The restaurant supervisor’s main function is to promote and ensure guest satisfaction, achieved through his/her ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment, placing emphasis on associate satisfaction and delivery of prompt, courteous, professional service. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: implements sequence of service, conducts pre-shift briefings and relates all pertinent information with staff; actively support the Quality Improvement Process; assume responsibility of daily operation of all assigned outlets; assist in working toward positive financial results; assist in maintaining a highly motivated and well-trained staff; initiate aggressive guest interaction through seeking and soliciting feedback from guests; handle daily associate relations such as scheduling and time adjustments; maintain a sage and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests; implement all proper tools for running shifts such as schedules, floor plans, reservations; find solutions for problems such as last minute bookings and other daily problems which may arise; during shift ensure that guests are satisfied by assisting with serving, seating, communication with kitchen and by striving to speak to all guests; monitor hours and staffing on a daily basis, for restaurant, with accurate scheduling in line forecast and budget guidelines; plans and co-ordinates event details with kitchen, stewarding and catering; uphold staff appearance and grooming policies; builds and maintains a liaison with function organizers before, during and after all services to ensure all needs are exceeded; encourage problem solving by associates through proper training and empowerment; maintain fair and consistent counseling and or disciplinary procedures in accordance with Marriott’s Guarantee of Fair Treatment policy; coaching and counseling staff by conducting and follow up of performance reviews, implementing disciplinary procedures, ensuring the clear and accurate communication of hotel and department policies, news and events and assist in recruitment, hiring and training.
- Must have a genuine hospitality ‘gene’ and the drive to join a leading Milestone restaurant team.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with guests and employees both internally and externally.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills, which motivate and enhance associates/team performance.
- Ability to find solutions for problems.
- Excellent customer service skills, sound knowledge of business and services
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Teamwork approach to all duties
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting as well as the ability to plan and multitask in a busy environment
- Proven leadership in a team environment.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in providing timely and effective resolution of performance and operational problems
- This position requires that all work and correspondence be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Post secondary education in Hospitality Management or a related discipline is a strong asset.
- Minimum of two years food service or related hospitality management experience.