March of Dimes draws on 60 years of experience serving people with physical disabilities of all ages. We are the largest community-based rehabilitation and advocacy organization for people with physical disabilities in Ontario. The organization operates programs and services through over 90 sites, has control over three subsidiary non-profits and delivers government funded and donor funded services to over 40,000 consumers annually across the province and across Canada.
Location: This position is home-based and the successful applicant would have to reside in one of three locations: Newfoundland, Northern New Brunswick or Northern Quebec.
Position: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist - Assessment & Planning
- Accept referral and review the client plan/documentation as provided by the referral source
- Provide services to adults who have disabilities and are challenged by employment barriers.
- Assist individuals with disabilities to identify realistic employment options through vocational testing, assessment and exploration
- Conduct transferable skills analysis and labour market research
- Provide job placement services including job development, coordination of on the job supports, job site analysis and job accommodation
- Provide employment and motivational counseling
- Case manage services to ensure timely and cost effective service delivery
- Complete required service reports
- Achieve quality service standards for client satisfaction, timely delivery of service and employment outcomes
- Bachelors Degree and Registered Rehabilitation Professional certification (RRP) or equivalent; relevant experience will also be considered
- Minimum of three years experience working in Vocational Rehabilitation with people with disabilities
- Extensive knowledge of private sector and labor market trends
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that people with disabilities experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, sales and customer service skills
- Well developed time management, organization and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe software
- Ability to document, maintain records and assist in reports
- Bilingualism is mandatory
Applications accepted until (mm/dd/yy): Novebember 30, 2012
Send application and resume to:
Name: Ms. Leeann Tremblay Position: National Employment Services Manager – Eastern Canada
Carmen Lefort Position: Team Lead, CanVet - Atlantic Canada
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, Ontario March of Dimes encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities.
About the March of Dimes: The March of Dimes is a national voluntary health agency whose mission to improve the health of babies by...