Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive, resolve problems and good job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2018
- The typical day at work is always do the best I can do to provide the best service for my clients.
- Every day I learn more and more with my coo-works, and clients.
- Be a manager is take care about all of responsibility, and make the
work environment good for all.
- Analyze, and activate the company culture for organizational success.
- When we have all schedule of the day organized and make it works we do not have hardest part of the job.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is see that every things going okay and not just me, but coo-works and clients is are happy.
Experience at Sheraton
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Sheraton on the Falls, ON13 February 2018
I worked at Sheraton on the Falls for 4 months during the 2017 summer months for my college co-op. I don't know where to begin with the review, except I would never go back to Sheraton on the Falls. Next to no job security, agents often discussed the likelihood of one of us being fired/laid off. Supervisors doing managers jobs, Front Desk agents doing supervisory jobs. I'm looking for a job where I feel appreciated and involved, with a goal that everyone can get behind and appreciate
Pros
Upsell bonuses
Cons
Job security
Only the finest services offered to all ladies and gentlemen
Cook 4 (Former Employee) –  Avon, CO6 February 2018
Our supervisors do line-ups to all the kitchen staff for the reservations we have every day. One of the most fun placed I've work since I encounter people with different nationality. And there are fun activities offered in our hotel that we can avail on our rest day.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner
Great Work Environment
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Muskoka, ON4 February 2018
My peer were very supportive when I started out helping me and teaching me the ways of the workplace. Allowing me to ease into the job and become a useful part of the team
Pros
Subway Lunch
Cons
Standing for long hours
Cheap much?
Esthetician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2018
Are you people that cheap and unreasonable that you want one person to do multiple types of jobs for one salary? Really?... esthetician/receptionist/maid/sales associate . My goodness.
leant many new skills
FIG SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  sheraton manitoba18 January 2018
loved working in solitude in the bush working so close to nature i walked out of contract work when completed very satisfied an will venture to that kind of work experience if opportunity arises again
Good Workspace
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia5 January 2018
I never worked here but I have history working at Four Points most of the people were rude but gave me good compensation. I enjoyed the luxury the hotel gives and will love to go back for that reason.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Employers
productive day and fun place to work.
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 December 2017
Very busy on days that Banquets are going on. Learned on how to order chemicals and how things work in the Banquets area, like plating and sorting the proper way of dishes
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long Hours
Star wood
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON28 December 2017
It’s a good work place friendly people they provide lunch and good trainging easy to get used to the hours don’t change the trainers up on the floor make sure you are always helped when you first get up there
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
People
Great leadership
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2017
I like the leadership in Sheraton hotel. Managers are great, and they always make small conversation with you, and ask how you doing, even you as a co-op student. Great people to work with, most of them are genuine hard- working people. Great place to work at!
I dont recommend to apply for this company
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 December 2017
The HR Manager will hire you as a full time but after the one week training thats the start of your on call schedule based on the hotel occupancy.And after your probationary period if the management dont like you they will terminate your contract without a valid reason.
Pros
Cons
They will use you when they need you
westin hotel
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
I would lime to gain more work expérience in the Marriott hotel relaetd to Great Customer service as i Am intéresser to work there.
Tanks for taking it
Great company to work for.
Sales Training Coordinator - Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC15 December 2017
Amazing values, great management. They values their employees and let you growth within the organization.
Great, challenging place to work for
Food and Beverage Trainee (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL9 December 2017
the Riz is very good place to work for and grow in the hospitality industry. i learnt a lot in this company, i became more proffessional than i was. It is such amazing the training is very good. Unfortunately some employees never like working as a team in which i think its often good. It was more like each man for himself. the management is ok and more strict when it comes to the company policies. the hardest part for this job is the hours which are too long.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Pure trash, but a job is a job
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 November 2017
The only thing i can think that was a positive was the people but they're no match for the massive steaming pile that was literally everything else.
There were a grand total of 4 housekeepers. 4. seriously. And most of the time we only had 3 because one of them was over at the other hotel. Getting 20-25 rooms to clean wasn't unusual. (I've even seen 31) And it's not like these were all stays either, this was a normal day.
Even with all that, they then decided to give us a management checklist. You know, a list of all the things we shouldn't have to do because it's not our job? Yea, we had to do them.
At least there was no shortage of hours.

The people really were great though. Everyone helped each other out when they finished and we all got along really well. *cough* Until they get fed up and quit within 6 months. *cough*
Pros
1$ breakfast oh wait they stopped that. Great benifits opps wait they don't know what those are.
Cons
Advancement? what does that mean? Crazy understaffed, etc
Good
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2017
For the short time that I volunteered there, I'd say that it is a good place. The staff are very friendly and are close. The staff take good care of their customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
can get very busy, especially during holidays
Difficult to get your concerns across
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 November 2017
It is often difficult if you have any concerns to get your point across to the management. Some room for growth, but you have to work hard and sell your soul.
Pros
Free staff food. Coworkers are great. Pay is fairly high
Cons
Management needs to learn how to motivate and appreciate their people
Great coworkers but stressful work
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON16 November 2017
All the reviews are quite accurate. I appreciated the training and guaranteed full-time work. I loved working with the manager in charge of my team. Actually, many of the managers I came in contact with were excellent and incredibly helpful.

I left because I felt stuck. There was a lot of talk about opportunity for advancement but, while I qualified for the next tier within less than a month out of training and consistently topped my team in sales, I was not advanced nor trained for the next tier in the 9 months I was there.

And I dreaded going to work a lot of days because there are a lot of rude customers that verbally attack you if you can not give them the answer that they want. This job is perfect for thick skinned, extroverted individuals. Just not for me.
Pros
Guaranteed hours, good managers
Cons
Verbal abuse by customers, slow advancement
alright
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 November 2017
management is constantly changing - meaning new rules/ideas. no consistency. Good pay and great guest service agents...................................
Fun place to work
Bed Maker (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON9 November 2017
The westin, was a good environment to work in but a lot of hard work. I enjoyed my time at the Westin. From working at the westin I got a free ski pass which was really nice. The staff and people at the Westin are very kind. The most enjoyable part about working at the Westin would be after I make my beds seeing how nice they look, and how happy the guests are with my service to the Westin. It is a very pretty hotel, lots of people from all over come to stay in it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Tired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K