Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good place to start a career
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 August 2016
Everyone at the Marriott branch I worked at was extremely friendly and everything was well managed. The hardest part about the job is the long hours on your feet but as long as you pace yourself, its worth it. Great place to start a career in hospitality.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner, Pay for training (food safe, serving it right), flexible hours
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, on feet all day
They didn't listen to my wishes
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 June 2016
I worked for this company only for two weeks, I told my manager that I couldn't work full-time until after July 1st. She agreed and told me thats perfect. She didn't listen and gave me 72 hours in less than two weeks. I am still a high school student so that wasn't possible for me to do. She also put me down as part-time but I was working full-time hours. Good people other than that, very understanding and my co-workers were amazing.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts on food, discounts on hotel rooms, tips from the guests
great benefits
sous chef/chef de partie (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2016
they offer great pay and great benefits. I poured my heart, soul, and most importantly time into my job. when it came time to move forward in my job I was held back, so I moved on elsewhere.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management care more about bonuses than their employees
Nice environment, professional and friendly
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2016
The position at the Marriott offers everything a good hotel is able to offer. Great environment, professional crew, different shifts, valuable interaction with the guests, benefits, solid salary, discounts, access to hotel facilities, parking, staff appreciation lunches and activities.
Pros
Benefits, salary, day shifts.
Cons
Very early mornings.
Fast phased environment and very pleasant co-workers
Front Desk/Night/Auditor/Porter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2016
Marriott is a great and World Wide know chain to work for. They offer a lot of internal training for employees to grow and better themselves
and to always be up to date with the day to day function of the Industry.
The hours can be all over the place which limits employees to certain extends but for those willing to walk that extra mile they always give acknowledgement when the time comes.
They mostly Hire people part-time which can be hard aspecially when it comes to get another part-time position as schedules change on a weekly basis.
Great Hotel discounts if you like to travel!
Productive Work Evironment
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON28 June 2016
Unfortunately for the all the responsibility I have the $14 a hour I earn is just not enough it and no job advancement to make more money. Love the Owners and All my Staff but unfortunately I need better money to support my family.
Pros
I managed to create a Great Team
Cons
Not enough money and tons of responsability which i do not mind.
I like your company and work with you go more experices
Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2016
I objective to obtain a full time position as a professional cleaning and Houseperson. and customer service skills. I like my jobs ,listen to the guest and company polices.
A great place to work
Front Desk and Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2016
I learnt a lot gaining my co-op experience at this hotel along side a really solid and competent team. There was definitely a whole lot that I took away from this place, including work ethics, time management, punctuality, along with the responsibilities a Front Desk Agent.
Great staff, fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2016
Most enjoyable part is shaking new hands everyday and interacting with people daily face-to-face. Great staff - everyone gets along. Lots of perks, especially the discounted room rates worldwide. Management is great -- door is always open.
Respected being active
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2016
I enjoy working in Marriott because of its multi cultural employees and respect to every one + Enjoyed helping people being volunteer and on job during Fort Mac Fire + Calgary Flood in 2013
Pros
Respect and Flexibility
Cons
Sleepless nights
A great workplace with lovely co-workers
Engineer 2&3 (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON 90 biscayne crescent19 April 2016
A typical day at work would be doing my daily checks around the hotel, preventive maintenance in a few rooms, a bit of chit-chat with co-workers they are easy to talk to. The job is not too hard, and the most enjoyable part are the co-workers.
Pros
Fun job, good hours, understanding management
Great work place with lot's of potential
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 June 2016
Great working team with excellent Food and Beverage director. Poor management due to uneducated and very autocratic restaurant manager.
Pros
excellent organization
Cons
poor management
Physically demanding
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2016
Overall, the co-workers at the workplace are amazing and helpful. Management can do some improvments on organization of documents and work. The job is physically demanding and give you too many rooms to clean without enough time.
Pros
Free monthly lunches
Cons
disorganized
Housekeeper // Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2016
Ive learned a lot on how to proper clean the bathroom and also to clean everything, build new technique. And the staff is they very nice. and the owner of marriott shes very kind and simple. :)
Amazing co-workers and management
Part-Time Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Great place to work! Co-workers are amazing and management is incredible. The guests are wonderful to interact with and make the early mornings worth it.
Highly energetic and ambitious team
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2016
I personally take everyday as a new opportunity which helps me bring out best out of me. I have a zest of being better and more productive everyday. And, that is what paid off in terms of "Employee of the Month ".
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Working for Marriott International, Inc. is great!
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 April 2016
There is always something knew you learn at the end of the day. Being able to work with people of different backgrounds is one of the best things a work place can offer and they do just that.
Diverse Work Place
Hostess at the Kitchen Buffet Bistro (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2016
- Very knowledgeable and experienced co-workers
- Fast-paced but Fun working environment
- Internal recognition program that will motivate you to work harder
Productive and Fun workplace
Global Sales and Reservations (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 March 2016
Booking reservations
how to book a hotel room
Management is very helpful
co-workers are really nice
Having to listen to happy people all day booking vacations and watching people spend money like its going out of style.
good job during the summer
Line/Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 May 2016
good job during the summer. Culinary experience is minimal. work right near niagara falls, and can see it while you cook!

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location