MARCH OF DIMES CANADA Employee Reviews

Helped me grow
Rehabilitation worker/Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 July 2017
This organization is very flexible. If you have a second job, you don't have to worry because they will balance your schedule with your other job. This job helped me be who I am today in the ABI field
All around a vary rewarding job!
Support Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Haldimand County, ON3 July 2017
I enjoy working in this field and for this company. I work with seniors and the disabled. As a home care worker this job provides a different work environment on a daily basis. I have built a healthy working relationship with my consumers that makes each one special. Caring for them has been a treat. Working with a multi-disciplinary team has been a positive experience for myself. My colleagues are more than helpful. The pay and benefits are just a perk.
Worst place to work.
Support service attendant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 May 2017
Niagara area, thorold staff
Worked in HUB
They treat you like garbage
coworkers constantly are trying to get you fired. You're overworked and underpaid. Put wear as tear on vehicles with minimal compensation.
If you get hurt at work, they will harass you and demand you do anything and everything they want whether reasonable or not.

The thorold staff are absolutely horrible.

They don't work with consumers and are rude

Your managers treat you poorly

Part time gets the bad shifts, most difficult consumers and least flexibility.
Pros
Great consumers, even difficult consumers warm up to you.
Cons
Treated like garbage, dumped first chance they get, overworked, mistreated, will harass you.
Worst home care experience
ssa (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 April 2017
I HATED working here w a passion. I was bounced from shift to shift....I was scheduled for shifts that conflicted with my other much higher paying job which I had to find my own replacement for....the training component was the WORST...usually several hours in the middle of day making it impossible for me to pick up shifts elsewhere that day. I simply wanted a supplemental job not an entire new way of life....I HATED working here
Pros
Cons
scheduling sucks...pay siucks...management sucks
It is a good place to work at
Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 April 2017
Great company with good compensation and benefits. It needs more structure and better job culture. I would recommend this workplace.
The hardest part of the job is disorganization of the office
Exceptional place of employment
PSW (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 March 2017
Working with MODC is an amazing experience. I absolutely love my job. Working with the staff and consumers has been very en lighting. I have always enjoyed working there and will remain to as well
Community Advocate and Resource for Person's with Disabilities to find paid employment
VRS - Employer Client Coordination (Current Employee) –  York, ON4 March 2017
Proud to be part of March of Dimes Canada, love my role and how we help this community. One of the most rewarding role I've had
personal care
S.S.A. + Home Support Exercise Program Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Jarvis, ON11 February 2017
help disabled preform their ADLs. Showers exercises. Anything self direct that they need assistance with. they have a in home exercise program allowing seniors to exercise but not have to worry about travelling.
Poor management and training in the Windsor office. Toxic work environment
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 September 2016
The Windsor, Ontario office--Left to manage and train yourself when working with extremely high profile clients and caseloads.
No management of co worker
poor training
High change over of management and remote management- from the London area
High turnover of workers
All the above leads to the clients not recieving consistent care
Highly disappointing, in the Windsor, Ontario office
March Of Dime Canada Toronto
SSA (Former Employee) –  Cooperage Toronto14 September 2016
March of Dime Canada is the worst place to work ,it is all gossiping and news carrying to management and management just sit gossip and eat free food that gossiper bring for him .they dont care about the poor consumers ,they hire people who just came in the country and are not qualified .they treat some workers like garbage because they are not gossiping.
Pros
Consumers are great
Cons
management need to stop gossiping and treat workers with respect.
Its a sad place
ABI Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  York Region12 August 2016
Management does not care about consumers or the staff. It was unfortunate to see and experience it first hand. Turn over of staff is unprecedented, but middle management still does not care to explore why - consumers are definitely affected by this.
Workers are pushed to do more that they are qualified to do, sometimes more, sometimes less. Misleading title - I can say there was nothing rehabilitative about this place.
Best part of the job is hanging out with the clients, worst part is understanding how bad the service is, politics and pay (great benefits though).
Team work is great if you click with the coworkers and work exceptionally hard.
Expecting to be appreciated for your work is a waste of time. If you are passionate about helping people, this is not where you should be.
Pros
Awesome consumers
Cons
Everything outlined in the review
Ssa
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 August 2016
Very poor management. Scheduling is poor. Co-workers are not too friendly. If they don't like you they just gonna dump you without any reason. On call phone is not always available. Newbies are not treated very well and will be schedule for difficult consumers.
fun non profit organization
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
good place
hectic hours sometimes
month end closing would take time
friendly staff
good atmosphere
monthly birthday parties
good place to work
Pros
mall nearby
Cons
early mornings
Rewarding work, challenging work culture
Coordinator of Education and Health Promotion (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
The work is meaningful and the employees are great. The culture fostered by upper management and the exiting system is quite challenging and leads to high turnover and employee disengagement.
Pros
Meaningful work, great people
Cons
Management lacks vision and support
Terrible place to work in St. Catharines location
SSA (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines15 June 2016
Very poor management. They treat you like cattle and as long as they have someone covering a shift they could care less how happy you are about it or if you are even able to do it. There was 0 work life balance. We were guilt tripped into taking shifts because management refused to hire more staff. If you get hired part time, you are forced to work overtime. There are no full time roles...those are given to select workers after years of working there. Being hired part time was a lie. If you get sick at work, you can forget about being able to go home sick. They wont let you and they get mad at you for it. One manager indirectly threatened me saying I wouldn't be able to become a superviser if I am the type that "gets sick". Overall this was a very degrading place to work. The workers and some supervisors were lovely but sadly have no control. The st.Cath location was a miserably run place. I did not choose to stay very long even though I loved my job very much.
Pros
Good workers and nice consumers
Cons
Forced to work more than promised, Guilt tripped for not being able to take shifts or being sick, Unqualified and miserable manager, As well as some supervisors.
Great company to work for
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON1 April 2016
good people to work with
very busy schedules
compared to other home care companies they are alot better
more hours
better benefits
pension plan
Cons
Good people, not enough staff for work needed
Executive Assistant, Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2016
Great staff. good work environment. Not enough staff to complete work though. Pay is much lower than any other not for profit organization I have worked for and the workload is substantially higher.
Pros
Office hours - 9:00 to 4:30
Cons
Often work way beyond those hours
Fun Place to work
Social Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 January 2016
Still a newbie to the company.
So far so good.
Mileage and Time travel is paid. Open communication to your leaders. Coworkers are very open minded, helpful and always willing to help. They hold trainings and meeting for more improvements.

They accommodate your flexibility, they are very understanding of what are your capabilities and they take everything professionally and and with consideration.
Pros
flexibility, approachable staff, team work
Cons
shiftings, vacant hours
Excellent employer. Management stands by their employees.
Service Support Attendant (Current Employee) –  Haldimand County, ON20 December 2015
I have worked here as a SSA for 6 years. Treated very well, am respected and feel like I count in the organization. Well paid, excellent conflict resolution system. I like the independence of my position knowing I have management support and backup. Staff management meetings are well run and coworkers always friendly and fun. I have done very well here. The hardest part of my job is the lack of job security. I have lost 4 consumers just this year which reduced my pay to half. I don't understand how there is so little work for us here in a large town where other agencies are swamped. The most enjoyable part is I feel that I am a valuable and well compensated employee for the service and heart I put into my work each day.
Pros
Employment in my home town, well paid with travel time and good mileage compensation. Conflict resolution process is excellent.
Cons
Lack of job security and lack of consumers.
Excellent Employer
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON7 August 2015
MODC's main focus is to provide support services to people with physical disabilities. Staff are treated well, and benefits are great. Admin team is willing to work with staff to create schedules to balance home/work life.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
a lot of travel