Roles and responsibilities:
Perform clerical, administrative and general office duties supporting a Lawyer in the areas of Real Estate Lending, Commercial Real Estate Leasing, Banking and Financial Services and Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring.
- Composes routine letters and memos from general instructions;
- Compiles statistics and information as described;
- Sets up and types reports following standard formats;
- Maintains office files/records in accordance with procedures;
- Opens, date stamps and distributes mail;
- Screens visitors and incoming calls as requested;
- Maintains appointment calendars;
- Handles administrative detail with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing etc., as directed.
- Knowledge of real estate law and of legal procedures, statutes and regulations applicable to real estate law; specifically in the areas of land and personal property security (PPSA)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial real estate required, including financing;
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma or transferrable work experience required;
- Excellent bilingual written and verbal communication skills, Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Flexibility, good judgment and initiative;
-Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Strong organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Must be proficient with Window-based computer systems, Outlook, MS Word, Excel and other relative software applications including Conveyancer and Teraview.
Years Experience: 3+