Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun and Interactive Workplace
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 June 2015
- Check in guest, Answer phone calls, deal with inquiries and make reservations
- Interact with guests
- Report to management about any issues
- Multitask
- Pass on important messages to my co workers
Great place to work, only seasonal
Night Maid (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 August 2012
Working at the courtyard was a great experience. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Management was always around to listen and offer advice. My coworkers were a great group of people who I enjoyed to be around. The job consisted of room calls and cleaning of the hotel. Interacting with guests and helping them to their satisfaction always put a smile on my face.
Pros
free lunch/dinner, great work environment
Cons
seasonal
Good Workplace but Seasonal Layoff
Guest Services/ Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 May 2015
Good workplace with free lunch but its a seasonal with layoff in winter. Management is good and helpful. Overall an OK experience
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Seasonal LAYOFF
Marriott - Toronto
Front Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2013
This was the first hotel I ever worked for and loved it. Very fast paced work environment. While with the company I was able to learn and get a complete understanding of the hospitality industry. The hardest thing about this position was trying to manage work/life balance.The most enjoyable part was the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
great discounts on all of their marriott hotels.
Great management team and staff
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 January 2014
I've been happy with my experience at the Courtyard by Marriott. Management in my department is very approachable and efficient. I learned a great deal about the hospitality industry through my time here. At times the job can be physically challenging; however, it is rewarding in the end. My co-workers are fantastic and the overall environment is very positive.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Physically demanding
Team work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Calgary/Downtown5 February 2013
I clean the Washroom,make the bed, high dusting,dusting,mop the floor, vacuum and etc.

I learn a lot things about our daily's job.

The management : no problem they are fair.

About co-workers we are helping each other like a team work.

the hardest part of the job : so far nothing

For me the most enjoyable job is team work helping each other.and every morning we do exercise all the housekeeping department..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometime's long hour
Great People, Good and Reliable Organisation.
Good position (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 August 2015
It will really be a great honour for me, if I could be given an opportunity to work with this reputable organisation and to prove myself with my abilities and add more success to the growth of the company.

Thank you.
Amarachi Joe
Am a good Nigerian from a good christian background. My facebook contact name is Amarachi Joe.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 January 2013
A good sense of accomplishment when booking hotels and helping our customers with their specific needs , and also Marriott has several incentives in place which reward this type of employee performance.
Pros
very good work culture environment
Cons
very challenging to get daytime hours of work, stuck on evening shifts
Productive Environtment
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Minett, ON3 November 2013
The Marriott International, Inc. group is a wonderful company to be involved with. The training provided within each department is exceptional, allowing each employee to fully enjoy and take pride in the work that they do. The culture of people at the Marriott makes it exceptionally easy to garner lifelong friendships.
Pros
The people whom work there.
One of the worst hotels to work for in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 August 2014
Management is horrible in that they do not address employee problems. The unionization is a joke. Pay is low. Demands of work due to severe understaffing are ridiculous. Front Office manager gossips about her staff and is extremely rude and unprofessional.
Pros
Discounts on Marriotts worldwide.
Cons
Everything else.
Great Employees, Great Workplace
Sales & Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2014
As an intern, I was treated very well and had a great team to work with. Even though my work term was short, the members of the team greeted me with open arms and all members of the Marriott team made a point to welcome me and befriend me. It truly was a great company culture and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the hotel environment.
A good team, with great management.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2013
I enjoyed working for Marriott International, Inc, for the reasons of good co workers, great management. Every single person on my team were good people with great skills and manners. I enjoyed meeting up with the team and management before every shift. This showed that management cared and respected our thoughts and attributes.
Hard work/Gain Lots of Experience/Awful Pay
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 March 2013
Some days I really enjoy working here, and others I can't wait until something better comes along. I definitely don't get paid enough for all that I do here, but that's why it's a starter job.

At most hotels they've got certain people just taking reservations, and certain people just checking people in, others just blocking rooms and making keys and then there's your concierge and customer service. Where I work, one person does it all and sometimes it's way too much for one human being to handle This has been slowly affecting our sales, so much so that now we can't afford to have two people working Front Desk at once. Not to mention the many employees working back to back shifts because we can't afford to hire anymore people to cover shifts when someone calls in sick or there is an emergency. I feel as though the way too many managers that I've had in the two years I've been employed here, none of them seem to take pride in this particular hotel which is really unfortunate because it is a beautiful hotel and has a lot of potential.

The upside is the benefits are pretty good, but the horrible pay outweighs it. I love the deals you get with your Marriott discount but the last time I tried to take more than 2 days off, I didn't hear the end of it.
Pros
night auditor gets their weekends off
Cons
low pay
Fantastic Opportunity
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 June 2013
My first position working in Canada was a great experience being as supervisor in a managerial capacity reporting directly to the General Manager.

Pros
Benefits package, location close to home
Cons
Closed down and changed to private hotel, now re-opened as Residence Inn again.
Awesome place to work...too bad there is a union
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury16 January 2013
I worked with the company for almost 2 yrs and it was the best job I have ever had. I have always worked in hotels, and by far this was the best. If there was no union I would still be there. The management team is fantastic.
Pros
flexible with hours. great management team
Cons
union
Good place to start out
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 April 2013
If you are just starting out this is a good place to work.

The Co-workers were enjoyable to work with, and the management was decent.

A typical day for myself would be to come in for 5am and set up the line for breakfast and to create the daily Lunch special, as well to help out with the buffet and do deserts when required.
The staff were fun
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2015
Fast pace environment with great staff and reasonable flexible hours however the work itself was pretty boring and the hourly wage was low.
Cons
low salary
Wonderful Company to work for.
Supervisor of dining room and housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 September 2014
Wonderful Company to work for. I loved the atmosphere and the management and staff are very nice. It's like a family there when you are at work.
We have a play station to excerise
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB22 April 2014
It was kind of fun most of the time.
I learn how to finish my job in time.
Management was not too bad,some supervisor was a bit fussy.
The hardest part of the job was holiday time some room could be very dirty.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when we have meeting.
Great Team work
Administrative & Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton5 July 2015
Working at the Marriott has built my confidence in who I am and what I can accomplish.

My day has challenges never the same learning to love the accounting aspect and would like to learn more with all areas.

My co-workers are friends and are very special to me.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
there are none