Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A great workplace with lovely co-workers
Engineer 2&3 (Current Employee), Brampton, ON 90 biscayne crescentApril 19, 2016
Pros: Fun job, good hours, understanding management
A typical day at work would be doing my daily checks around the hotel, preventive maintenance in a few rooms, a bit of chit-chat with co-workers they are easy to talk to. The job is not too hard, and the most enjoyable part are the co-workers.
Physically demanding
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: Free monthly lunches
Cons: disorganized
Overall, the co-workers at the workplace are amazing and helpful. Management can do some improvments on organization of documents and work. The job is physically demanding and give you too many rooms to clean without enough time.
Working for Marriott International, Inc. is great!
Room Attendant (Former Employee), OntarioApril 10, 2016
There is always something knew you learn at the end of the day. Being able to work with people of different backgrounds is one of the best things a work place can offer and they do just that.
Highly energetic and ambitious team
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Long hours
I personally take everyday as a new opportunity which helps me bring out best out of me. I have a zest of being better and more productive everyday. And, that is what paid off in terms of "Employee of the Month ".
good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 1, 2016
the co-workers are nice. The salary is good and as worker you have some benefits from Marriott Inc. It is a good place to work.
excellent work environment can be improved.
Food&Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2016
wonderful property.need improvement in skills and tech in day to day operations.more on fundamental details to improve work culture and atmosphere.
Productive and Fun workplace
Global Sales and Reservations (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 4, 2016
Booking reservations
how to book a hotel room
Management is very helpful
co-workers are really nice
Having to listen to happy people all day booking vacations and watching people spend money like its going out of style.
Customer service position in a hospitality environment.
Guest Services Agent / Night Auditor (Current Employee), Toronto Airport/ EtobicokeFebruary 25, 2016
This workplace is very productive, fast-paced and teaches its employees a lot of skills that can be used in any future position. Being in the hospitality industry is a great way to learn many skills such as customer service, problem solving, time management and customer care.
Team work
Gérante/Agente de réservation/Concierge (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: Free dinners, friendly atmosphere, ever changing clientele
Cons: Long hours, lots of responsibility for a student
This was the first time I worked in a unionized environment. The team work was fantastic, everybody got along, and most people even met up for a drink or coffee or a meal after work. I worked overnight as I was in school during the day. I learned everything there was to know about the Tourism industry having gone from Room Service, to front desk, to night auditor, to Concierge, to manager. It was very enriching and fast paced in terms of promotions if you really wanted it. I even won a Star of the City which is an award from the Maire of the City that is given at a conference to those who excel in Customer Service.
Beautiful Grounds, and area but overworked
Server (Former Employee), Minett, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Great place to live
Cons: Understaffed
Days varied in terms of hours. I worked at all the outlets here as well as banquet serving. The outlets were fine and the hours were not too long, but when I worked banquets I would often work 14 hour shifts or longer. Such as 2pm to 4am and were not allowed to leave until everything was done. They would also schedule you to work until 12-2 in the morning then you would be scheduled the next morning at 7am. I think they were severely understaffed and if they had more staff this problem would not arise. The management was decent although there were so many of them, they would not even notice if someone didn't show up for a shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to live in Muskoka and work in such a beautiful work environment. I think with better staffing and better management this job would have been amazing but it just wasn't.
Very busy
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), OntarioFebruary 7, 2016
I have learned fosse which is not a friendly accounting software
Most enjoyable part of my job is bi-weekly payroll
Hardest part is to fransfer data from fosse to accounting system
Currently work here
Health Club Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Briliant Hosting starts here.
Good Art Of Hosting
G.U.E.S.T Model
Appearance and Grooming
Provision of All the Health facilities.
Hygienic Food
Complete Security.
Proper Planning of Events
Conference halls equipped with security cameras
Poor staff selections, lack of sources to do right job, Unprofessional and less (NO) experience Management
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Advancement/ Grow within company
Cons: Long Hours / no breaks for supervisors
Long hours, with lots of expectations, expect everything needs to be done perfect without proper staff and equipment and sources.
Or its just me that i find it this way. But the worst place ever i have worked since last 10 years.
excellent customer service experience
Houseman/night cleaner (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Not a bad place to work lots to do to make time pass during a shift union has decent benefits management and co workers are a great team pay cold be better
over 25 years of experience in major culinary operations
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Quebec City, QCDecember 20, 2015
Managing kitchen brigade efficiently.Building a team by inspiring, training and motivating young chef with little experience. Keeping the kitchen operation efficient, profitable and interresting to work for.
fun workplace
Valet Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2015
I believe it is a good learning experiences working in a group and It is a great opportunity to participate in a decision making.
Great experience!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 24, 2015
Hospitality Management Experiences
Plan and direct operations of all departments.
Evaluate changes and guest needs and insure fulfillment
Monitor and maintain financial performance
Responsible for overall guest satisfaction
Resolve guests problems
Conduct daily standup meetings with stuff especially during shift changes
Oversee employees to insure provision of quality service
positive environment fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches, bonuses
Cons: sometimes mentally draining long hours
a very positive and therefore productive environment.The management and staff were very friendly and supportive.A typical day was 8-10 hrs long on computer and answering calls from customers looking to make reservations.
Great Work Atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Pay Grade, Benefits, Hours
Cons: Varying Shifts, Unstable hours during low season
Working with a great close knit team daily makes work enjoyable. Great pay structure, and benefits, and a clean, safe and positive work environment.
regular maintenance
maintenance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
Marriott is a great company to work with. Has lots of room for advancement and very friendly and helpful colleges. The reason I left the company was the commute other wise I would have stayed there
Headquarters