Maritz

Maritz Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Maritz is always laying people off
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Fenton, MOAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: Managers don't understand your job responsibilities
There are not enough people to do all the work that is necessary. They frequently rush through the projects to meet deadlines and create 'hacks' to make things work and never go back and build things the right way.

I did love working with my peers, but we all felt like we were waiting for the ball to drop. Who was going to be laid off next?
Day of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fenton, MOAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Talking with interesting people
Cons: Talking with people who are rude
Typical day consists of handling rewards program accounts for U.S. Bank, Regions, Suntrust and HSBC. Redeeming rewards points and assisting with website walk through.
Great well organized company with great communication
Meeting Manager Contractor -American Express M&E (Current Employee), Home office-New JerseyJuly 20, 2015
Pros: organized
Cons: no comments
Great company. Co-workers are all tram oriented.

Maxvantage was a Maritz/AMEX joint company. Split apart and I worked for both until AMEX had me busy full time. Maritz left the door open for future possibilities.
Temporary position
Receptionist (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: position wasn't permanent
a typical day of work was coming in and setting up my desk and area and getting ready to greet customers and employees and answering the phones and transferring them to the correct personnel.
I learned how to deal with a difficult or angry customer.
Co-workers would sometimes be rude.
The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining experience working as a receptionist
They were very kind.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Kirksville, MOJune 27, 2015
people were good to work with
chairs were hard to sit in for 8 hrs
they gave good advice
they had great break times
they let you sit where you want after you were trained
they trained well
always had games going on to keep bordon down
Great company! Great experience
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: This job placed me on a new level in accounting career
Cons: Company aqusition
High volume cash postings
Great knowledge of accounting system conversions
Excel advancement skills
Wire transfers
Dun & Bradstreet reports
Collection Procedures
AR reconciliation
Treat their employees well!
Registration Specialist (Current Employee), Fenton, MOMay 9, 2015
Love feeling like I was a valued member of the team, even in such a large company. Lots of special days and events happening on campus. Management was always very approachable and not over bearing. They definitely like to hire from within - which is good if you are hoping to advance both upward and laterally within the company - but may make it a bit difficult to actually get your foot in the door.
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Fenton, MOFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great bosses, two breaks a day and 45 minute lunch.
Cons: unstable work since it is a temp service, raises are hard to earn, does not provide sick pay or vacation pay.
Maritz is a good company to work for. The bosses are laid back and caring. Coworkers work as a team when needed. It is a fast paced environment, requires lots of lifting, but unfortunately there is not much room for advancement.
Fun job environment
Telephone Surveyor (Former Employee), Fenton, MONovember 25, 2014
Sat at a computer for about 5 hours waiting for the clients customers to answer your call. Asked them about how they liked the client's services and entered it in to the computer. Management did very little enteraction with the employees. Co-workers were very nice and friendly along with professional. The hardest part about this job was being yelled at by the customers who thought we were telemarketers/bill collectors for the client.
great place
QA Lead Analyst (Current Employee), Fenton, MONovember 13, 2014
People are at the center of every service Maritz provides for our clients. The Maritz Institute was created to bring the latest in human science insights to all Maritz businesses.
Fun workplace
Interactive Designer (Current Employee), Fenton, MOOctober 17, 2014
Fun workplace creating websites, email blast

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Boring repetitive job where good workers never get promoted
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: good schedule
Cons: short breaks, bad management
I found this job to be the most boring job I have ever had. You have to follow a script and make 200 or more calls a day and never deviate by even a single word or you get written up. Many times answering any questions a person has or agreeing with them will cause a survey to be invalid. Any suggestions are always ignored and many of the employees who did very poor work were promoted. The only good part was the hours and flexibility of the schedule.
schedule changed every 3 months
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Carson, CASeptember 25, 2014
this job isn't for someone raising children your hours change randomly as well as the pay rate
Nice place to work
At Home Interviewer (Former Employee), San FranciscoAugust 19, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: some surveys ended earlier in the month
You logged in and made survey calls. It was interesting and rewarding. Management were alright some communicated better than others
Average Employer in St. Louis
Senior Vice President, Facilities Manager (Former Employee), St. LouisAugust 19, 2014
Pros: fairly good work environment.
Cons: little job security, always worried if you would have a job in 6 months.
It was an average place to work. I enjoyed for the most part the people I worked with in the earlier part of my career.
Great, fun workplace to be at.
FREELANCE PRODUCTION ARTIST (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaJuly 8, 2014
very busy work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow.
Management and coworkers are great. Overtime is a must, but the job is enjoyable.
laid back but no hope for the future
marketing research interviewer (Former Employee), Kirksville, MOJuly 5, 2014
Pros: laid back people, nice environment.
Cons: you cant get very many hours, no hope for advancement
a typical day at work would be very easy and sometimes short. i learned that allot of people are not happy to hear you at 9pm. the management was average. the floor managers were great and very supportive but the ones that sat in there office everyday had no idea what was going on allot of the times. my co workers were the best laid back environment and pretty fun time. there was no hard part about this job i think a 12 year old could do this job. most enjoyable part about this job is that i got to sit in a air conditioned room in a nice comfy chair and got to talk on the phone to people all day.
Reliable
Administrator (Current Employee), Fenton, MOJune 20, 2014
A very reliable company, good jobs and great management team
It was a good company to work for.
Mentor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fenton, MOFebruary 3, 2014
In the department I was in, you couldn't do anything. You had to sit at a desk infront of a computer and wait for the phone to ring.
the enviornemnt is good.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Maumee, OHJanuary 31, 2014
I did not like the job because it was to boring. You sit at a cubical all day and the computer dials out numbers back t back all day for you to give individuals surveys.

About Maritz

Maritz Research provides custom market research services primarily for clients in the automotive, financial, telecommunications, – Read more