Ontario March of Dimes (OMOD) draws on 60 years of experience to serve people with physical disabilities of all ages and created March of Dimes Canada (MODC) in 2001 to share its knowledge and expertise across the country. We are the largest community-based rehabilitation and advocacy organization for people with physical disabilities in the province. The organization operates programs and services through over 80 sites in Ontario, has control over three subsidiary non-profits, delivers government funded and donor funded services to over 40,000 consumers annually across the province and across Canada.
Location: IL North East Acquired Brain Injury Program – North Bay
Position: ABI Rehabilitation Worker – Permanent Part-time Position / 15-20 hrs per week.
- Reporting responsibilities (incident reports, behavioural data collection and verbal reports)
- Participate in any required training
- Follow policies and procedures as required
- Provide one to one support and group support within the home and community to adults with an Acquired Brain Injury with activities of daily living, personal care, and rehabilitation planning.
- Communicate with consumer, family, and team members.
- To provide services on a flexible basis including evenings and weekends.
- Post Secondary preferred in Human and Social Services
- Minimum of three years experience in Human Services field and/or working with people with ABI.
- Current CPI and CPR, First Aid an asset
- Proven consistency in work performance, including reliability and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Sound behavioural management skills, cognitive problem solving skills.
- Proven team work abilities
- Working knowledge of ABI and rehabilitation
- Ability to effectively deal with behavioural situations
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
Salary Range: Based on Knowledge and Experience
Applications accepted until: July 20, 2012 @ 4:00 p.m.
Send application and resume to:
Name: Meghan Smith
Position: Community Support Supervisor
Address : 405-96 Larch Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 1C1
Telephone: 705-671-3188 ext 233
"As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, Ontario March of Dimes encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities."