very much regarding the correct way to work with Customers, which one can use in any form of business. The General Manager and the Vice Presidents I supported were wonderful
Pros
Hotel discounts :)
Cons
Marriott is a nice place to work
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississuaga, Ontario18 October 2016
IFor me Marriott is one of the best company in the Hotel business, especially if every hotel management will know how the workers especially the room attendants feel who are always get more of the work pressure. Pressure from work , from guest and from supervisors who is rushing them to finish the rooms but rooms are not always clean or normal, sometimes it's really messy that it takes 1 1/2 hour to finish it and I wish they can do something about how to help room attendants...they do but, not always.
Pros
At keast there are benefits
Cons
Forced to finish the room and needs more workers
Great property
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 October 2016
Staff and management very friendly. Work well together as a team.
Hotel is in a perfect location for travelers on the way to Toronto
A place of diverse opportunities
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
Marriott Hotels and Resorts is a fantastic company to work for. It's a place where you can wear many hats and pursue growth and development within the organization.

To put it simply, Marriott has the edge in retaining highly educated employees and shapes each candidate for future platforms within the industry and outside it's forum
Pros
Dry cleaning, travel, vacation time, recognition, diversity, complimentary cuisine
Cons
Large company, one could say that it may be to vastly spreadout with limited channels of direction
Excellent work place environment
Front Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2016
- Answer phone calls to take guest reservations
- Check in/out guests with world class service
- Communicate with other departments to ensure that guests stays are memorable and wonderful
- Wonderful staff from back of the house to the front of the house
- Knowing I made someones visit to my city inviting, memorable, and exciting makes me enjoy my job
Pros
Monthly staff appreciation lunches
Fun place to work
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 September 2016
Fun place to work but politics is very high. I would say that the culture is one of the best cultures that I have ever experienced when it comes to customer service.