March of Dimes

March of Dimes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
PSW (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 14, 2013
I enjoyed my time working with MOD. I learned alot working with all my clients.
Personal Support Worker
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), st catharinesApril 10, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: midnights
i have learned respect client privacy, prompt indepenance. typical day- i worked midnights check on clients, reposition, answer the on call phone. management was alright, coworkers loved all my co workers. hardest part- working midnights alone,struggled with some of the heavier patients. most enjoyable is just the reward feeling at the end of the day – more... when you know you are helping people and cheering people up and being positive – less
March of Dimes
Job Developer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2013
Non Profit Organization helping people disabilities become job ready and secure competitive employment.
Great staff, poor managment,,not recommended, frustrating
rehabilitation worker (Former Employee), sudbury ontarioMarch 20, 2013
Pros: staff, consumers
Cons: managment from the top down, nepatisum, did not like male staff
great staff and consumers, very poor managment from the top down.
did not like male staff, 6 males fired within a 3 year period.Ratio too high for a predominated female company. Needs to be investigated.
say they are a non-profit company but managment would brag about making millions of dollars for the year?
nice work environment
Data Entry (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 6, 2014
easy going laid back type of position data entry good to do things for the children
Great organization, poor employee relations
Community Director (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2014
It's all about the babies which is great. The culture for the employees is poor at best.
amazing charity
Signature Chef (Current Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 19, 2014
I have spent the last several years volunteering for this organization, and helping to organize various Signature Chef events with them.
Great to give back
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 12, 2014
I participated in this philanthropy event once a year for 3 years. I helped set up the 5k run/jog and make it enjoyable for everyone that was participating in the event. I helped organize, set up, and run the event with about 30 other individuals. It is always nice to give back to a community that you love and support.
Great experience
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Working at March of Dimes was a great and enjoyable experience. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. I learned a lot interning at this company.
Helping babies to have a healthy start!
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: philanthropic cause
Cons: no benefits
Overall my experience in March of Dimes was personally rewarding. The feeling of collecting enough funds for the philanthropic cause to go on was pure happiness. And communication with families whose lives had been bettered was a joyful experience!
Going to National Travel Show
Executive Director (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: learning about the state of south carolina
Cons: income
Working with National Tour Operators at National Travel Shows.
Working closely with the City of Rock Hill and Olde English Tourism District.
Still friends with staff
Community director (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 30, 2013
Great team & great environment. Not an easy job. Lots of multi-tasking, high goals, and pressure. Very rewarding and friends you'll keep for life. Great learning experience.
Shady Business Techniques
Finance Department Intern (Former Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 27, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria food, friendly coworkers
Cons: disorganized, shady business techniques
The time i spent at The March of Dimes i realized that before you donate your money towards a charity, that you do your research first. The March of Dimes practices Immoral Business Techniques in order to strive as a organization.
nonprofit planning and marketing
planning and marketing for Signature Chef (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INSeptember 10, 2013
Organized items to auctioned. Prepared much needed items for mothers and their baby's in the NICU (Intensive Care Unit) Recruited and supervised volunteers. Helped with planning events which included, logistics, set up, and greeting sponsors. Mailed out flyers and invitations for various auctions and events. Brainstormed new ideas and projects with – more... coworkers for various fundraisers.
I learned that a lot of planning and marketing goes into nonprofit organizations. Management and co-worker were very helpful and motivated to help raise money for the cause. The hardest part was trying to get more volunteers; it was more time consuming than what I expected. I enjoyed going to the events and auctions helping raise money for the cause. – less
Wonderful place to start off a cateer!
Walk Temp Specialist (Former Employee), Westerville, OhioSeptember 5, 2013
I loved the people that I worked with and the cause I worked to help. However, Non-Profit is not the right job place for me at the moment. Eventually I would like to return to work for the March of Dimes but that is in the very distant future!
Working for the March of Dimes was very rewarding .
Division Manager (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJuly 22, 2013
Pros: having a job that you knew was doing good for someone.
Cons: working the long hours without extra pay.
Each day while working for them I was able to meet new people and was able to learn so much about the great things that the March of Dimes does for babies. Management was always there to help with anything that you would need. The co-workers were very pleasant as well as all the volunteers. The hardest part of the job would have been meeting the donation – more... goals that were set but trying to reach those goals were the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Not So Good
Operations (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 26, 2012
Pros: flexibility, good mission.
Cons: co-workers, management.
I really loved my job until a year ago when management changed on both a regional and local level. I learned so much, and thought I would always work at MOD. Unfortunately, new co-workers changed the entire atmosphere for the worse and upper management did nothing to investigate to improve the situation. The hardest part of my job had little to do with – more... my daily tasks but everything to do with dealing with co-workers. I am sure some chapters/locations have a great working environment but not my chapter. I enjoyed the work that I did so it was unfortunate the new co-workers ruined my experience completely. – less
Inspirational
Donor Acquisition Marketing (Former Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 12, 2012
March of Dimes was an inspiring place to work. Coming to work every day with a mission of "Saving Babies" was engergizing
supportive people, overall great place to work.
o smoking grant coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore MDOctober 16, 2012
I learned how to ask for help when needed. Coworkers were always ready to lend a hand when needed.
Director was friendly and created a family feel for the employees in the office.
ALways open to new ideas.
Fun & Creative company that wants you to have a life outside of your job
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Traverese City, MISeptember 26, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules, great benefits and vacation time
Cons: cold calling
I really enjoyed working for this non profit. The events we organized were fun and creative, the office scheduling is family friendly, and the company offers room to grow/re-locate.