MARIE CURIE CANCER CARE Employee Reviews

good work place
Senior Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South West15 November 2016
I work nights at present, and every night is different depending on needs of patient, you do a lot of on line training, as a night worker you don't really see a lot of co workers but in meetings its nice to catch up.
The hardest part of the job is when you are attached to a patient and they die, the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and being appreciated for what you do.
Office Volunteer
Office Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh10 August 2016
Typical day of work starts with looking through the white mail, making sure that donors' feedback and requests are fulfilled. Also, updating fundraising database which sometimes requires problem solving skills as some information might be missing or irrelevant so need to be checked and approved. The management along with co-workers are very helpful and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I develop already known skills that is using MS Office and email, learn new skills such as working with database and adapting to office environment. At the moment I have not found the hardest part of the job because I get supported on every step.
Pros
excitement from learning new skills
Cons
no cons
Sense of humour required
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2016
It is permanent night work. Very tiring. Not good when all shops are open during the day when you are asleep. Job is satisfying being able to help people. Hardest part of the job, when someone dies.
Pros
No traffic jams to contend with
Cons
Don't see daylight hours very much
Good place with good people
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  MARIE CURIE CANCER CARE11 October 2016
a good place to work fun people and varied work loads I only did some volunteer work so I do not know so much about the pay/ career progression but I enjoyed my time spent there
Pros
good environment
Cons
I was volunteering
Good work olace. Lovely staff
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow18 October 2016
10/10. Amazing charity great place to work for a good cause also. Would be ideal for new people willing to give time to raise money to a charity that needs it.
Pros
New work location ecery day.
Cons
Long hours travelling
working at Marie curie
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Larkhall21 October 2016
Marie Curie is a good environment to work in. the people are friendly and it is a very rewarding job experience ,also it is allowing you to contribute to a worthwhile cause.
Easy work at an easy pace.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gloucester27 April 2016
This role involved both cash handling and handling stock. There was usually one paid member of staff (management) and a couple of volunteers. The management was very good and were very friendly, as were the other volunteers. The hardest part of the job was having to balance the stock take with the shop floor. Volunteering here was very easy.
Pros
Friendly staff and easy job.
Cons
It can get boring.
voluntary
Tk Maxx - Sales assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  phones, UK28 May 2016
Sorting out the clothes, dealing with customers, serving customers at the till and my favourite bit of this job was helping the staff they was very friendly.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not paid
Mainly Night Duty, rewarding work
Marie Curie Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Somerset area, covered a 25 mile radius6 January 2016
Work sporadic so not to rely on as an income. Very rewarding work when it was available.
Worked unsupervised, some people did not like the isolation of the job.
Pros
Interesting and varied, met people from all walks of life
Cons
Not knowing whether you had work until last day of availability
Achievement and helping others
Volunteer Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  London1 March 2016
Collecting from public places as well as organising and taking part in fundraising events. I learned it is important to help people in a less fortunate position than you.
Productive but young and vibrant work space.
Recruitment Administrator, HR Department (Former Employee) –  Victoria, London1 September 2015
My experience at Marie Curie was a fantastic one. Although this was a contract job and I had to leave within a short period of time, I am still in contact with all my colleagues. Working at Marie Curie allowed me to master my skills in recruitment whereas prior to that recruitment was just a part of a wide range of different jobs I performed.
Pros
Lively Team
Cons
Lack of job security as the whole team was on a temporary contract.
A Great Development Opportunity
Planning & Development Telephone Appeals Manager (Former Employee) –  Pontypool23 October 2015
Project Manager for the entire transition of the Regional and National Telephone Appeals Operation into a centralised Fundraising Support Centre over a 12 month Period
Pros
Great Development
Cons
Working away from home
review
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  port talbot9 February 2016
the job it self was good i was messed about alot. they didnt pay me for 3 months and for 12 months i was covering i was not contracted
As inefficient as it gets
Senior Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  lincolnshire13 May 2015
We Nurses do great work at the sharp end, in front of Patients and their loved one's. Overall though, the Charity is a terrible place to work. The management are inefficient and largely uncaring. There is a culture of bullying and lack of respect for staff and absolutely no effort is made to provide a work/ life balance or to listen to staff. The work is fantastic. Being with Patients is fantastic, but dealing with the organisation is horrendous!
Pros
the patients one works with
Cons
management inefficiency and lack of care
learning and fun enviroment
store assistant (Current Employee) –  huyton1 June 2015
a typical day of work is very busy always making sure the shelves and rails are stocked up and tidy at all times, working on the till and trying to sell stock, making sure the customer leaves the store happy and with hat they wanted. when ne stock comes in the store sort the stock out into what where keeping and what e are sending on then sort them into omens, men's and children's they do a stock check and work out how much you would make from all the donated goods.

I learned a lot about myself and other people volunteering. I learned a lot for my manager and hat it takes to be a manger of a store , the hardest part of the job is not having what the customer wanted and letting them down and the most enjoyable part is talking to the customers and building a relationship with them.
Pros
9-5 monday to friday
Cons
orking on sunday
Fantastic company with a great cause
Senior Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  London, UK13 January 2015
I loved working at Marie Curie and I am so grateful for the opportunity they gave me before I came travelling.
I was involved in four main fundraising areas of the business: Mountain Challenges, Overseas Challenges, Text Santa and Walk 10.
My managers and co workers were brilliant and allowed me to settle in straight away and helped me to produce my best for them.

The hardest part of the job was the restrictions that are placed in charity work. This was however also the most enjoyable part as when you produced good work despite this you feel proud and satisfied.
Pros
Great flexibility in working hours
Cons
Not every department flowed towards the same goals
AMAZING CHARITY TO WORK FOR
SENIOR HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Worcester, ENG19 January 2015
Due to the nature of this job i did nights supporting families giving them support some would go to bed some wanted to stay up not knowing there loved one would make it the next day.Would make sure the patient was comfortable at night personal care assist with diet and fluids if they wanted it.The hardest part of my job was supporting the families i always felt if they could trust me and see what support i could give them and giving them to express there feelings most mornings i would come away with a hug and a thank you that made my job worth it also most important it was a peaceful death being able to be a step ahead contacting doctors and nurses at the right time.
Pros
being able to support patient and families
Cons
great place to do work experience
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  farnbrough9 October 2015
great place to work when you are not working and need work experience . a good start to learn about retail and customer service.
Pros
help a great cause
Cons
you don't get payed for it
Good and bad
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Vuaxhall20 August 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with but lower management was unmotivating, demoralising and unsupportive as well as consistently talking down to staff in which the whole sales force felt. furthermore the sales training was pathetic. The hardest part of the job was trying to sign people up. The only thing i learnt, was what made a bad manager. There was No Job security as people were fired in the first half of there second day if there wasn't a sale, even though in the interview we were told we had a one month trial.
Pros
Friendly sale colleagues
Cons
As stated in review
A lovely charity and a rewarding role.
People & Organisational Development (Current Employee) –  Central London21 August 2014
Having worked as an Organisational Development professional within the Charity sector for six years, I have developed a wide range of skills.

In my current occupation as a People & Organisational Development Administrator for Marie Curie Cancer Care I have had many achievements, including implementing a national leadership programme, building relationships across the organisation in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, assisting and improving engagement levels across Marie Curie Cancer Care.

Supporting people in order for them to get the best from themselves and achieve their goals is hugely rewarding for the individual and the organisation.

4.5