Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Staff was great to work with
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Baie-d'urfe, QC10 May 2017
Staff and guests were great to work with

New hotel

Nice pool

Lots of reports

Work with all the guest requests

Learned new computer system .

Loved being with the guests

Micro managed by manager
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Manager difficult to work with
Best Company I have ever worked for
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, MB29 March 2017
I worked for the Marriott in Melbourne in 2013 and by far the best hotel. Unfortunately I was only there for 3 months due to personal reasons but everything about the how they operate from the GM all the way down is like a huge family. They say no one leaves the Marriott and you wonder why. Would definitely work for them again hands down if given the opportunity.
Pros
Awesome Staff
Cons
Cant think of any
good job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 March 2017
this housekeeping position is very tiring on the feet all day. You complete your room itinerary then go home.so there's no set hours when you finish work. especially since your on call.
Cons
long hours on feet
Well it wouldn't be bad...
Customer service, reservation sales (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 February 2017
If it weren't for the poor management who care only for numbers and not at all about their staff, this wouldn't be a half bad place to work.
As it is, it's a call center/service, so you have to put up with a LOT of garbage from customers. On top of that, bonus' are dangled in front of your face, but only seem to be given to those in the "in crowd" and aren't actually merit based rewards. You can have amazing sales numbers and not get an incentive or a raise, yet your co-worker who you know to have stats far below your own will get incentive's every month.
They say there's lots of room for advancement with in the company, but there is not, unless you're an American greencard holder. They say there's yearly raises, but they're so small it's not even worth trying for.
I will say this, if you're older, don't need a job to say pay your bills (as they do not pay a livable wage) and just want to take advantage of their employee discount program, this is a great job to take because the only upside to working at Marriott is the generous discount given to employees, that being said, even at their low employee rates, it is really hard to afford any sort of vacation as their pay is barely above minimum wage and is not at all a livable wage.
Pros
Generous discounts for hotels
Cons
Pretty much everything else, poor management, less than livable wage, high quota's
Meet new people/Hospitality lifestyle
Baquets (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 December 2016
- Highly experienced bartender and banquet server (Smart serve certified) - Responsible for leading & managing a small group of employees during functions, set-ups & take down of weddings, parties, office meetings, & other functions & events - Front of line communications with guests in a professional, knowledgable, & appropriate manner
great benefits
sous chef/chef de partie (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2016
they offer great pay and great benefits. I poured my heart, soul, and most importantly time into my job. when it came time to move forward in my job I was held back, so I moved on elsewhere.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management care more about bonuses than their employees
I like your company and work with you go more experices
Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2016
I objective to obtain a full time position as a professional cleaning and Houseperson. and customer service skills. I like my jobs ,listen to the guest and company polices.
Good place to start a career
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 August 2016
Everyone at the Marriott branch I worked at was extremely friendly and everything was well managed. The hardest part about the job is the long hours on your feet but as long as you pace yourself, its worth it. Great place to start a career in hospitality.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner, Pay for training (food safe, serving it right), flexible hours
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, on feet all day
Great staff, fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2016
Most enjoyable part is shaking new hands everyday and interacting with people daily face-to-face. Great staff - everyone gets along. Lots of perks, especially the discounted room rates worldwide. Management is great -- door is always open.
Productive Work Evironment
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON28 June 2016
Unfortunately for the all the responsibility I have the $14 a hour I earn is just not enough it and no job advancement to make more money. Love the Owners and All my Staff but unfortunately I need better money to support my family.
Pros
I managed to create a Great Team
Cons
Not enough money and tons of responsability which i do not mind.
Respected being active
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2016
I enjoy working in Marriott because of its multi cultural employees and respect to every one + Enjoyed helping people being volunteer and on job during Fort Mac Fire + Calgary Flood in 2013
Pros
Respect and Flexibility
Cons
Sleepless nights
They didn't listen to my wishes
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 June 2016
I worked for this company only for two weeks, I told my manager that I couldn't work full-time until after July 1st. She agreed and told me thats perfect. She didn't listen and gave me 72 hours in less than two weeks. I am still a high school student so that wasn't possible for me to do. She also put me down as part-time but I was working full-time hours. Good people other than that, very understanding and my co-workers were amazing.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts on food, discounts on hotel rooms, tips from the guests
Cons
Nice environment, professional and friendly
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2016
The position at the Marriott offers everything a good hotel is able to offer. Great environment, professional crew, different shifts, valuable interaction with the guests, benefits, solid salary, discounts, access to hotel facilities, parking, staff appreciation lunches and activities.
Pros
Benefits, salary, day shifts.
Cons
Very early mornings.
A great place to work
Front Desk and Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2016
I learnt a lot gaining my co-op experience at this hotel along side a really solid and competent team. There was definitely a whole lot that I took away from this place, including work ethics, time management, punctuality, along with the responsibilities a Front Desk Agent.
Travail de gros volume
Cuisinière tournante, commis (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 June 2016
les journées sont souvent bien chargé! definitivement un endroit pour apprendre à gérer du gros volume.
Pros
avantages sociaux
Cons
travail sous pression et stressant
Great work place with lot's of potential
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 June 2016
Great working team with excellent Food and Beverage director. Poor management due to uneducated and very autocratic restaurant manager.
Pros
excellent organization
Cons
poor management
Housekeeper // Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2016
Ive learned a lot on how to proper clean the bathroom and also to clean everything, build new technique. And the staff is they very nice. and the owner of marriott shes very kind and simple. :)
Fast phased environment and very pleasant co-workers
Front Desk/Night/Auditor/Porter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2016
Marriott is a great and World Wide know chain to work for. They offer a lot of internal training for employees to grow and better themselves
and to always be up to date with the day to day function of the Industry.
The hours can be all over the place which limits employees to certain extends but for those willing to walk that extra mile they always give acknowledgement when the time comes.
They mostly Hire people part-time which can be hard aspecially when it comes to get another part-time position as schedules change on a weekly basis.
Great Hotel discounts if you like to travel!
good job during the summer
Line/Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 May 2016
good job during the summer. Culinary experience is minimal. work right near niagara falls, and can see it while you cook!
Amazing co-workers and management
Part-Time Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Great place to work! Co-workers are amazing and management is incredible. The guests are wonderful to interact with and make the early mornings worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location