Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

bad experience
Manager assistant Co-op (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 11, 2015
I cannot explain it because i worked there for a couple of months, but personally i did not enjoy the time there.
I started there as a co-op, so i can say that much about it.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, not the same schedule.
Great People, Good and Reliable Organisation.
Good position (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 1, 2015
It will really be a great honour for me, if I could be given an opportunity to work with this reputable organisation and to prove myself with my abilities and add more success to the growth of the company.

Thank you.
Amarachi Joe
Am a good Nigerian from a good christian background. My facebook contact name is Amarachi Joe.
fun workplace
Valet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2015
I believe it is a good learning experiences working in a group and It is a great opportunity to participate in a decision making.
enjoyed working there
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 19, 2015
Learned about housekeeping supervisor duties, fun staff to work with and an renovated hotel. Located on the water, the largest hotel east of Montreal with 352 rooms
Excellent introduction into hospitality
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Courtyard by Marriott, it was a very professional and consistent work environment. I would recommend this location to anyone interested in the industry.
Pros
learned skills rapidly, amazing training, understanding management
Cons
repetitive
Fun at work place and very cooperative & helpful staff.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 11, 2015
It was a very nice working environment. Work mates were helpful to each other. Personally I had an nice experience and got to learn different things and learn to deal with different problems.
Pros
Meal was provided during shift hours and unlimited beverages.
Call centre environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 22, 2015
At the Marriott I answered calls and answered questions about hotel facilities and went through prices and perks of hotels used for either business or pleasure. I enjoy working with the public and I enjoyed the co-workers.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
Loved it here, everyone is great including management. There is always room for promotion if you have the right work ethic.
Good people bad management.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta CanadaJuly 4, 2015
Great environment to work in, Good co workers and great location.

Unreasonable management, Never listens to the needs of the job, or staff, Improper supply of parts and tools, Expected to pay for parts tools and paint out of your own pocket.
Pros
3 dollar staff menu in the restaurant
Cons
Unreasonable management
very nice and inviting environment
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 17, 2015
made sure the house keepers had fresh clean linen and supplies to clean the rooms

empited dirty linen from the housekeepers carts

cleared all garbage and recycling from the hallways

light cleaning duties in the lobbies and hallways, vacuming, dusting, etc.

my co-workers were very nice and the management
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very cold break room
Great Team work
Administrative & Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 5, 2015
Working at the Marriott has built my confidence in who I am and what I can accomplish.

My day has challenges never the same learning to love the accounting aspect and would like to learn more with all areas.

My co-workers are friends and are very special to me.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
there are none
Fun meeting different customers from different cities
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2015
Greet each customers, understand their needs in rooms,able to meet different guest in the hotel coming from different cities,countries.,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
waking up at 4 am
A Beautiful Place to Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Minett, ONJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work for me as a housekeeper involves arriving at work and having a discussion as a team in the housekeeping department about the days ahead and plans for preparation. Before I can actually begin my work I must stock and prepare my housekeeping cart and ensure it is in an appealing shape as I take it out into the halls to assist with room cleaning and preparation. There is a wide diversity of culture at the hotel with people from all around the world working there and I enjoy getting to know everyone. The hardest part about my job is attempting to clean my assigned amount of rooms by the end of the day before I have to leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and learning about the cultures of others working in the hotel and also interacting with guests.
Pros
Complimentary Coffee Beverages Machine for Staff
Cons
Stressful and long hours
Great people
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 28, 2015
Such a great group of people to work with. It was a nice, clean environment and middle management are a great team.

The job was to take reservations for the Marriott family of Hotels worldwide.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with demanding customers. I want to help everyone get what they want but sometimes what they want wasn't always possible.
Pros
Fun
Cons
tedius
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 6, 2015
The job was fairly easy. For the most part the biggest benefit was the significant hotel discount provided as an employee of the company. I found that scheduling was fairly flexible. At the Sarnia location your only task was to make reservations so for the most part it was fairly easy and customers were content.
Pros
Signficant employee discount
Cons
Still a call centre
Typical Shift
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 20, 2015
Each shift starts with a look at the arrivals, departures, meetings/events planned for the day. Then a look at emails that have been sent prior to your shift for any updates. The next tasks are to print the contingency report and to make sure that Elite Members have their rooms blocked as well as their requests fulfilled before they start arriving (around 4 pm). A call around is done for the occupancy and rate of other hotels in the area in case a guest needs a room and we are at maximum occupancy.
co worker bullying
Housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 25, 2015
i was a housekeeper was bullied by older housekeeping staff high turnover rate was not fun to work there management was questionable
Pros
free lunch
Cons
over worked
Great
Guest Services Agent/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 7, 2015
I love working for this company. I probably have the most amazing Management and I always feel appreciated and welcome by everyone. The hours are not bad, but it can take some getting used to if you're working night shifts as well.
Excellent place to work
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Demanding schedules requiring a lot of creativity and attention to details.
Gives you a great insight into people's way of thinking, their nature, their concerns and fears and creative ways to abate them and assist them to have a great event.
Time management is so critical as sometimes the customers are highly anxious about the success of their event and sometimes unreasonable and/or too demanding. Also learned how to deal without taking things personally.
Co workers are fabulous. The focus is on customer satisfaction. They set aside personal differences and politics and cooperate unconditionally to meet the company goals.
The hardest part of the job is to bite your tongue at unwarranted rudeness especially when you are going out of the way to please and make them comfortable. This is more so when customers try to take advantage of your hospitality.
The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction you get when you see the look on the customer's faces at the completion of event. It makes going all out of the way and the exhaustion all worthwhile.
Pros
Lots of personal satisfaction
Cons
Irregular and irregular hours and exhaustion
Toront Airport Marriott Hotel
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
Good place to work (Loss Prevention Only). Friendly people. Good benefits, good work life balance. Lot of politics in upper management, but reasonable work place. Too bad the hotel removed Loss Prevention Department.