Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 1, 2016
the co-workers are nice. The salary is good and as worker you have some benefits from Marriott Inc. It is a good place to work.
excellent work environment can be improved.
Food&Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2016
wonderful property.need improvement in skills and tech in day to day operations.more on fundamental details to improve work culture and atmosphere.
Productive and Fun workplace
Global Sales and Reservations (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 4, 2016
Booking reservations
how to book a hotel room
Management is very helpful
co-workers are really nice
Having to listen to happy people all day booking vacations and watching people spend money like its going out of style.
over 25 years of experience in major culinary operations
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCDecember 20, 2015
Managing kitchen brigade efficiently.Building a team by inspiring, training and motivating young chef with little experience. Keeping the kitchen operation efficient, profitable and interresting to work for.
fun workplace
Valet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2015
I believe it is a good learning experiences working in a group and It is a great opportunity to participate in a decision making.
Great experience!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 24, 2015
Hospitality Management Experiences
Plan and direct operations of all departments.
Evaluate changes and guest needs and insure fulfillment
Monitor and maintain financial performance
Responsible for overall guest satisfaction
Resolve guests problems
Conduct daily standup meetings with stuff especially during shift changes
Oversee employees to insure provision of quality service
Great Work Atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2015
Working with a great close knit team daily makes work enjoyable. Great pay structure, and benefits, and a clean, safe and positive work environment.
Pros
Pay Grade, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Varying Shifts, Unstable hours during low season
regular maintenance
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
Marriott is a great company to work with. Has lots of room for advancement and very friendly and helpful colleges. The reason I left the company was the commute other wise I would have stayed there
great place to work!
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2015
Wonderful workplace with good managers that allow you to do your job well while growing in the company. I used to love going to work everyday knowing I will meet and help new people and get to welcome those returning to our hotel.
Very fun
Attendent (Former Employee) –  345 Jefferson RdSeptember 25, 2015
A typical work day for me was to arrive at 7:00 A.M. I was in charge of the front of the laundrymat. I would first check all washers and dryers to see if any clothes were left overnight. If so i would bag and tag it with the date on it and put it aside in case the owner came back. Then i would go and start my accounts that i had for that day and any fluff and folds from the night before. At 8:00 i would open the laundrymat for the customers. The rest of the day i would continue my accounts. The accounts came from alot of different clients. Wich conconsist of Doctor offices, Dentist, Hotels, Nursing homes, gyms, Resturants, and fluff and folds from customers. I would also be charge of cleanig the laundrymat and helping out the customers with change and other questions. I loved all of my co-workers there and still do they are like family there. The hardest part of my job was when i had to work two shifts in one day. The most enjoyable part of my job there was the atmosphere never a dull moment.
Pros
great pay
Excellent place to work
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Demanding schedules requiring a lot of creativity and attention to details.
Gives you a great insight into people's way of thinking, their nature, their concerns and fears and creative ways to abate them and assist them to have a great event.
Time management is so critical as sometimes the customers are highly anxious about the success of their event and sometimes unreasonable and/or too demanding. Also learned how to deal without taking things personally.
Co workers are fabulous. The focus is on customer satisfaction. They set aside personal differences and politics and cooperate unconditionally to meet the company goals.
The hardest part of the job is to bite your tongue at unwarranted rudeness especially when you are going out of the way to please and make them comfortable. This is more so when customers try to take advantage of your hospitality.
The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction you get when you see the look on the customer's faces at the completion of event. It makes going all out of the way and the exhaustion all worthwhile.
Pros
Lots of personal satisfaction
Cons
Irregular and irregular hours and exhaustion
Call centre environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 22, 2015
At the Marriott I answered calls and answered questions about hotel facilities and went through prices and perks of hotels used for either business or pleasure. I enjoy working with the public and I enjoyed the co-workers.
Fun at work place and very cooperative & helpful staff.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 11, 2015
It was a very nice working environment. Work mates were helpful to each other. Personally I had an nice experience and got to learn different things and learn to deal with different problems.
Pros
Meal was provided during shift hours and unlimited beverages.
Excellent introduction into hospitality
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Courtyard by Marriott, it was a very professional and consistent work environment. I would recommend this location to anyone interested in the industry.
Pros
learned skills rapidly, amazing training, understanding management
Cons
repetitive
Great People, Good and Reliable Organisation.
Good position (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 1, 2015
It will really be a great honour for me, if I could be given an opportunity to work with this reputable organisation and to prove myself with my abilities and add more success to the growth of the company.

Thank you.
Amarachi Joe
Am a good Nigerian from a good christian background. My facebook contact name is Amarachi Joe.
Great
Guest Services Agent/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 7, 2015
I love working for this company. I probably have the most amazing Management and I always feel appreciated and welcome by everyone. The hours are not bad, but it can take some getting used to if you're working night shifts as well.
Great Team work
Administrative & Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 5, 2015
Working at the Marriott has built my confidence in who I am and what I can accomplish.

My day has challenges never the same learning to love the accounting aspect and would like to learn more with all areas.

My co-workers are friends and are very special to me.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
there are none
Good people bad management.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta CanadaJuly 4, 2015
Great environment to work in, Good co workers and great location.

Unreasonable management, Never listens to the needs of the job, or staff, Improper supply of parts and tools, Expected to pay for parts tools and paint out of your own pocket.
Pros
3 dollar staff menu in the restaurant
Cons
Unreasonable management
Fun and Interactive Workplace
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 24, 2015
- Check in guest, Answer phone calls, deal with inquiries and make reservations
- Interact with guests
- Report to management about any issues
- Multitask
- Pass on important messages to my co workers
some good people
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 15, 2015
fast pace. how to work on heat pumps exc. work with a good group of people. unplugging clogged washrooms.learning new things
Pros
free BBQ
Cons
work every weekend

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location