Marks Work Wearhouse Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Collingwood, ONJanuary 10, 2015
A typical day at work:
-Cashier
-Assisting customers finding products and sizes
-Doing orders if we do not have the particular item
-Cleaning and tidying

I have learned a lot about retail and how much really goes into having a business that people want to shop at.

My co-workers are amazing, each and everyone of them will do their best to make the customers happy and feel welcomed.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with unhappy customers, unfortunately this is going to happen in any retail business, the best we can do is try to understand the customer, and also try to compromise if there are any issues.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers find what they are looking for, and make sure they leave Marks with a smile on their face.
A fun active workplace
Customer Service Coordinator/ key holder (Former Employee), burnabyMarch 28, 2014
a typical day at work would be different everyday. I ran the business accounts so, I would check to see if any accounts could be filled and completed and if completed I would call the person to let them know they can pick up. Then I would be assigned to a specific spot and make sure it stayed well stocked and tidy.

I learned how to fold clothes to a business standard, learned about different types of shoes, I learned how to run business accounts, and to also work on a team.

The management was great, they worked with the staff to make sure everyone was happy and things were to par.

The hardest part of the job was to put together business accounts as they took forever to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people find things they needed and to also do the end of day money count.
Mark's is a decent place to work
PTR Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miramichi, NBApril 29, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: Poor hours, no benefits (unless management position)
Mark's is a good company, with good management, and quality clothing. Although, it has almost no benefits, usually not great hours, and corporate expects a lot more of you than they let you believe when you are first hired. It is okay if you are looking for a part time job or a temporary thing, but it is not ideal for long term employment, unless you are looking at management. You are a cashier, sales clerk, fitting room attendant, stock person, janitor, and therapist to distraught customers in the run of a day, all while getting paid minimum wage.
Fun, yet very fast paced. Timing is everything.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 6, 2015
Pros: store discount
Cons: Technology from the 90s
Receive freight every morning. Process incoming freight by unpacking, examining contents, and accountable for whats missing. All pieces inputed into computer system manually. Find storage for freight, easier said than done on most days. Excellent staff and management.
Furthered my time management skills as well as people management skills. Co-workers were easily the best part of the job while the hardest part was technology was not up to date by a long shot.
Great Environment to work at
Aldergrove - Sales Associate (Current Employee), Aldergrove, BCOctober 13, 2015
Pros: wonderful staff, great customers
Cons: I don't get any hours.
Marks Work Wearhouse is a wonderful place to work ! I have learnt so many different skills over my 13 months of working there. I have learnt how to deal/greet customers, been taught on the Cash register, doing business account and orders, I can do shipments, handle money, and most importantly , I love making customers happy.
Impossible place to work
Keyholder, Associate (Former Employee), Stettler, ABOctober 29, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: manager
I feel the manager at this business has no compassion or management skills. She is unable to incorporate availability of her employees into a working schedule, takes no care for employees with children and expects work to ALWAYS come before those children. She is not approachable about concerns and reacts with petty immature responses when she hears that a staff member is unhappy.
great people
Sales associate /cashier (Current Employee), westshoreMarch 25, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: not good pay
love the it was so close to home
loved to learn about product
getting disscount
hardest part was pleasing everyone at once being cashier and cleanier and host at one time, as having customer service biggest part of job some customer dont see that
seeing as saying hi to someone walking in as rude while talking to them
Productive and fun workplace with hardworking co-workers
Cashier/ Floors Associate (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Amazing people to work with
Cons: rude customers
We all work together to get the job done at the end of the day. All in all it is a fun workplace with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of this job is being about to interact with many different people, and helping there shopping experience easier.
very task oriented
Coordinator (Current Employee), morningside and kingston roadSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: life experiences
Cons: stressful at times
Very high paced work environment, you work a diverse team and deal with all walks of life. You learn how deal with confrontation which is an assets for future workplaces. You get to build relationships with co-workers and customers.
good
Store Operator of two Kamloops locations (Former Employee), Kamloops B.C.May 5, 2014
Great experience for gaining experience in management, leading a team of 30 employees was a great experience and learned to work with different diversity in the job. Customer service is our goal and had many workshops to help cultivate the environment.
marks
Shift leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 6, 2015
I liked working at marks, they have good product. I was only part time when I was working there. I was in charge of the work accept ex. work boots, work clothes. I liked making sure left with a good pair of work boots that they would be in all day.
Fun place with awesome coworkers
Keyholder (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 14, 2014
As soon as I started working there, everyone was so welcoming and eager to help me learn new skills to better help customers. Even though everyday is different, it never is a dull day.
Productive with a nice work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Aurora, ONMay 19, 2014
Hours are not the best, as in employees only received minimal hours per week. People who I worked with are great for the most part. Not to labour intensive.
Fun Work Environment
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
A fun place to work with great team members. They train you well on clean work environments and customer care. If you enjoy customer service and are good with people, you will enjoy this company.
Excellent place to work
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 6, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
I was treated as part of the family with many opportunities for advancement. Every day was different with lots of things to do.