Marriott International, Inc.

4K reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I feel this company is a great place to work
Night Audit Lead (Former Employee), RiverCree ResortJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: transportation to work
I feel the Marriott is a very pleasant place to work. The leaders are very supportive and willing to help you when it is needed.
I enjoyed the co-workers and learn so much from other staff.
The hardest part of the job was working the night shift and adjusting to the hours.
The most enjoyable of the job was the guest and ensuring they had a pleasant stay with us and knowing they were going to return and stay with us more.
The staff and how well everyone got along and willing to help in difficult situations.
Worst experience ever
Marriott Event Technology Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 23, 2013
Pros: wage and benefits seemed good
Cons: worst management ever!
I relocated from Calgary to Halifax for a supervisor position and at first it seemed like a dream job. Shortly after realizing that management were absolutely crazy, unreasonable, unorganized, and unprofessional I realized I made a terrible mistake. The stress level was unbelievable and totally unnecessary! Worst employer ever! Don't ever relocate for them for gods sake whatever you do trust me! The pay was good at first glance and the benefits were good but not worth it in the slightest.
Worst place to work Courtyard By Marriott Edmonton west.
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Edmonton WESTJuly 12, 2014
Pros: nothing at all
Cons: lots to say and proved by each staff who works here, cant fit in 2 million words
Never safe at work, zero safe work practice , egoistic management ,arrogant owners, ZERO job safety. No appreciation. Foreign workers are made to work for free after 8 hours shift. No raises to any staff after few years of hard work. The worse place to work I have seen so far in my 20 years of Chef carrier
Call Centre Environment with fun people to work with
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: hotel room perks, free lunches, large lounge for work team
Cons: never changing environment
I worked 8 hour days where I learned interpersonal skills through telephone sales. Management was very helpful and my co workers were a valuable asset to have beside me. Hardest part of the job was selling to people who were not interested in particular properties when others were sold out. My favourite part of the job was the commissions.
Productive Great place to work
Manager on Duty (Current) (Former Employee), Edmonton MarriottOctober 26, 2012
Pros: i am empowered to take care of my guest so that they happy
Cons: long hour
The most enjoyable part of my job is making my staff happy and taking care of all guest making sure that my staff and my hotel as a whole meets the guest expectations. Customers Service relation is my passion I enjoy helping other and putting a smile on every guest face making them happy. It there is a issue i certainly believe in first contact reslotion so i definetly take care of my client upon first contact.
Team work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Calgary/DowntownFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: sometime's long hour
I clean the Washroom,make the bed, high dusting,dusting,mop the floor, vacuum and etc.

I learn a lot things about our daily's job.

The management : no problem they are fair.

About co-workers we are helping each other like a team work.

the hardest part of the job : so far nothing

For me the most enjoyable job is team work helping each other.and every morning we do exercise all the housekeeping department..
Excellent job
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: excellent job
I started at the Marriott as a server and moved my way up to barrister
to food and beverage manger.

I learned the way hotels work from different position from a union employee to non union employee.

All the staff at the Marriott are amazing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the growth inside the hotel. Dealing with guest and ensuring they get the service the are looking for but exceeding their expectations.

The hardest part of the job was leaving the job.Management and staff are great.
Marriott - Toronto
Front Office Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great discounts on all of their marriott hotels.
This was the first hotel I ever worked for and loved it. Very fast paced work environment. While with the company I was able to learn and get a complete understanding of the hospitality industry. The hardest thing about this position was trying to manage work/life balance.The most enjoyable part was the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.
fun place to work at
Event Service Manager,Milestones Rest. Supervisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: meals and doing what i love
Cons: long hours
set up staff for day to day operation
ensure everything is on time
ensure FOH and BOH are working together
making sure our guests are happy
helping guests through there day
setting up next shift for success
looking a head to plane week and month
working with great people
Great Managers
Housekeeper- Restaurant jobs (Former Employee), KingstonMarch 3, 2015
Pros: was able to use employer rate, great managers
Cons: not flexible with working around school schedule in fall
Was part of opening team and grew to different departments. Starting in housekeeping, moved to the restaurant side of the business.

What I like was having a meeting with all departments every morning about 10am. Management recognized certain employees for something they did the day before
Great management team and staff
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: physically demanding
I've been happy with my experience at the Courtyard by Marriott. Management in my department is very approachable and efficient. I learned a great deal about the hospitality industry through my time here. At times the job can be physically challenging; however, it is rewarding in the end. My co-workers are fantastic and the overall environment is very positive.
Great place to work, only seasonal
Night Maid (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 23, 2012
Pros: free lunch/dinner, great work environment
Cons: seasonal
Working at the courtyard was a great experience. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Management was always around to listen and offer advice. My coworkers were a great group of people who I enjoyed to be around. The job consisted of room calls and cleaning of the hotel. Interacting with guests and helping them to their satisfaction always put a smile on my face.
One of the worst hotels to work for in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: discounts on marriotts worldwide.
Cons: everything else.
Management is horrible in that they do not address employee problems. The unionization is a joke. Pay is low. Demands of work due to severe understaffing are ridiculous. Front Office manager gossips about her staff and is extremely rude and unprofessional.
Good place to start out
Cook 3 (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 28, 2013
If you are just starting out this is a good place to work.

The Co-workers were enjoyable to work with, and the management was decent.

A typical day for myself would be to come in for 5am and set up the line for breakfast and to create the daily Lunch special, as well to help out with the buffet and do deserts when required.
Great People, Good and Reliable Organisation.
Good position (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 1, 2015
It will really be a great honour for me, if I could be given an opportunity to work with this reputable organisation and to prove myself with my abilities and add more success to the growth of the company.

Thank you.
Amarachi Joe
Am a good Nigerian from a good christian background. My facebook contact name is Amarachi Joe.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Signficant employee discount
Cons: Still a call centre
The job was fairly easy. For the most part the biggest benefit was the significant hotel discount provided as an employee of the company. I found that scheduling was fairly flexible. At the Sarnia location your only task was to make reservations so for the most part it was fairly easy and customers were content.
Management do preference
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: cafeteria is best service for associate
Cons: i enjoy my work in long hours with my fellow associate
managers treat not fairly with hourly associate
there is no opportunity to grow for certain kind of people
co-worker are very cooperative
management treat not equally every one
no appreciation for certain kind of people
human resources never listen hourly associate
Great the guest in hotel
I did like working there. They moved the reservations that I was working in at the time moved to Fredriction
Laundry Worker (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 9, 2013
Pros: the hours
Cons: heavy work
I would anwser the phones and make reservations for people from all over the wold. For a 1 and a half I worked in the laundry . I did like that job as well . I got along with all of my co-workers as well. It was very heavy work. The best part of the job was working with my co-workers
Great people
Customer Care (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 28, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: tedius
Such a great group of people to work with. It was a nice, clean environment and middle management are a great team.

The job was to take reservations for the Marriott family of Hotels worldwide.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with demanding customers. I want to help everyone get what they want but sometimes what they want wasn't always possible.
Great Employees, Great Workplace
Sales & Events Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
As an intern, I was treated very well and had a great team to work with. Even though my work term was short, the members of the team greeted me with open arms and all members of the Marriott team made a point to welcome me and befriend me. It truly was a great company culture and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the hotel environment.
Headquarters