Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Beautiful resort in Muskoka
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Minett, ONOctober 23, 2014
In a short time, I learned the importance of teamwork and working independently. The Marriott emphasized teamwork and the idea of being an orchestra - this idea was proven under extremely busy days, as people from different departments aided others. I learned the importance of time management and of the satisfaction of guests. I had strong relationships with my co-workers; everyone helped each other in various ways. The hardest part of the job was the hours - we were understaffed and working over time every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing guests come from all over to vacation in such a remote, but quaint place... and to see their reactions of the stunning view of the lake.
Well compensated
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 22, 2014
Company that offers a lot of working hours, good compensation and benefits
Pros
good benefits
Cons
schedule is irregular
Fun place to work at
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 9, 2014
Great place to work at. I've learned so much over the years

Everyone is like family here,Very fast paced environment,
The co-workers are great and everyone has fun.

Everyday is different and the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to meet great people each day
Pros
the people
fun place
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2014
Always busy and many different areas to work in to learn the hotel life. Plenty of places to transfer to when opportunities arise.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
shift work
great coworkers, good pay rate
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONOctober 3, 2014
answer phone calls
answer questions
research hotels and provide information
great coworkers
repetitive
benefits
Cons
repetitive, not flexible with shifts or days off
One of the best companies I have worked for
LAUNDRY ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2014
The company extremely considerate to personnel. I was very happy with the corporate level.
Front Desk Agent/ Switchboard (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONOctober 1, 2014
That was my fist job in the hospitality field so basically I had to learn everything from the beginning. All the team is very helpful and understanding
Pros
discounts when staying in the marriott
Cons
unpaid lunches
Good working environment
Reservations and Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 22, 2014
Good working environment. Fair wage. I didn't feel like a number even though I was working for a call center.
poor
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara FallsSeptember 22, 2014
Manager had no people skills. When I called in to say I couldn't make my shifts because of a death in the family, she said "Do you know how difficult this makes it for me?" Appalling.
Wonderful Company to work for.
Supervisor of dining room and housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 21, 2014
Wonderful Company to work for. I loved the atmosphere and the management and staff are very nice. It's like a family there when you are at work.
Rewarding place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
I work front desk as a guest service agent, checking guests in and out of the hotel, dealing with guest requests and complaints. I have learned how to ensure guest satisfaction by dealing with and resolving guest issues by myself. The hotel has many employees and tends to retain them for a long time. They are like a second family to me. The hardest part of my job also happens to be the most rewarding, dealing with upset guests and ensuring they leave the hotel happy.
Pros
meals
Best Place I have Worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 25, 2014
Professional location; wonderful staff and management; excellent medical benefits and pay.
Pros
everything
Cons
it was shut down due to government funding
Great place to work. Lots of incentives
Reservation agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 22, 2014
Great place to work. Lots of support if needed. Incentives were great. Pay was competitive.
One of the worst hotels to work for in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 8, 2014
Management is horrible in that they do not address employee problems. The unionization is a joke. Pay is low. Demands of work due to severe understaffing are ridiculous. Front Office manager gossips about her staff and is extremely rude and unprofessional.
Pros
discounts on marriotts worldwide.
Cons
everything else.
Internship
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
This was a great opportunity to work in a corporate setting and gain experience as an intern.
Great Company to Work for!!
Inbound Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of answering the many various types of phone calls related to hotel reservations. Answering questions about our services, products and properties. Making reservations, cancellations,modifications, etc. I learned alot about the various areas of the world, through the many properties we were in charge of taking reservations for. My management was great, always with constructive feedback, always willing to talk to us and help us out when need be. I had a lot of great coworkers as well, but the hardest part of the job at the time was when I got done each night. I was in school at the time also and did not finish work until late at night. My favorite part of the job was learning about the different properties, and areas in the world.
Pros
discounted hotels, employee treatment and recoginition
Cons
hours
Productive and fun workplace
Pastry Chef, WORK TERM (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 22, 2014
Working at the Marriott was very professional yet fun. Everyone got along with each other and there was never any disputes. I enjoyed working there for my work term.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
had to finish my term
A challenging and great opertunity
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  enoch. edmontonJuly 22, 2014
Great hotel begin with great employees! With over 180 rooms its one of the best places to work for .
career challenging experience. if you are looking to boost your career to new height, join team today. compensation packages are among the best in the industry.
not a fun place to work..
GENERAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2014
this place is not like before, different management

no fun at work place !!
Worst place to work Courtyard By Marriott Edmonton west.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton WESTJuly 12, 2014
Never safe at work, zero safe work practice , egoistic management ,arrogant owners, ZERO job safety. No appreciation. Foreign workers are made to work for free after 8 hours shift. No raises to any staff after few years of hard work. The worse place to work I have seen so far in my 20 years of Chef carrier
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
lots to say and proved by each staff who works here, cant fit in 2 million words