Marriott International, Inc.
2,248 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company with a great culture.
Marriott Associate (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTNovember 27, 2012
Typical day includes system maintenance, reservation checks, billing instructions, credit checks, delegation of duties and responsibility of duty manager while on shift.
I was part of the team to open the first Residence Inn in the UK. I helped hire the front desk team and make decisions that reflect the current running of the business.
Productive Great place to work
Manager on Duty (Current) (Former Employee), Edmonton MarriottOctober 26, 2012
Pros: i am empowered to take care of my guest so that they happy
Cons: long hour
The most enjoyable part of my job is making my staff happy and taking care of all guest making sure that my staff and my hotel as a whole meets the guest expectations. Customers Service relation is my passion I enjoy helping other and putting a smile on every guest face making them happy. It there is a issue i certainly believe in first contact reslotion – more... so i definetly take care of my client upon first contact. – less
i had fun working with my co-workers
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: had great free lunches..
loved the people i worked with just didnt want to do it as a life career.
it was an ok place t work
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 15, 2012
Pros: the were free lunches
Cons: they were good hours always 8 hour shifts..
it was an ok first job to work at the people were great work with there..
Fun, challenging and exciting place to work
Sr. Event Manager New Orleans Marriott (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 9, 2012
I am truly grateful for the opportunities I have experienced at the New Orleans Marriott. I began and advanced my career over the past 12+ years at this property. It is uniquely challenging and rewarding in that the volume never slows, but the clients that we work with are some of the largest and most respected companies/associations in the world.
Made some life long friends when I worked there
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: worked with some great people
Cons: low pay
Learned fantastic customer service skills and enjoyed many great training sessions and social gatherings. I did not like the atmosphere and sitting in a chair for 8 hours.

truthteller – December 3, 2012

Your comment is correct Marriott had a lot of gatherings, meals,and training on customer service. I can say when i was done at this call center in Sarnia it was terrible the training was all about pushing marriott credit cards on people that did not want them, making sure you did not sell other brands on calls which in a company as big as marriott makes no sense. Why try to sell 2 rooms with two beds in each when you have a family that wants a room for 5 and you have it next door at another marriott? O and i forgot to mention you can only request 2 rooms together so your kids might not be next door or near by. All this did was make people hang up on you and instead of calling the other marriott they called the competition. Great hotels, great staff at the locations but the call center is dismal marriott really needs to look at management and see what is going on in there its a shame that people booking 5 star hotels which require a credit card need to be bombarded with credit card offers. literally before i was done i had a trainer there tell me to "ask if anyone in the room wants a marriott credit card". This place turned into a joke that is only interested in making fast credit card application money instead of the OLD GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE BRINGS PEOPLE BACK.... mr marriott Sr would be rolling in his grave if he seen the way people are being treated.

its good
HOUSKEEPING & LAUNDRY (Current Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 30, 2012
for me im ok with my position that sometimes as a laundry, breakfast coordinator or a housekeeper.
co-workers were friendly.
nothing is hard working at the hotel.
if you have tips from our guest...
overall as a fresher a gud experience
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Chandigarh, CHAugust 27, 2012
Pros: theme based lunches
Cons: long hours
I want to feel the real international experience , I Learned alot but dats not enough . Co workers were nice ,hardest part was shortage of staff n i enjoyed talkin to guests and the getogether we used to have in our hotel.
Great place to work, only seasonal
Night Maid (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 23, 2012
Pros: free lunch/dinner, great work environment
Cons: seasonal
Working at the courtyard was a great experience. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Management was always around to listen and offer advice. My coworkers were a great group of people who I enjoyed to be around. The job consisted of room calls and cleaning of the hotel. Interacting with guests and helping them to their satisfaction always – more... put a smile on my face. – less
night shift
Chef de partie (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
this is the best company i have ever worked
global presence in world
Something New n Exciting everyday
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2012
II gett to see a 1000 new faces everytime ii workk! Helps me get to work, knowing im gonna have funn while im there. I Love My Jobb!
Productive Workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 24, 2012
busy workplace
good management
nice co-workers
during winter time
summer time
First job i got after leaving Disney World.Got the Executive Chef position there and as it was a new Hotel, i hired Staff, design menus from inception
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Home base-TrinidadJuly 14, 2012
Pros: got trained overseas, did task force work in 4 different countries
Cons: change of gm
Great experience.Worked from 9AM-10PM 6 DAYS A WEEK.Management was initially great,due to a new Hotel starting up.The most challenging part of the job was cooking for banquets for up to 600persons,due to the size of the kitchen.I entered a lot of competitions and gained a lot of positive media coverage for the Hotel
Training and people development
supervisor (Former Employee), Beirut, LebanonJune 20, 2012
outstanding Training.
Team work and motivated satff.
EEO and fair treatment.
long hours of work with good mood and internal guests satisfaction.
productive and fun workplace
service captain (Former Employee), Doha, DAWJune 2, 2012
Pros: free meals 3 times a day
Cons: long hours, no day off
productive and fun workplace,learned a lot of things which can be very useful not only in the work but in everyday of the days of your life,environment was friendly and have a strong team work,hardest part of the job is having a banquet service almost everyday but its enjoyable.
its a brand company and every process has its own guidelines.
chef de partie (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 14, 2012
its too hectic to work in this place.
about learning we had a huge breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet, all occasions are celebrated with cheer and lot of concentration on food display...
the management is really helpful but their completion of work is very slow.
values of the company is really good so the people hired are really gr8 and good to work – more... with.
i enjoyed working here a lot because i have learned here beyond expectations. – less
lots of perks with this company
Bellmen and Valet (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 25, 2012
making sure the place is safe for guests and staff, the hardest part is the graveyard shifts.
Great place to work it is fun and you meet great people
Customer Service room attendnt (Former Employee), Niagara Falls OnApril 10, 2012
I have learned quite alot from this place of employment, but they do not give you a chance for advancement,I worked there for six years and the only way you advance if someone quits or they get fired. Management is awsome co workers are great but the most enjoyable part of my job was attending to my guests needs. I enjoyed every person that came to – more... my rooms and complimented me on such a great job I had done and I looked forward to go to work everyday just to see the smiles on thier faces. The hardest part of my job was leaving the Marriott for good, I loved it there but it was time to move on. – less
no was not productive
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), niagara falls onApril 3, 2012
Pros: 30 minutes for lunch
Cons: 8 hrs only
my work was the front desk checking inn customers and checking out customers,
Great Place
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), IllinoisJuly 26, 2014
Provides a great atmosphere where one can leaner and continually grow. A typical day at work would usually consist of 12-14 hours. The hardest part of the job is overcoming an obstacle of the hotel's as a group. Although, once you and your team achieves that goal, it sets you on the map and becomes the most enjoyable part of the job.

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos