Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent introduction into hospitality
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 8, 2015
Pros: learned skills rapidly, amazing training, understanding management
Cons: repetitive
I enjoyed working for the Courtyard by Marriott, it was a very professional and consistent work environment. I would recommend this location to anyone interested in the industry.
Great People, Good and Reliable Organisation.
Good position (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 1, 2015
It will really be a great honour for me, if I could be given an opportunity to work with this reputable organisation and to prove myself with my abilities and add more success to the growth of the company.

Thank you.
Amarachi Joe
Am a good Nigerian from a good christian background. My facebook contact name is Amarachi Joe.
Great
Guest Services Agent/ Night Auditor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 7, 2015
I love working for this company. I probably have the most amazing Management and I always feel appreciated and welcome by everyone. The hours are not bad, but it can take some getting used to if you're working night shifts as well.
Great Team work
Administrative & Operations Assistant (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Challenges
Cons: there are none
Working at the Marriott has built my confidence in who I am and what I can accomplish.

My day has challenges never the same learning to love the accounting aspect and would like to learn more with all areas.

My co-workers are friends and are very special to me.
Good people bad management.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton Alberta CanadaJuly 4, 2015
Pros: 3 dollar staff menu in the restaurant
Cons: Unreasonable management
Great environment to work in, Good co workers and great location.

Unreasonable management, Never listens to the needs of the job, or staff, Improper supply of parts and tools, Expected to pay for parts tools and paint out of your own pocket.
productive workplace with great service and lots of banqet setups
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: staff meals
Cons: compliance between management and departments
The Bistro offers breakfast in the morning and dinner and drinks in the evening inside The Courtyard by Marriott. Breakfast and dinner are very busy and require a lot of attention to detail; Marriott standards must be met and are very specific; from greeting a guest within 15 seconds to correctly pouring and serving a beverage. Providing every guest with exceptional costumer service is the Courtyard's main focus. Meeting and banquet setups also require following very specific guidelines to ensure all clients wishes are met and that events run smoothly and on time; from table placement and electronic needs to catering, serving and cleaning up. I always enjoyed the satisfaction of going above and beyond a guest's needs and having them leave with a smile on their face. My co-workers were all very pleasant and helpful and worked great as a team. Dealing with management could be difficult there always a lot of confusion between new policies and procedures but they always had your best interest in mind and were very accommodating.
Fun and Interactive Workplace
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 24, 2015
- Check in guest, Answer phone calls, deal with inquiries and make reservations
- Interact with guests
- Report to management about any issues
- Multitask
- Pass on important messages to my co workers
Toront Airport Marriott Hotel
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
Good place to work (Loss Prevention Only). Friendly people. Good benefits, good work life balance. Lot of politics in upper management, but reasonable work place. Too bad the hotel removed Loss Prevention Department.
NA
Revenue & Reservation Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 22, 2015
Working for this company gives you great opportunities. I have worked with them for a few years and I have been able to do three different roles.
very nice and inviting environment
Houseman (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very cold break room
made sure the house keepers had fresh clean linen and supplies to clean the rooms

empited dirty linen from the housekeepers carts

cleared all garbage and recycling from the hallways

light cleaning duties in the lobbies and hallways, vacuming, dusting, etc.

my co-workers were very nice and the management
some good people
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJune 15, 2015
Pros: free BBQ
Cons: work every weekend
fast pace. how to work on heat pumps exc. work with a good group of people. unplugging clogged washrooms.learning new things
A Beautiful Place to Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Minett, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: Complimentary Coffee Beverages Machine for Staff
Cons: Stressful and long hours
A typical day at work for me as a housekeeper involves arriving at work and having a discussion as a team in the housekeeping department about the days ahead and plans for preparation. Before I can actually begin my work I must stock and prepare my housekeeping cart and ensure it is in an appealing shape as I take it out into the halls to assist with room cleaning and preparation. There is a wide diversity of culture at the hotel with people from all around the world working there and I enjoy getting to know everyone. The hardest part about my job is attempting to clean my assigned amount of rooms by the end of the day before I have to leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and learning about the cultures of others working in the hotel and also interacting with guests.
Great people
Customer Care (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 28, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: tedius
Such a great group of people to work with. It was a nice, clean environment and middle management are a great team.

The job was to take reservations for the Marriott family of Hotels worldwide.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with demanding customers. I want to help everyone get what they want but sometimes what they want wasn't always possible.
fun to work and communicate with all the departments
Shift Engineer (Former Employee), edmontonMay 21, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: 12 hours shift and night shift
It was totally different world to work in a hotel. Nature of my job was to repair and install stuff in every department so basically walking al over the resort was fun.
Good Workplace but Seasonal Layoff
Guest Services/ Houseperson (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Seasonal LAYOFF
Good workplace with free lunch but its a seasonal with layoff in winter. Management is good and helpful. Overall an OK experience
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Signficant employee discount
Cons: Still a call centre
The job was fairly easy. For the most part the biggest benefit was the significant hotel discount provided as an employee of the company. I found that scheduling was fairly flexible. At the Sarnia location your only task was to make reservations so for the most part it was fairly easy and customers were content.
Wonderfully comfortable workplace
Maintenance (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Discount Hotel Rates
Daily morning meetings with management. Extremely approachable people including management. Flexible work schedules and great work environment.
Ok work place
Housekeeping Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2015
Pros: always busy and keep people working
Cons: no over time pay, low or no benefit, average/ low wage
Work is same as every other hotel, but the downside the employee are not direct employeed by Marriott, rather a management company, so not much benefit and average in wage.
Typical Shift
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 20, 2015
Each shift starts with a look at the arrivals, departures, meetings/events planned for the day. Then a look at emails that have been sent prior to your shift for any updates. The next tasks are to print the contingency report and to make sure that Elite Members have their rooms blocked as well as their requests fulfilled before they start arriving (around 4 pm). A call around is done for the occupancy and rate of other hotels in the area in case a guest needs a room and we are at maximum occupancy.
The staff were fun
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2015
Cons: low salary
Fast pace environment with great staff and reasonable flexible hours however the work itself was pretty boring and the hourly wage was low.
Headquarters