March of Dimes is a community-based rehabilitation and advocacy charity for people with physical disabilities.Our goal is to enhance the independence and community participation of people with physical disabilities every day through a wide range of programs and services across the country.
Employment Support Worker - On-call, Casual Position
Location: Greater Toronto Area (with possible travel outside of GTA)
The Employment Support Worker works as part of the Vocational Rehabilitation Team to provide a variety of employment supports to consumers in work trials and employment, including but not limited to:
- Receiving/reviewing consumer files, employment plan, description of workplace, and progress reports
- Providing support on site in workplace environments, job and job site analysis
- Complete assigned tasks to identify need for workplace supports, possible support solutions and the service plan
- Implementing service solutions to meet client needs, including on site coaching at place of employment as assigned
- Documenting workplace activities objectively
- Assist employer to implement natural supports and to assume ongoing supervision and training of the consumer
- Employer relations – receive employer feedback regarding consumer’s performance and OMOD services
- Identify potential employment programs/services and assist with needs analysis and/or surveys as requested
- One year experience in vocational rehabilitation work with persons who have disabilities
- Current College student or grad of Social Services program
- Experience teaching and coaching adults an asset
- Valid Ontario driver's license
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills, basic computer skills
- Sensitivity to needs of employers, referral sources
Salary Range: $16.84/hour
Applications accepted until: March 31, 2013
Send application to:
Tim McCrimmon, Office Administrator
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, Ontario March of Dimes encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities.
About the March of Dimes: The March of Dimes is a national voluntary health agency whose mission to improve the health of babies by...