Marriott International, Inc.
1,993 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun to work, different things everyday
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2013
Very busy, interactive work
Having Fun working with others
The hardest part is when you have to stay longer hours because people don't show up.
Team work and supportive atmosphere.
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: scope to grow.
Team work and supportive atmosphere. Marriott family.
'Take care of your associates and they will take care of your guests who in turn will keep coming back' - Mr. Marriott's philosophy.
Fast paced
House person (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: meal cards
Cons: shifts were always weekends
Fast paced environment, bigger hotel with a lot of employees. Nice people, great cafeteria and locker area for belongings.
Vast array of company perks.
Chef De Partie (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great perks worth thousands a yaer.
Cons: wish kitchen could have meals paid.
Very professional organization with great staff and solid managment, An organization that values its associates and is invested in our future.
Team work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Calgary/DowntownFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: sometime's long hour
I clean the Washroom,make the bed, high dusting,dusting,mop the floor, vacuum and etc.

I learn a lot things about our daily's job.

The management : no problem they are fair.

About co-workers we are helping each other like a team work.

the hardest part of the job : so far nothing

For me the most enjoyable job is team work helping each other.and – more... every morning we do exercise all the housekeeping department.. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: very good work culture environment
Cons: very challenging to get daytime hours of work, stuck on evening shifts
A good sense of accomplishment when booking hotels and helping our customers with their specific needs , and also Marriott has several incentives in place which reward this type of employee performance.
Travel the world through booking hotel reservations!
Customer Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: visits from marriott properties, dinner parties
Cons: late hours
A typical day at work would be arriving half and hour before my shift to find a pod, set up my computer, phone and headset. I had learned a lot of valuable tools in training and as well as teach myself new things on going everyday. Will meet with a manager about my calls and review skills I can improve on, management is always first to tell you how – more... great of a job you`re doing! Right along with them are, amazing co-workers at the Marriott, everyone is so wonderful. I would Say one of the hardest parts about working for the Marriott is the hours, I am more of a morning person and have been blessed with a 5:00 p.m - 1:30 a.m shift. That would change in time with shift bids granted, that is all based on seniority. There is by far way more enjoyable things working for the Marriott to pick from many I would say a top three for me would be the guests. I like dealing one on one with a guest planning and plotting out trips so they can create long life memories. – less
Awesome place to work...too bad there is a union
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), SudburyJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: flexible with hours. great management team
Cons: union
I worked with the company for almost 2 yrs and it was the best job I have ever had. I have always worked in hotels, and by far this was the best. If there was no union I would still be there. The management team is fantastic.
good place to work
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 12, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: late afternoon shifts
I enjoyed working here and would probably still be there if my department didn't close.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), OttawaDecember 5, 2012
Great team and fun place to work. Little turn over as people enjoy coming to work.
Excellent company with a great culture.
Marriott Associate (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTNovember 27, 2012
Typical day includes system maintenance, reservation checks, billing instructions, credit checks, delegation of duties and responsibility of duty manager while on shift.
I was part of the team to open the first Residence Inn in the UK. I helped hire the front desk team and make decisions that reflect the current running of the business.
Productive Great place to work
Manager on Duty (Current) (Former Employee), Edmonton MarriottOctober 26, 2012
Pros: i am empowered to take care of my guest so that they happy
Cons: long hour
The most enjoyable part of my job is making my staff happy and taking care of all guest making sure that my staff and my hotel as a whole meets the guest expectations. Customers Service relation is my passion I enjoy helping other and putting a smile on every guest face making them happy. It there is a issue i certainly believe in first contact reslotion – more... so i definetly take care of my client upon first contact. – less
i had fun working with my co-workers
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: had great free lunches..
loved the people i worked with just didnt want to do it as a life career.
it was an ok place t work
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 15, 2012
Pros: the were free lunches
Cons: they were good hours always 8 hour shifts..
it was an ok first job to work at the people were great work with there..
Fun, challenging and exciting place to work
Sr. Event Manager New Orleans Marriott (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 9, 2012
I am truly grateful for the opportunities I have experienced at the New Orleans Marriott. I began and advanced my career over the past 12+ years at this property. It is uniquely challenging and rewarding in that the volume never slows, but the clients that we work with are some of the largest and most respected companies/associations in the world.
Made some life long friends when I worked there
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: worked with some great people
Cons: low pay
Learned fantastic customer service skills and enjoyed many great training sessions and social gatherings. I did not like the atmosphere and sitting in a chair for 8 hours.

truthteller – December 3, 2012

Your comment is correct Marriott had a lot of gatherings, meals,and training on customer service. I can say when i was done at this call center in Sarnia it was terrible the training was all about pushing marriott credit cards on people that did not want them, making sure you did not sell other brands on calls which in a company as big as marriott makes no sense. Why try to sell 2 rooms with two beds in each when you have a family that wants a room for 5 and you have it next door at another marriott? O and i forgot to mention you can only request 2 rooms together so your kids might not be next door or near by. All this did was make people hang up on you and instead of calling the other marriott they called the competition. Great hotels, great staff at the locations but the call center is dismal marriott really needs to look at management and see what is going on in there its a shame that people booking 5 star hotels which require a credit card need to be bombarded with credit card offers. literally before i was done i had a trainer there tell me to "ask if anyone in the room wants a marriott credit card". This place turned into a joke that is only interested in making fast credit card application money instead of the OLD GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE BRINGS PEOPLE BACK.... mr marriott Sr would be rolling in his grave if he seen the way people are being treated.

its good
HOUSKEEPING & LAUNDRY (Current Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 30, 2012
for me im ok with my position that sometimes as a laundry, breakfast coordinator or a housekeeper.
co-workers were friendly.
nothing is hard working at the hotel.
if you have tips from our guest...
overall as a fresher a gud experience
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Chandigarh, CHAugust 27, 2012
Pros: theme based lunches
Cons: long hours
I want to feel the real international experience , I Learned alot but dats not enough . Co workers were nice ,hardest part was shortage of staff n i enjoyed talkin to guests and the getogether we used to have in our hotel.
Great place to work, only seasonal
Night Maid (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 23, 2012
Pros: free lunch/dinner, great work environment
Cons: seasonal
Working at the courtyard was a great experience. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Management was always around to listen and offer advice. My coworkers were a great group of people who I enjoyed to be around. The job consisted of room calls and cleaning of the hotel. Interacting with guests and helping them to their satisfaction always – more... put a smile on my face. – less
night shift
Chef de partie (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
this is the best company i have ever worked
global presence in world

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos