Marks Work Wearhouse Employee Reviews

lots of stress thrown on you that has nothing to do with you
SALES ASSOICIATE (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC20 May 2017
wasn't a horrible job til the assistant manager came. she is controlling, rude, and doesn't care about you. most people coming in already know what they want so working was a breeze. management was the only problem.
Good place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2017
Good place to work with great hours. Easily balance work and school. Great location with lots of product. Good, loyal customers in the area who shop with us often.
Pros
Two paid 15 minute breaks on 8 hour shifts, free lunches on event days
okay entry level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB10 March 2017
Great people work there but the wages couldn't possibly be enough to be independent or have children or provide for a child. Job security is good but the wages are no where near enough to provide for anything
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
wages are no where near enough to be independant or raise a family or look after a child
Young company
Store General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 March 2017
Overall the company is still trying to identify its self. Lots of planning less execution. Many errors in the distribution and flyer advertising. Canadian Tire should look more into the Management of the company. Extremely expensive benefits.
Pros
Great Employee discount
Cons
Doesn't Fall throught with its commitments
would be a great place if there was a diffrent manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 February 2017
a typical work day at marks is pretty good. Most days can be super slow.
I have learned a lot about different types of clothing (carhartt,Dakota..etc.)
when it comes to the management there I'm not really pleased with it. Our manager is very rude most times either ignoring us or just being rude when we ask a question. Our assistant manager is the exact opposite though, he is always happy and willing to help. if he is to busy he nicely lets us know.
the hardest part of the job id say is making sure the manager is happy and getting all the product that he wants out.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the employees I work with. we all are out going and get along great.
Pros
discounts
Cons
manager
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 January 2017
Marks Work Warehouse had a great working environment and coworkers and management were friendly. Though I highly nejoyed working here, i had to soon leave because work and school could not balance.
Love the job, hate the hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON19 January 2017
I love being in retail the only problem I have is that you can't support yourself with the hours they give. They give next to nothing hours wise after the Christmas holidays and it's extremely hard to live off of those hours.
Pros
Great work environment, love the type of work and dealing with customer's face to face.
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management.
Good company if you have good coworkers.
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC4 January 2017
I was lucky and had amazing staff at my store. We all were on the same page and it was fun to go to work each day. wasnt an easy job but it was a good job.
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 December 2016
Always something to do. Meet new customers and learn about them. Be personable and welcoming to entice them to be returning, regular customers. Great co-workers. Positive work experience.
Pros
great store operators
Cons
retail after christams returns
Frustrating place to work.
Shift Leader/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 December 2016
I worked for the company for over a year but its not the company i have an issue with, its the management i have an issue with. They constantly change the schedule, LAST MINUTE!
Don't care to much if there employees are assaulted and threatened on the job, blames he worker not the one who attacked said worker. No benefits. just not a very run sore in my eyes, and it doesnt seem like the store i work at is the only one with issues.
partime work
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE12 November 2016
was a learning experience got to learn about a lot of merchandising, customer service. friendly people that i worked with, and great customers. could get from other stores if needed.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not enough hours
Retail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
I worked in store twenty-six during its initial ten million dollar year. I worked both till and floor, five days a week, one half hour below qualifying as a full time employee.
Stressful and messy
Sales (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC17 September 2016
Marks work wearhouse was a very stressful job. All the stock was messy and difficult to find, and the management was often blameful of situations you have no control over. If the store did not make a certain amount of money that day, it was your fault, apparently. Also your safety is not at all their concern when it comes to a power outage, someone stealing, and other things. The co-workers are all nice and very understanding. Do not work here unless you love having an alcoholic boss who treats you like you are his dog.
Pros
40% off for friends and family, and getting to leave at the end of the day.
Cons
Literally everything else.
fun place to work
Assistant Store Operator /FT sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and regular customers

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers on a daily basis

Retail involved shift work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2016
Fun place to work with supportive co workers high energy and always room to learn something new. Not always doing the exact same thing the options to do something different every day.
It was my first job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB2 July 2016
Working at zellers was not what i expected, I was very young so I just wanted a job to start out that gave me good social skills and knowledge of a cash register for the future if i wanted to work in any other retail stores. A day as a associate at zellers was dealing with returns often, restocking and very short breaks and lunches. The management was not very good, and it is rare i say that! I was not treated with respect at all and I was really dissapointed seeing as it was my first job.
Fun learning environment and great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC31 May 2016
I learned a lot from marks. I learned many social skills and learned how to stock shelves and do inventory, and open up at the start of the day. My most enjoyable part of work was the people I was surrounded around who supported me through my first job and helped me with difficult situations. The hardest part of the job was just starting out and getting used to where everything was, and my surroundings and having to go to other coworkers asking, but it all worked out in the end
Pros
Great staff parties, and flexible hours
Cons
Short lunches
transitioning company
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2016
overall good company to work for. a lot of issues with theft to be worked out, generally good group of people working as a team, and helpful when needed.
Great Co-Workers!
Keyholder/ Business Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 March 2016
Always replenishing merchandise, setting up displays according to corporate mandate, helping customers locate product either at our store or at another store. Complete online orders and ship via Purolator. Processed company accounts for uniforms and safety footwear, educated store staff on proper procedures, as well created a workwear binder for all of the company accounts processed in our location specifically and had basic knowledge for newer or unfamiliar staff in order to ensure the customers transaction went smoothly. Opened and closed the store, counting floats for multiple tills, did bank deposit as well as coin orders. Placed orders for store stationary through Grand & Toy.
Pros
Great store staff!!
Cons
Not enough hours during the summer
Fun, Enjoyable workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Alberta28 November 2015
If your into retail Mark's Management is great and understanding and is a fun place to work. Easy staff to get along with. Lots of rules and lots of red tape which is to be expected with a company like this. This company is all about pleasing the customer, however it can get confusing in some parts for the customer.Communication was often misguided because of how little staff that would be on shift at the same time.
Pros
Fun, and friendly staff, lots of scheduling opportunities
Cons
miscommunication, hard to advance on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks Work Wearhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6