Marriott International, Inc.
2,594 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a good place for networking.
Guest Service Clerk (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: very part time, always working on holidays.
This was a part time job to help with the family finances until I could get a job in the Medical Billing field.
Great Place to work
Bistro attendant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2014
This Job was amazing from benefits to staff working with me.
Great Place to work and build life long friendships
I had to be at work at 5 in the morning until around 12(noon)/1 PM depending on if we were scheduled a luncheon.
Great
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MINovember 17, 2014
Great company easy to work for. online training that makes it easy to advance
Marriott International
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Stapleton Courtyard by MarriottNovember 15, 2014
An awesome company to work for. A top 50 company. One can't go wrong working for Marriott.
Very poor compensation for unpredictable hours, on call 24/7/365
Housekeeping/Operations/Events Manager (Current Employee), Earth City, MONovember 15, 2014
Pros: consistantly outstanding individuals hired.
Cons: atrocious "compensation", unreliable hours/scheduling
The people you work with are quite simply, the best. Marriott has a gift drawing in good people and training them quickly. Very great group of motivated individuals.
However, due to the industry itself, in any form of managment position you are on call 24/7. Every day of the year. Scheduling often makes building relationships impossible outside of work – more... or to spend any amount of quality time with family or friends. Hours constantly changing from week to week and even day to day in many cases leaves most employees burnt out within a few months and looking for something new. This allows much movement within the company on a property level, but sacrafices stability of staffing.
On top of ridiculous, ever changing hours, the compensation for giving up so much is absolutely pathetic. If compensation was even close to fair, many individuals employed on the property level would take second thought of leaving. But as it stands now when you burn out in this industy for this company there is nothing to stop anyone from running for the hills, because even that pays better. – less
Its nice company,i got good oppurtunity
commis chef (Former Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free meal in buffet
Cons: i got over time, so i was earn money lot
Its wounder full brand ,i would like to work here
Everyone working together ,i like this
i got good experience this branch
good work palce and team
Engineering associate (Current Employee), Kochi, KLNovember 15, 2014
 Function as primary support toEngineering Executive and Chief Engineer
 Procurement, Planning, management, execution and testing & Commissioning of Diesel Generators, Transformers, Air circuit Breakers, Vacuum circuit Breakers, HVAC System (Central AC Plant& Split AC), HT/ LT Panels, Fire fighting and fire detectionSystem &Lifts.
Great Place to work
Line Cook/Prep Breakfast (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 14, 2014
I enjoyed making omelets for customers while they watched and was able to make my famous french toast yummy.
Productive work environment and friendley co-workers
Preventative Maintenance technician (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 14, 2014
It was a great job and I learned a lot. My job consisted of restoring hotel rooms back to their original state and maintaining all safety.
Good work culture
Did training in hotel Marriott currently a student (Current Employee), ChandigarhNovember 12, 2014
During my training at marriott i learned how to work under workload. I would like to work further with marriott group.
fast paced but very fun to work for and very busy.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fast paced and friendly co workers
Cons: alot of rooms everyday and was alot to remember to do
i came in to work at 9 am and my day wouldnt end until 3 or 4 pm. i learned the marriott fold that they use to fold the bed and the t-p. i learned that if a guest finds a hair any were in the bathroom or the kitchen they could get there room becomes on the house. management was sometime be very rude and up type sometimes. but i understand that there – more... not there to be your friend. my co workers were very friendly and helpful. they were very understanding while training me in my position. the hardest part of that job was when i got put on my own for the first time. it was hard work. and very fast paced. the best part was pay day. – less
Wonderful Company for people who love to help people
Gate House Attendant (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: good benifits, enjoyable work
Cons: poor managment, extremely hard to request days off
I typically worked alone and so I learned a lot about time management and how to get things done quickly and effectively.
Because it was a Residence Inn I was able to get to know a lot of the Guests very well and enjoyed seeing them every morning to hear about their days at the Hotel.
When I was hired we had a wonderful team. The team I was a part of – more... actually opened the Hotel. We did everything from making the beds in every room to peeling all the stickers off the hundreds of brand new dishes that were to be used in the rooms and the main kitchen. Sadly Management changed after a few months and the new Management didn't have the same aspirations and goals as the previous set, which I feel is what set us apart from a lot of places. Though my co-workers were like a family to me. We knew about each others lives and troubles outside of work, and often went to each other for support. I often gave rides to and from work for some of my co-workers because they had lost the ability to use their car.
I would say the hardest part of my job was the new Management. We didn't often see eye to eye on how the kitchen had to be maintained and when I asked for things that the kitchen needed it was like jumping through hoops to get them. Everything was like pulling teeth to get things done.
The best part of my job was the people. I loved to see the Guests everyday and I loved to interact with them during meal times. I often made things that weren't on the menu for those who had special diets. I love the feeling of being able to feed others, and that's why I loved my job so much. – less
productive job
Room Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch, safe place to work
Cons: when co workers keep calling in
Enjoyed being productive with co-workers. I learned hard work can lead to promotion and towards management.
fun place to work
Banquet Set-up (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good lunch, make friends
Cons: management lets you know you are replaceable
meet new people everyday, 2 dollar lunch, free coffee.
management can be hard, but if you do your work properly its ok.
Productive Sales Position
Sales Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Yuma, AZNovember 11, 2014
Work daily was interaction with guests and potential guests. Enjoyable job
My experience at The Marriott
Line Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GANovember 11, 2014
Overall My experience with the Marriott was wonderful I enjoyed my co workers . I am a fast learner and I love the challenge being able to prepare meals and cakes in a short order time. The management was fair no complaints. I love looking at my art as a bake beautiful cakes and pies.
Great management
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), Lincoln, NENovember 11, 2014
This hotel was amazing to work at. The hours were manageable, the management was skilled, and I had fun with my coworkers.
good
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 11, 2014
Working for the Marriott company was good. I had never worked in a hotel setting until I started at the Marriott. I learned how to really deep clean, fold linen a certain way that it was fancy. The hardest part of the job was cleaning rooms that had been completely destroyed by guests. The enjoyable part of the job was meeting all kinds of different – more... people fro0m all over the world. – less
Good and positively fun
Residence Inn Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: good and positive interactions in a hotel
Cons: short breaks
Being productive with guests and clients. Interactions with the Nurses and Pharmacies. Help manage my time with other room attendants and management on a daily basis.
Good company
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 11, 2014
Pros: nice people, fun experience, learning a lot.
Cons: lack of work ethic in certain employees make it very hard to complete the daily tasks, as well as being able to give the guests needs with good customer service.
I appreciate my time in the Marriott, I do enjoy my job. I believe this is a wonderful company and a person can go very far with the company, but do to certain complications it becomes hard.

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos