Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great management team and staff
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 January 2014
I've been happy with my experience at the Courtyard by Marriott. Management in my department is very approachable and efficient. I learned a great deal about the hospitality industry through my time here. At times the job can be physically challenging; however, it is rewarding in the end. My co-workers are fantastic and the overall environment is very positive.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Physically demanding
I feel this company is a great place to work
Night Audit Lead (Former Employee) –  RiverCree Resort22 January 2014
I feel the Marriott is a very pleasant place to work. The leaders are very supportive and willing to help you when it is needed.
I enjoyed the co-workers and learn so much from other staff.
The hardest part of the job was working the night shift and adjusting to the hours.
The most enjoyable of the job was the guest and ensuring they had a pleasant stay with us and knowing they were going to return and stay with us more.
The staff and how well everyone got along and willing to help in difficult situations.
Pros
Transportation to work
Fun place to work , Productive
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2014
Performs housekeeping duties as needed , assigns rooms and duties to staff. creates schedule rosters and ensure that duties and responsibilities are carried out. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Room attendant
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2013
Part time-made beds,cleaned rooms
team work
management was good
co-workers were friendly
long hours of bending
meet all kinds of people
Pros
free food
Cons
Insufficent pay
this company was a great company to work at.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2013
I hope I can work back there since it is close to my house and they have a wonderful staff.
Lots of discount
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2013
Clean everything that is required of ud to clean....receive orders from the chef help the kichen as soul chef
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, Fun and Great Company with great benefits
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2013
Marriott is a great company with amazing culture. Benefits are really great as well.
Productive Environtment
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Minett, ON3 November 2013
The Marriott International, Inc. group is a wonderful company to be involved with. The training provided within each department is exceptional, allowing each employee to fully enjoy and take pride in the work that they do. The culture of people at the Marriott makes it exceptionally easy to garner lifelong friendships.
Pros
The people whom work there.
Fun place to work at.
Supervisor Auto Park (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2013
Good benefits and good people to work with. The customers can sometimes be very rude. Do not take it personal.
NIce place for the family and extended stays guests
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2013
Five days of works with no permanent day off.
I learned to work hard and needs to have patience
Management is excellent.
Co-workers are kind and friendly.
Cleaning rooms with longstay clients.
I enjoyed doing the beds.
Marriott was my training for my future.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 September 2013
I worked under a qualified chef, he was my mentor. The general Manager at the time sent me for many training courses to aid in my training, I moved up the ladder quickly, this job was the one to help choose my carrer.
Pros
Positive
Typical hospitality environment
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 September 2013
The Marriott group of companies has a fantastic culture and set of values. The property was absolutely beautiful and the staff were all wonderful people. Unfortunately, I found upper management to be lacking in professionalism. A leader is suppose to lead by example and I felt that the Marriott culture was fraudulent at this particular property. I have worked with/for much more respectable Managers.

The most difficult part of the job was working shifts and dealing front-line with the public for low pay. The same positions in surrounding towns/cities are paying at least $2.50/hr more. This trend isn't specific to this property though; I found most hotels and resorts in Kingston to be paying comparatively low wages.
I did enjoy working with such a wonderful and professional team of co-workers and I felt like part of a family for the time that I was there.
Pros
Beautiful property, abundant training, prestigious company, job security, transferability.
Cons
Unprofessional management, high turnover, low pay, shift work.
Was Ok,
Director of Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Qc.30 August 2013
I enjoyed the opening process and the work involved in getting the Hotel opened.
Cons
Low pay, no increases, management always changing.
Reservation Agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 August 2013
I really liked working there I the discount for the rooms was great the health benefits were awesome it is too bad that they closed the call center here in Fredericton
Nightmare
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 August 2013
Marriott preaches that they are not a call center, but they are. Typical call center life, low pay, high stress, high expectations and no adequate compensation. You can be in their top sales, and still the management will brow beat you because it is not enough.

Marriott management is just awful, the less work they do, the better they think they are. They do not look out for their employees, or the best interests of their employees, even when illegal activities are occurring. The prior management was incredible however the current management who took over flushed Marriott down the toilet as being a decent employer. To simplify, there used to be standards to even get an interview much less a job there, now they'll take anyone who can write a resume!
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Long list, the travel savings arent worth it
great place to meet new people.
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2013
A typical day for me usually begins with setting up the buffet line for our breakfast service followed by replinishing items such as plates, cutlery and food items when necessary. I would also clean tables too. My day usually ends by cleaning up the tables, removing the food items from the buffet line, preparing the food items for the next day. I learned how to organize my time wisely, the importance of team work and communicating with a variety of worldly guest. The most enjoyable part of my job is the time i spend talking and getting to know the guest.
Pros
building contacts with guest.
Cons
repetitive task
Great company to work with
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2013
Hospitality industry does not sleep, odd hours, loved helping people having best vacation and work related stays
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
hours
Worst experience ever
Marriott Event Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 July 2013
I relocated from Calgary to Halifax for a supervisor position and at first it seemed like a dream job. Shortly after realizing that management were absolutely crazy, unreasonable, unorganized, and unprofessional I realized I made a terrible mistake. The stress level was unbelievable and totally unnecessary! Worst employer ever! Don't ever relocate for them for gods sake whatever you do trust me! The pay was good at first glance and the benefits were good but not worth it in the slightest.
Pros
Wage and benefits seemed good
Cons
Worst management ever!
Love the free food
Accounting Assistance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 July 2013
Is a good work environment. Learned lot of new things. Co workers were helpful.
Pros
Free meals
A good team, with great management.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2013
I enjoyed working for Marriott International, Inc, for the reasons of good co workers, great management. Every single person on my team were good people with great skills and manners. I enjoyed meeting up with the team and management before every shift. This showed that management cared and respected our thoughts and attributes.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location