MARCH OF DIMES CANADA Employee Reviews

Everchanging...
Vocational Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 November 2017
My career with March of Dimes Canada provided me challenge, growth, satisfaction and stability. The most typical or routine portion of the work was dealing with individuals with the desire to improve their lives by accessing meaningful employment options. My colleagues were inspiring in their efforts to assist their clients and overcome any challenges. The hardest part of my position was encouraging patience in my clients as they became excited about their prospects. This was to allow clear and objective decisions to be made with them on the next step to achieve success.
Amazing place to work!
Community Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON26 October 2017
MODC is an amazing company to work for. The people are so amazing, and management I mean you couldn't ask for more flexible and dependable managers. I miss working there for sure!
Great experience for SSW students
Employment Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 August 2017
This is a great place to work if you like helping others to find suitable employment. Staff are all very easy to get along with and easy to talk to. Very comfortable environment and great people.
Fu and productive
Support Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 August 2017
I had fun working with this company. Its the best agency Ive worked with so far in this carreer. The management , staff are so understanding. They provided a very good training.
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 August 2017
Wonderful staff. Helpful and informative. Team players who care for the consumers. The shifts are of perfect length and management is always willing to listen and help.
Pros
Benefits/pension
Helped me grow
Rehabilitation worker/Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 July 2017
This organization is very flexible. If you have a second job, you don't have to worry because they will balance your schedule with your other job. This job helped me be who I am today in the ABI field
All around a vary rewarding job!
Support Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Haldimand County, ON3 July 2017
I enjoy working in this field and for this company. I work with seniors and the disabled. As a home care worker this job provides a different work environment on a daily basis. I have built a healthy working relationship with my consumers that makes each one special. Caring for them has been a treat. Working with a multi-disciplinary team has been a positive experience for myself. My colleagues are more than helpful. The pay and benefits are just a perk.
Great team!
SPECIAL EVENTS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
Despite low pay (it was a contract, student-level position), the team was very supportive and management was genuinely enthusiastic about your success!
Worst place to work.
Support service attendant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 May 2017
Niagara area, thorold staff
Worked in HUB
They treat you like garbage
coworkers constantly are trying to get you fired. You're overworked and underpaid. Put wear as tear on vehicles with minimal compensation.
If you get hurt at work, they will harass you and demand you do anything and everything they want whether reasonable or not.

The thorold staff are absolutely horrible.

They don't work with consumers and are rude

Your managers treat you poorly

Part time gets the bad shifts, most difficult consumers and least flexibility.
Pros
Great consumers, even difficult consumers warm up to you.
Cons
Treated like garbage, dumped first chance they get, overworked, mistreated, will harass you.
Worst home care experience
ssa (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 April 2017
I HATED working here w a passion. I was bounced from shift to shift....I was scheduled for shifts that conflicted with my other much higher paying job which I had to find my own replacement for....the training component was the WORST...usually several hours in the middle of day making it impossible for me to pick up shifts elsewhere that day. I simply wanted a supplemental job not an entire new way of life....I HATED working here
Pros
Cons
scheduling sucks...pay siucks...management sucks
It is a good place to work at
Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 April 2017
Great company with good compensation and benefits. It needs more structure and better job culture. I would recommend this workplace.
The hardest part of the job is disorganization of the office
Exceptional place of employment
PSW (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 March 2017
Working with MODC is an amazing experience. I absolutely love my job. Working with the staff and consumers has been very en lighting. I have always enjoyed working there and will remain to as well
Community Advocate and Resource for Person's with Disabilities to find paid employment
VRS - Employer Client Coordination (Current Employee) –  York, ON4 March 2017
Proud to be part of March of Dimes Canada, love my role and how we help this community. One of the most rewarding role I've had
personal care
S.S.A. + Home Support Exercise Program Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Jarvis, ON11 February 2017
help disabled preform their ADLs. Showers exercises. Anything self direct that they need assistance with. they have a in home exercise program allowing seniors to exercise but not have to worry about travelling.
Poor management and training in the Windsor office. Toxic work environment
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 September 2016
The Windsor, Ontario office--Left to manage and train yourself when working with extremely high profile clients and caseloads.
No management of co worker
poor training
High change over of management and remote management- from the London area
High turnover of workers
All the above leads to the clients not recieving consistent care
Highly disappointing, in the Windsor, Ontario office
March Of Dime Canada Toronto
SSA (Former Employee) –  Cooperage Toronto14 September 2016
March of Dime Canada is the worst place to work ,it is all gossiping and news carrying to management and management just sit gossip and eat free food that gossiper bring for him .they dont care about the poor consumers ,they hire people who just came in the country and are not qualified .they treat some workers like garbage because they are not gossiping.
Pros
Consumers are great
Cons
management need to stop gossiping and treat workers with respect.
Its a sad place
ABI Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  York Region12 August 2016
Management does not care about consumers or the staff. It was unfortunate to see and experience it first hand. Turn over of staff is unprecedented, but middle management still does not care to explore why - consumers are definitely affected by this.
Workers are pushed to do more that they are qualified to do, sometimes more, sometimes less. Misleading title - I can say there was nothing rehabilitative about this place.
Best part of the job is hanging out with the clients, worst part is understanding how bad the service is, politics and pay (great benefits though).
Team work is great if you click with the coworkers and work exceptionally hard.
Expecting to be appreciated for your work is a waste of time. If you are passionate about helping people, this is not where you should be.
Pros
Awesome consumers
Cons
Everything outlined in the review
Ssa
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 August 2016
Very poor management. Scheduling is poor. Co-workers are not too friendly. If they don't like you they just gonna dump you without any reason. On call phone is not always available. Newbies are not treated very well and will be schedule for difficult consumers.
fun non profit organization
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
good place
hectic hours sometimes
month end closing would take time
friendly staff
good atmosphere
monthly birthday parties
good place to work
Pros
mall nearby
Cons
early mornings
Rewarding work, challenging work culture
Coordinator of Education and Health Promotion (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
The work is meaningful and the employees are great. The culture fostered by upper management and the exiting system is quite challenging and leads to high turnover and employee disengagement.
Pros
Meaningful work, great people
Cons
Management lacks vision and support