Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Team work
Administrative & Operations Assistant (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Challenges
Cons: there are none
Working at the Marriott has built my confidence in who I am and what I can accomplish.

My day has challenges never the same learning to love the accounting aspect and would like to learn more with all areas.

My co-workers are friends and are very special to me.
Good people bad management.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton Alberta CanadaJuly 4, 2015
Pros: 3 dollar staff menu in the restaurant
Cons: Unreasonable management
Great environment to work in, Good co workers and great location.

Unreasonable management, Never listens to the needs of the job, or staff, Improper supply of parts and tools, Expected to pay for parts tools and paint out of your own pocket.
Fun and Interactive Workplace
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 24, 2015
- Check in guest, Answer phone calls, deal with inquiries and make reservations
- Interact with guests
- Report to management about any issues
- Multitask
- Pass on important messages to my co workers
some good people
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJune 15, 2015
Pros: free BBQ
Cons: work every weekend
fast pace. how to work on heat pumps exc. work with a good group of people. unplugging clogged washrooms.learning new things
Great people
Customer Care (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 28, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: tedius
Such a great group of people to work with. It was a nice, clean environment and middle management are a great team.

The job was to take reservations for the Marriott family of Hotels worldwide.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with demanding customers. I want to help everyone get what they want but sometimes what they want wasn't always possible.
Good Workplace but Seasonal Layoff
Guest Services/ Houseperson (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Seasonal LAYOFF
Good workplace with free lunch but its a seasonal with layoff in winter. Management is good and helpful. Overall an OK experience
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Signficant employee discount
Cons: Still a call centre
The job was fairly easy. For the most part the biggest benefit was the significant hotel discount provided as an employee of the company. I found that scheduling was fairly flexible. At the Sarnia location your only task was to make reservations so for the most part it was fairly easy and customers were content.
Typical Shift
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 20, 2015
Each shift starts with a look at the arrivals, departures, meetings/events planned for the day. Then a look at emails that have been sent prior to your shift for any updates. The next tasks are to print the contingency report and to make sure that Elite Members have their rooms blocked as well as their requests fulfilled before they start arriving (around 4 pm). A call around is done for the occupancy and rate of other hotels in the area in case a guest needs a room and we are at maximum occupancy.
The staff were fun
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2015
Cons: low salary
Fast pace environment with great staff and reasonable flexible hours however the work itself was pretty boring and the hourly wage was low.
the people are great, but the management is negative.
Housekeeping Staff (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 27, 2015
The hours of housekeeping are good, never work after 6. The pay is minimum wage and the management is continuously testing to see if we are aware of certain practices. Also, if change in behaviour is needed the lines of communication are not effective. The best part is the other housekeepers and their humour. The worst part is the pay to expectation ratio.
Oustanding Management
Front Desk Clerk & Reception (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 15, 2015
I learned a lot and did not have any complaints. My work was fulfilling and left only because the contract was over. Working here was instrumental in aiding me to gain employability skills.
One of the best companies to work for
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee), Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton CentreMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no full time postions available
The Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre is a delightful place to work. I am greeted by all of my fellow employees as soon as I walk in the door. The pay rate is very good and the work load is easily managable. My direct supervisor is a very well organized and compassionate person. The hardest part of my job is doing large set-ups by myself. the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all of my clients completely satisfied with the services we provide.
Great Managers
Housekeeper- Restaurant jobs (Former Employee), KingstonMarch 3, 2015
Pros: was able to use employer rate, great managers
Cons: not flexible with working around school schedule in fall
Was part of opening team and grew to different departments. Starting in housekeeping, moved to the restaurant side of the business.

What I like was having a meeting with all departments every morning about 10am. Management recognized certain employees for something they did the day before
It was a fun work place where everyone respected each other
HOTEL CONCIERGE (Current Employee), Niagara FallsFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great work environment easy to come in too everyday
Cons: the slow times having to hand and wait for guest
A typical day would consist of me checking people in and out of the hotel answering guests complaints and questions. I learned how to deal with angry guest while being curduious and making sure to always find a solution. My management group was good always gave time off when needed and always helped you with situations if needed. Co- works were extremly nice I still keep in contact with them over my school year. The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part are the same, it was the interacting with the guest and dealing with complaints was the hardest part because sometimes it wasn't easy to keep the guest happy but the was the enjoyable was to find out what was wrong and fix it.

Cole Cheropita
Call Centre Environment with fun people to work with
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: hotel room perks, free lunches, large lounge for work team
Cons: never changing environment
I worked 8 hour days where I learned interpersonal skills through telephone sales. Management was very helpful and my co workers were a valuable asset to have beside me. Hardest part of the job was selling to people who were not interested in particular properties when others were sold out. My favourite part of the job was the commissions.
good place to meet new people
GSA/Night Auditor/Night Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Exciting place. Got to meet alot of nice people. We generally had the flight crews stay with us. They were completely friendly and met alot of new friends.
fun place to work
Sr. Maintenance (Former Employee), TMEC/ TMAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: salary pay
Cons: long hours
Outside guest satisfaction as well as internal guest.different days different issues to tackle.team work ok.
Great experienced at Hotel
Internship (Former Employee), Markham, ONDecember 20, 2014
Learned problem solving skills

Learned how to communicate
great place and opportunity to learn
Room attendant (Former Employee), Markham, ONDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee
mornings are always fast paced, greeting our guests, some checking in, some checking out and some just grabbing breakfast,
i pack my cart up and get going, 15 sweets to get done.
iv learned bed making techniques, chemical handling, hotel procedure,
Beautiful resort in Muskoka
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Minett, ONOctober 23, 2014
In a short time, I learned the importance of teamwork and working independently. The Marriott emphasized teamwork and the idea of being an orchestra - this idea was proven under extremely busy days, as people from different departments aided others. I learned the importance of time management and of the satisfaction of guests. I had strong relationships with my co-workers; everyone helped each other in various ways. The hardest part of the job was the hours - we were understaffed and working over time every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing guests come from all over to vacation in such a remote, but quaint place... and to see their reactions of the stunning view of the lake.

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos