MarketStar

MarketStar Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work
B2B Field Trainer (BlackBerry Account) (Former Employee), ottawaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: once client drops contract you loose your job
Loved working here, amazing management who really cares about your achievements. Great opportunity to advance, only downfall is once the company looses the contract with the client, you loose your job. Other then that great place to work
Easiest job I have ever had - Product Specialist
Product Specialist for LG (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 21, 2014
Pros: prizes, gift cards
Cons: job security
Visit multiple cell phone stores, sell devices on assisted selling days, and gather information. Best schedule I have ever had concerning retail.
Good use of my skills
Territory Manager and Field Trainer (BlackBerry) (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 15, 2014
Meeting with, interacting with, and training different people in different settings on a daily basis.
Great place to work for
Sony Assisted Sales Representative (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJApril 8, 2014
Pros: great work, bonus are good, great supervisors
Cons: programs eventually end, full time jobs are not very common
Great place to work for management is a little tough to communicate with since they are in charge of many associates but your direct brand supervisor is extremely helpful in anything you do! bad thing is the program you work for potentially or usually ends at some point.
Fun and Interactive
account development representative (Current Employee), Ogden, UTApril 7, 2014
Pros: weekly activity, relaxed work environment
Cons: no room for a down cycle in sales, highly stressful
The environment is very relaxed. Management did not care what was done throughout the day as long as the minimum metrics were done. My co-workers are great and always willing to help out when possible.
Great Learning experience.
Sony Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Miami FloridaApril 4, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: uncertainty of program
A great market with potential of making substantial growth.
Fun company environment to work with lots of great clients.
Google Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 26, 2014
A typical day at work involves being on your feet all day promoting various products at special events all over town. What I have learned is that every day is a new day and it is important to start off each day positive and come in with lots of energy. The management and co-workers in this industry are what makes this job worth while. The hardest part – more... of the job is the lack of benefits and job security due to this line of work being strictly a contract by contract basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to travel and work at a lot of great venues (concerts, pro sporting events, festivals, etc.) – less
great company
Sales (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 19, 2014
great culture and company
good work/life balance
supportive enviroment
Great place to work!
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (Former Employee), Ogden UtahMarch 12, 2014
Hired right before holidays. Very slow. The new year came around and many companies didn't renew contracts so I was laid off but otherwise I would have stayed there forever!
Great Job except where you work...
Product Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great hours, great pay
Cons: seasonal/temp, no healthcare, no full time
I represented google and their products such as the nexus line of tablets and phones and Chromebooks. The job was great and I loved working with Best Buy's sales people. However like with any job that gives bonuses based on sales and not on customer satisfaction, the management team full of sharks. In my time working there they ripped a customer off – more... for a grand simply because teaching him how to use his current product would have been a waste of money in their eyes. I was disgusted so much by best buys culture there I refused to take a job offered to me to work there again as a rep. As for marketstar I loved the job and I loved the training in Miami and I loved talking to people in my area that did the same job as me. – less
Created appropriate and creative product demo in group and one on one.
Field Marketing and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 1, 2014
Collaborated with regional product sales& Training management.
Greet & interaction consumers with hand on product demonstration resulted in closed sales.
Executed product lunch deliverable Merchandising, POP’S, POG, reset and updated base on seasonal and launch.
flexible schedule that helps me keep my full time job
Field Sales and Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), californiaFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free training, work supplies
great level of communication between the staff, high support a lot of opportunity available
Great Entry Job
Account Development Representative (Current Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 25, 2014
Great place to learn and understand hard work and management skills
Communicated with customers in person to determine requirements
Google Specialist (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDFebruary 14, 2014
Communicated with customers in person to determine requirements
Provided exceptional information to guests pertaining to technical aspects about Google products
Maintained visual standards of the lab before, during, and after work
Handled mass holiday crowds with great customer service
Shining star
Assistant Manager/Sales Specialist (Former Employee), CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: learning made available
Cons: salary is low
Had room for learning and skill building daily. Salary is low, but commission can be high id you sell enough.
Excellent company to work for
GOOGLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great amount of support from management
Cons: no benefits.
This was my first time working as a Google Specialists, I learned a lot about the Google products and services. The program environment was fun and energetic. Every level of Management was great and offered great support. Unfortunately it was only a seasonal position and didn't offer benefits since it was a part time position. Nonetheless it was a pleasant – more... experience. – less
Fun Job, Flexible Hours, Great Products
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 8, 2014
Representing LG Appliances:
Visiting stores like Sears, Best Buy, Lowes, Walmart, Home Depot, Pacific Sales, and other retail outlets to train on product knowledge and benefits, answer questions, make sure appliances are detailed for display and looking better than competition.
customer friendly
Amazon Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 6, 2014
I love going into Best Buy and making the customer smile because I take customers problems into my hand to let them know I am listening to them and see if we can help them get a knew productive.
Really great place to work.
Western US Sales Manager (Former Employee), Nevada, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: job security. 3rd party labor is hard when clients want to run the business themselves.
If you get a chance to work for Marketstar you should. the Culter is great and the pay/benefits are outstanding
Flexible work schedule and little oversight
National Retail Market Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2014
I was in charge of 46 store locations and the implementation of new products and sales distribution by training, motivational sales techniques, and support.

1 2 3 4 5

About MarketStar

Founded in 1988, MarketStar Corporation has established its authority in strategic outsourced sales and marketing solutions, go-to-market – Read more

MarketStar Photos