Marcus Evans

Marcus Evans Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Account executive for conferences and sumits
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2014
B2B sales of conferences and summits, high pressure environment to sell to C class executives intangible items over the phone.
NA
Sales Representative (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 29, 2013
poor enviornment, false expectations, and lack of management
Not a great experience
Jr. Sales Executive (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 4, 2013
In regards to Marcus Evans,

They promise high sales comissions, but have you are unable to sent information to prospective clients, they have to make a decision within 24 hours.
Additionaly I was promised a higer salary then I wa given, and management is lacking.
Overall the job is very monotomous.
Telemarketing stress
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2013
Cons: poor company ethics
100 cold calls per day
learned very little
no management support
co-workers are competitors
maintaining self respect
nothing enjoyable about the job
Will teach you more about sales in a few months than most companies would over a year
Account Executive (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: great incentives, high commission
Cons: low salaries
An Account Executive position at Marcus Evans is not for everyone
It requires a lot of hard work, adaptability and a strong will to succeed. A typical day starts off with a morning meeting highlighting the objectives of the day followed by an enthusiastic rush to get the day started.

They employ very talented people with the capacity to become some – more... of the sharpest sales people in North America, if not the world. The managers are very helpful and understanding. They certainly make it a fun environment. – less
Complete Sales Cycle Procedure
International Sports Sales Manager (Former Employee), Stockholm, ABJuly 5, 2014
Intense sales cycle training and development. Networking with C-level executives to establish business partnerships.
Intense work environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee), 19th Floor Towers, Nairobi- KenyaMay 10, 2014
Pros: end month office parties
Cons: healthcare
Marcus Evans International is a performance based organization, therefore, a Monday and a Friday were all similar- Start strong finish strong. A typical and successful day at the organization would be an eventual exhausting, mental-wise, but the team was refreshing and always fun people to work with. The management was based in South Africa with extended – more... operations in Nairobi. Despite the good communication between the employees and the management team, the management team was rather rigid and inflexible to some changes and the country's (Kenya) holidays. For example, the Labor day (1st May) etc.
I gained a lot of valuable skills while at the company. I was able to build up on my team ability skills, communication skills and phone etiquette. I also sharpened my negotiation and research skills as those were key to scoring great number of sales. My passion in association with people and getting to understand and cater for their needs where necessary was my drive; this position at the company enabled me to gain a lot of insight in understanding the economic and social aspect of the human mind.
The office floor was comprised with few people, twenty one people. To me, they made every working place an exciting place to be. A team comprised of hardworking and smart people, always ready to listen and extend help whenever needed.
The hardest part of the job was when trying out a new product in the market. With an inflexible population in the market and with people that are not risk takers as quite, selling a product was at times really hard. Being a performance based organization, this would also implicate on my employment term in the company.
End of the months' parties were always a delight. A time to just relax with the rest of the team, getting to mingle and enjoy the team was a day we (at the company) always looked forward to. – less
Great Team
Project Accountant - Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great finance team
Cons: long hours, low pay, no study support
Great Team unfortunately not the best working conditions or renumeration package.
the only technology available to me was, telephone.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee), DubaiMarch 17, 2014
Pros: develop communication skills
Cons: time consuming research
work would start late around noon because we pitched international market, fun people to work but 8 hours of non stop cold calling. in depth market research would consume the entire weekend.
Worst place to work
sales executive (Former Employee), LondonMarch 5, 2014
Pros: they are no pros except some people are nice
Cons: please see above
They advertised this role as £28000 but then I found out they pay £650 a month. This is under the minimum wage therefore it is illegal. To cover this up they make your basic salary by adding whatever the commission you make. In the 1st month if you do not make more than £1090(which is minimum wage for month) they will pay you additional £440, but when – more... you make a sale they will deduct £440 from you.

You are also required to research from home. This means that for the minimum wage you end up working 12-14 hours per day. They treat you as another sale or a commodity. They don't think you are human.

This is the worst place I have ever worked in my life. The worst thing is they do the same sales ticks to you in the hiring process that they would do to clients . In the example of salary it is like "Over promise, under diliver", the sales jargon.

Some people are nice and professional but would you work day and night for minimum wage if you have graduate? and do over 100 cold call per day?. I think working in KFC will give you more pleasure and money. If you are really desperate then go but most of the employee I spoke to say that they are also looking for a new place... – less
Fun & Challenging workplace
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: friendly and helpful managers and collages
Cons: very long working hours
Everyday is unpredictable! Always keep working hard to generate potential business. Consistency could help me build up more sales achievement!
 One of the worlds leading business intelligence company.
Finance Manager, APAC, Africa & UAE (Former Employee), MalaysiaFebruary 8, 2014
Coordinate the financial reporting functions and supervised Accounts Payable and all related journal postings for Malaysia, Asia Pacific, Middle East and the Africa region. This included monthly reporting of revenue and monthly management accounts. Directly involved in forecasting and planning, budgeting and variance analysis. Also prepared the quarterly – more... and year end statutory reporting for the above region. Oversee the recording of all company sales accurately. Check pay claims and commissions of producers’ operations and sales staff and the release of payroll. Maintained and handled the capital assets and depreciation schedules.
 Was relocated to Johannesburg to lead and improve the Finance Department in the Africa region.
 Developed a financial modeling system to evaluate cashflow forecast, budget & variance analysis.
 Implemented financial reporting process to download data enhancing accuracy and timeliness – less
Fun workplace, Very Dynamic environment
Sales Manager - Delegate acquisition (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHFebruary 8, 2014
I would just say it is great and an enjoyable journey so far..
Long hourses on the phone.
Key Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: made a lot of money with little responsibility
Cons: terrible work environment
I very difficult atmosphere to work in. Did not at all enjoy my experience. Run by stupid young, inexperienced young people.
A no salary, high commission job, which I didn't mind.
Long hours of tedious & boring work.
great place to get a kick start in your career in sales
Account Executive (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 16, 2013
Pros: equality in management
Cons: short breaks, stressful environment
i learned how to be more confident on the phone and more aggressive when tackling an objection. improved my communication skills with upper management. learned to talk to CEOs and Company owners as an equal.

the team is very helpful and resourceful and made it easy to adapt.

the hardest part was the lead generation and the penetration of gate keepers – more... ( personal assistance/ secretaries) – less
marcus evans - A great place to work
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 24, 2013
Pros: solid employer, established company, team orientated
Cons: internal processes can be slightly long
Job security with good internal communication and good feedback throughout the company. Open door policy and emphasis on training and development as well as opportunity to move around (location and role wise). The salary is more than decent and open to review. Yearly Christmas parties and really fun, great people to work with.
An enthusiatic and creative team
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), LondonOctober 24, 2013
Pros: entrepreneurial spirit, exciting work, young and creative team
Cons: big company
There is also plenty of scope to really grow and develop the role you're in and make what you want of it. Especially if you're self driven and take responsibility for your actions. The management is very open to new ideas and solutions. A truly entrepreneurial place, where ideas can become reality.
Cold-calling company, extremely low pay
Sales Executive, Conferences Division (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2013
Pros: long lunch break, co-workers, location along chicago river
Cons: salary/commission structure, cold-calling only
I learned more about myself than anything during my time at Marcus Evans. A typical day at work consisted of 8 hours of cold calling companies in hopes of peaking their interest to attend business conferences. All leads had to be generated by yourself during strict research hours where you had to share a small bank of computers with nearly the entire – more... sales floor. With strict supervision (not in a good way), you had no choice but to spend hours at home generating your own leads. Co-workers were one thing that was good. Fun, young, relatable peers. Nice people but when you make your way through the smoke and mirrors, it is a telemarketing position in the most basic description. – less
Pros and Cons
Junior Account Executive (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros – I was able to really develop my communication skills through engaging with Senior Level Executives.
Learning about several industries and trends and key performance indicators in each of these industries. The Fast-paced culture, open-door policy with Management.

Cons –We were required to generate our own leads with no computer on your desk, – more... we were expected to share workstations. Salaries were commission only. – less
Excellent career progression, learning opportunities, employment performance reviews
Design Manager (Current Employee), United Kingdom, LondonMay 21, 2013
Pros: training, career path, travel, bonuses, social life, employment performance reviews
A day in the office is never the same; as we live and work in a dynamic business environment, I am also dynamic, self motivated, precise and punctual. There are many challenges to face every day but for me this is what makes my job and my life at the same time stimulating. marcus evans present you with many challenges to push yourself in your career, – more... the atmosphere amongst colleagues is very supportitive and with management always encouraging, you are giving the best support possible to so. marcus evans reviews and feedback on your performance is regular, allowing you to assess your career path. In summary, its a great company with many benefits, excellent career progression, learning opportunities and regular employment performance reviews – less

About Marcus Evans

Conference organizer Marcus Evans offers professional training, market analysis reports, event planning, and corporate hospitality – Read more