Marriott International, Inc.
1,993 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Freedom to work, creative and the best team.
EVENTS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Dubai, DUApril 8, 2014
Great people as mentors to work with and few of them were amazing friends.
Compensation and living standards for rank and file staff and especially casual banquet labour needs to be seriously revised in an open forum.
Day at work
Front desk agent (Current Employee), CalgaryApril 6, 2014
-assist guest check in and check out
- handle cash and credit car record
- basic accounting and booking of hotel
fun place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long hours
this place is giving very less salary for the supervisor, then make them work for long hours
It is a different world
Maintenance Expert (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 31, 2014
Pros: personal development through work in a team
Cons: rotation of shifts
It was our live life to discover. We were passionate about our service, We've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. This was not just a place to spend the day, this was a place to discover, a place in the world with our style and our magic touch.
Very Interesting
Bellman (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: hours
I was in charge of the save keeping of bags or luggage. I also, booked limos or taxi's for the customers and sent out packages if it was requested.
Costumer focused enviroment
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: free food, good benifits
Cons: demanding hours, taking on extra responsibilities
The typical day consists of tending to the guests many need and going above and beyond what would be typically expected. I've learned my different aspects of serving and how to handle and solve any situation. Management is more hands on, and will help out whenever needed. Co-workers typically have been there for many years and are vary familiar. The – more... hardest part of the job is the constant demand of flexibility of scheduling, and being able to wrap a personal life around it. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the guest and getting to know them better. – less
Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 16, 2014
I work three distinct jobs within Marriott: front desk, night audit, and maintenance. For the most part, these jobs include a large emphasis on guest relations and being "the face of the company." Throughout my experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott, I have learned a lot about how the computer systems for Marriott properties operate, how the financial – more... information is updated into the company's database, valuable lessons from guest service interactions, and the importance of communication in the workplace. I have also trained others employees in how to work the front desk and night audit positions.

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job- the customer interactions. We receive a lot of business travelers, who are often overworked, stressed out, and cannot catch a break. Sometimes it is difficult to assist an unhappy guest, but at the same time it is a blessing to be able to fix the situation and maybe be the one bright spot that our guest had all day. – less
Flexible, friendly work area
Front Desk Clerk, Night Auditor (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, friendly staff/working environment
Cons: permanent swing shift, little advancement
The most difficult part of this job is being able to not only manage the hotel, but to keep up with any concerns or questions from the guests. They will either call or come down to the front desk and you will have to respond in a timely manner. You can mention it may take some time, but it is essential to get back to them ASAP.

I learned a lot working – more... at this hotel, as it gave me a greater understanding of high expectations to time management and resolving of concerns.

Day to day, you answer phones, make reservations, transfer calls, assist guests with their questions about the local area, assist guests if there is an issue to be resolved, work with fellow employees to ensure that the guests are taken care of, and always do it with a smile.

The Management is always on the ball if you keep them informed of any on-goings within the hotel. They will back up the Front Desk if they had to make a judgement call, and they are good about being professional when there is anything that needs to be spoken to about in private. The employees are friendly, kind and always willing to help out, and everyone is a team player. – less
Great management team and staff
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: physically demanding
I've been happy with my experience at the Courtyard by Marriott. Management in my department is very approachable and efficient. I learned a great deal about the hospitality industry through my time here. At times the job can be physically challenging; however, it is rewarding in the end. My co-workers are fantastic and the overall environment is very – more... positive. – less
I feel this company is a great place to work
Night Audit Lead (Former Employee), RiverCree ResortJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: transportation to work
I feel the Marriott is a very pleasant place to work. The leaders are very supportive and willing to help you when it is needed.
I enjoyed the co-workers and learn so much from other staff.
The hardest part of the job was working the night shift and adjusting to the hours.
The most enjoyable of the job was the guest and ensuring they had a pleasant – more... stay with us and knowing they were going to return and stay with us more.
The staff and how well everyone got along and willing to help in difficult situations. – less
Fun place to work , Productive
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Performs housekeeping duties as needed , assigns rooms and duties to staff. creates schedule rosters and ensure that duties and responsibilities are carried out. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Room attendant
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: insufficent pay
Part time-made beds,cleaned rooms
team work
management was good
co-workers were friendly
long hours of bending
meet all kinds of people
this company was a great company to work at.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2013
I hope I can work back there since it is close to my house and they have a wonderful staff.
Lots of discount
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough hours
Clean everything that is required of ud to clean....receive orders from the chef help the kichen as soul chef
Productive, Fun and Great Company with great benefits
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2013
Marriott is a great company with amazing culture. Benefits are really great as well.
Productive Environtment
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee), Minett, ONNovember 3, 2013
Pros: the people whom work there.
The Marriott International, Inc. group is a wonderful company to be involved with. The training provided within each department is exceptional, allowing each employee to fully enjoy and take pride in the work that they do. The culture of people at the Marriott makes it exceptionally easy to garner lifelong friendships.
Amazing and Memorable
Room Attendant (Former Employee), INOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: fix hours
this is the first job, it was really enjoyable for me coz this is also my first time to go in the united states that's why its memorable for me. even im too far in my family i didnt feel that im homesick coz it was a great experience for me, im enjoying every single day even off days. my job is not easy but i've learned so much . i meet so many peoples, – more... adapting cultures, etc... in the first time it was hard coz im new but when i enjoyed it , was very easy for me and im so fast to learn from it i cant believe it,. and all my co workers are friendly and nice, – less
Fun place to work at.
Supervisor Auto Park (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCOctober 7, 2013
Good benefits and good people to work with. The customers can sometimes be very rude. Do not take it personal.
NIce place for the family and extended stays guests
Room Attendant (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCSeptember 26, 2013
Five days of works with no permanent day off.
I learned to work hard and needs to have patience
Management is excellent.
Co-workers are kind and friendly.
Cleaning rooms with longstay clients.
I enjoyed doing the beds.
Marriott was my training for my future.
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: positive
I worked under a qualified chef, he was my mentor. The general Manager at the time sent me for many training courses to aid in my training, I moved up the ladder quickly, this job was the one to help choose my carrer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos