Marlin Travel Employee Reviews

Great workplace, great people
Travel Agent Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON24 April 2017
Loved working at Marlin. Such a rewarding experience as I am interested in progressing within the Travel Industry. I had amazing managers who taught me more than I could expect.
Pros
Free lunches, various training, tips, advice.
okay place
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 April 2017
I was there at a home agent .Lots of restrictions when it comes to boking travel for a client. some good and some bad. Too many quotas had to meet not good
Cons
Must make quotas
Fun workplace
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 March 2017
I have learned how to book tickets to the clients.
The management was pretty well.
The hardest part of the job was to be careful while booking a ticket.
Warm atmosphere
CTC Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Return phone calls, keep office clean, organized all the time. Deal with walk in customers, answer phone. Multitask all the time. Follow every day specials. Check reminders and sell sell sell.
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
Commission paid to employers could be more
very easy going company
Outside sales representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2016
As a stay at home sale representative i had the freedom to work out of my own home while raising my children, I found it relaxing and enjoyable to work with clients to find them dream vacations.
Pros
work from home
Cons
hard to find clients
Good Experience
Travel Professional/ Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 August 2016
Working for Marin Travel has taught me to be confident, organized and how to enjoy being at work. Working as a travel consultant really showed me how confident I am and how well i work as a team, independently and with my customers.
Very Hard to Work for
INDEPENDENT TRAVEL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB7 May 2016
My time, even though brief, not the best experience. The General Manager had the management team around to be his fall guys and even though tried to appear easily approachable with problems was not. When he didn't get his own way, he acted like a toddler and when I was let go, it was the best favor he did for me. I worked long hours with no compensation but at the same time the General Manager felt he did not have to do the same.
Cons
Long Hours With Little Compensation
Great Place to be an Independant Travel Agent
INDEPENDENT TRAVEL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB8 February 2016
I have learned a lot from Marlin Travel in the last year in regards to both leisure and corporate travel that I hope that I will carry to future career opportunities.
Fun, nice people to work with
Travel Agent, Home (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 December 2015
Flexible hours, work from home. Loved going out to do face to face promotions and PR events. Many training options. Great working envirorment.
Pros
Discounts on travel. Training
Cons
Unstable income
Regimented
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON18 September 2015
Did you know that some Marlin Travel agencies are franchises and some are corporate? Corporate agencies are very regimented and sales driven by setting targets every month. Each agent has to generate enough sales to meet specific targets or they lose some of their income once they become full-time employees.
Franchise agencies aren't as regimented but still have to generate enough sales to meet targets to cover overhead expenses.
Pros
Popular Well Know Name
Cons
Monthly sales targets can be stressful if there aren't enough sales.
Fun Workplace
Outside Travel Consultant - Casual Part Time (Current Employee) –  Milton, Ontario18 August 2015
Providing pre and post retail sales and service delivery, account management, leadership to reservations and consulting groups and individual travelers, including client outreach programs to stimulate revenue growth.
Pros
Sending clients to places they have never been before
mom and pop shop
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON6 August 2015
small office and it was good business. it was a time before all the internet companies opened up and people were not shopping online. was a good company.
Pros
small office
Cons
not enough business to sustain a busy day
Marlin Travel
Employee (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON1 June 2015
Marlin Travel has good agencies within it's network that are great to work for. If looking at working for Marlin look for an agency that is corporately owned and not a franchise. There is a big difference between the two!
It was a great part-time job
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC21 May 2015
I worked 3 days per week, which was perfect for me. The days were often very busy and demanding which led to working overtime without pay. We often worked under poor management, or no management at all.

My co-workers were easy to work with, until one became physically and emotionally ill. She had to take time from work, but decided she would rather be at work. She was both physically unstable and emotionally unstable...so one never really knew what to expect. I found her negative attitude towards the rest of us, and our clientele in the office, the hardest thing to overcome. It got a bit more difficult when she accused my clients of laughing too loud!

The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my clientele...creating their travel dreams and hearing all about their vacation memories when they return.
I have love to travel, so having access to all of the travel opportunities that are out there has always been a big "WOW" factor for me and my family!
Pros
Travel discounts and unlimited travel opportunities
Cons
long hours with no overtime pay
Assistant
Agents' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2015
It was a job placement experience for my college program. I attended for 3 weeks. They allowed me to do minimal filing, research hotels for open files, organize the closet and answer calls.
I took messages and assisted agents with certain files. Senior agents were a little bit more hesitant to give me anything to do other than clean.
Pros
got to look through so many brochures
Cons
agents lack of trust with files
Fun, productive workplace with awesome people
Travel Consultant/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton20 January 2015
A typical day at work for me was answering the phones and taking client details. I would help them plan out trips and book them. I learned a lot of different computers programs such as matrix and consul pc which are accounting based. I used Microsoft office on a daily basis. The management was great, she was very understanding and flexible. I loved the people I worked with, I am still friends with them. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what the clients really wanted, but that's why we have specific qualifying questions we ask so they get what they are looking for. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my manager and co workers with all the research they had to do, and talking to all the different people that came in.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great people
Cons
Mall location
Reserve and process all clients air/hotel/car/transfers travel tickets
Travel consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2014
A typical day at work would be to assist with any walk in or repeat clients with their travel needs. I provide recommendations for destinations and cost of travel.
Pros
being able to travel for work purposes
Cons
working long days with no over time pay
Co-op Position
- Booking Hotels
- Calling Airlines
- Calling Cruise Lines
- Giving Air Miles
- Learning to book tickets online
- and more
What I learned was:
- How to work in a fast paste environment and learning everything really fast.
Management/Co-Workers
- They were amazing we all got along and had a good time they all each took time to show me how to work and learn everything so I could help them out.

I enjoyed every part of working there even if it was just for co-op for high school.
Great company
Senior Travel Consultant/Wedding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2014
It was a great experience working with Marlin travel and the staff .
Excellent Company

•management
Excellent

•your co-workers
Amazing

•the hardest part of the job

•the most enjoyable part of the job
Clients
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marlin Travel. Our community is ready to answer.