MARCH OF DIMES CANADA Employee Reviews

Poor management and training in the Windsor office. Toxic work environment
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 September 2016
The Windsor, Ontario office--Left to manage and train yourself when working with extremely high profile clients and caseloads.
No management of co worker
poor training
High change over of management and remote management- from the London area
High turnover of workers
All the above leads to the clients not recieving consistent care
Highly disappointing, in the Windsor, Ontario office
March Of Dime Canada Toronto
SSA (Former Employee) –  Cooperage Toronto14 September 2016
March of Dime Canada is the worst place to work ,it is all gossiping and news carrying to management and management just sit gossip and eat free food that gossiper bring for him .they dont care about the poor consumers ,they hire people who just came in the country and are not qualified .they treat some workers like garbage because they are not gossiping.
Pros
Consumers are great
Cons
management need to stop gossiping and treat workers with respect.
Its a sad place
ABI Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  York Region12 August 2016
Management does not care about consumers or the staff. It was unfortunate to see and experience it first hand. Turn over of staff is unprecedented, but middle management still does not care to explore why - consumers are definitely affected by this.
Workers are pushed to do more that they are qualified to do, sometimes more, sometimes less. Misleading title - I can say there was nothing rehabilitative about this place.
Best part of the job is hanging out with the clients, worst part is understanding how bad the service is, politics and pay (great benefits though).
Team work is great if you click with the coworkers and work exceptionally hard.
Expecting to be appreciated for your work is a waste of time. If you are passionate about helping people, this is not where you should be.
Pros
Awesome consumers
Cons
Everything outlined in the review
Ssa
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 August 2016
Very poor management. Scheduling is poor. Co-workers are not too friendly. If they don't like you they just gonna dump you without any reason. On call phone is not always available. Newbies are not treated very well and will be schedule for difficult consumers.
Rewarding work, challenging work culture
Coordinator of Education and Health Promotion (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
The work is meaningful and the employees are great. The culture fostered by upper management and the exiting system is quite challenging and leads to high turnover and employee disengagement.
Pros
Meaningful work, great people
Cons
Management lacks vision and support
Terrible place to work in St. Catharines location
SSA (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines15 June 2016
Very poor management. They treat you like cattle and as long as they have someone covering a shift they could care less how happy you are about it or if you are even able to do it. There was 0 work life balance. We were guilt tripped into taking shifts because management refused to hire more staff. If you get hired part time, you are forced to work overtime. There are no full time roles...those are given to select workers after years of working there. Being hired part time was a lie. If you get sick at work, you can forget about being able to go home sick. They wont let you and they get mad at you for it. One manager indirectly threatened me saying I wouldn't be able to become a superviser if I am the type that "gets sick". Overall this was a very degrading place to work. The workers and some supervisors were lovely but sadly have no control. The st.Cath location was a miserably run place. I did not choose to stay very long even though I loved my job very much.
Pros
Good workers and nice consumers
Cons
Forced to work more than promised, Guilt tripped for not being able to take shifts or being sick, Unqualified and miserable manager, As well as some supervisors.
Great company to work for
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON1 April 2016
good people to work with
very busy schedules
compared to other home care companies they are alot better
more hours
better benefits
pension plan
Cons
Good people, not enough staff for work needed
Executive Assistant, Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2016
Great staff. good work environment. Not enough staff to complete work though. Pay is much lower than any other not for profit organization I have worked for and the workload is substantially higher.
Pros
Office hours - 9:00 to 4:30
Cons
Often work way beyond those hours
Fun Place to work
Social Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 January 2016
Still a newbie to the company.
So far so good.
Mileage and Time travel is paid. Open communication to your leaders. Coworkers are very open minded, helpful and always willing to help. They hold trainings and meeting for more improvements.

They accommodate your flexibility, they are very understanding of what are your capabilities and they take everything professionally and and with consideration.
Pros
flexibility, approachable staff, team work
Cons
shiftings, vacant hours
Excellent employer. Management stands by their employees.
Service Support Attendant (Current Employee) –  Haldimand County, ON20 December 2015
I have worked here as a SSA for 6 years. Treated very well, am respected and feel like I count in the organization. Well paid, excellent conflict resolution system. I like the independence of my position knowing I have management support and backup. Staff management meetings are well run and coworkers always friendly and fun. I have done very well here. The hardest part of my job is the lack of job security. I have lost 4 consumers just this year which reduced my pay to half. I don't understand how there is so little work for us here in a large town where other agencies are swamped. The most enjoyable part is I feel that I am a valuable and well compensated employee for the service and heart I put into my work each day.
Pros
Employment in my home town, well paid with travel time and good mileage compensation. Conflict resolution process is excellent.
Cons
Lack of job security and lack of consumers.
Excellent Employer
Support Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON7 August 2015
MODC's main focus is to provide support services to people with physical disabilities. Staff are treated well, and benefits are great. Admin team is willing to work with staff to create schedules to balance home/work life.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
a lot of travel
An excellent team to be a part of; Great place to work
Support Services Attendant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 July 2015
A typical day for a Support Service Attendant at March of Dimes consists of following a booking schedule and attending appointments with March of Dimes' consumers. SSAs work with the consumers in their apartment with tasks such as housekeeping, meal preparation and planning, as well as assisting with personal care tasks such as showering and toileting. Those with strong time management skills would do especially well in this work place environment. However, moving up the ladder, working more shifts and gaining seniority may prove to be difficult, as some of the employees have been employed by March of Dimes for over 20 years and receive a majority of the available shifts.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Will rank low in seniority for a long period of time, lack of shifts available due to lack of seniority
not enough hours to work with.
support worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill5 July 2015
one hour travel to client and one hour work, if you work 3 hours they will not shoulder any travel time. 3 hour is considered full time work for one client. its a waste of time.
Supportive Work enviroment
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2015
-Supportive Management
-Helpful co-workers
-Person Directed Planning
-Programs geared towards increasing ones quality of life

My time with March of Dimes has been positive, and productive.
Enlightening, helpful
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, ON18 February 2015
working with the elderly and disabled, performing range of motions exercises daily.
Helping with meals and feeding to some individuals.
Showering and Dressing, toileting as well.
Data Entry
"Data Entry, Filling, " (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont18 February 2015
It was fun./ the co-workers were awesome, the management was great. I loved the job.The job was easy for me.I imputed data in the computer.
Challenging and rewarding role
National Manager Employment Services - East Canada (Former Employee) –  Qu├ębec City, QC9 October 2014
Learned much of the diverse operations of a Not-For-Profit and its intricate and sometimes complex systems.

The most rewarding part of the job is establishing those collaborative relationships which resulted in the changing and benefits to a or several person's lives.

The position allowed for my talent as a program manager with strong strategic planning to shine through. The results of these have become known on a national front.
Pros
Played a part in history
Cons
N/A
Job was great
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham24 September 2014
The duties and coworkers were amazing. The only difficulty I had with this job was that the hours were not congruent and it was hard to schedule things
Cashier
Community Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 August 2014
I was a cashier throughout my school years. I learned excellent customer service skills dealing with the general public. My supervisors were wonderful and made the shifts go by fast.
good workplace and nice co-workers
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 August 2014
good workplace and nice co-workers, I learned a a lot from them

2.9