Mark's Employee Reviews

It is a great place with a variety of awesome co-workers
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 February 2018
Depending on the day, weather and season Marks can be either fun, stressful or boring. I started working there in August of 2017 and so far I love it. I'm responsible for the mens jeans/pants/dress shirts and it keeps me constantly busy, which I love. We occasionally get a few characters in the store but mostly the customers are just strangers but customers who we are there to serve. During the Christmas season it can get really busy but it forces you to hurry, which I like. At my Marks the managers are awesome but peculiar in their own ways. There is one who closes really fast which is good because I'm usually closing and there is one who takes a really long time but I guess those kinds of people are everywhere.
Pros
the breaks. for a 8 hour shift its 2 15 minute breaks and one half an hour
Cons
A few of the customers are characters so you have to be prepared
Overall, the job was alright.
Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2018
The managment is often changed around so it makes it hard to build relationships with your co-workers and bosses. The store is usually run very strrictly so "having a good time" is uncommon. Be prepared to work hard and know your place.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
harsh managment
Fantastic work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB24 January 2018
I love working for Marks. The corporation really looks out for the best interest of the employee. The job is fast passed. I like the changes that always occur. The product is amazing. Great work environment.
Very Friendly
Great Northern Road - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON22 January 2018
Mark's was a nice place to work although they need to work on who they hire in for management. They tend to not listen to the employees or help them when they go to management for a problem.
Work Environment
Cashier/Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 January 2018
Arriving to work at Mark's work wear house was always a pleasure, friendly staff and management created a safe working environment.
Here I would interact and aid costumers gaining customer service experience. The many tasks provided to me, helped positively shape my time management skills as well. Working for this company helped me grow tremendously as a person even in the short time I've worked there.
Very interactive and a comforting place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON17 January 2018
I was able to build confidence through my peers and gained more knowledge about management and the systems as the years went on. I was also able to meet lots of amazing people.
Pros
Social Interaction
Cons
Not enough to do, bored sometimes
Good Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB9 January 2018
HL location was good. Had good employees and a chill environment but had to find things to keep you busy. Edm location is good, keeps you busy but a couple of the workers are hard to work with, they criticize you for asking questions and can bite your head off for no reason. There's also unnecessary drama and that's not good. And the pay could be a little better.
great place to work
Sales Accociate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 December 2017
I worked there seasonal. It was a great job and had nice management. There was no problems at all and the only reason I left was that the job was seasonal.
Good to work
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 December 2017
Great place to work as a college student , allows you to network with a lot of people if your the sociable type , discount is decent and pay is avg for what your required to do .
Pros
discount, and networking
Cons
management sometimes
Fun
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 December 2017
was only there for seasonal work. Customers at times could be very rude, but management was awesome. Made lots of friends fast with other co-workers and always had a great time at work. Most days it didn't feel like a job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Some days were too long.
Working with friendly staff and in a safe working enviroment
cash and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON29 November 2017
Pros
friendly staff, excellent working environment
Cons
n/a
Sales duties (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC14 November 2017
This place was a great place to work at. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my customers. I learned alot in customer service and the duties of my job where demanding.
Fun Environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2017
I learnt a lot about clothing sales which was new to me. The flexible hours were great and the people were awesome to work with. This was a fast pace environment.
a fun and fast paced Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC25 October 2017
- Show up on time, be kind and willing to help any customer
- I learned proper customer service.
- Kind and to the point
- To be kind and informative
- Memorizing the location of every item
- Meeting new and fascinating people everyday.
Pros
the oppurtunity to meet new people
Cons
having to memorize each pro and con to every type of boot.
Fun place to work
Shipper/Receiver - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC25 October 2017
Lots of knowledge to gain and enjoyable atmosphere Many repeat customers and staff was always very helpful. Many skills to be learned, from cash to folding to leaning about safety wear
High speed, upbeat environment. Great boss.
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC3 October 2017
Ive had many retail jobs, this is one of the best. Amazing boss that actually cares about her staff. Fast paced environment, always busy and makes the day fly by.
Great co workers, supportive team. Pay is above min so that's good.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, flexible scheduling, good management
Cons
open until 9pm, mon-fri makes for quite a few evening shifts, Great for students or someone looking for evenings
Mark's was ok
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ON1 October 2017
It was an ok retail job, but poor wages and not very many opportunities for advancement. I started as a seasonal temporary hire and was kept on as part time.
Nice place
Business Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
Management is good, not a lot of room for advancement . Pay is not worth any management position. They schedule according to school schedule which is awesome.
Productive fun place with great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB27 September 2017
Managers were very fair and hard working. Fun environment to work in and great staff that were always nice and in good moods. You always knew what was expected of you and it was never over the top.
Flexible hours
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON20 September 2017
The company worked around my children's school schedule very nicely. The manager was very accommodating, and the staff was very friendly and hard working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mark's. Our community is ready to answer.