MARCH OF DIMES CANADA Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good people, not enough staff for work needed
Executive Assistant, Finance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Office hours - 9:00 to 4:30
Cons: Often work way beyond those hours
Great staff. good work environment. Not enough staff to complete work though. Pay is much lower than any other not for profit organization I have worked for and the workload is substantially higher.
Fun Place to work
Social Service Attendant (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: flexibility, approachable staff, team work
Cons: shiftings, vacant hours
Still a newbie to the company.
So far so good.
Mileage and Time travel is paid. Open communication to your leaders. Coworkers are very open minded, helpful and always willing to help. They hold trainings and meeting for more improvements.

They accommodate your flexibility, they are very understanding of what are your capabilities and they take everything professionally and and with consideration.
Excellent employer. Management stands by their employees.
Service Support Attendant (Current Employee), Haldimand County, ONDecember 20, 2015
Pros: Employment in my home town, well paid with travel time and good mileage compensation. Conflict resolution process is excellent.
Cons: Lack of job security and lack of consumers.
I have worked here as a SSA for 6 years. Treated very well, am respected and feel like I count in the organization. Well paid, excellent conflict resolution system. I like the independence of my position knowing I have management support and backup. Staff management meetings are well run and coworkers always friendly and fun. I have done very well here. The hardest part of my job is the lack of job security. I have lost 4 consumers just this year which reduced my pay to half. I don't understand how there is so little work for us here in a large town where other agencies are swamped. The most enjoyable part is I feel that I am a valuable and well compensated employee for the service and heart I put into my work each day.
Excellent Employer
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: a lot of travel
MODC's main focus is to provide support services to people with physical disabilities. Staff are treated well, and benefits are great. Admin team is willing to work with staff to create schedules to balance home/work life.
An excellent team to be a part of; Great place to work
Support Services Attendant (Part Time) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Will rank low in seniority for a long period of time, lack of shifts available due to lack of seniority
A typical day for a Support Service Attendant at March of Dimes consists of following a booking schedule and attending appointments with March of Dimes' consumers. SSAs work with the consumers in their apartment with tasks such as housekeeping, meal preparation and planning, as well as assisting with personal care tasks such as showering and toileting. Those with strong time management skills would do especially well in this work place environment. However, moving up the ladder, working more shifts and gaining seniority may prove to be difficult, as some of the employees have been employed by March of Dimes for over 20 years and receive a majority of the available shifts.
not enough hours to work with.
support worker (Former Employee), Richmond HillJuly 5, 2015
one hour travel to client and one hour work, if you work 3 hours they will not shoulder any travel time. 3 hour is considered full time work for one client. its a waste of time.
Supportive Work enviroment
Job Coach (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
-Supportive Management
-Helpful co-workers
-Person Directed Planning
-Programs geared towards increasing ones quality of life

My time with March of Dimes has been positive, and productive.
Enlightening, helpful
Attendant (Current Employee), Shelburne, ONFebruary 18, 2015
working with the elderly and disabled, performing range of motions exercises daily.
Helping with meals and feeding to some individuals.
Showering and Dressing, toileting as well.
Data Entry
"Data Entry, Filling, " (Former Employee), Toronto, OntFebruary 18, 2015
It was fun./ the co-workers were awesome, the management was great. I loved the job.The job was easy for me.I imputed data in the computer.
Challenging and rewarding role
National Manager Employment Services - East Canada (Former Employee), Qu├ębec City, QCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: played a part in history
Cons: n/a
Learned much of the diverse operations of a Not-For-Profit and its intricate and sometimes complex systems.

The most rewarding part of the job is establishing those collaborative relationships which resulted in the changing and benefits to a or several person's lives.

The position allowed for my talent as a program manager with strong strategic planning to shine through. The results of these have become known on a national front.
Job was great
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee), ChathamSeptember 24, 2014
The duties and coworkers were amazing. The only difficulty I had with this job was that the hours were not congruent and it was hard to schedule things
Cashier
Community Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 19, 2014
I was a cashier throughout my school years. I learned excellent customer service skills dealing with the general public. My supervisors were wonderful and made the shifts go by fast.
good workplace and nice co-workers
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 14, 2014
good workplace and nice co-workers, I learned a a lot from them
great work enviroment
Student Placement PSW (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 31, 2014
i loved working here, it was such a happy place to be everyday
Work place Review
Service Support Attentdent (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches at meetings, friendly staff and very generous
Cons: not enough time with each client and rush around most days
Work was on a specific time schedule, everything needed to be done at certain time preferred by the consumer. This was a challenge at times, but not always.

I learned that communication overall is key, and not to take things personally as well is very important.

Co- workers were very friendly

Chatting with the consumers and being a team member was the most enjoyable part of my job
fun
" Data Entry, Filing, Made folders" (Former Employee), Toronto, OntApril 21, 2014
people are helpful, fun to work at. I really enjoyed myself.
Great Place to Work
Support Worker (Current Employee), HamiltonJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits, lots of hours available to work, good people to work with
Cons: sometimes driving in unpredictable weather
I currently work for the March of Dimes and would like to say
its a very rewarding job. The staff are wonderful, there is lots of training provided and the clients make it all worth the while.
The driving is sometimes troublesome with weather condidtions etc. however if you have a big heart and like to help others this
is a great place to work.
Fulfilling workplace with vast opportunities to care and love
Support Service Attendant (Current Employee), Burlington, OntarioNovember 29, 2013
Pros: the opportunity to give love and care
Cons: driving in unfavorable weather conditions
I wake up everyday full of energy to go out there and be blessing and source of hope to the sick and disabled souls. I help them achieve the needs of their activities of daily living in the comfort of the client's home.
We share responsibilities with a great team of workmates and supportive supervision.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to put a smile and a sense of hope to my clients. To bridge the gap and make them a meet their daily needs just like every normal person.
The hardest part is braving all kinds of weather conditions and traffic situations to try and get to my clients on time so not to disrupt their plans and daily goals.
Non-Profit providing education and service to development and physically challenged individuals
SITE MANAGER / COORDINATOR / INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 3, 2013
Pros: opportunity to serve / assist people in our communities
Cons: program funding can be challenging
Very busy workplace with diverse programs and activities offered to a wide cross-section of people across Canada.
March of Dimes
Garbage (Former Employee), Tornoto, and HamitonApril 24, 2013
Pros: the employees make good money, if you enjoy gossip; perfect place to get hired
Cons: employees are only in it for the paycheck, they dont care about anything else, or you as an individual
This place is a joke. They try to recuit unemployeed individuals anywhere a workplace will take them. They will send them to a dump because they get paid a large amount for doing so. They do not put into consideration what these individuals like or enjoy. It is all about the pay check. I've learned that the higher up people could careless about the people who walk into the office, some of them are so up-tight and discuss individuals a lower class or not as worthy as themselves. Companies, people looking for employment STAY AWAY!!! I am telling you, you will not enjoy your time with March of Dimes, or your work placement.