Mark's

Mark's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to wrok
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Pickering, OnMarch 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: too much stock at winter season
Product knowledge is everything in this store. Learned about all the products and how they work for all customers. The hardest part of the job was making sure every customer was greeted and helped with the limit of staff hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with your coworkers, they made the day.
Awesome co-workers, horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: terrible management
The people I worked with were awesome, and some of the regular customers were great to get to know. The company and management, however, is horrible. All of the staff I had worked with (some who have been there for 3+ years) all quit when they hired a new manager with no previous experience with managing, the company OR even clothing retail. Too much – more... blame put on the sales associates, not enough on poor managing. – less
Great Co-Workers but thats about all.
Shift Leader/ Coordinator (Former Employee), Niagara AreaFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: work hard for nothing
Co-Workers are great, but thats all for Marks. Dont expect any advancements unless you kiss butt.
Productive and a nice workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: nice to get along with co-workers
Cons: long hours
On the job I enjoy getting along with people on my workplace and helping customers.
A straightforward retail job with a great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Marks is a great company. Their IT department really knows what it is doing, and as a result their in-house inventory and ordering systems work surprisingly well. This makes the non-standard retail part of the job quite easy, and really simplifies the task of surprising the customer and making them happy.

The team at Marks was a joy to work with. For – more... the most part there wasn't too much drama, and they were well organized and good at communicating.

That being said, Mark's is still a retail position, and as such has a host of irritating aspects. Constant standing, occasionally condescending middle management, angry customers and a fair amount of passive aggressive break time scheduling mean that some days could be quite stressful. Also, Christmas music.

Overall, I'd characterize Mark's as the best of the retail jobs. Nearly 0 responsibility outside of showing up and folding clothes, good corporate policymaking, and a great discount. It is boring, but it isn't bad. – less
fun workplace where you felt apart of a family
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free food in break room
Cons: long hours
everyday there was something new to work on with new challenges. my Coworkers were very nice and made me feel welcomed. the hardest part was remembering everyone's names. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of very nice people that I will keep in contact with for a long time.
People, Product, and Presentation!!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, ONJanuary 21, 2014
A excellent company to work for and who truly believe the core value of customer service.
We strive on People, Product and Presentation.
It is as I have a second family to attend to everyday!!
Fast past and constantly changing
Store Manager (Former Employee), Timmins, ONDecember 20, 2013
I would walk the store at beginning of every day planning what needed to be done and what was completed from previous list address any urgent issues so that the store would look its best as the first customer comes in. I would complete all transfers and debits daily also receive all of previous days orders then prepare the cashes and store for opening – more... . I also was the district customer service rep therefore having meeting with store operators that were struggling with some customer service relations. During the day would take most calls coming in and would address any concerns from staff and customers. – less
Boss was nice
Cashier (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCDecember 6, 2013
Pros: sometimes we got our bonus cards
Cons: not enough hours
not enough hours are given, they are very nice to each other but lots of gossip
Sales Clerk, Cashier, Stock and Floor Attendant (Former Employee), Orleans, ONOctober 16, 2013
Comfortable working enviroment, good working hours and nice bosses.
Store receiver
Receiver / Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaOctober 3, 2013
Was responsible for stock ordering, monitoring and receiving of deliveries. Organizing stock, and displaying it.
A company trying to find its way
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), CanadaSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: in store staff if chosen properly can create a great work environment
Cons: pay, work hours, disorganized upper management
New management is working hard to get the stores up and running properly. With sometimes odd choices of direction and misinformation. The pay grade is not equivalent to the amount of work needed.
Challenge
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: too many shifts to not enough shifts
I do love working with my co-workers, although the job its self is challenging.
Not a good place to work.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 23, 2013
Very unorganized and allows co-workers to talk down to other workers and treat peers unfair without doing anything about it.
Very Fun atmosphere, excellent people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2013
Being a retail store Mark's doesn't offer very good pay or advancement opportunity, but they do provide an excellent first job for anyone just out of school or looking for easy work with fun people.
Loved the direction and initiatives
Store Manager (Former Employee), Canmore, ABJuly 1, 2013
Having worked for the company for so long, the bulk of my work ethics originated from the great leaders that brought this out in me at such a young age. I loved the ability to progress and move forward. Every day, even up until my last, was a learning experience. What I loved most was the great people I got to know and work with, and these people will – more... be part of my life regardless of where our future paths may lead. – less
Was a good learning experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 13, 2013
Office procedures.
I received training in Simply Accounting.
Management was okay and co-workers were great.
I enjoyed all aspects of this job.
fun
Stock, cleaning and customer service (Former Employee), pickering, ontarioJune 6, 2013
really good, learned a lot.. talked to a lot of people & helped them with their needs. everything was enjoyable, nothing was difficult at all. co-workers were easy to get along with.
I loved my job when I started
Visual Merchandiser/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 5, 2013
I absolutely loved my job until my third manager started. She and the following three had zero trust for their employees. Half of the staff was fired on suspicion of stealing with no proof, the other half quit because management made them feel like they were doing something wrong. In the three years I worked there, I was the only consistent employee. – more... There were six different managers in that time and I don't even know how many employees - most did not stay more than a couple of months. Apart from all of that drama, it was fun. I loved merchandising. – less
Good store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 4, 2013
Friendly customers. Involves cashier duties and organizational skills to fold clothes and empty fitting rooms.

1 2 3

About Mark's

In the crowded apparel market, Mark's stands out for its commitment to comfort, quality, style, and innovation. Though their roots – Read more