Mark's Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Flexible hours
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON20 September 2017
The company worked around my children's school schedule very nicely. The manager was very accommodating, and the staff was very friendly and hard working.
A good place to work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
A culture of winning. Opportunity to advance and learn from knowledgeable co-workers and management team. Most enjoyable part of the job was traveling.
Busy days and wonderful people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB8 September 2017
The days went fast. Learned something new everyday either it was about myself or in store operations. Mulit-tasking at its finest. The best part of working here was meeting wonderful people.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
long days
Typical Retail Setting
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 September 2017
Typical retail job. District/Corporate management doesn't have a clue and don't listen or care. Good employee discounts on products. Customer base was generally good.
Pros
discounts
Cons
district/corporate management
best job i ever had
Retail Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 August 2017
I love working at marks, it was the best job i ever had, and sometimes i wish i could go back, and i always felt like a was helping someone out who may have needed it
Pros
working with people
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON2 August 2017
good team environment, always something to learn with the innovations of new technology in the products. Head office always treats staff well. Always room for advancement.
Good place for students and begainers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 August 2017
Good place to start with and learn basics of retail. Environment is based on store manager mainly so if you have good manager you can expect good environment.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Long hours expectations for management and less training / development.
fun staff and work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2017
enjoyable if you like folding... minimal customers, so store maintenance will be most of your life at work.... fun co workers, but some managers are questionable
It's what you would expect from retail.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
Mark's has a very forced culture but, I absolutely loved the team I worked with. Mark's does have high standards for their employees but those standards can vary quite in extreme from store to store.
work
Shift Supervisor/ Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 July 2017
I was happy to work for the company but at in the end sometimes you have to move on to bigger and better things

was there for a bit could have been better
So so
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC3 July 2017
I worked at the Marks in Calgary...I'm not sure if still is...but was the largest and the flag ship for the company. Met many high heads and loved my job. Then I had to move to a small town in BC. So I transfered to that location. It started out great. But then I strayed pointing out things that where against the company policy/protocols. So they slowly started cutting my hours back until I was down to 4 hours a week. I loved the Company...but I guess have to be careful what location you are at.
Used to be great - now not so much!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2017
An all boys club where they make fun of staff and nobody knows how long they will last. A lot of chest puffing to show you mean biz with stores - not a happy place!
benefits
Cons
no respect for people
Floor Sales Associate
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 June 2017
The typical day at Mark's as a Floor Sales Associate was put clothes away, help any customers, and help your team members if they needed a hand.

Working at Mark's, I was able to learn how to approach a customer, and ask them if they needed assistance; overall it is a good skill to have.

On the other hand, most of my co-workers were great to work with! Management was always friendly and they were pretty good at shifting me. Needless to say, when it was a quite season, I would sometimes get no shifts for weeks, before the store started picking up on sales again. Most of the co-workers I had, were awesome. If I needed assistance with something, they were always there for me.

Overall, it is a good first job/part-time job. I would definitely recommend working at the Mark's nearest you.
Pros
free food during X-mas time; friendly staff
Cons
Not many hours; some rude customers
Mark's Warehouse
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
- Always have something to do
-Learned a lot about the product we carried and what made the customer's satisfied with out product.
-Management was always changing that was the hard part of the job because everyone has different rules and regulations
-Not enough hours
-Coworkers were really friendly
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
No Hours
Amazing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 June 2017
What a fantasic place to work, amazing people and great environment. Products are amazing and worth its price. Environment is clean and employees are fantastic.
Pros
Amazing people and potlucks all the time
Cons
No room to grow
fun to work with different colleagues and customers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 June 2017
In general was very nice to work there. I can not say anything bad about my prior work place that bothered me much except less hours and sometimes rude costumers.
Pros
always new and different customers
Cons
staying for long time
A productive workplace.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC9 June 2017
It is a calm environment. My fellow co-workers and my boss where kind and helpful, a really good place to start your retail career. You would never have nothing to do.
Pros
You would never have nothing to do.
Cons
Too much products, makes it hard to walk threw the isles.
Productive and energy filled environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 June 2017
Great company will endless potential. A high quality work environment where all members of the team get a say as to how to tackle major tasks and merchandising.
It's okay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2017
It's a decent place to work, however the way the management carries themselves is not very good. It was a fun place to work at first, however as time passed it became less enjoyable.
Positive management, great customers, good product
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON30 May 2017
Great managers, associates and customers make Mark's a good place to work. I feel appreciated and valued for hard work done. Like any retail job, it would be great to earn more money per hour and to have possibility of full or close to time hours even as an associate after a certain amount of time served in the company.
Pros
a discount on store products up to a certain amount
Cons
decreased hours in certain seasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mark's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8