Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

poor
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls22 September 2014
Manager had no people skills. When I called in to say I couldn't make my shifts because of a death in the family, she said "Do you know how difficult this makes it for me?" Appalling.
Wonderful Company to work for.
Supervisor of dining room and housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 September 2014
Wonderful Company to work for. I loved the atmosphere and the management and staff are very nice. It's like a family there when you are at work.
Great place to work. Lots of incentives
Reservation agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 August 2014
Great place to work. Lots of support if needed. Incentives were great. Pay was competitive.
One of the worst hotels to work for in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 August 2014
Management is horrible in that they do not address employee problems. The unionization is a joke. Pay is low. Demands of work due to severe understaffing are ridiculous. Front Office manager gossips about her staff and is extremely rude and unprofessional.
Pros
Discounts on Marriotts worldwide.
Cons
Everything else.
Internship
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2014
This was a great opportunity to work in a corporate setting and gain experience as an intern.
Worst place to work Courtyard By Marriott Edmonton west.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Edmonton WEST12 July 2014
Never safe at work, zero safe work practice , egoistic management ,arrogant owners, ZERO job safety. No appreciation. Foreign workers are made to work for free after 8 hours shift. No raises to any staff after few years of hard work. The worse place to work I have seen so far in my 20 years of Chef carrier
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Lots to say and proved by each staff who works here, cant fit in 2 million words
DON'T! DON'T work here!!
Former Marriott Slave (Former Employee) –  Halifax Residence Inn7 July 2014
If you want to do the job of 3 people, have absolutely no help from anyone and be constantly overwhelmed by trying to accomplish your tasks while management looks on without pitching in then this is the job for you. Poor wages for the work you do, absolutely insane management as they berate you for not being able to do the impossible and no guarantee of hours makes this one of the worst employers in Halifax. Look elsewhere. Even fast food would be better then this place.
Pros
NOTHING!!!
Cons
No help even though the managers office looks out to the dining area. Too much work for one person.
Excellent job
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2014
I started at the Marriott as a server and moved my way up to barrister
to food and beverage manger.

I learned the way hotels work from different position from a union employee to non union employee.

All the staff at the Marriott are amazing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the growth inside the hotel. Dealing with guest and ensuring they get the service the are looking for but exceeding their expectations.

The hardest part of the job was leaving the job.Management and staff are great.
Pros
Excellent job
Great employee perks
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 June 2014
Long term stay property. Enjoyed getting to know and understand the guests as well as guest needs.Prepared me for my career in hospitality.
Great Employees, Great Workplace
Sales & Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2014
As an intern, I was treated very well and had a great team to work with. Even though my work term was short, the members of the team greeted me with open arms and all members of the Marriott team made a point to welcome me and befriend me. It truly was a great company culture and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the hotel environment.
fun place to work and always learned something new everyday!
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 June 2014
Working there was by far the most rewarding, fun, loving, caring, professional place I have ever worked at. The employees, management, the boss, just EVERYONE were amazing to work around/for. And having the oppurtunity to talk to many different people all over the world, was an amazing experience for me.
Pros
Incentives, pineapple diamonds(customers wanted to speak to my supervisor to tell them how well I did), meet people from Marriott Hotels, have chances to win a free night stays at Marriott Hotels
Cons
There were none!
One of the best Employers in the world
FIRST COOK (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2014
-One of the best Employers in the world
-Freedom of Expression
-great co-workers
-amazing management, they do listen to us.
-work life balance is there
-progress is certain if the hard work is evident
Pros
you can be your self
Overall a good company
Reservation Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, Ont26 May 2014
overall it is a basic call center life, the management team is highly professional, and will do everything in their power to help you reach goals and advancements. i would definitely recommend them as an employer
We have a play station to excerise
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB22 April 2014
It was kind of fun most of the time.
I learn how to finish my job in time.
Management was not too bad,some supervisor was a bit fussy.
The hardest part of the job was holiday time some room could be very dirty.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when we have meeting.
Day at work
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary6 April 2014
-assist guest check in and check out
- handle cash and credit car record
- basic accounting and booking of hotel
fun place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2014
this place is giving very less salary for the supervisor, then make them work for long hours
Pros
free coffee
It is a different world
Maintenance Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto31 March 2014
It was our live life to discover. We were passionate about our service, We've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. This was not just a place to spend the day, this was a place to discover, a place in the world with our style and our magic touch.
Pros
Personal development through work in a team
Cons
rotation of shifts
Very Interesting
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2014
I was in charge of the save keeping of bags or luggage. I also, booked limos or taxi's for the customers and sent out packages if it was requested.
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
Costumer focused enviroment
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta23 February 2014
The typical day consists of tending to the guests many need and going above and beyond what would be typically expected. I've learned my different aspects of serving and how to handle and solve any situation. Management is more hands on, and will help out whenever needed. Co-workers typically have been there for many years and are vary familiar. The hardest part of the job is the constant demand of flexibility of scheduling, and being able to wrap a personal life around it. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the guest and getting to know them better.
Pros
Free food, good benifits
Cons
Demanding hours, Taking on extra responsibilities
Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL16 February 2014
I work three distinct jobs within Marriott: front desk, night audit, and maintenance. For the most part, these jobs include a large emphasis on guest relations and being "the face of the company." Throughout my experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott, I have learned a lot about how the computer systems for Marriott properties operate, how the financial information is updated into the company's database, valuable lessons from guest service interactions, and the importance of communication in the workplace. I have also trained others employees in how to work the front desk and night audit positions.

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job- the customer interactions. We receive a lot of business travelers, who are often overworked, stressed out, and cannot catch a break. Sometimes it is difficult to assist an unhappy guest, but at the same time it is a blessing to be able to fix the situation and maybe be the one bright spot that our guest had all day.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location