Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work environment
Loss Prevention Manager/Resort Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Healthcare
A typical day at work is like being around family you like to be with.
The best thing is feel loved and secure enough you look forward to coming back the next day.
Worst place to work
support specialist (Former Employee), Md City, MDJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, interviewers, etc
Worst place to work, management is horrible with decisions and feel like they don't know what they are doing such as picking right candidates for positions. They pick a lawyer for a positon that will stay short time over somebody who's passionate for his work.
judgmental
housekeeping (Current Employee), Riviera Beach, FLDecember 24, 2015
This is a over all fun place to work but their has been time when people took advantage of me because I have a language barrier.
Productive, fast paced
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Great environment, Great benefits
Marriott has been the most loving and family oriented work environment I have been in. Not all about the numbers but definitely learned a lot and was able to grow as an individual.
Good atmosphere. Good people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2015
Selling Marriott vacation packages to existing customers over the phone. Good bonuses.Great people. Good money. Located in Orlando Florida. Revolving door.
Great Guests, Great Company
Housekeeping Administrator (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 19, 2015
Pros: discounted room rates
Cons: Poor management
My guests became like family to me as I worked in a time share resort and encountered both long and short-term guests. The company is well structured and does a lot to help their employees. However, my particular property was mismanaged and was an ill-performing site. Shortly after I left many upper managers were switched/let-go so I imagine that this problem has been fixed.
Good place to work.
Loss Prevention Officer/Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FlOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Perks
Cons: Pay
see above review, can not say more than I said above. good climate, median pay. Room discounts were great, cant beat them anywhere.
nice
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAOctober 2, 2015
nice place to work good enviroment , nice coworker no to good pay but small work , noo good hours too but easy job no problem the old manager was horrible
I LOVE IT!
Nail Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about this company! When scheduled, i come in to a family, Its not just people i work with. We all get along and have amazing team player skills.
Great company to work for.
Lead Database analyst (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Bonus
Cons: Mgt
I love working here, but life changed so I have to leave. The culture is great, They allow working remotely if your job allows it.
negative experience
vacation planner (Former Employee), orlando, flAugust 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: alot
I was surprised at the level of what seemed like a culture that said "do what ever it takes." You were trained to ask qualifying questions at the beginning of the incoming calls. Those on the floor were not. If interested in purchasing and did not income qualify the agents would tell guest to simply say they did to receive discounted vacation package. Upper management clearly looked the other way or even sometimes requested these practices. They encouraged shifty sales tactics and were unprofessional. Policies were fly by night.
Employees are treated as second class citizens
Marketing (Former Employee), Saint Thomas USVIJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Full time you receive some health care
Cons: They don't pay enough to cover health care
I can some up two years of employment in three words, you don't matter. There are more rules on the way to get fired than there are rules to succeed. The management is unprofessional and the rules do not apply equally to all. The management only care about their numbers which effect their bonus. Any employee who helps the managers make their numbers have full range and rules are overlook. With the vacation club, the tail wags the dog. With what they pay you, you would be better off working minimum wage at a fast food restaurant.
Good work/life Balance
Environment Support and Code Deployment (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2015
This company puts a premium on work/life balance, which I value highly.

Typical day at work involves coordinating between 3rd parties, vendors, outsourced work in different time zones, local resources, and overseas testers to keep swimlanes (or test environments) running to keep projects to their timelines.
Great place to work with good advancement
CONTRACT PROCESSOR (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 2, 2015
Solid and stable company to work for always looking for the next innovative thing in the field. Great room for advancement while also attaining valuable work experience.
Tough work environment with little chances of advancement
Housekeeping Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 20, 2015
I have learned that they expect people to be perfect everyday with no deviation and when you have a bad day you are labeled. The hardest part of the job is trying to get answers for people but nobody is willing to give any status information for me to give. The most enjoyable part of the job is this position requires me to know everything about each room. Once you do something 'unacceptable' your are labeled and stand no chance of changing positions, since this is a hard position to fill they will do what they can to keep you in it.
No room for advancement
Engineer (Current Employee), Barony Beach Club/Hilton HeadFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: it's a job, barely
Cons: you do not matter
It does not pay to work hard. You will not make a living here. You are led to believe that there is training then when you ask about it they give a long explanation of why you can't attend training. Extreme favoritism to minorities. If you are a high school graduate do not apply. They do not want smart, hard working employees. Really you are ahead to work at a fast food joint. The way they calculate your time on the clock is unknown. You will NEVER get paid for all the time you are there. Many employees there are working under someone else s name.
Great Place to Work in a Call Center
Senior Vacation Ownership Advisor (Current Employee), South Salt Lake, UTFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits, amazing management
Cons: schedules
I have always loved working here. Such a great work environment. They treat you like a person and not a number. Schedules aren't great, but the longer you are there the better they get. The best part about working here is the management. They are absolutely amazing! They actually want to see you succeed and will do anything in order to make you personally succeed. I would definitely recomend this place to another person looking for a job.
Very fun and productive place to work.
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a great place to work, and can be very challenging. I have learned a lot about hospitality and customer service and patients.

My coworkers are the greatest, we are like a big family, the management is great, and always there to assist you and help with anything they can. Overall this is a great place to work and grow with the company.
Finance and Accounting Information Systems
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Lakeland, FL 33801January 14, 2015
Pros: excellent benifits. provided necessary tools/software. great people.
Worked for Marriott for 23 years and 11 months. Started when I was 19 years old and in my first year of Community College. I was hired part-time at minimum wage and handled mail for Sales Administration. I was always learning and continuously promoted. After 22 years our Division was spun off as its own Corporation and became a Franchise of Marriott International. The business model underwent significant change in order to sustain the business and remain profitable. Many were laid off -myself included. I was offered and elected to accept a generous severance package.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: culture and benefits
Cons: no growth
Flexible schedule and relaxed business attire. No growth in the field of accounting within the company.