Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Day at work
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary6 April 2014
-assist guest check in and check out
- handle cash and credit car record
- basic accounting and booking of hotel
fun place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2014
this place is giving very less salary for the supervisor, then make them work for long hours
Pros
free coffee
It is a different world
Maintenance Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto31 March 2014
It was our live life to discover. We were passionate about our service, We've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. This was not just a place to spend the day, this was a place to discover, a place in the world with our style and our magic touch.
Pros
Personal development through work in a team
Cons
rotation of shifts
Very Interesting
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2014
I was in charge of the save keeping of bags or luggage. I also, booked limos or taxi's for the customers and sent out packages if it was requested.
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
Costumer focused enviroment
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta23 February 2014
The typical day consists of tending to the guests many need and going above and beyond what would be typically expected. I've learned my different aspects of serving and how to handle and solve any situation. Management is more hands on, and will help out whenever needed. Co-workers typically have been there for many years and are vary familiar. The hardest part of the job is the constant demand of flexibility of scheduling, and being able to wrap a personal life around it. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the guest and getting to know them better.
Pros
Free food, good benifits
Cons
Demanding hours, Taking on extra responsibilities
Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL16 February 2014
I work three distinct jobs within Marriott: front desk, night audit, and maintenance. For the most part, these jobs include a large emphasis on guest relations and being "the face of the company." Throughout my experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott, I have learned a lot about how the computer systems for Marriott properties operate, how the financial information is updated into the company's database, valuable lessons from guest service interactions, and the importance of communication in the workplace. I have also trained others employees in how to work the front desk and night audit positions.

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job- the customer interactions. We receive a lot of business travelers, who are often overworked, stressed out, and cannot catch a break. Sometimes it is difficult to assist an unhappy guest, but at the same time it is a blessing to be able to fix the situation and maybe be the one bright spot that our guest had all day.
Flexible, friendly work area
Front Desk Clerk, Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 February 2014
The most difficult part of this job is being able to not only manage the hotel, but to keep up with any concerns or questions from the guests. They will either call or come down to the front desk and you will have to respond in a timely manner. You can mention it may take some time, but it is essential to get back to them ASAP.

I learned a lot working at this hotel, as it gave me a greater understanding of high expectations to time management and resolving of concerns.

Day to day, you answer phones, make reservations, transfer calls, assist guests with their questions about the local area, assist guests if there is an issue to be resolved, work with fellow employees to ensure that the guests are taken care of, and always do it with a smile.

The Management is always on the ball if you keep them informed of any on-goings within the hotel. They will back up the Front Desk if they had to make a judgement call, and they are good about being professional when there is anything that needs to be spoken to about in private. The employees are friendly, kind and always willing to help out, and everyone is a team player.
Pros
flexible work hours, Friendly staff/working environment
Cons
permanent swing shift, little advancement
Great management team and staff
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 January 2014
I've been happy with my experience at the Courtyard by Marriott. Management in my department is very approachable and efficient. I learned a great deal about the hospitality industry through my time here. At times the job can be physically challenging; however, it is rewarding in the end. My co-workers are fantastic and the overall environment is very positive.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Physically demanding
I feel this company is a great place to work
Night Audit Lead (Former Employee) –  RiverCree Resort22 January 2014
I feel the Marriott is a very pleasant place to work. The leaders are very supportive and willing to help you when it is needed.
I enjoyed the co-workers and learn so much from other staff.
The hardest part of the job was working the night shift and adjusting to the hours.
The most enjoyable of the job was the guest and ensuring they had a pleasant stay with us and knowing they were going to return and stay with us more.
The staff and how well everyone got along and willing to help in difficult situations.
Pros
Transportation to work
Fun place to work , Productive
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2014
Performs housekeeping duties as needed , assigns rooms and duties to staff. creates schedule rosters and ensure that duties and responsibilities are carried out. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.

Want to know more about Marriott International, Inc.?

Ask a question
Room attendant
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2013
Part time-made beds,cleaned rooms
team work
management was good
co-workers were friendly
long hours of bending
meet all kinds of people
Pros
free food
Cons
Insufficent pay
this company was a great company to work at.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2013
I hope I can work back there since it is close to my house and they have a wonderful staff.
Lots of discount
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2013
Clean everything that is required of ud to clean....receive orders from the chef help the kichen as soul chef
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, Fun and Great Company with great benefits
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2013
Marriott is a great company with amazing culture. Benefits are really great as well.
Productive Environtment
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Minett, ON3 November 2013
The Marriott International, Inc. group is a wonderful company to be involved with. The training provided within each department is exceptional, allowing each employee to fully enjoy and take pride in the work that they do. The culture of people at the Marriott makes it exceptionally easy to garner lifelong friendships.
Pros
The people whom work there.
Fun place to work at.
Supervisor Auto Park (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2013
Good benefits and good people to work with. The customers can sometimes be very rude. Do not take it personal.
NIce place for the family and extended stays guests
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2013
Five days of works with no permanent day off.
I learned to work hard and needs to have patience
Management is excellent.
Co-workers are kind and friendly.
Cleaning rooms with longstay clients.
I enjoyed doing the beds.
Marriott was my training for my future.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 September 2013
I worked under a qualified chef, he was my mentor. The general Manager at the time sent me for many training courses to aid in my training, I moved up the ladder quickly, this job was the one to help choose my carrer.
Pros
Positive
Typical hospitality environment
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 September 2013
The Marriott group of companies has a fantastic culture and set of values. The property was absolutely beautiful and the staff were all wonderful people. Unfortunately, I found upper management to be lacking in professionalism. A leader is suppose to lead by example and I felt that the Marriott culture was fraudulent at this particular property. I have worked with/for much more respectable Managers.

The most difficult part of the job was working shifts and dealing front-line with the public for low pay. The same positions in surrounding towns/cities are paying at least $2.50/hr more. This trend isn't specific to this property though; I found most hotels and resorts in Kingston to be paying comparatively low wages.
I did enjoy working with such a wonderful and professional team of co-workers and I felt like part of a family for the time that I was there.
Pros
Beautiful property, abundant training, prestigious company, job security, transferability.
Cons
Unprofessional management, high turnover, low pay, shift work.
Was Ok,
Director of Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Qc.30 August 2013
I enjoyed the opening process and the work involved in getting the Hotel opened.
Cons
Low pay, no increases, management always changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location