Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast phased environment and very pleasant co-workers
Front Desk/Night/Auditor/Porter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 2, 2016
Marriott is a great and World Wide know chain to work for. They offer a lot of internal training for employees to grow and better themselves
and to always be up to date with the day to day function of the Industry.
The hours can be all over the place which limits employees to certain extends but for those willing to walk that extra mile they always give acknowledgement when the time comes.
They mostly Hire people part-time which can be hard aspecially when it comes to get another part-time position as schedules change on a weekly basis.
Great Hotel discounts if you like to travel!
They didn't listen to my wishes
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 23, 2016
I worked for this company only for two weeks, I told my manager that I couldn't work full-time until after July 1st. She agreed and told me thats perfect. She didn't listen and gave me 72 hours in less than two weeks. I am still a high school student so that wasn't possible for me to do. She also put me down as part-time but I was working full-time hours. Good people other than that, very understanding and my co-workers were amazing.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts on food, discounts on hotel rooms, tips from the guests
Cons
Highly energetic and ambitious team
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
I personally take everyday as a new opportunity which helps me bring out best out of me. I have a zest of being better and more productive everyday. And, that is what paid off in terms of "Employee of the Month ".
Pros
Flexibility
Excellent place to work
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Demanding schedules requiring a lot of creativity and attention to details.
Gives you a great insight into people's way of thinking, their nature, their concerns and fears and creative ways to abate them and assist them to have a great event.
Time management is so critical as sometimes the customers are highly anxious about the success of their event and sometimes unreasonable and/or too demanding. Also learned how to deal without taking things personally.
Co workers are fabulous. The focus is on customer satisfaction. They set aside personal differences and politics and cooperate unconditionally to meet the company goals.
The hardest part of the job is to bite your tongue at unwarranted rudeness especially when you are going out of the way to please and make them comfortable. This is more so when customers try to take advantage of your hospitality.
The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction you get when you see the look on the customer's faces at the completion of event. It makes going all out of the way and the exhaustion all worthwhile.
Pros
Lots of personal satisfaction
Cons
Irregular and irregular hours and exhaustion
Productive and Fun workplace
Global Sales and Reservations (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 4, 2016
Booking reservations
how to book a hotel room
Management is very helpful
co-workers are really nice
Having to listen to happy people all day booking vacations and watching people spend money like its going out of style.
Good place to start a career
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 21, 2016
Everyone at the Marriott branch I worked at was extremely friendly and everything was well managed. The hardest part about the job is the long hours on your feet but as long as you pace yourself, its worth it. Great place to start a career in hospitality.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner, Pay for training (food safe, serving it right), flexible hours
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, on feet all day
Nice environment, professional and friendly
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 21, 2016
The position at the Marriott offers everything a good hotel is able to offer. Great environment, professional crew, different shifts, valuable interaction with the guests, benefits, solid salary, discounts, access to hotel facilities, parking, staff appreciation lunches and activities.
Pros
Benefits, salary, day shifts.
Cons
Very early mornings.
excellent work environment can be improved.
Food&Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2016
wonderful property.need improvement in skills and tech in day to day operations.more on fundamental details to improve work culture and atmosphere.
good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 1, 2016
the co-workers are nice. The salary is good and as worker you have some benefits from Marriott Inc. It is a good place to work.
Productive Work Evironment
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 28, 2016
Unfortunately for the all the responsibility I have the $14 a hour I earn is just not enough it and no job advancement to make more money. Love the Owners and All my Staff but unfortunately I need better money to support my family.
Pros
I managed to create a Great Team
Cons
Not enough money and tons of responsability which i do not mind.
Good job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 5, 2016
Dust, sweep, scrub, mop
Wax and polish floors and furniture
Move equipment and furniture
Set up boardrooms for meeting
Collect and dispose of waste and garbage
Remove soiled linens
Cleaned, sanitized and made beds
Vacuumed and washed carpets
Provided a sanitized environment for the safety and well being of patients, visitors, doctors and employees
A great place to work
Front Desk and Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2016
I learnt a lot gaining my co-op experience at this hotel along side a really solid and competent team. There was definitely a whole lot that I took away from this place, including work ethics, time management, punctuality, along with the responsibilities a Front Desk Agent.
Great staff, fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 30, 2016
Most enjoyable part is shaking new hands everyday and interacting with people daily face-to-face. Great staff - everyone gets along. Lots of perks, especially the discounted room rates worldwide. Management is great -- door is always open.
Respected being active
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2016
I enjoy working in Marriott because of its multi cultural employees and respect to every one + Enjoyed helping people being volunteer and on job during Fort Mac Fire + Calgary Flood in 2013
Pros
Respect and Flexibility
Cons
Sleepless nights
Very fun
Attendent (Former Employee) –  345 Jefferson RdSeptember 25, 2015
A typical work day for me was to arrive at 7:00 A.M. I was in charge of the front of the laundrymat. I would first check all washers and dryers to see if any clothes were left overnight. If so i would bag and tag it with the date on it and put it aside in case the owner came back. Then i would go and start my accounts that i had for that day and any fluff and folds from the night before. At 8:00 i would open the laundrymat for the customers. The rest of the day i would continue my accounts. The accounts came from alot of different clients. Wich conconsist of Doctor offices, Dentist, Hotels, Nursing homes, gyms, Resturants, and fluff and folds from customers. I would also be charge of cleanig the laundrymat and helping out the customers with change and other questions. I loved all of my co-workers there and still do they are like family there. The hardest part of my job was when i had to work two shifts in one day. The most enjoyable part of my job there was the atmosphere never a dull moment.
Pros
great pay
Great experience!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 24, 2015
Hospitality Management Experiences
Plan and direct operations of all departments.
Evaluate changes and guest needs and insure fulfillment
Monitor and maintain financial performance
Responsible for overall guest satisfaction
Resolve guests problems
Conduct daily standup meetings with stuff especially during shift changes
Oversee employees to insure provision of quality service
A great workplace with lovely co-workers
Engineer 2&3 (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON 90 biscayne crescentApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work would be doing my daily checks around the hotel, preventive maintenance in a few rooms, a bit of chit-chat with co-workers they are easy to talk to. The job is not too hard, and the most enjoyable part are the co-workers.
Pros
Fun job, good hours, understanding management
Great work place with lot's of potential
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 6, 2016
Great working team with excellent Food and Beverage director. Poor management due to uneducated and very autocratic restaurant manager.
Pros
excellent organization
Cons
poor management
Housekeeper // Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 3, 2016
Ive learned a lot on how to proper clean the bathroom and also to clean everything, build new technique. And the staff is they very nice. and the owner of marriott shes very kind and simple. :)
Amazing co-workers and management
Part-Time Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Great place to work! Co-workers are amazing and management is incredible. The guests are wonderful to interact with and make the early mornings worth it.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location