Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

great place to meet new people.
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2013
A typical day for me usually begins with setting up the buffet line for our breakfast service followed by replinishing items such as plates, cutlery and food items when necessary. I would also clean tables too. My day usually ends by cleaning up the tables, removing the food items from the buffet line, preparing the food items for the next day. I learned how to organize my time wisely, the importance of team work and communicating with a variety of worldly guest. The most enjoyable part of my job is the time i spend talking and getting to know the guest.
Pros
building contacts with guest.
Cons
repetitive task
Team work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Calgary/Downtown5 February 2013
I clean the Washroom,make the bed, high dusting,dusting,mop the floor, vacuum and etc.

I learn a lot things about our daily's job.

The management : no problem they are fair.

About co-workers we are helping each other like a team work.

the hardest part of the job : so far nothing

For me the most enjoyable job is team work helping each other.and every morning we do exercise all the housekeeping department..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometime's long hour
Fun at work place and very cooperative & helpful staff.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 August 2015
It was a very nice working environment. Work mates were helpful to each other. Personally I had an nice experience and got to learn different things and learn to deal with different problems.
Pros
Meal was provided during shift hours and unlimited beverages.
Great Team work
Administrative & Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton5 July 2015
Working at the Marriott has built my confidence in who I am and what I can accomplish.

My day has challenges never the same learning to love the accounting aspect and would like to learn more with all areas.

My co-workers are friends and are very special to me.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
there are none
I feel this company is a great place to work
Night Audit Lead (Former Employee) –  RiverCree Resort22 January 2014
I feel the Marriott is a very pleasant place to work. The leaders are very supportive and willing to help you when it is needed.
I enjoyed the co-workers and learn so much from other staff.
The hardest part of the job was working the night shift and adjusting to the hours.
The most enjoyable of the job was the guest and ensuring they had a pleasant stay with us and knowing they were going to return and stay with us more.
The staff and how well everyone got along and willing to help in difficult situations.
Pros
Transportation to work
Call centre environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 August 2015
At the Marriott I answered calls and answered questions about hotel facilities and went through prices and perks of hotels used for either business or pleasure. I enjoy working with the public and I enjoyed the co-workers.
One of the worst hotels to work for in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 August 2014
Management is horrible in that they do not address employee problems. The unionization is a joke. Pay is low. Demands of work due to severe understaffing are ridiculous. Front Office manager gossips about her staff and is extremely rude and unprofessional.
Pros
Discounts on Marriotts worldwide.
Cons
Everything else.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 May 2015
The job was fairly easy. For the most part the biggest benefit was the significant hotel discount provided as an employee of the company. I found that scheduling was fairly flexible. At the Sarnia location your only task was to make reservations so for the most part it was fairly easy and customers were content.
Pros
Signficant employee discount
Cons
Still a call centre
A good team, with great management.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2013
I enjoyed working for Marriott International, Inc, for the reasons of good co workers, great management. Every single person on my team were good people with great skills and manners. I enjoyed meeting up with the team and management before every shift. This showed that management cared and respected our thoughts and attributes.
Awesome place to work...too bad there is a union
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury16 January 2013
I worked with the company for almost 2 yrs and it was the best job I have ever had. I have always worked in hotels, and by far this was the best. If there was no union I would still be there. The management team is fantastic.
Pros
flexible with hours. great management team
Cons
union
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 January 2013
A good sense of accomplishment when booking hotels and helping our customers with their specific needs , and also Marriott has several incentives in place which reward this type of employee performance.
Pros
very good work culture environment
Cons
very challenging to get daytime hours of work, stuck on evening shifts
Productive Environtment
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Minett, ON3 November 2013
The Marriott International, Inc. group is a wonderful company to be involved with. The training provided within each department is exceptional, allowing each employee to fully enjoy and take pride in the work that they do. The culture of people at the Marriott makes it exceptionally easy to garner lifelong friendships.
Pros
The people whom work there.
Productive Great place to work
Manager on Duty (Current) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Marriott26 October 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is making my staff happy and taking care of all guest making sure that my staff and my hotel as a whole meets the guest expectations. Customers Service relation is my passion I enjoy helping other and putting a smile on every guest face making them happy. It there is a issue i certainly believe in first contact reslotion so i definetly take care of my client upon first contact.
Pros
i am empowered to take care of my guest so that they happy
Cons
long hour
Good place to start out
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 April 2013
If you are just starting out this is a good place to work.

The Co-workers were enjoyable to work with, and the management was decent.

A typical day for myself would be to come in for 5am and set up the line for breakfast and to create the daily Lunch special, as well to help out with the buffet and do deserts when required.
Great Employees, Great Workplace
Sales & Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2014
As an intern, I was treated very well and had a great team to work with. Even though my work term was short, the members of the team greeted me with open arms and all members of the Marriott team made a point to welcome me and befriend me. It truly was a great company culture and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the hotel environment.
We have a play station to excerise
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB22 April 2014
It was kind of fun most of the time.
I learn how to finish my job in time.
Management was not too bad,some supervisor was a bit fussy.
The hardest part of the job was holiday time some room could be very dirty.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when we have meeting.
It is a different world
Maintenance Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto31 March 2014
It was our live life to discover. We were passionate about our service, We've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. This was not just a place to spend the day, this was a place to discover, a place in the world with our style and our magic touch.
Pros
Personal development through work in a team
Cons
rotation of shifts
Wonderful Company to work for.
Supervisor of dining room and housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 September 2014
Wonderful Company to work for. I loved the atmosphere and the management and staff are very nice. It's like a family there when you are at work.
it was an ok place t work
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 October 2012
it was an ok first job to work at the people were great work with there..
Pros
the were free lunches
Cons
they were good hours always 8 hour shifts..
I did like working there. They moved the reservations that I was working in at the time moved to Fredriction
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 March 2013
I would anwser the phones and make reservations for people from all over the wold. For a 1 and a half I worked in the laundry . I did like that job as well . I got along with all of my co-workers as well. It was very heavy work. The best part of the job was working with my co-workers
Pros
the hours
Cons
heavy work