Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 1, 2016
the co-workers are nice. The salary is good and as worker you have some benefits from Marriott Inc. It is a good place to work.
Fast phased environment and very pleasant co-workers
Front Desk/Night/Auditor/Porter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 2, 2016
Marriott is a great and World Wide know chain to work for. They offer a lot of internal training for employees to grow and better themselves
and to always be up to date with the day to day function of the Industry.
The hours can be all over the place which limits employees to certain extends but for those willing to walk that extra mile they always give acknowledgement when the time comes.
They mostly Hire people part-time which can be hard aspecially when it comes to get another part-time position as schedules change on a weekly basis.
Great Hotel discounts if you like to travel!
Great Work Atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2015
Working with a great close knit team daily makes work enjoyable. Great pay structure, and benefits, and a clean, safe and positive work environment.
Pros
Pay Grade, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Varying Shifts, Unstable hours during low season
They didn't listen to my wishes
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 23, 2016
I worked for this company only for two weeks, I told my manager that I couldn't work full-time until after July 1st. She agreed and told me thats perfect. She didn't listen and gave me 72 hours in less than two weeks. I am still a high school student so that wasn't possible for me to do. She also put me down as part-time but I was working full-time hours. Good people other than that, very understanding and my co-workers were amazing.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts on food, discounts on hotel rooms, tips from the guests
Cons
Good place to start a career
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 21, 2016
Everyone at the Marriott branch I worked at was extremely friendly and everything was well managed. The hardest part about the job is the long hours on your feet but as long as you pace yourself, its worth it. Great place to start a career in hospitality.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner, Pay for training (food safe, serving it right), flexible hours
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, on feet all day
Nice environment, professional and friendly
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 21, 2016
The position at the Marriott offers everything a good hotel is able to offer. Great environment, professional crew, different shifts, valuable interaction with the guests, benefits, solid salary, discounts, access to hotel facilities, parking, staff appreciation lunches and activities.
Pros
Benefits, salary, day shifts.
Cons
Very early mornings.
Highly energetic and ambitious team
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
I personally take everyday as a new opportunity which helps me bring out best out of me. I have a zest of being better and more productive everyday. And, that is what paid off in terms of "Employee of the Month ".
Pros
Flexibility
Productive Work Evironment
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 28, 2016
Unfortunately for the all the responsibility I have the $14 a hour I earn is just not enough it and no job advancement to make more money. Love the Owners and All my Staff but unfortunately I need better money to support my family.
Pros
I managed to create a Great Team
Cons
Not enough money and tons of responsability which i do not mind.
A great place to work
Front Desk and Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2016
I learnt a lot gaining my co-op experience at this hotel along side a really solid and competent team. There was definitely a whole lot that I took away from this place, including work ethics, time management, punctuality, along with the responsibilities a Front Desk Agent.
Great staff, fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 30, 2016
Most enjoyable part is shaking new hands everyday and interacting with people daily face-to-face. Great staff - everyone gets along. Lots of perks, especially the discounted room rates worldwide. Management is great -- door is always open.
Respected being active
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2016
I enjoy working in Marriott because of its multi cultural employees and respect to every one + Enjoyed helping people being volunteer and on job during Fort Mac Fire + Calgary Flood in 2013
Pros
Respect and Flexibility
Cons
Sleepless nights
Great work place with lot's of potential
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 6, 2016
Great working team with excellent Food and Beverage director. Poor management due to uneducated and very autocratic restaurant manager.
Pros
excellent organization
Cons
poor management
A great workplace with lovely co-workers
Engineer 2&3 (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON 90 biscayne crescentApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work would be doing my daily checks around the hotel, preventive maintenance in a few rooms, a bit of chit-chat with co-workers they are easy to talk to. The job is not too hard, and the most enjoyable part are the co-workers.
Pros
Fun job, good hours, understanding management
Productive and Fun workplace
Global Sales and Reservations (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 4, 2016
Booking reservations
how to book a hotel room
Management is very helpful
co-workers are really nice
Having to listen to happy people all day booking vacations and watching people spend money like its going out of style.
Housekeeper // Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 3, 2016
Ive learned a lot on how to proper clean the bathroom and also to clean everything, build new technique. And the staff is they very nice. and the owner of marriott shes very kind and simple. :)
Amazing co-workers and management
Part-Time Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Great place to work! Co-workers are amazing and management is incredible. The guests are wonderful to interact with and make the early mornings worth it.
Nightmare
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 5, 2013
Marriott preaches that they are not a call center, but they are. Typical call center life, low pay, high stress, high expectations and no adequate compensation. You can be in their top sales, and still the management will brow beat you because it is not enough.

Marriott management is just awful, the less work they do, the better they think they are. They do not look out for their employees, or the best interests of their employees, even when illegal activities are occurring. The prior management was incredible however the current management who took over flushed Marriott down the toilet as being a decent employer. To simplify, there used to be standards to even get an interview much less a job there, now they'll take anyone who can write a resume!
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Long list, the travel savings arent worth it
Physically demanding
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2016
Overall, the co-workers at the workplace are amazing and helpful. Management can do some improvments on organization of documents and work. The job is physically demanding and give you too many rooms to clean without enough time.
Pros
Free monthly lunches
Cons
disorganized
Costumer focused enviroment
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 23, 2014
The typical day consists of tending to the guests many need and going above and beyond what would be typically expected. I've learned my different aspects of serving and how to handle and solve any situation. Management is more hands on, and will help out whenever needed. Co-workers typically have been there for many years and are vary familiar. The hardest part of the job is the constant demand of flexibility of scheduling, and being able to wrap a personal life around it. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the guest and getting to know them better.
Pros
Free food, good benifits
Cons
Demanding hours, Taking on extra responsibilities
good job during the summer
Line/Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 27, 2016
good job during the summer. Culinary experience is minimal. work right near niagara falls, and can see it while you cook!

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location