Marriott International, Inc.
2,398 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2014
Good company to work for. Potential for increase in pay and good staff.
fun and creative place to work
SOUS CHEF, Bistro (Current Employee), west palm beachSeptember 15, 2014
i really enjoy this job. along with ala carte service we would do monthly wine pairing dinners and garden cookouts. my exec chef was very good to me and let me really take control of menu development ad instructing the cooks benieth me.
Best Place yo work
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Pune, MHSeptember 14, 2014
it is one of the best company to work with team of great professional.
I wouldn't recomend anyone to work here
Front Desk Clerk/ Guest Services Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2014
I don't have much to say about this company. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this company.
Comfortable office, fun people
Data Entry (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 12, 2014
Pros: lots of perks from hotels
Cons: healthcare
Easy work, sometimes stressful due to high volume, management can be unfair and very political. Coworkers are great, and the pay is good. The insurance benefits are too expensive.
Learn all aspects of IT with Marriott
Multi-Property Systems Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day working in IT for Marriott. It is exciting and ever changing so one must remain flexible and prepared for all challenges. Not only do you deal with break/fix technical support levels but you build/maintain servers, run backup/recovery, test high speed internet and work with internal/external customers on daily – more... processes or complex technical projects. You are relied upon to be the "technical voice of reasoning" for your properties. The hardest part of the job is managing deadlines but the most enjoyable is successfully completing a project. – less
A fun place to work. Never a dull moment : )
Guest Services- Front Desk (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare for ft 30hrs. tips. fun people
Cons: short breaks. hectic sometimes
Front desk can be a very stressful place sometimes. We are not only bosses and co-workers, but we are friends. We've learned to not take ourselves too seriously and always make time, at some point in the day, to decompress, and laugh a little together. After all, we're all in this together and we depend on each other and our guests, for the success – more... of our Company. – less
Marriott
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Good work place. Enjoy working in customer service. Management was fair.
The free night stays were great!
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHSeptember 11, 2014
This was a great place to start when seeking a career in hospitality management. The staff was very welcoming and warm. It was as if you were apart of a mini family. the warm cookies were a plus as well!
great
User Interface Designer Intern (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 11, 2014
Very friendly work environment
learned how to communicate with customers/clients
hours were very flexible
professional with friendly work atmosphere
Associate in conference and banquet department (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGSeptember 10, 2014
A great hotel to work for ,with having very good hotel policies for staff , good place to learn
Great Place to Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 10, 2014
Marriot Headquarters provided a fantastic opportunity to learn, develop and grow. Company also offers great employee perks and benefits.
Physical and Demanding
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Stanhope, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free breakfest, easy work, the physical aspect
Cons: healthcare, assigned boards, people calling off
Clean 12-15 rooms in 8 hours. A daily meeting in the morning at 930. Lunch Break is 30 minutes long. Working there i learned the demands of needing enough rooms to satisfy customers checking into the hotel, meaning needing to be quick but thorough and efficient. The management was decent, they were flexible with my schedule due to the fact i have a – more... 2 year old daughter. The hardest part of the job would be if the rooms were very messy and we were in need of all rooms assigned it takes longer then usual to get them back if very dirty. The most enjoyable part of the job was i worked alone most of the time, i got my work done in a timely manner with very few interruptions. – less
Great company culture!
Sales Administrator, Global Sales (Former Employee), Dubai, UAESeptember 10, 2014
Cons: associate hotel rates are usually never available
Marriott International is definitely a great learning experience. They really take care and appreciate the associates which is very rewarding. It is a company where executives and supervisors empower individuals to reach their full potential independently and as a team.
Hospitality at is best!
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 10, 2014
Marriott Hotels & Resorts celebrates the drive, focus, and resilience of their guests while focusing on exceptional service and genuine comfort!
Noble managment group did not have ethical standards
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Macon, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: unproductive leaders
The senior management lacked experience and the basic skills for
a hotel muchless a restaurant.
Twenty year old building
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to work with great people. There were 337 rooms. A full service hotel with restaurant. In house laundry. I was responsible all rooms, air handlers, chiller, and kitchen. All automated HVAC controls and fire systems.
A day at the WHI Family
Front Desk/Housekeeping Department (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: appreciation rewards
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work is of course greeting guest, getting your work assigned, and completing it at a decent time. I've learned to be a team player, I became better at multitasking. My co-workers are very pleasant company to be around, very positive energetic people, like myself. The hardest part of the job is having lots of work to do, while being – more... short staffed. It makes the day harder and longer, but teamwork is a plus so we manage to get by. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know guest personally. You soon learn their names, their pet names and they begin to feel like family. Also, getting good feedback, getting all 5 stars and having your name mentioned in a guests' survey. – less
I cleaned 15 rooms everday meeting hotel standards.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: health benefits, lunch, and all the incentives
Cons: very tedious work
I learned how to pay more attention to detail. I really enjoyed working there every body was so professional and hospitable. The hardest part of the job was completing 15 rooms in 7 1/2 hours. The most enjoyable part was meeting the guests.
gerat place to work
Front Desk Agent Concierge (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2014
checked guests in and out
took calls
transfered calls
night audit duties

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos