MarketStar

MarketStar Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work
B2B Field Trainer (BlackBerry Account) (Former Employee), ottawaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: once client drops contract you loose your job
Loved working here, amazing management who really cares about your achievements. Great opportunity to advance, only downfall is once the company looses the contract with the client, you loose your job. Other then that great place to work
Very cool job if you're looking for extra cash
"Amazon Kindle Representative" (Former Employee), Chico, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, decent work times, flexible breaks/lunches, $15 an hour payrate, seasonal, opportunity for callback
Cons: hectic hiring process, no commission pay, seasonal, did not receive kindle to demo for job, too few hours
I was an Amazon Kindle Rep for Marketstar and it was fun, but crazy. The seasonal position was on Indeed.com and it paid $15.00 hr, so I thought it was worth trying it out. After a couple email interviews and maybe a phone interview, the hiring process was crazy!

I had 24 hours to go to Quest Diagnostics to get my drug test which they registered and paid for, then they sent me a packet of information about 50 pages long explaining the specs and details of the Kindle products that would be presented at the kiosk in Best Buy, and once they delivered your uniform, ID badge, and you attended a phone conference orientation you were ready to work on your own.

It was a little daunting at first since I was used to having a supervisor show me how to do my job, but I went fairly blind. My supervisor was the California division manager who was stationed out in Sacramento or something, and he had no idea how to help me, really. I went to Best Buy, explained my situation to their manager, and she directed me to my kiosk where I advertised the Kindle Fire HDX as much as possible. At the end of the day, I took inventory of the remaining Kindle products and wrote a report on how many I sold. Eventually, I got used to my job and became quite good at selling the product.

All in all, I earned roughly $600 for 15-20 days 3 hours a day. Not too bad if you're a college kid needing some extra holiday money, but it's definitely not a dependable job if you need income. What I did like is the fact they kept my name in reference and have sent me job applications for future seasonal positions. I also heard from another rep that if you talked to the company and you were an amazing employee they might hire you permanently part-time or full-time as a rep.
Decent company
HR RECRUITER (Former Employee), Ogden, UtahJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: expereince
Cons: no culture. felt like a production line as an employee.
Work was repetitive and had no room for ideas.
Learned a lot about politics.
Management was very by the book (which can be a good thing and a bad thing)
Hard part was clocking in and out
Most enjoyable was the experience
It was only a PT position.
Flex Team Representative (Former Employee), Bay Area, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: various work locations
Cons: no ft offers
It was fun and I enjoyed the position but only certain people made it to FT and it was just a few in th Bay Area.
Verizon Fios Sales
Sales (Former Employee), UnknownJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: decent base pay
Cons: commission pay is mediocre /company disorganized
Easy money to sit around and do nothing basically all day if you only care for base pay because they put you in a Verizon Wireless store which no one hardly comes in for Fios and they expext you to talk to customers waiting for wireless reps but most of them dont want Fios service commission structure is terrible compared to how much the wireless reps make so don't expect to make much over base pay even if you do actually sale and hit your goal the company is very disorganized with getting new reps trained and setup with information my advice if you want to work for Verizon work Verizon Corporate not Marketstar which is contracted through Verizon as a 3rd Party the Verizon Wireless Reps treat you like the unwanted step child of Verizon because they work for Verizon Corporate also if you get a Manager Position don't expect to feel like a Manager cause it's not your store it's the Verizon Wireless Manager Store so you go by his rules your just an unwanted guest there my advice Marketstar if you want to succeed with sales in Fios get your own actual Verizon Fios Store
Awesome Place to Work at!
Retail Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: travel, something new everyday
Cons: major mileage on personal vehicle
As a retail brand advocate I was travel all of NY metro to different locations everyday training employees within each retail location. I loved traveling everyday to someplace new and just experiencing the atmosphere.
Was Nice but always under contract so Never know when you will be out of a job
Sony Specialist (Current Employee), OrlandoJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: pay, hours
Cons: no advancement, always work weekends
Loved working there but Never sure when you will be fired...
Market Sell Through Manager
Market Sell Through Manager/ Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 5, 2015
Territory manager of 35 to 40 accounts, visit about 4 stores a day for 90 minutes. Focus on merchandising, training, and sales.
Fun and enjoyable
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Ogden, UTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: meet and greet people, play with the latest and greatest products
Cons: most of the work are contract based and can be very short
At MarketStar, you'll be trained on what you need to know on products and services you'll be covering.

Management is one of the best I've seen in any business. They're always there when you need them.

Coworkers very from project and work you do. I can honestly say that my experience with coworkers here has been nothing but awesome when I meet and greet those who work with me

Only hardest part of the job that I can say is product rejection. You can only do so much during these times, but you must stay positive and do your best to show the best things about the product or service you're showing off.

The best part of working here are the products. You always get to learn and play with the latest and greatest from companies
Aggressive sales position
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Reading, MADecember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent managers to work for
Cons: low sales due to low product demand
Great people to work for. The business was in selling Verizon Fios products in a retail setting. Daily duties included customer service through sales and demonstrations.The hardest part of the job was completing sales as the product was losing demand.
Great departments; recruiting is most scrutinized department
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Ogden, UTDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great employees, pto is fantastic as well.
Cons: management, no growth opportunities, petty and non-transparent reviews
Typical day at work would consist of sourcing for talent and recruiting talent for many, many various client projects. Those will include professional roles at times, but the majority of those you hire will be underpaid and overqualified for seasonal or temporary jobs. You quickly learn that not all openings are the same, and as such, shouldn't be treated the same. Nevertheless, management will only look at your filled positions and be sure to place corrective actions out when you don't fill positions in a set amount of days, regardless of client or market.

Management is petty. They are smart, but very micro-managing. If that's something you like, this may be the perfect job for you. This job literally feels like you need to watch your back constantly and ensure your best behavior when around management; who is catered to by those below them. If your nose doesn't like being brown, do not work here.

Co-workers are what make this place still doable. There are many great people here who all share the same vision about this company. There are no advancement opportunities within recruiting. Above recruiters are "lead recruiters" who are exactly the same, except different title and more money. There is never an opening for a "lead recruiter", instead they're chosen by management; akin to favoritism. Above "lead recruiters" you will find management for Retail and B2B teams. You will not get one of these roles, as the "lead recruiters" all attempt to acquire a spot on management, but fail when the VP or Director slide someone in a management spot who did not apply for management. – more... In fact, the Director was placed in that spot without any chance for others to apply for it at all. The Director caters to everything the VP says and does, however if you communicate with management your dissatisfaction with processes or direction, it will not be communicated up to the VP or anyone who can affect change.

Constructive criticism is looked down upon in recruiting, as management does not like to hear that they may be doing something incorrectly. HR has even been quoted as saying they "only took management's side" when dealing with employees. If you have ever been in a management or leadership position, or of a leadership mindset, recruiting at MarketStar will not be the place for you. This is a dead end department with some of the lowest morale in the company. – less
Great Pay but no job security
National Retail (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
You work for a client in my case it was LG electronics, they pay is what keeps you going but there is NO JOB SECURITY AT ALL! you can be let go at any minute if they 'feel like it". You travel from location to location daily buy car but in the end the wear and tear isnt worth it.
n/a
Deal Approval Specialist Team Leader (Former Employee), South Jordan UTNovember 4, 2014
Got laid off from Marketstar after working a year.Management was ok, but the department was shut down by HP and the contract was pulled. The best part of the job was the freedom and the worst part was never knowing if you were going to be laid off or not
Great atmosphere
SMB Sales Center Representative (Former Employee), South Jordan UtahOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch events
You kept busy, great employees, and great training. The company treated you very well and management was excited to see you advance.
Great company that treats their employees well.
INSIDE SALES REP I (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTOctober 20, 2014
Great company to work for that knows how valuable their employees are. Management and Executives are all very helpful and approachable to any level of employee.
Temporary at best
Sony Assisted Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free gear, awesome hourly pay
Cons: consistent weekend work, little to no paid training
Management could be better and hours could be better. The pay and work were great but couldn't handle the consistent weekend hours and not being able to take a weekend off. Imposes a negative work life balance for some.
Fun environment.
Event Manager (Former Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 12, 2014
They gave me a chance to prove myself and gave me the support needed. Worked with a wonderful group of people.
Great place
DEAL APPROVAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Salt lake cityOctober 6, 2014
Marketstar is a great place to work. Great benefits, great people, lots of perks to keep morale up.
Friendly Work Enviroment
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), UTOctober 3, 2014
Great learning experience that allowed me the opportunity to gain insight into marketing of different product lines
Its a Job
Channel Account Manager (Former Employee), Ogden UTSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: low pay for the job being preformed
There has been a huge reduction in benefits and a huge turnover with key people.

Work ethic is questionable of most. A quick walk around will find people playing on their cell phones and Face Book.

It can be a great place to work if you are on the right team however, with limited opportunity for advancement.

great temporary job

1 2 3 4 5

About MarketStar

Founded in 1988, MarketStar Corporation has established its authority in strategic outsourced sales and marketing solutions, go-to-market – Read more