Mark Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Very Unprofessional
oil & gas (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2015
If they do not reply to your registration, move on and count your blessings.
They only will consider A types or robots and are happy to let you know they have more qualified applicants than you to pimp out.
They lack real people skills to understand how hard it is to be unemployed, struggling after a long time after a layoff. I have 30 years in Oil and Gas. Mark Staffing is not a beacon of hope unless you are a show dog that can run their course without real information on their part.
Read the teams tips, nothing about what they can do for you, it is clear on what they expect form you....commodity not a person
your best laid plans can go sideways, and you preserver. (that is good quality and trait) At Mark Staffing not a option.

I will never give a positive recommendation for Mark Staffing
completely UNprofessional
administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2015
When first meeting with Mark Staffing, they seemed like a great agency to work for. After confirming my first assignment (which I was suppose to be starting the next day), I was given a HUGE lack of information which ultimately resulted in me missing out on my position. I was very willing, able and met all protocol as required and although it was temporary placement, I was very much so looking forward to having some kind of employment.

In addition to this incident, I also received very rude and extremely unprofessional emails from one of their "recruiters" both prior and post situation.

Needless to say, I will not be working with them again and wish the very best to whoever applies within this company.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Wonderful workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2014
Mark Staffing provided me the help I needed when I was looking for a job. I filled out a form online and a recruiter called me the next day for an interview. During the whole year I was working for them I was given two assignments at great companies were I stayed for a while. I met excellent colleagues who became my friends and supported my career path with their insight. That one year of skilled work experience served me to file for permanent residence. They helped me out with some paperwork I needed too.
Pros
They found me a job right away.
Cons
Takes too long for them to find a permanent position.
Fairly average
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2013
This temporary placement agency functioned fairly well in my life, for what I needed. Most of the time, I had an adequate amount of assignments, at a rate that was commenserate with my experience and skills. I had variety in the roles I was placed in, and therefore was able to learn a lot about this widely expansive field.
Pros
variation
Cons
unpredictability
Mark Staffing as an employer.
Reception, Data Entry, Fund Raising Events (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2013
Flexible. Educational. Enjoyable. I truly enjoyed my relatively brief experience with Mark Staffing. They treated me well, gave me training and work experience and generally let me have an opportunity to see other career options.
Pros
Varied work experience, training, access to varied fields of employment & possibly a permanent position.
Cons
Occasionally subjected to a temporary lack of employment. Limited income.
Pleasant group of people that try to help as best they can.
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2013
Very Approachable and helpful. I would love to work with these people on a consistent basis.
Pros
Professional manner and friendly.
Used to be good but is going down hill fast
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta23 April 2013
I have been a temp with them for a little while now had some great reps there who kept me busy but now I have yet another new rep and she makes no effort in keeping me busy with work and yet I have had great reviews in The past. And now they tell me there is nothing for me at this moment. I find that hard to believe. There are no perks for being a temp with them. Yes they do offer benefits but as I recall its only for those working full time. Once the job ends so do your benefits .
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many to list
Very uncooporative and not allot of communication
Various Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Calgary28 January 2013
Mark Staffing Solutions has been my least favorite staffing agency.
It took 2 months to be placed on an assignment.
Once placed, I heard very little from them.
The turn around time for call backs and email responses is very long.
They care more about the customer than their staff.
Not very good.
Pros
benefits paid out weekly
Cons
not allot of work. long waits.
A dependable recruitment agency
FILING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2013
Worked with various people at different levels. The supervisors were great and you feel that you can approach them easily about any concerns or queries you have.
Enthusiastic and encourages growth and good performance
Temporary Placement Field Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2012
Gave me a placement immediately and gave recognition and displayed appreciation when there was a job well done.

2.1