MARIE CURIE CANCER CARE Employee Reviews

Job Role no longer exists
Fundraising Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pontypool, Torfaen29 May 2017
Fundraising for Nurses caring for terminally ill patients in their own homes and Hospices.

Sales driven and cold calling the public to sign up and donate regularly.

The organisation closed down in 2015.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Unsocial hours
Working in the community
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South West London, Greater London13 May 2017
Lone
Worker doing nights in palliative care
Looking after end of life patients
Monitoring syringe drivers, oxygen, assisting with medications, washing and dressing, attending to peg feeds, assisting with
Feeding and drinking, changing pads, empting catheter bags
Pros
We get paid mileage and get staff loans
Cons
No free lunch coz we work nights
enjoyable
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Luton10 May 2017
When I done my charity work for Marie Curie Cancer care , it was a fun experience for me as it was something new and I knew it was for a good cause. I had to go around Luton mall and collect donations towards this charity. In addition to this , a bake sale was also carried out in order for people to buy cakes and other foods from me , in order to raise donations towards the charity.
Pros
good cause
Administration Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent23 March 2017
Marie Curie Cancer Care office in Maidstone is a lively and fun place to work. They are all dedicated professionals and create a brilliant atmosphere in which to excel yourself. I learnt a great deal while I worked there including day to day banking, working with spreadsheets, working with donors updating their details on the in house system, helping people wherever they had queries that they needed help with as well as helping with various fundraising campaigns.
Pros
Working atmosphere and environment.
awful company
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  midlands2 March 2017
Management play the blame game, always trying to catch you out and discipline you but they get away with everything, treat you as a number just to fill a shift, give you no support whilst at work. Working for Marie Curie has easily been the most traumatic work experience of my career
productive and fun workplace
Sales assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 January 2017
Everyone was extremely friendly and easy to get along with. work environment was safe. It was easy to understand what your tasks were for the day and all the customers are very kind and happy.
Pros
everyone is friendly and easy to get along with
Cons
long hours at times
Sense of humour required
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2016
It is permanent night work. Very tiring. Not good when all shops are open during the day when you are asleep. Job is satisfying being able to help people. Hardest part of the job, when someone dies.
Pros
No traffic jams to contend with
Cons
Don't see daylight hours very much
good work place
Senior Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South West15 November 2016
I work nights at present, and every night is different depending on needs of patient, you do a lot of on line training, as a night worker you don't really see a lot of co workers but in meetings its nice to catch up.
The hardest part of the job is when you are attached to a patient and they die, the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and being appreciated for what you do.
working at Marie curie
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Larkhall21 October 2016
Marie Curie is a good environment to work in. the people are friendly and it is a very rewarding job experience ,also it is allowing you to contribute to a worthwhile cause.
Good work olace. Lovely staff
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow18 October 2016
10/10. Amazing charity great place to work for a good cause also. Would be ideal for new people willing to give time to raise money to a charity that needs it.
Pros
New work location ecery day.
Cons
Long hours travelling
Good place with good people
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  MARIE CURIE CANCER CARE11 October 2016
a good place to work fun people and varied work loads I only did some volunteer work so I do not know so much about the pay/ career progression but I enjoyed my time spent there
Pros
good environment
Cons
I was volunteering
Office Volunteer
Office Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh10 August 2016
Typical day of work starts with looking through the white mail, making sure that donors' feedback and requests are fulfilled. Also, updating fundraising database which sometimes requires problem solving skills as some information might be missing or irrelevant so need to be checked and approved. The management along with co-workers are very helpful and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I develop already known skills that is using MS Office and email, learn new skills such as working with database and adapting to office environment. At the moment I have not found the hardest part of the job because I get supported on every step.
Pros
excitement from learning new skills
Cons
no cons
voluntary
Tk Maxx - Sales assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  phones, UK28 May 2016
Sorting out the clothes, dealing with customers, serving customers at the till and my favourite bit of this job was helping the staff they was very friendly.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not paid
Easy work at an easy pace.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gloucester27 April 2016
This role involved both cash handling and handling stock. There was usually one paid member of staff (management) and a couple of volunteers. The management was very good and were very friendly, as were the other volunteers. The hardest part of the job was having to balance the stock take with the shop floor. Volunteering here was very easy.
Pros
Friendly staff and easy job.
Cons
It can get boring.
Achievement and helping others
Volunteer Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  London1 March 2016
Collecting from public places as well as organising and taking part in fundraising events. I learned it is important to help people in a less fortunate position than you.
review
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  port talbot9 February 2016
the job it self was good i was messed about alot. they didnt pay me for 3 months and for 12 months i was covering i was not contracted
Mainly Night Duty, rewarding work
Marie Curie Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Somerset area, covered a 25 mile radius6 January 2016
Work sporadic so not to rely on as an income. Very rewarding work when it was available.
Worked unsupervised, some people did not like the isolation of the job.
Pros
Interesting and varied, met people from all walks of life
Cons
Not knowing whether you had work until last day of availability
A Great Development Opportunity
Planning & Development Telephone Appeals Manager (Former Employee) –  Pontypool23 October 2015
Project Manager for the entire transition of the Regional and National Telephone Appeals Operation into a centralised Fundraising Support Centre over a 12 month Period
Pros
Great Development
Cons
Working away from home
very good
volunteer I been able (Current Employee) –  southend on sea16 October 2015
i enjoy woking there great fun been there yeah ihave lonent so much here and i love i it. when iget there i gert there elry make the tea and coffe and th stafe the day.
Pros
great staff
Cons
N/a
great place to do work experience
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  farnbrough9 October 2015
great place to work when you are not working and need work experience . a good start to learn about retail and customer service.
Pros
help a great cause
Cons
you don't get payed for it