Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

It is nice working with marriott as there is a friendly atmosphere out here
F & B Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 4, 2013
Hard work pays whether it takes time.
Food and beverage is like we need to put all odd hours and dedications about event taking place in banquets. Alwasy has to be on our toes to make it successful.
Management is very helpful.
Co-workers are good to go with a polite and humble approach.
Nothing is hard when it is well planned.
When at the end of the event everything goes off well, there is nothing like the enjoyment.
Pros
All good
Cons
all good
Fun at work place and very cooperative & helpful staff.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 11, 2015
It was a very nice working environment. Work mates were helpful to each other. Personally I had an nice experience and got to learn different things and learn to deal with different problems.
Pros
Meal was provided during shift hours and unlimited beverages.
Call centre environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 22, 2015
At the Marriott I answered calls and answered questions about hotel facilities and went through prices and perks of hotels used for either business or pleasure. I enjoy working with the public and I enjoyed the co-workers.
Great place to work, only seasonal
Night Maid (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 23, 2012
Working at the courtyard was a great experience. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Management was always around to listen and offer advice. My coworkers were a great group of people who I enjoyed to be around. The job consisted of room calls and cleaning of the hotel. Interacting with guests and helping them to their satisfaction always put a smile on my face.
Pros
free lunch/dinner, great work environment
Cons
seasonal
Great Team work
Administrative & Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 5, 2015
Working at the Marriott has built my confidence in who I am and what I can accomplish.

My day has challenges never the same learning to love the accounting aspect and would like to learn more with all areas.

My co-workers are friends and are very special to me.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
there are none
Marriott - Toronto
Front Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2013
This was the first hotel I ever worked for and loved it. Very fast paced work environment. While with the company I was able to learn and get a complete understanding of the hospitality industry. The hardest thing about this position was trying to manage work/life balance.The most enjoyable part was the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
great discounts on all of their marriott hotels.
Great management team and staff
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 27, 2014
I've been happy with my experience at the Courtyard by Marriott. Management in my department is very approachable and efficient. I learned a great deal about the hospitality industry through my time here. At times the job can be physically challenging; however, it is rewarding in the end. My co-workers are fantastic and the overall environment is very positive.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Physically demanding
Team work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Calgary/DowntownFebruary 5, 2013
I clean the Washroom,make the bed, high dusting,dusting,mop the floor, vacuum and etc.

I learn a lot things about our daily's job.

The management : no problem they are fair.

About co-workers we are helping each other like a team work.

the hardest part of the job : so far nothing

For me the most enjoyable job is team work helping each other.and every morning we do exercise all the housekeeping department..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometime's long hour
The staff were fun
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2015
Fast pace environment with great staff and reasonable flexible hours however the work itself was pretty boring and the hourly wage was low.
Cons
low salary
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJanuary 29, 2013
A good sense of accomplishment when booking hotels and helping our customers with their specific needs , and also Marriott has several incentives in place which reward this type of employee performance.
Pros
very good work culture environment
Cons
very challenging to get daytime hours of work, stuck on evening shifts
Typical Shift
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 20, 2015
Each shift starts with a look at the arrivals, departures, meetings/events planned for the day. Then a look at emails that have been sent prior to your shift for any updates. The next tasks are to print the contingency report and to make sure that Elite Members have their rooms blocked as well as their requests fulfilled before they start arriving (around 4 pm). A call around is done for the occupancy and rate of other hotels in the area in case a guest needs a room and we are at maximum occupancy.
Productive Environtment
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Minett, ONNovember 3, 2013
The Marriott International, Inc. group is a wonderful company to be involved with. The training provided within each department is exceptional, allowing each employee to fully enjoy and take pride in the work that they do. The culture of people at the Marriott makes it exceptionally easy to garner lifelong friendships.
Pros
The people whom work there.
One of the worst hotels to work for in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 8, 2014
Management is horrible in that they do not address employee problems. The unionization is a joke. Pay is low. Demands of work due to severe understaffing are ridiculous. Front Office manager gossips about her staff and is extremely rude and unprofessional.
Pros
Discounts on Marriotts worldwide.
Cons
Everything else.
Great Employees, Great Workplace
Sales & Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
As an intern, I was treated very well and had a great team to work with. Even though my work term was short, the members of the team greeted me with open arms and all members of the Marriott team made a point to welcome me and befriend me. It truly was a great company culture and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the hotel environment.
A good team, with great management.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2013
I enjoyed working for Marriott International, Inc, for the reasons of good co workers, great management. Every single person on my team were good people with great skills and manners. I enjoyed meeting up with the team and management before every shift. This showed that management cared and respected our thoughts and attributes.
Hard work/Gain Lots of Experience/Awful Pay
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 6, 2013
Some days I really enjoy working here, and others I can't wait until something better comes along. I definitely don't get paid enough for all that I do here, but that's why it's a starter job.

At most hotels they've got certain people just taking reservations, and certain people just checking people in, others just blocking rooms and making keys and then there's your concierge and customer service. Where I work, one person does it all and sometimes it's way too much for one human being to handle This has been slowly affecting our sales, so much so that now we can't afford to have two people working Front Desk at once. Not to mention the many employees working back to back shifts because we can't afford to hire anymore people to cover shifts when someone calls in sick or there is an emergency. I feel as though the way too many managers that I've had in the two years I've been employed here, none of them seem to take pride in this particular hotel which is really unfortunate because it is a beautiful hotel and has a lot of potential.

The upside is the benefits are pretty good, but the horrible pay outweighs it. I love the deals you get with your Marriott discount but the last time I tried to take more than 2 days off, I didn't hear the end of it.
Pros
night auditor gets their weekends off
Cons
low pay
One of the best companies to work for
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton CentreMarch 4, 2015
The Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre is a delightful place to work. I am greeted by all of my fellow employees as soon as I walk in the door. The pay rate is very good and the work load is easily managable. My direct supervisor is a very well organized and compassionate person. The hardest part of my job is doing large set-ups by myself. the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all of my clients completely satisfied with the services we provide.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No full time postions available
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 6, 2015
The job was fairly easy. For the most part the biggest benefit was the significant hotel discount provided as an employee of the company. I found that scheduling was fairly flexible. At the Sarnia location your only task was to make reservations so for the most part it was fairly easy and customers were content.
Pros
Signficant employee discount
Cons
Still a call centre
Wonderful Company to work for.
Supervisor of dining room and housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 21, 2014
Wonderful Company to work for. I loved the atmosphere and the management and staff are very nice. It's like a family there when you are at work.
Good place to start out
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 28, 2013
If you are just starting out this is a good place to work.

The Co-workers were enjoyable to work with, and the management was decent.

A typical day for myself would be to come in for 5am and set up the line for breakfast and to create the daily Lunch special, as well to help out with the buffet and do deserts when required.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location