Maritz Employee Reviews

Great place, but only temporary
Process Facilitator/Automotive Trainer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA10 May 2017
Great company, but very dependent upon national contracts from General Motors and other dealers. Area I live in was determined to be too small to support an employee
Pros
Independence, great salary
Cons
no benefits, contract work only
Learning opportunities are really great
Admin Financial System Oracle Project Accounting (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MO3 March 2017
Maritz has enacted, in the last year, online tutorials each month on the different applications we use daily. The tutorials are offered online during a lunch hour or in our technical lab.
I have learned a lot of systems capabilities while working in a very customized business. The platforms sold to our clients all offer very specific customization, where it's available.
I have always worked in financial related areas of each Company I've been with but in this last position I was exposed to forecast. The estimation that goes into a forecast and then the final reconciliation of it was very interesting.
Maritz encourages working from home and that has been very beneficial, one day a week, to complete task that can't be interrupted. the quiet and focus that one day a week is most productive.
Pros
Distance from home to work is under 5 miles. Working from home is a big PRO
Cons
The complexity of an awards based business is very stressful.
Very Strict Atmosphere
(Contractor) Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO16 February 2017
This was a call center with cubicles. I took calls from customers associated with US Bank, Capital One and helped them redeem reward points
Pros
Connected with people
Cons
Very strict on time
Fun workplace
Copy Person (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO14 February 2017
I loved the job here. It was easy. The people were nice to work for and I wished it could have been a long time position. I made sure all copiers were filled with the correct paper for the print jobs.
Cons
Only was there to cover vacations
Senior Developer Analyst / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO13 February 2017
I had many enjoyable times at Maritz and met some of the best people ever, they were more like family and not just co-workers. I learned a lot about programming, gathering requirements and how processes work with ABS and 1FS.
Horrible
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Missouri10 January 2017
Being human is not allowed; if you yawn you are harassed so much it causes stress related health issues; respondents are rude and nasty; you repeat the same thing 200 times a day; pay is insanely low - not worth it
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Pay; respondents; bosses
Fun productive good environment to work in
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MO6 January 2017
They is a great company to work for but im currently just looking for advancement . I can honestly say out all the company's I worked for they was the best they know how to treat they employees and appreciate our hard work.
Unstructured work environment.
Release Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO2 September 2016
Unstructured work environment. Very difficult to implement process within Commerce Fulfillment organization. Very high turnover. Lack of professionalism and receptiveness to new technology and innovation.
Solid Company
CRS (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA28 June 2016
Good company has solid relationships in the auto industry. Management is macro and as long as you get your job done and done right their is no issues. Co-workers were great I made great business relationships IT needed to be more engaging they were the weakest link in the company since I was a remote employee if my computer went down I was stuck for long periods of downtime waiting for them to fix or send out new equipment.
Maritz
Volunteer / Food Service (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO14 March 2016
My work at Maritz was a great opportunity to learn work ethic and skill that I hope to take with me into my working career. I worked there for two years through the Special School District and apprecite all they did for me at Maritz.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Limited opportunities.
Productive, Can expand your skills provided we are placed with a good team
Team Member (Current Employee) –  AP3 February 2016
The work culture is not very stressful
- manageable work
- friendly peers
- management is not very satisfying
- can learn many new things provided we are associated with a good team
- learnt to adapt to new working environments
- ability to take the stress and work under pressure
- the most enjoyable part is playing table tennis or badminton in the free time
Pros
Team outings
Cons
Salary is not satisfying
productive workplace
Administrative Clerk (Summons Department) (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng11 January 2016
Work is not bad, despite the workload in which I'm always ready for. It starts off slow but as time goes by it unfolds into something amazing.I learned about the various legal systems used in my workplace I l love the management, they well organised and know what they want from their employees... which is hard work. my colleagues are awesome despite their craziness and indifferences. my work is not hard but I would say the workload would be the "hardest" part of my work. I enjoy my work overall, because I am a hard worker and I hate not working.
Pros
awesome people, functions and birthday gifts
Cons
salary is not that much
I loved Working at Maritz Miss it
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fenton MO5 October 2015
Maritz is a Great place to Work Miss it

Management was Great to work with.

My co-workers were fun.

The hardest of the job was Loosing it

We as people never want to lose there jobs.

The work force is a battle.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Busy work load.
I wasn't employed for very long
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO18 August 2015
This was a temporary position where if there wasn't a large volume of in-bound calls you were sent home. It required week-end hours that I was not told about until I was on the schedule.
Maritz is always laying people off
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO11 August 2015
There are not enough people to do all the work that is necessary. They frequently rush through the projects to meet deadlines and create 'hacks' to make things work and never go back and build things the right way.

I did love working with my peers, but we all felt like we were waiting for the ball to drop. Who was going to be laid off next?
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Managers don't understand your job responsibilities
Day of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO5 August 2015
Typical day consists of handling rewards program accounts for U.S. Bank, Regions, Suntrust and HSBC. Redeeming rewards points and assisting with website walk through.
Pros
Talking with interesting people
Cons
Talking with people who are rude
Great well organized company with great communication
Meeting Manager Contractor -American Express M&E (Current Employee) –  Home office-New Jersey20 July 2015
Great company. Co-workers are all tram oriented.

Maxvantage was a Maritz/AMEX joint company. Split apart and I worked for both until AMEX had me busy full time. Maritz left the door open for future possibilities.
Pros
organized
Cons
no comments
Temporary position
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA6 July 2015
a typical day of work was coming in and setting up my desk and area and getting ready to greet customers and employees and answering the phones and transferring them to the correct personnel.
I learned how to deal with a difficult or angry customer.
Co-workers would sometimes be rude.
The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining experience working as a receptionist
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
position wasn't permanent
They were very kind.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MO27 June 2015
people were good to work with
chairs were hard to sit in for 8 hrs
they gave good advice
they had great break times
they let you sit where you want after you were trained
they trained well
always had games going on to keep bordon down
Great company! Great experience
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CA13 May 2015
High volume cash postings
Great knowledge of accounting system conversions
Excel advancement skills
Wire transfers
Dun & Bradstreet reports
Collection Procedures
AR reconciliation
Pros
This job placed me on a new level in accounting career
Cons
Company aqusition