Maritz

Maritz Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Treat their employees well!
Registration Specialist (Current Employee), Fenton, MOMay 9, 2015
Love feeling like I was a valued member of the team, even in such a large company. Lots of special days and events happening on campus. Management was always very approachable and not over bearing. They definitely like to hire from within - which is good if you are hoping to advance both upward and laterally within the company - but may make it a bit difficult to actually get your foot in the door.
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Fenton, MOFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great bosses, two breaks a day and 45 minute lunch.
Cons: unstable work since it is a temp service, raises are hard to earn, does not provide sick pay or vacation pay.
Maritz is a good company to work for. The bosses are laid back and caring. Coworkers work as a team when needed. It is a fast paced environment, requires lots of lifting, but unfortunately there is not much room for advancement.
Fun job environment
Telephone Surveyor (Former Employee), Fenton, MONovember 25, 2014
Sat at a computer for about 5 hours waiting for the clients customers to answer your call. Asked them about how they liked the client's services and entered it in to the computer. Management did very little enteraction with the employees. Co-workers were very nice and friendly along with professional. The hardest part about this job was being yelled at by the customers who thought we were telemarketers/bill collectors for the client.
great place
QA Lead Analyst (Current Employee), Fenton, MONovember 13, 2014
People are at the center of every service Maritz provides for our clients. The Maritz Institute was created to bring the latest in human science insights to all Maritz businesses.
Fun workplace
Interactive Designer (Current Employee), Fenton, MOOctober 17, 2014
Fun workplace creating websites, email blast

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Boring repetitive job where good workers never get promoted
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: good schedule
Cons: short breaks, bad management
I found this job to be the most boring job I have ever had. You have to follow a script and make 200 or more calls a day and never deviate by even a single word or you get written up. Many times answering any questions a person has or agreeing with them will cause a survey to be invalid. Any suggestions are always ignored and many of the employees who did very poor work were promoted. The only good part was the hours and flexibility of the schedule.
schedule changed every 3 months
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Carson, CASeptember 25, 2014
this job isn't for someone raising children your hours change randomly as well as the pay rate
Nice place to work
At Home Interviewer (Former Employee), San FranciscoAugust 19, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: some surveys ended earlier in the month
You logged in and made survey calls. It was interesting and rewarding. Management were alright some communicated better than others
Average Employer in St. Louis
Senior Vice President, Facilities Manager (Former Employee), St. LouisAugust 19, 2014
Pros: fairly good work environment.
Cons: little job security, always worried if you would have a job in 6 months.
It was an average place to work. I enjoyed for the most part the people I worked with in the earlier part of my career.
Great, fun workplace to be at.
FREELANCE PRODUCTION ARTIST (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaJuly 8, 2014
very busy work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow.
Management and coworkers are great. Overtime is a must, but the job is enjoyable.
laid back but no hope for the future
marketing research interviewer (Former Employee), Kirksville, MOJuly 5, 2014
Pros: laid back people, nice environment.
Cons: you cant get very many hours, no hope for advancement
a typical day at work would be very easy and sometimes short. i learned that allot of people are not happy to hear you at 9pm. the management was average. the floor managers were great and very supportive but the ones that sat in there office everyday had no idea what was going on allot of the times. my co workers were the best laid back environment and pretty fun time. there was no hard part about this job i think a 12 year old could do this job. most enjoyable part about this job is that i got to sit in a air conditioned room in a nice comfy chair and got to talk on the phone to people all day.
Reliable
Administrator (Current Employee), Fenton, MOJune 20, 2014
A very reliable company, good jobs and great management team
It was a good company to work for.
Mentor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fenton, MOFebruary 3, 2014
In the department I was in, you couldn't do anything. You had to sit at a desk infront of a computer and wait for the phone to ring.
the enviornemnt is good.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Maumee, OHJanuary 31, 2014
I did not like the job because it was to boring. You sit at a cubical all day and the computer dials out numbers back t back all day for you to give individuals surveys.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: the company does provide extra activities like bring your dog to work day
Cons: it's a call center
I liked working here because they keep you informed on your work performance, everyone was so friendly, and they allow room for advancement within the company
Freelancer
Script supervisor (Former Employee), Fenton, MOJanuary 26, 2014
Worked on many film projects through freelance production companies who were hired by Maritz to produce their films. Excellent company.
Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 3, 2013
This is a really fun place to work at. They know when to be serious and get the job done but also to have fun while you are doing it.
it was alot of fun to wok there it was just a dead end job
Puller (Former Employee), Fenton, MOOctober 29, 2013
Pros: great hours, people and kept oyu busy
Cons: lay offs, no advancement
great hours, and great people, but it was a dead end job and they were loosing bussiness and was laying alot of people off so i could not stay there because of the fear of getting laid off
Decent place to work
Associate Assist/ Work Force Scheduler (Former Employee), Arnold, MOSeptember 26, 2013
Worked for the AT&T programs. Spent day working on employees work schedules. Management was knowledgeable and helpful.
Fun work place
Supervisor, Customer Operations (Former Employee), Fenton, MOJune 10, 2013
I worked for this company for over four years and unfortunately there were quite a few lay offs. I was offered a downgraded position but could not manage the loss of pay. I enjoyed working there and met a lot of great people. The training for Supervisors was really good. It was hard to go through major lay offs when one of the big clients decided to pull their contract do outsource elsewhere.

June 18, 2013

I was referred by my previous employer to work for this company in Mississauga about 12 years ago and I am absolutely serious when I tell you that they made me work 16-17 hour days 7 days a week with no pay and I never was given the opportunity to take my lunches. I was continuously harangued to the point of tears by my boss in A/P for not working hard enough. They would not allow me to leave the work premises, this was at 11p.m., until my work was finished. The Canadian location for this American company is truly one is the most heinous companies to work for. After I left, I applied to a Head Hunter who told me that they were no longer placing their people with Maritz due to the number of complaints by their employees. I am not the only person they treated unlawfully, there were many more besides myself. This is a serious warning to anyone who may think about being employed with this company. Do not send your application; they will use you and consume you. They are the most vile, despicable company in existence.

About Maritz

Maritz Research provides custom market research services primarily for clients in the automotive, financial, telecommunications, – Read more