MARCH OF DIMES CANADA

MARCH OF DIMES CANADA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fulfilling workplace with vast opportunities to care and love
Support Service Attendant (Current Employee), Burlington, OntarioNovember 29, 2013
Pros: the opportunity to give love and care
Cons: driving in unfavorable weather conditions
I wake up everyday full of energy to go out there and be blessing and source of hope to the sick and disabled souls. I help them achieve the needs of their activities of daily living in the comfort of the client's home.
We share responsibilities with a great team of workmates and supportive supervision.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able – more... to put a smile and a sense of hope to my clients. To bridge the gap and make them a meet their daily needs just like every normal person.
The hardest part is braving all kinds of weather conditions and traffic situations to try and get to my clients on time so not to disrupt their plans and daily goals. – less
Non-Profit providing education and service to development and physically challenged individuals
SITE MANAGER / COORDINATOR / INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 3, 2013
Pros: opportunity to serve / assist people in our communities
Cons: program funding can be challenging
Very busy workplace with diverse programs and activities offered to a wide cross-section of people across Canada.
March of Dimes
Garbage (Former Employee), Tornoto, and HamitonApril 24, 2013
Pros: the employees make good money, if you enjoy gossip; perfect place to get hired
Cons: employees are only in it for the paycheck, they dont care about anything else, or you as an individual
This place is a joke. They try to recuit unemployeed individuals anywhere a workplace will take them. They will send them to a dump because they get paid a large amount for doing so. They do not put into consideration what these individuals like or enjoy. It is all about the pay check. I've learned that the higher up people could careless about the – more... people who walk into the office, some of them are so up-tight and discuss individuals a lower class or not as worthy as themselves. Companies, people looking for employment STAY AWAY!!! I am telling you, you will not enjoy your time with March of Dimes, or your work placement. – less
Employees are underappreciated
ABI Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: co-workers and consumers were awesome!
Cons: bureaucracy
- This organization has no respect or appreciation for it's employees. No matter what the situation, the consumer will ALWAYS come first, and the employee will ALWAYS come last.

- The title of "ABI Rehabilitation Worker" is unclear and misleading. The role involves a lot of assistance with cleaning and personal care, which takes away from time that – more... could be spent on programing. The nature of the job is more in line with that of a support worker or PSW title.

-Bureaucracy often gets in the way of rehabilitation efforts and because of this the consumer has limited access to programs or opportunities that could be beneficial to his or her rehabilitation. – less
Great place to learn and grow as a professional
Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 21, 2012
Pros: health and safety monitoring, incident reports and safety tours
Cons: some times there can be a lot of pressure in terms of paperwork
Great company and great people to work with. There is no hard part to the job except you have to be very organized and stay on top of your tasks. Co - workers are great and add excitement to work. The best part of the job is travelling.
The work is essential fun and fulfilling but too much bureacracy
Vocational Training Instructor (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 10, 2012
Pros: good, competitive pay, compensation for travel time, fuel reimbursement
Cons: too much bureacracy
I entered into this line of work as a means to earn a living wage while completing my Master's. For the most part, several of the managers are supportive and considerate of life-work balance but days can be very long and there is a lot of travel involved.