Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Decent workplace for a kick start.
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2017
Nice workplace with nice employees. Growth is very slow for an employee. All in all a good place to enter into the industry. My experience with the company has been good and i enjoyed my time with them.
Cons
no increments and low wages
Job advancement
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2017
The GM disliked me, he made my work life a living bad. He hired his son to work, he was mostly a good worker, sometimes he would come hangover. He protected him.
Use to be great, not anymore!
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2017
Huge Brand to work with. Not the best when it comes to the management, think twice before deciding to work here. Most of them dont know what they really doing.
productive with recreation center for staff
Housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Doha-on11 September 2017
-open gym
-pool table
-basket ball/football court.
-Its an awesome place with friendly staff.
-working environment is in proximity to the city center
Pros
breakfast and lunch provided
Cons
Normal hours
fun
Porter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 September 2017
I was a student working at Sheraton hotel, i was about 15 years old until 18, it was great experience and lots of fun with great team members. Times got tough over there but always felt comfortable and at home.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
night shifts
great palce to be great staff
Food and Beverage Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2017
enjoy the staff gusts and a great brand to be with. there are opportunity's with the Starwood brand for growth and movement, great learning experience.
Pros
love hospitality
Cons
moving forward
difficult work place
Catering Coordinator/Wedding Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2017
difficult with management and unable for career advancement.
The workers don't get much credit for all the hard work they put into the hotel and get very little appreciation
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no appreciation
Marriott is a great place to start for young workers wanting to expand their skills in almost anything
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Canada,Edmonton11 August 2017
Marriott is a great place to start to work.They're a a countless amount of awesome employees willing to help you when needed,highly recommended as a stepping stone in young careers
Pros
Some good things about Marriott is you get befits such as discounts on startbucks, hotels in Marriott, etc in the food industry we often get free meals when on break or hungry
Cons
The hours aren't too bad however you sometimes get told to stay later than you schedule says
Very Customer Oriented.
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2017
Taking care of guest needs and concerns in relation to HVAC, pool operations and room electronics, room readiness. Everyday was a look forward to going to work day.
Pros
Great team to work for.
Cons
none come to mind.
my manager was my best friend
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2017
it was amazing working with janitor hotels the most good things is the manager was my best friend he was always good man i was his closest though he was a good friend to all of us i cant forget that beautiful days easily
n/a
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2017
Solid management,great staff. Most work well together as a unit.Management regularly backs staff in in their decisions made by themselves when dealing with clients
Not your typical Hotel
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 August 2017
Everyday was pretty much the same routine, checking guests in and out of hotel, answering switchboard and forwarding calls, taking reservations, payments, daily cash reconciliations, correcting any errors in pricing and guest information. Hardest part of job was dealing with irate guests from previous shifts who did not have their needs taken care of and most enjoyable was having happy guests leaving at the end of their stay.
exciting new and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON3 August 2017
Starwood was a great place to work as well, my coworkers were very friendly and a lot of us became friends. Starwood always had some new and fun surprise for there staff be it in the form of contest or visitors
Great people, terrible job
SPG associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON1 August 2017
Lots of expectations from supervisors who haven't even done the job. They never had to reach the same requirements yet get advancement for knowing or being related to someone. Coworkers were the biggest pro about the work place. The actual job itself wasn't enjoyable, being told we had to pretend to be at the hotel so the guest would "believe" us then get yelled at by the guest because we lie. So many loopholes and not very structured. Worked here for a year and became severely depressed. Everyone I know that works here wants to quit.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, free lunches(sometimes)
Cons
High expectations, back to back calls, blamed for not trying hard enough
Great Place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON27 July 2017
It's a good place to work, however there is an extreme amount of pressure and stress there. The hours are guaranteed 40 hours a week and the benefits are great.
Pros
Benefits, Wage, Solid Hours
Cons
Stressful Environment
Easy to learn job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 July 2017
Eventhough it was a tough and hard job I can still manage to make the rooms good for people. The hotel itself is good and nice. But some employees are disrespectful sometimes
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
tough job
Productive and willing to learn
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Kuwait23 July 2017
I have a good experience in my present work.,more learning and knowledge that i get to make it treasured for the future.

And in thise company I learned a lot.,to communicate in different languages and most of all we have a team to make our work worth it everyday.
Pros
Free lounce
Cons
Duty hour
Sheraton Wall Center
Management Trainee in Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2017
I was a student as a management trainee to work in Sheraton. It was my first time to work in a hotel, also, it was my first time to work in housekeeping department. I have learned a lot of things which I couldn't learn from the school.
Productive and fun workplace.
Steward (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
The Ritz-Carlton- Toronto is a productive workplace. Professional and friendly colleagues to work with. Fair treatment by the management to its employees.
Good benefits but little advancement
Reservations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 July 2017
There are good and bad factors for this job. While they have paid training with guaranteed full time hours and the opportunity for overtime, there is also much less opportunity for advancement than they make it seem. There is flexibility in scheduling as well which is nice, with the possibility for day or evening shifts, and the chance to take unpaid time off without using sick or vacation days. The job itself is fairly monotonous, and dealing with customers all day can be a little exhausting, especially if you get a lot of angry guests in a day.
Pros
Overtime opportunity, benefits
Cons
Advancement is very slow, monotonous tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.