Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
demanding job
housekeeping (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioMarch 8, 2012
Pros: free soup for lunch everyday
Cons: demanding
they are very picky, not very nice people to work for. the only good thing is we get free leftover soup for lunch everyday
Best place I ever worked
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Ephraim, UtahDecember 18, 2014
• Maintained accurate records of all foods purchased and/or stored in a method to maintain in good standings with the Department of Health.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory of all kitchen supplies, payroll and accruals
• Responsible for ordering all food and supplies and adhering to an approved expense budget.
Fast Paced
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TxDecember 18, 2014
Pros: meeting people from around the world.
It was a great job if you like a business oriented, fast paced day.
Marriott International
DIRECTOR OF ROOMS AND GUEST OPERATIONS (Current Employee), Clearwater Beach, FLDecember 18, 2014
One of the Best Hospitality Brands in the World! I cannot wait for getting into Executive level of management.
Awesome people to work for
Station Attendant/ Cook (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, not too much overtime, people who are usually easy to work with
Cons: lower pay than most places for a cook in vegas
The work day is usually a typical 8 hour shift. Supervisors and Managers are easy to work with and with answer all questions. Co- workers can sometimes be difficult to work with if there are language barriers, but it is hard for them to find good people to work there because they pay 3-4 dollars less than any other cook job on the strip. Other departments – more... are usually easy to work with. – less
Great company to work for
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), VADecember 18, 2014
Pros: many benefits
Cons: non
Quality and friendly management, felt more like a family instead of work and caring for guests needs was very rewarding in knowledge
work place.
Sous chef (Former Employee), Houma, LADecember 17, 2014
Make orders
Clean
Good customer service
Team Work
Sanitation
Communication

There is no hard part about it. It is mainly repetition and memorization.
a lot of activty and the people are great and helpful
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2014
Pros: it was good
Cons: we would get like three breaks a day
The place is very clean the guests are very nice the bosses are awsome the people i work with were very good to me the cooks they did a great job in cooking for the guest.
Good corporation
Assistant General Manager/Old Hickory Steakhouse (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLDecember 17, 2014
Great opportunities for people that like to travel. Hotels all over the world. High class. Some resort offer great restaurants and also banquet facility.Great place for new graduates that want start in a big corporation and make it a carear.
funplace
Waitress (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 16, 2014
I had a wonderful time working with this company. I worked there for three years and I really enjoyed it. great benefits and just an all around great place to work. it was very fun and exciting to be in that type of environment.
great job
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 16, 2014
Great company GM is always in early in the morning to help out
they appreciate employees
they empower us
Good company to work for
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Would definitely be open to going back. Great culture and management. Company likes to promote from within, so there is growth opportunity. Pay could be better (as with a lot of jobs unfortunately).
productive and fun place to work at
Maintenance Man/Housekeeper (Current Employee), Salida, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, free lunch
Meeting new people everyday, Great place to work, friendly staff, party every week, co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is cleaning.
Fun workplace and enjoyable environment
Customer/Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good discounts on rooms
Cons: no breaks, your reliever may be late at times
-Nice and productive workplace. Job includes handing guest issues, check-in/out process, team management skills, communication skills, and strong training skills.

-I have learned how to become a better leader working as a front desk agent. I have also learned ho to build and sustain relationships, manage multiple priorities, lead change,
demonstrate – more... focus on customers and drive for results while assisting with check in/check-out service,
personally demonstrate a commitment to guest service by responding to guest needs and concerns,
superior people and leadership skills along with excellent communication skills

-My management team were AWESOME! Always stayed on each and every task.

-Co-workers were very family oriented. My slogan for a hotel is "only the strong survives"

-The hardest part of my job would have to be multitasking guests complaints as well as sales.

-The most enjoyable part of my job would be the guests/people! I really enjoy talking and interacting with people. – less
Current Job Discrition
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 14, 2014
I am a disciplined and focused individual who has always preformed well. My current employer commends my efficiency, dedication to my work and excellent leadership skills. I believe leadership is not a position or title, it is action and example.

I am confident that my strong work ethic, years of experience as a current Chief Engineer and passion for – more... the industry would make me a valuable employee.

I take great pride in my work. I don't feel I have a job description as I wear many hats through out the day. I have always worked for others the way I would want someone to work for me. On a typical day I do anything from fixing a microwave, working on an HVAC, to painting.

I supervise 3-4 maintenance at any given time. I attempt to find their strengths and assist where they are struggling. I understand that our team is only as good as our weakest member. – less
Great people, Great service
Cook II (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, great talented people
Cons: long hours, low pay
My experience at The Marriott was a growing experience. I honed some needed skills and had the opportunity to work with a great staff and upcoming chef. Long hours and creative menus.
Nice company to work with.
Food & Beverage Executive (Current Employee), Kochi, KLDecember 14, 2014
I learn a lot@ marriott ..
Working as a number two for the food and beverage department
Working as Food and Beverage Executive for the Momo cafe, MoMo to you
Responsible for all the food and beverage outlets at the hotel including banqueting.
Getting Amezing experiance of hospitality
one of the best thing in marriot our culture.
na
Front Desk Representative/Part-Time Bistro Server (Current Employee), Foxborough, MADecember 13, 2014
management is not the best, I have had a hard time trying to move up being in the hotel that i am in now. Marriott is a great company to work for and you can meet different people all the time
Decent place
Houseman (Former Employee), Southern Pines, NCDecember 13, 2014
The type of work I was doing for the amount of pay was not for me, however my coworkers where really nice to work with.
Diamond is a great manager
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 13, 2014
Diamond is a great manager, and the Marriott is a great company to work for.

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos