MARIE CURIE CANCER CARE

MARIE CURIE CANCER CARE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great shop!
Volunteer retail (Current Employee), UpminsterMarch 11, 2014
Marie Curie Cancer Care Shop in Upminster is a wonderful shop to work for. I love the people that i work with which makes the job tho teadious at times, rather fun. Our customers are great and we rarely have any disrespectful or agressive customers. My mother passed away with Lukemia a few years ago so, its feels good to be able to give my time to this – more... Organisation of compassionate care for terminally ill people. Such a blessing to give! – less
productive and calm workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Sunderland, ENGMarch 3, 2014
I volunteered as a shop assisstant at Marie Curie and was able to gain skills in communicate with customers. my co-workers mainly worked at the back while i worked on the till and were very helpful and friendly.
Productive and fun work place
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Dartford, ENGFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: long breaks
I love working at Marie Curie as you get to work one to one with customers and all the staff get along.
Enjoyable and interesting environment
Volunteer (Current Employee), Rainham, ENGJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: sometimes limited duties
I find my voluntary work at Marie Curie Cancer Care in Rainham a great experience in working in the Retail industry. The job duties include serving and dealing with customers, organising and management of the shop, pricing, sorting and tidying stock and maintaining the store.

I am currently enjoying my opportunity working at Marie Curie, and it is – more... good experience for being in a working environment. – less
Excellent Work Culture
VOLUNTARY RECRUITMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 1, 2014
A typical day at work would be pleasant. The Recruitment team that I worked with was friendly yet gal oriented and gave me opportunities to learn, challenge myself and carry functions outside my comfort zone. They would provide me with all guidelines and support. Attracting candidates for a unpaid voluntary role was indeed a challenge. Many students – more... and experienced candidates would not like the idea of working without pay. Therefore, work was a challenge in terms of creating a talent pool and attracting fresh minds.

Even though roles to be recruited for were voluntary, there was a good system of keeping records, conducting background checks, obtaining references, etc.

I had a wonderful experience of working with Marie Curie Cancer Care. – less
Friendly place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lisburn, NIRNovember 3, 2013
Providing assistance and sales along with first class service
Stock preparation & merchandising.
Staff/volunteer rotas.
Volunteer training.
Cash handling/Banking.
Administration.
Working as part of a team.
Liasing with Manager/Area Manager.
fun easy going place to work
Voulnteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee), Sunderland, ENGOctober 13, 2013
Pros: travel paid for
Cons: when we are understaffed
a great introduction to retail shop life, easy going friendly atmosphere, i have gained experience and new skills. meet new people and learn transferable skills,friendly helpful staff.
A great volunteering oppertunity
Walk Ten Marshal (Former Employee), Cupar, SCTOctober 5, 2013
Pros: free tea and barbeque after the event and personal satisfaction in helping others
As a volunteer I got to help out others and motivate them on their journey. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Marie Curie and would recommend it to anyone who would like an experience in the voluntary sector.
Helpful and really great environment
Financial Administration Volunteer (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJuly 6, 2013
I'm working in MCCC as a volunteer I am very happy to be part of the Support Administration Team, because I think they are doing a great social work. Each week is exciting because I'm learning new things for me, and a very nice work environment, the relationship with colleagues is very good and helpful.
In my opinion the management does a great job, – more... there are lots of people working there between workers and volunteers, is very well organized, everyone knows their job and reach the goals.
At the moment I can not talk about a hard day at work and what I like most about my job is that it gives me the opportunity to learn new tasks. – less
Enjoyed my time there loved the interacting with the customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), CookstownMay 10, 2013
Pros: being out on the floor talking with the customers and my staff.
Cons: a lot was expected
I would open up the shop,set up the till for the day,the day was spent getting clothes ready for going out on the shop floor,I had a team of volanteers who i had to organise as to which days they came in,iI loved the interaction between both my volanteers and the customers,the hardest part was keeping up with the many things that had to be done each – more... day. – less
very interesting role
Telephone Appeals Operator (Former Employee), , Doncaster, South YorkshireMay 7, 2013
Pros: worked own hours as long as the work was completed
Cons: not enough hours
i enjoyed my job 100% I preferred to be kept busy and to keep within the deadlines concerning the figures which the company adhered to at all times!
Fantastic internship experience
Corporate Development/Public Relations Intern (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 29, 2013
I enjoyed being able to work in a foreign work environment. I learned how to draft press releases and research new business prospects.
Core values and integrity and the centre of care delivery
Hospice Manager (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTMarch 24, 2013
Pros: good pension scheme
Cons: annual leave reduction from previous roles
A typical day at work varies from day to day but for the main part it will be a mix of:
operational management,
liaising with key stakeholders both internally and externally, maintaing high standards of care through robust systems and processes
supporting staff to deliver the best care they can
meeting patients and relatives
reviewing and maintaining – more... standards of care
working in partnership with regulatory bodies
budget management
representing the organisation at external meetings
developing innovative ways of working
chairing meetings
reviewing services and writing reports.

I have learned that if you keep patients care centric to everyday management you cannot go far wrong.

I line manage 6 managers but remain responsible for over 200 staff, including volunteers.

The hardest part of the job is the is knowing that patients you are meeting today may not be with you tomorrow so every minute counts and sensitive communication is key.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I can make a difference by leading a magnificent team to deliver the best in care, making someone's last moments as important as their first. – less
Fun workplace
Volanteer (Current Employee), Burton On TrentMarch 12, 2013
Pros: nice staff
Duties Included stock rotation, Stock replenishment, operating the till, labelling stock, cleaning the store, steaming and sorting clothing and customer service.
charity status
Branch manager (Former Employee), Maghull, MerseysideMarch 7, 2013
Pros: freedom to make decisions
Cons: 4 hours travel per day to and from work
preparing stock
pricing stock
stock management
team management
adminisration, cash handling and banking duties
training of staff
health and safety implimentation
learned how to enlist, train and retain volunteers
hardest part of job for me was 4 hours travel a day on top of 8/9 hour shift, especially bad in winter
enjoyed building and working with team
Great place to work. Very friendly staff.
Administrative assistant (Current Employee), GranthamNovember 5, 2012
General administrative duties i.e. filing, photocopying, making phone calls, updating data and records and researching the internet. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I learnt a lot about administrative work and built confidence in ringing clients.
fun work place
shop assistant (Current Employee), merthyr tydfilNovember 1, 2012
the workers are great to get along with. fun place to work.
im learning with the till,
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), EdinburghOctober 21, 2012
Pros: meet new people
Cons: hours
great place to work and you get to meet plenty of new faces and get to know everyone really well
No Comment
PA/Medical Secretary (Current Employee), Woolton LiverpoolSeptember 10, 2012
Cons: no comment
Co workers are lovely and probably the best people I have ever worked with
Volunteer Placement
Volunteer Administrator (Current Employee), RhylJuly 17, 2012
Pros: working with new people
Cons: small office
I enjoy working for Marie Curie Cancer Care. The staff are very kind and are willing to help you when you get stuck with something. On a typical day of work, I would use a software program called Care to input their street collection volunteer's hours of working.

Every other working day, I handle the outgoing mail.

I research on the internet for volunteer – more... groups and events. My role also includes stock taking, spreadsheets and general typing. – less