Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and fast paced environment
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONOctober 24, 2015
It was good while it lasted. Didn't have a problem with the work. Very few breaks with long hours of work. Coworkers were absolutely great to work with. Managers were understanding of situations.
Pros
busy
enjoyed working there
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 19, 2015
Learned about housekeeping supervisor duties, fun staff to work with and an renovated hotel. Located on the water, the largest hotel east of Montreal with 352 rooms
bad experience
Manager assistant Co-op (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 11, 2015
I cannot explain it because i worked there for a couple of months, but personally i did not enjoy the time there.
I started there as a co-op, so i can say that much about it.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, not the same schedule.
EXPERIENCE
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCSeptember 28, 2015
My experience and success opinion

Customer care is a crucial element of business success. Every contact with my customers have with me business is an opportunity for me to improve my reputation with them and increase the likelihood of further sales.

From your telephone manner to the efficiency of your order-fulfillment systems, almost every aspect of my business affects the way your customers view my business. But there are also specific programs for me,what can put in place to increase your levels of customer care of any company.
Very fun
Attendent (Former Employee) –  345 Jefferson RdSeptember 25, 2015
A typical work day for me was to arrive at 7:00 A.M. I was in charge of the front of the laundrymat. I would first check all washers and dryers to see if any clothes were left overnight. If so i would bag and tag it with the date on it and put it aside in case the owner came back. Then i would go and start my accounts that i had for that day and any fluff and folds from the night before. At 8:00 i would open the laundrymat for the customers. The rest of the day i would continue my accounts. The accounts came from alot of different clients. Wich conconsist of Doctor offices, Dentist, Hotels, Nursing homes, gyms, Resturants, and fluff and folds from customers. I would also be charge of cleanig the laundrymat and helping out the customers with change and other questions. I loved all of my co-workers there and still do they are like family there. The hardest part of my job was when i had to work two shifts in one day. The most enjoyable part of my job there was the atmosphere never a dull moment.
Pros
great pay
Excellent place to work
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Demanding schedules requiring a lot of creativity and attention to details.
Gives you a great insight into people's way of thinking, their nature, their concerns and fears and creative ways to abate them and assist them to have a great event.
Time management is so critical as sometimes the customers are highly anxious about the success of their event and sometimes unreasonable and/or too demanding. Also learned how to deal without taking things personally.
Co workers are fabulous. The focus is on customer satisfaction. They set aside personal differences and politics and cooperate unconditionally to meet the company goals.
The hardest part of the job is to bite your tongue at unwarranted rudeness especially when you are going out of the way to please and make them comfortable. This is more so when customers try to take advantage of your hospitality.
The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction you get when you see the look on the customer's faces at the completion of event. It makes going all out of the way and the exhaustion all worthwhile.
Pros
Lots of personal satisfaction
Cons
Irregular and irregular hours and exhaustion
An okay place for a summer job.
Water front Associate/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Minett, ONSeptember 15, 2015
I only worked there for a couple years. While I was there I worked a few different jobs including: tour guide, waterfront supervisor, concierge desk, and security. It was an okay job. The pay was okay, not the best but enough I suppose, the work environment was fine, co-workers were great, but if you had a question it was sometimes hard to get an answer. An overall okay experience. I did learn a lot while I was there which is important to me.
Pros
Provided lunch, comfortable atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons
long hours, low pay, having to stand behind a desk for long periods of time, ignorant and rude guests
Fun meeting different customers from different cities
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2015
Greet each customers, understand their needs in rooms,able to meet different guest in the hotel coming from different cities,countries.,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
waking up at 4 am
co worker bullying
Housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 25, 2015
i was a housekeeper was bullied by older housekeeping staff high turnover rate was not fun to work there management was questionable
Pros
free lunch
Cons
over worked
Call centre environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 22, 2015
At the Marriott I answered calls and answered questions about hotel facilities and went through prices and perks of hotels used for either business or pleasure. I enjoy working with the public and I enjoyed the co-workers.
Fun at work place and very cooperative & helpful staff.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 11, 2015
It was a very nice working environment. Work mates were helpful to each other. Personally I had an nice experience and got to learn different things and learn to deal with different problems.
Pros
Meal was provided during shift hours and unlimited beverages.
Excellent introduction into hospitality
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Courtyard by Marriott, it was a very professional and consistent work environment. I would recommend this location to anyone interested in the industry.
Pros
learned skills rapidly, amazing training, understanding management
Cons
repetitive
Great People, Good and Reliable Organisation.
Good position (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 1, 2015
It will really be a great honour for me, if I could be given an opportunity to work with this reputable organisation and to prove myself with my abilities and add more success to the growth of the company.

Thank you.
Amarachi Joe
Am a good Nigerian from a good christian background. My facebook contact name is Amarachi Joe.
Great
Guest Services Agent/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 7, 2015
I love working for this company. I probably have the most amazing Management and I always feel appreciated and welcome by everyone. The hours are not bad, but it can take some getting used to if you're working night shifts as well.
Great Team work
Administrative & Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 5, 2015
Working at the Marriott has built my confidence in who I am and what I can accomplish.

My day has challenges never the same learning to love the accounting aspect and would like to learn more with all areas.

My co-workers are friends and are very special to me.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
there are none
Good people bad management.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta CanadaJuly 4, 2015
Great environment to work in, Good co workers and great location.

Unreasonable management, Never listens to the needs of the job, or staff, Improper supply of parts and tools, Expected to pay for parts tools and paint out of your own pocket.
Pros
3 dollar staff menu in the restaurant
Cons
Unreasonable management
productive workplace with great service and lots of banqet setups
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
The Bistro offers breakfast in the morning and dinner and drinks in the evening inside The Courtyard by Marriott. Breakfast and dinner are very busy and require a lot of attention to detail; Marriott standards must be met and are very specific; from greeting a guest within 15 seconds to correctly pouring and serving a beverage. Providing every guest with exceptional costumer service is the Courtyard's main focus. Meeting and banquet setups also require following very specific guidelines to ensure all clients wishes are met and that events run smoothly and on time; from table placement and electronic needs to catering, serving and cleaning up. I always enjoyed the satisfaction of going above and beyond a guest's needs and having them leave with a smile on their face. My co-workers were all very pleasant and helpful and worked great as a team. Dealing with management could be difficult there always a lot of confusion between new policies and procedures but they always had your best interest in mind and were very accommodating.
Pros
staff meals
Cons
compliance between management and departments
Fun and Interactive Workplace
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 24, 2015
- Check in guest, Answer phone calls, deal with inquiries and make reservations
- Interact with guests
- Report to management about any issues
- Multitask
- Pass on important messages to my co workers
Toront Airport Marriott Hotel
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
Good place to work (Loss Prevention Only). Friendly people. Good benefits, good work life balance. Lot of politics in upper management, but reasonable work place. Too bad the hotel removed Loss Prevention Department.
NA
Revenue & Reservation Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 22, 2015
Working for this company gives you great opportunities. I have worked with them for a few years and I have been able to do three different roles.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location