Maritz Employee Reviews

New management is driving people away
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO18 February 2018
The new leadership at Maritz Motivation is driving their top performers to find new jobs outside the company. They are not interested in learning from the experts they have on staff and keep bringing in new management who doesn't know the business or competition. For a motivation company, the new leadership doesn't recognize its hard workers or the people on the front lines who are having to make excuses for poor processes to customers everyday.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
New management is not leading the company to success
Ugh...helped with rent
Editor (Former Employee) –  Park, KS12 January 2018
Just a part time job. Liked my co worker and managers. Could be stressful and could be boring. No advancement, no benefits, something a bit more money.
Unorganized
Kia Motors In-Dealership Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Southern California10 January 2018
Contract job was very unorganized and made it hard to meet deadlines with processes changing each week. Was not a new program either. The pay scale for program was not adequate.
Pros
Great company to get into if you can do so, They are more than the contract job, great reputation.
Cons
Program expectations and problems with technology were confusing and changing every day.
Difficult place
Senior Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO7 January 2018
Very difficult place to work and hard place to succeed due to lack of resource needed to do a job well. Technology is outdated making delivering a high tech product very difficult.
if you could get any other job, then take it
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO26 December 2017
you have a better chance in succeeding in life working at mcdonalds. I was a training manager here and was in charge of the people we would keep from the hiring process. Every week they would hire 50 people and tell me to only choose 20. So every week i had to ruine 30 lives. Terrible place.
Careless management and no support
Travel Agent (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO22 December 2017
The company expects you to learn company systems and applications within a week. They then throw you on the call center floor ready or not without any support. The first 2 months was a struggle because management/ supervisors would throw a fit when the new people had questions or would have to transfer calls to them. Never felt welcome or supported the moment I started there.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
management and HR
Business Consultant - Car manufacturers (Former Employee) –  Paris30 November 2017
A good variety of work and locations, new challenges each and new
learning opportunity's. Helpful coordinators who assist with any problem that arise.
Pros
Support
Cons
Advancement
Excellent place to work
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MO17 November 2017
I spent 16 months as a contractor at Maritz. The company is
considerate of its employees, providing numerous opportunities
for training, social interaction and charitable activities.

The environment is fast paced and technically heterogeneous.
It requires quick solutions to integration problems.

I enjoyed my time at this company and only left because the
contract ended.
Good teamwork
Analyst - IT (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO14 September 2017
A typical day involved writing code, updating data, attending meetings, and learning about the processing of the data and parts of the internet. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance the various tasks and prioritizing.
Pros
Lunch events
Cons
good company to work for
Senior Project Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO9 August 2017
this is a good company to work for, however, there are a lot of layoffs here, so it is somewhat iffy when you get in...great teaching environment though and a fun place to work.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
layoffs
productive at work place
security guard (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 July 2017
i never enjoy the job even though i did put all my efforts and courage on it,the company was taking me and others workers for granted but yet we force to play our part perfectly.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Dangerous places
Great place, but only temporary
Process Facilitator/Automotive Trainer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA10 May 2017
Great company, but very dependent upon national contracts from General Motors and other dealers. Area I live in was determined to be too small to support an employee
Pros
Independence, great salary
Cons
no benefits, contract work only
Learning opportunities are really great
Admin Financial System Oracle Project Accounting (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MO3 March 2017
Maritz has enacted, in the last year, online tutorials each month on the different applications we use daily. The tutorials are offered online during a lunch hour or in our technical lab.
I have learned a lot of systems capabilities while working in a very customized business. The platforms sold to our clients all offer very specific customization, where it's available.
I have always worked in financial related areas of each Company I've been with but in this last position I was exposed to forecast. The estimation that goes into a forecast and then the final reconciliation of it was very interesting.
Maritz encourages working from home and that has been very beneficial, one day a week, to complete task that can't be interrupted. the quiet and focus that one day a week is most productive.
Pros
Distance from home to work is under 5 miles. Working from home is a big PRO
Cons
The complexity of an awards based business is very stressful.
Very Strict Atmosphere
(Contractor) Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO16 February 2017
This was a call center with cubicles. I took calls from customers associated with US Bank, Capital One and helped them redeem reward points
Pros
Connected with people
Cons
Very strict on time
Fun workplace
Copy Person (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO14 February 2017
I loved the job here. It was easy. The people were nice to work for and I wished it could have been a long time position. I made sure all copiers were filled with the correct paper for the print jobs.
Cons
Only was there to cover vacations
Senior Developer Analyst / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO13 February 2017
I had many enjoyable times at Maritz and met some of the best people ever, they were more like family and not just co-workers. I learned a lot about programming, gathering requirements and how processes work with ABS and 1FS.
Horrible
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Missouri10 January 2017
Being human is not allowed; if you yawn you are harassed so much it causes stress related health issues; respondents are rude and nasty; you repeat the same thing 200 times a day; pay is insanely low - not worth it
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Pay; respondents; bosses
Fun productive good environment to work in
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MO6 January 2017
They is a great company to work for but im currently just looking for advancement . I can honestly say out all the company's I worked for they was the best they know how to treat they employees and appreciate our hard work.
Unstructured work environment.
Release Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO2 September 2016
Unstructured work environment. Very difficult to implement process within Commerce Fulfillment organization. Very high turnover. Lack of professionalism and receptiveness to new technology and innovation.
Solid Company
CRS (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA28 June 2016
Good company has solid relationships in the auto industry. Management is macro and as long as you get your job done and done right their is no issues. Co-workers were great I made great business relationships IT needed to be more engaging they were the weakest link in the company since I was a remote employee if my computer went down I was stuck for long periods of downtime waiting for them to fix or send out new equipment.