Market Force

Market Force Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
answer calls for very mean, ignorant rude people all day long
i dont think i have one (Current Employee), WinnipegJuly 28, 2012
Pros: not much
Cons: you are always told you are making mistakes
This use to be a family run business, it is now a corporate company run from the states, the pay sucks, the benefits suck, you never get a pay raise and when you do it’s like 10 cents. Stealing is rampant and if you are a member of the receptionist’s family, you can come and go as you please.
It use to be a good place to work not anymore

December 19, 2012

Most of the retail employee and our clients were very nice, on the other hand the staff of marekt Force was very rude and unaware what to do, when a problem arose. they refuse to listen or allow your to correct the problem then let you go , state you was just a independent contractor, we dont need you anymore.

April 18, 2013

Thanks for your comment. I applied for job 2 months ago and I did the whole process like a lot of tests and interview and I was waiting and waiting and they never call me even to say that I was not selected wich is very unrespecfull because solid and serious companies don't do that and even more some of then send you a very kind letter telling you reason why you was no selected. Thanks God they di d not choose me. Gods only knows why.

cool job
Auditing/Retail Merchandising (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2014
you can make your own schedule works best if you choose jobs closest to you.
As the customer experience becomes more and more of a competitive differentiator and consumers become increasingly demanding, forward-thinking compani
SLAES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Largo, MDOctober 9, 2014
Pros: being your own boss
Cons: no cons
Top performers win by listening to the voice of the customer to understand how they feel about their experiences about everything from their interaction with employees, checkout lines to parking lots. Learning what customers are thinking and feeling as they engage with the brand isn’t easy, but listening to the customer brings strategic competitive – more... advantages. – less
Work was pleasant and easy to complete.
Cinema Evaluation (Former Employee), East Greenbush, NYFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: always being availoable.
Cons: sometimes rush jobs could be a bit of a hassle.
The most important aspect for me was the good quality of the schedulers who always were there for whatever information was needed to get the job done smartly.
Always offered exciting adsignments
Mystery Shopper (Current Employee), All over the South East of LondonJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: given a full reenburstment for the assignment
Cons: having to pay for everything up front.
I am still very new to the job. I have yet to complete my 1st adsignment. The reason for this is purely financial.

I am in constant contact with the company. The staff are very inspriring and do their best to offer me assingment that are very local to the area.

There is room to excell within the company.

The assignments are always clear and consice. – more... There is an assistant to help you every step of the way. – less
Myster Shopper (Former Employee), Longview, TXDecember 3, 2013
Pros: you can work as much or as little as you like
Cons: relied on technology
I loved working for Market Force. I was able to set my own schedule and decide how far I wanted to travel. I learned how customers should be attended to and learned to pay closer attention to details. I worked by myself, it was very difficult to keep it a secret, but while on the job that is what made it fun.
This was a great job, if you like working with people and giving aid when needed. It was a great job for me.
Recruiter/ Scheduler/Help Desk Associate (Former Employee), East Greenbush, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: pros - great job, great pay, great associates.
Cons: i can't think of any cons.
I enjoyed working for this company for almost 9 years. As a Recruiter, Scheduler, and Help Desk Associate, in a Customer Service type job. I was in contact daily, with field workers, to find them job assignments doing, merchandising, auditing, and in theater evaluations. I would also help them route these job assignments, in the most effective and efficient – more... way possible.

Market Force has now sold off two of the New York office divisions, in order to downsize. There are only a few theater workers left in the office. It is sad.

This was a great, fully operational, organized, and fun, company, working with great people. I was asked to return to the office this past July, August, and part of September, of this year, to clean up some specialty theater files, but now they have also laid off part-time, temporary seasonal, help. – less
Not a good company, unprofessional
shopper (Former Employee), ManyNovember 17, 2013
Pros: free meals, but not worth the trouble
Cons: unprofessional staff, inconsistent policies, misleading guidelines and paperwork, you are set up for failure
This is not a good company to work for. While it is nice to get free meals, their system is set up so that you benefit more if you give less than truthful information. If you give negative ratings, they will scrutinze the reports because the companies they work for do not like negative ratings. So it is in your best interest to lie, as someone has said, – more... in order to stay out of trouble and continue to get free meals. Seems to go against the point of mystery shopping, if their company punishes you for giving negative (and honest) ratings. I would not recommend them. It is more trouble than it's worth. Go with another company who is more professional and does not punish you by scrutinizing every little thing when you give negative ratings. Their paperwork is often full of typos and inconsistencies as well (which they do not change even when told about)...yet they expect you to be perfect and ding you if you have even one typo. – less
Field Contrator
Private Contractor (Current Employee), Various Locations, CASeptember 3, 2013
This position includes applying, online for a particular job at the Market Force website. After approval and confirmation I receive materials by mail, usually and then go to the site, do the work, whether inventory counts, inventory fill or display construction. I then check in with site manager, leave site detailing my visit back on the Market Force – more... website. – less
Field Contractor
Private Contractor (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 18, 2013
Pros: work my own schedule
Cons: jobs not always available.
This position incorporates theater checks and inventory. With inventory I go to various locations in Riverside County and either stock, count, or dismantle inventory or displays.
fun times
Merchandising (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 24, 2013
Pros: learn as you grow
Cons: breaks
fun, excited, just not enough hours.i enjoyed the making your own schedule mingling and meeting people.
Get paid to spy on people at work! Lots of fun!
Independent Field Researcher (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: free food, flexible, reliable, fun
Cons: strict guidelines
I'm glad I found this place. It's so easy for imitators to scam you but this place is legit. All I had to do was sign up on the site and go through a brief "interview" process and now I'm one of their freelancers. I pick shopping missions from what's available for my area and show up when they tell me to. It can be a bit strenuous with all that you – more... have to pay attention to like exactly how long it takes for them to get an order and cook the food but it's all worth it when I get to cash my checks. – less
Sometimes you have to lie to get paid
Contracted Shopper (Current Employee), South FloridaFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: evaluating companies can be interesting
Cons: pay is poor and you may need to lie in order to get reimbursed.
I signed on as a "secret shopper" for kicks. It turned out to be fun, but the cost of travel and time involved usually does not cover expenses. The last straw occurred when a vendor did not include an item (one of a few things) and the only way I could have gotten it was to admit I was a "secret shopper". Instead of doing that, I told the truth on the – more... evaluation and was informed that I would not be reimbursed or paid.

Be very careful. Remember, in order to get paid, you may have to fudge your data or lie outright. How does that help the clients that MarketForce is obtaining data for? – less
Fun and flexible job.
Mystery Shopper (Current Employee), N/AJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: the job is pretty straightforward.
Cons: appropriate work is scarce at times.
A typical day would consist of commuting to the location of the work I have been assigned, following the guidelines that were providing in terms of what to buy or say, the time to be spent etc.

I have learnt to listen and speak, seek the right information and manage my time more effectively and professionally.

I have no co-workers.

The hardest part – more... of the job is most probably commuting to a location where you need a bus or train because of the delays that could potentially occur and effect the time in which you arrive to do the task.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the whole undercover process that takes place. – less
Being part of a team that accomplished weekly tasks.
Assistant to Project Manager (Former Employee), East Greenbush, NYOctober 2, 2012
Updated logs for project manager. Daily incoming and out going calls to complete tasks required by company and clients. Enjoyed working Monday thru Friday day shift.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
CUSTOMER INTELLIGENCE/MYSTERY SHOPPER (Current Employee), WICKENAugust 30, 2012
Pros: use to get 10% discount on shopping
Cons: not related to my studies
I REALLY ENJOY MY WORK PLACE
ALL THOUGH I WORK PART TIME AND THIS JOB IS NOT RELATED TO MY STUDIES BUT I DO LEARNED FROM HERE THAT HOW TO MANAGE YOUR CO-WORKERS, HOW TO PROVIDE GOOD SERVICE TO CUSTOMERS, HOW TO GREET CUSTOMERS.
It is a nice side job.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), East Greenbush, NYAugust 5, 2012
Pros: short days, free to plan your work day
Cons: limited events, low paying jobs
Depending on your location you may or may not have events to complete. Also some of the jobs take more time then the paperwork states and the company will only pay for so much time. The hardest part of the job is finding events to complete. The most enjoyable part of the job is if you find an event that is reoccurring and are able to be the contractor – more... to be automatically assigned these events. – less
Meet new people and learn new things
Certified Field Associate (Current Employee), New YorkJuly 10, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: pay rates are not very high.
The best part of the job is being able to accept whateve assignments you choose. Most assignments are not exceedingly challenging, but can be time consuming. Attention to detail is a must.
Easy Going Days
Auditor/merchandiser (Former Employee), milwaukee wiMay 10, 2012
Pros: nice environment very friendly
Cons: a little to much gossip in the office
This is a relaxed environment to work in they all have strong bonds with each other but there is alot of favortizium shown, it is a awesome place to work over all and i really liked it.
Merchandiser
TEMP - PRODUCTION (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 14, 2012
Days, hours, and how many days a week varied. I would travel to stores in different locations and set up displays, stock shelves, complete inventory and many other tasks. There really was no management team, if you needed assistance you would call customer service. This was a business that was online.