Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
violation of AA
Former RM (Former Employee), chicagoApril 9, 2014
Company is biased toward non majority. It's all about who knows whom
AWESOME MOST PLACE TO WORK
Engineer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 9, 2014
Pros: too many too mention
FANTASTIC place to work. The greatest place I have ever experienced. Although it really was White Lodging.
Good Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Muncie, INApril 9, 2014
Pros: see kids off to school.
Cons: not enough linen.
I loved working here. It was alot of hard work. Nice co-workers . You start at 9 am and work until you are done. Hardest part of job waiting on linen to put in rooms , had a shortage when I was there. I would love to work there again.I was there for ten years . Pay starts at minuim wages.
Great job without having a work/life balance.
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Franklin, TNApril 9, 2014
Pros: i enjoy my job, i love working with people, i like feeling a sense of accomplishment.
Cons: work/life balance
I manage about 20 people each day by preparing our game plan to be successful. I get everyone organized and assigned specific tasks to keep the operations running flawless. My co-worker around the hotel depend on my daily to make decisions and give advice about decisions within the hotel industry. The hardest part of my job is not being able to give – more... people what they want. In some instances we cannot give guests what they want because there is not justifiable reason to. The hotel is in the business making money, and trying to provide the best service. – less
Productive workplace but pay is low.
Resident Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), MarylandApril 9, 2014
Fast paced company with the opportunity to be promoted from within. Pay scales are extremely low and the benefits are marginally ok compared to other hospitality companies.
Best Place to work on earth
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Condado, PRApril 9, 2014
Pros: everything
Wonderful experience, Great ambience, Great Hotel, Grteat People.
Boring
Work Placement (Former Employee), Swansea, WLSApril 9, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: not much work to do
I did not enjoy working here for my work experience as there was not alot of work for me to do, I was mainly watching people do their job.
The staff were not very welcoming.
Nice properties
Assistant General Manager of Hotel Operations (Former Employee), Beckley, WVApril 8, 2014
Beautiful properties. Strong commitment to customer service. Business oriented. Amenities managed well
Close knit work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 8, 2014
I feel that working for Marriott is very enjoyable, they make you feel like family. A day at Marriott is mostly sitting on the phones taking calls (I work in the call center) ,depending on the call volume, there is no room for idle chit chat. Also at marriott the most important thing I learned from working there is patience because if you don't have – more... patience then handling the guest will be a bit difficult. but with the managers and co-worker there for support is easy to get back on track. – less
Restaurant, Bar, Room Service, Function Bar
Restaurant & Bars Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 8, 2014
Managing a Team of 32
Running operations day to day
Incharge of GSS and Revenues
Promotional & Incentive aspects
Great Professional Company
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 7, 2014
Typically the moment I get to work and clock in my GM would greet me. We would discus interesting things that have happened since my last day at work. After this I would make my way to the Front Desk, the employee working the shift before me would have the cash drawer balanced and ready to be checked again. A job at a hotel is a great thing to have. – more... You meet some awesome people and get to try to fix anything that you can to make them happy. My favorite part was the regulars. Every day I came to work I made sure to check for any and if I found that one of their preferences were not fulfilled I would do my best to adjust it to make them happy but not too much and upset housekeeping. A lot of times the hotel would oversell the rooms and we would fill up before I came to work. One of the hardest things I had to do was to tell someone that I didn't have any rooms left for them even though they already booked their room online but we made sure that we had found a room for them already, at no cost to the guest. – less
Very productive and room to advance
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch great health care
Great place to learn and grow. Many opportunities to move up and learn new areas of the hospitailty field. Managers always willing to teach and mentor.
Enjoyed the team
World Wide/Hawaii sales associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2014
Please review resume- will give further information during a potential interview.
The job that never ends
Cook II (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 6, 2014
Pros: good benifets
Cons: short break, paying for lunch, expensive heathcare
I love my job, but management picks favorites and they treat you like a slave. The most enjoyable part of my job is being creative and being good at what i do.The hardest part of my job is the long hours and trying not to eat everything.
Excellent company to work for
First Cook (Former Employee), Woburn, MAApril 5, 2014
Pros: room discount rates
I was part of the Culinary team. Excellent hours and Benifits. Great Co-workers.
a networking hive
Bellman (Former Employee), jacksonApril 5, 2014
Pros: very fun environment
Cons: n/a
my duties as an bellman was to ensure quality hospitality to the guest of the hotel.
Productive, busy, and exciting place to work
Senior Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDApril 4, 2014
A typical day at work is ongoing non-stop work. Intellectual Property for Marriott is always busy.
I have found that in IP related work, there is always something new to learn from trademark infringement to prosecution to filing new applications for trademarks.
The management staff is understanding and flexible.
My co-workers are a joy to work with – more... and they are always willing to teach what they know and are great team players.
The hardest part of the job are the "fires" (rush need for last minute) documents that happen frequently.
The most enjoyable part of the job is my day goes by extremely fast and there is always something to learn about the company from every department. I can find out something new about the company everyday by just talking to a colleague in another department. – less
What I learned
Front Desk (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJApril 4, 2014
I learned how to multi-task and be extremely helpful. I learned how to check in and check out guest. Learned how to work the switch board, and made me want to get a degree in business specializing in hospitality.
Secure job with a strong leadership team
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: hours, pay
Management is wonderful they like to promote from within perfect job if you are looking to move up in a company. Long hours I work 3;m-11pm shift and its hard to balance work and social life.
Fun workplace with a friendly enviornment
Housekeeping/Kitchen (Former Employee), Livonia, MIApril 2, 2014
I enjoyed every day that I went to work. I always learned something new and used my previous and new skills to get the job done.

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos