Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Call Centre Environment with fun people to work with
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 February 2015
I worked 8 hour days where I learned interpersonal skills through telephone sales. Management was very helpful and my co workers were a valuable asset to have beside me. Hardest part of the job was selling to people who were not interested in particular properties when others were sold out. My favourite part of the job was the commissions.
Pros
Hotel room perks, free lunches, large lounge for work team
Cons
Never changing environment
over 25 years of experience in major culinary operations
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC20 December 2015
Managing kitchen brigade efficiently.Building a team by inspiring, training and motivating young chef with little experience. Keeping the kitchen operation efficient, profitable and interresting to work for.
Room attendant
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2013
Part time-made beds,cleaned rooms
team work
management was good
co-workers were friendly
long hours of bending
meet all kinds of people
Pros
free food
Cons
Insufficent pay
It is nice working with marriott as there is a friendly atmosphere out here
F & B Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 June 2013
Hard work pays whether it takes time.
Food and beverage is like we need to put all odd hours and dedications about event taking place in banquets. Alwasy has to be on our toes to make it successful.
Management is very helpful.
Co-workers are good to go with a polite and humble approach.
Nothing is hard when it is well planned.
When at the end of the event everything goes off well, there is nothing like the enjoyment.
Pros
All good
Cons
all good
Marriott International
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2013
Working at Marriott International at the Eaton Centre location is interesting to say the least. It's the flagship location in Toronto and the foot traffic can relate that the popularity of its location.

On any given day, I am setting up conference rooms with microphones, mixers, lighting, projectors, screens to name a few things. The setups can be as small as for a group of 4 people to as large as 500-600 people for a convention.

What makes this job rewarding is the hard work I put in setting up and testing all the technical aspects of the equipments being used to the end result. That result is watching the guest/client use the equipments, who most of the time are not technical, without any trouble due to my due diligence in setting up.
Great people
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 May 2015
Such a great group of people to work with. It was a nice, clean environment and middle management are a great team.

The job was to take reservations for the Marriott family of Hotels worldwide.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with demanding customers. I want to help everyone get what they want but sometimes what they want wasn't always possible.
Pros
Fun
Cons
tedius
Overall a good company
Reservation Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, Ont26 May 2014
overall it is a basic call center life, the management team is highly professional, and will do everything in their power to help you reach goals and advancements. i would definitely recommend them as an employer
the people are great, but the management is negative.
Housekeeping Staff (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 March 2015
The hours of housekeeping are good, never work after 6. The pay is minimum wage and the management is continuously testing to see if we are aware of certain practices. Also, if change in behaviour is needed the lines of communication are not effective. The best part is the other housekeepers and their humour. The worst part is the pay to expectation ratio.
Great Managers
Housekeeper- Restaurant jobs (Former Employee) –  Kingston3 March 2015
Was part of opening team and grew to different departments. Starting in housekeeping, moved to the restaurant side of the business.

What I like was having a meeting with all departments every morning about 10am. Management recognized certain employees for something they did the day before
Pros
Was able to use employer rate, Great managers
Cons
Not flexible with working around school schedule in fall
Good people bad management.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta Canada4 July 2015
Great environment to work in, Good co workers and great location.

Unreasonable management, Never listens to the needs of the job, or staff, Improper supply of parts and tools, Expected to pay for parts tools and paint out of your own pocket.
Pros
3 dollar staff menu in the restaurant
Cons
Unreasonable management
Great place to work, only seasonal
Night Maid (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 August 2012
Working at the courtyard was a great experience. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Management was always around to listen and offer advice. My coworkers were a great group of people who I enjoyed to be around. The job consisted of room calls and cleaning of the hotel. Interacting with guests and helping them to their satisfaction always put a smile on my face.
Pros
free lunch/dinner, great work environment
Cons
seasonal
Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL16 February 2014
I work three distinct jobs within Marriott: front desk, night audit, and maintenance. For the most part, these jobs include a large emphasis on guest relations and being "the face of the company." Throughout my experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott, I have learned a lot about how the computer systems for Marriott properties operate, how the financial information is updated into the company's database, valuable lessons from guest service interactions, and the importance of communication in the workplace. I have also trained others employees in how to work the front desk and night audit positions.

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job- the customer interactions. We receive a lot of business travelers, who are often overworked, stressed out, and cannot catch a break. Sometimes it is difficult to assist an unhappy guest, but at the same time it is a blessing to be able to fix the situation and maybe be the one bright spot that our guest had all day.
Great
Guest Services Agent/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 July 2015
I love working for this company. I probably have the most amazing Management and I always feel appreciated and welcome by everyone. The hours are not bad, but it can take some getting used to if you're working night shifts as well.
Great management team and staff
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 January 2014
I've been happy with my experience at the Courtyard by Marriott. Management in my department is very approachable and efficient. I learned a great deal about the hospitality industry through my time here. At times the job can be physically challenging; however, it is rewarding in the end. My co-workers are fantastic and the overall environment is very positive.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Physically demanding
great place to meet new people.
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2013
A typical day for me usually begins with setting up the buffet line for our breakfast service followed by replinishing items such as plates, cutlery and food items when necessary. I would also clean tables too. My day usually ends by cleaning up the tables, removing the food items from the buffet line, preparing the food items for the next day. I learned how to organize my time wisely, the importance of team work and communicating with a variety of worldly guest. The most enjoyable part of my job is the time i spend talking and getting to know the guest.
Pros
building contacts with guest.
Cons
repetitive task
Team work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Calgary/Downtown5 February 2013
I clean the Washroom,make the bed, high dusting,dusting,mop the floor, vacuum and etc.

I learn a lot things about our daily's job.

The management : no problem they are fair.

About co-workers we are helping each other like a team work.

the hardest part of the job : so far nothing

For me the most enjoyable job is team work helping each other.and every morning we do exercise all the housekeeping department..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometime's long hour
great place to work!
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC3 November 2015
Wonderful workplace with good managers that allow you to do your job well while growing in the company. I used to love going to work everyday knowing I will meet and help new people and get to welcome those returning to our hotel.
Good Workplace but Seasonal Layoff
Guest Services/ Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 May 2015
Good workplace with free lunch but its a seasonal with layoff in winter. Management is good and helpful. Overall an OK experience
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Seasonal LAYOFF
Great People, Good and Reliable Organisation.
Good position (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 August 2015
It will really be a great honour for me, if I could be given an opportunity to work with this reputable organisation and to prove myself with my abilities and add more success to the growth of the company.

Thank you.
Amarachi Joe
Am a good Nigerian from a good christian background. My facebook contact name is Amarachi Joe.
One of the best companies to work for
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre4 March 2015
The Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre is a delightful place to work. I am greeted by all of my fellow employees as soon as I walk in the door. The pay rate is very good and the work load is easily managable. My direct supervisor is a very well organized and compassionate person. The hardest part of my job is doing large set-ups by myself. the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all of my clients completely satisfied with the services we provide.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No full time postions available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location