March of Dimes draws on 60 years of experience serving people with physical disabilities of all ages. We are the largest community-based rehabilitation and advocacy organization for people with physical disabilities in Ontario. The organization operates programs and services through over 90 sites, has control over three subsidiary non-profits and delivers government funded and donor funded services to over 40,000 consumers annually across the province and across Canada.
Location: IL ABI Outreach – Sault Ste Marie
Position: ABI Rehabilitation Worker – One Full Time 14 month contract (35 hours/week)
- Reporting responsibilities (incident reports, behavioural data collection and verbal reports)
- Participate in any required training
- Follow policies and procedures as required
- Provide one to one support and group support within the home and community to adults with an Acquired Brain Injury with activities of daily living, personal care, and rehabilitation planning.
- Communicate with consumer, family, and team members.
- To provide services on a flexible basis including possible evenings and weekends.
- Post Secondary preferred in Human and Social Services
- Minimum of three years experience in Human Services field and/or working with people with ABI.
- Current CPI and CPR, First Aid an asset
- Proven consistency in work performance, including reliability and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Sound behavioural management skills, cognitive problem solving skills.
- Proven team work abilities
- Working knowledge of ABI and rehabilitation
- Ability to effectively deal with behavioural situations
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
Salary Range: Based on Knowledge and Experience
Applications accepted until (mm/dd/yy): January 23, 2013
Send application and resume to:
Name: Angela M. Burton Position: IL ABI - Administrative Assistant
Address: 405-96 Larch Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 1C1
Telephone: 705-671-3188 ext. 234 Fax: 705-671-6240
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, Ontario March of Dimes encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities.
About the March of Dimes: The March of Dimes is a national voluntary health agency whose mission to improve the health of babies by...