Marble Slab Creamery Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2014
I love working at Marble Slab Creamery specially doing morning shifts because then I get time to check what all needs to be made to get things going. Less customers during morning so I get ample time for doing production. Another thing I like is the freedom I get because that gives me more space to do what I want to do leading to giving more output. My boss/employer is really good at that. I really learned to work fast and to work without supervision. Sometimes its really stressful when there is so much to do but I have very less time as I dn't like the work to be piled up. But all in all its fun and best place to work at :)
Marble Slab Creamery
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2014
Working at the Marble Slab Creamer was a very rewarding experience. It helped imply customer service skills as well as time management. There was a great team effort to accomplish the task in hand.
Fast-paced and intensive work required
Supervisor & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 February 2014
While opening and closing the store, it is important to count the till to ensure all sales are done correctly at the beginning and end of every shift. I also had to train new employees; this includes how to effectively make sales, use the cash register, clean, and maintain store regulatory requirements.
cashier, ice cream server
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2014
working at marble slab showed and taught me a lot of things i would probably never be able to learn for example how ice cream is made it also helped with my costomer service.
Fun work environment which provided a flexible work schedule and opportunities to learn
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 January 2014
Marble Slab taught me to always be ready for anything; Every day holds something different.
A typical day could mean rolling fresh waffle cones, making fresh batches of ice cream (which go into pans, cakes, and litre tubs), decorating cakes, making back-up products, cleaning, and serving customers. At first many of these tasks include constantly checking recipe and instruction sheets.
As a manager who has been with the company for years I have knowledge and experience in all aspects of the company. This allows me to comfortably and confidently lead my team. The employees I manage are mainly high school and university students, so I strive to make it a fun, welcoming work environment while also ensuring corporate standards are met and customers are satisfied.
In the competitive ice cream market, with shops like Dairy Queen constantly adding new products to their menu, Marble Slab has had to create and change our products as well. This is what I find to be one of the most enjoyable parts of my job: learning and tweaking production techniques to ensure we are doing things in the most logical, timely way possible.
Pros
Getting to serve and interact with a variety of customers on a daily basis
Family Drama in the work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 January 2014
Made min wage here, and although I requested full time I would sometimes only work 6 hours a week.

The managers were a man and wife. We worked alone most of the time but the man made some uncomfortable conversation, and also allowed me to smoke out back while his wife told me not to. I confided in my co-worker and she told both of them causing a lot of problems at work. I felt very awkward and anxious at work and was worried they were going to fire me for no reason because there was conflict between the managers.
Pros
free icecream, great food
Cons
poor communication, bad hours
Productive and interesting work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton23 October 2013
A typical day at work would be me coming into the store and taking over from the other Supervisor, telling the scoopers what tasks need to be done. Provide the best customer service. This job was a breeze and everyone worked around your schedule, if there was ever an emergency, people would always be willing to come in and work for one another.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Long Hours in Summers
Fun, busy place to work winter and summer
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2013
Marble Slab was a great place to work while going through high school. It had flexible hours and you could work as many or as little hours as you needed to.

It was quite slow in the winter other than cakes and such but in the summer people cant get enough. I enjoyed working here and it was nice to be able to put smiles on everyone's faces.
Pros
free icecream every shift
Cons
you eat a lot of icecream
productive place, stressful with low benefits
Employee, Marble Slab Creamery (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 April 2013
- made ice cream
- franchise owner was harsh
- co-workers friendly
- nights were very busy
Fun Making ice cream
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB21 March 2013
Fun making ice cream and cakes
fun people to work with
got free ice cream
Pros
making ice cream
Cons
long days
Ice cream parlour with lower-end pay, part-time job for students mostly
Server (Current Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton, AB4 July 2012
As far as part-time jobs go, it isn't too bad. Working conditions are safe and clean, and there are tips in addition to paycheque. Would recommend an employer for students and anyone else just entering job market. Management are friendly and willing to work with your schedule.

On the other hand, you're on your feet most of the day, pay is low (at or below $10/hr) and it gets very busy sometimes.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
long shifts on feet, may not always get breaks
great place to work
Scooper, night-time supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC21 May 2012
ice cream supervisor
making cones selling ice cream
goo management, young employees
closing
ice cream
Pros
free ice cream with shift
Cons
superviser position
Fun place to work, very productive
Customber service (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 April 2012
A typical day at work would be helping customers, baking, cleaning, or whatever needed to be done that day.
Management and co-workers were very nice and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was making cakes.
The most enjoyable was helping the customers.
Fun work when you actually work with someone
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 March 2012
I really enjoyed working here, but only during the times when there was someone else there - when you're all alone during the winter (there is nothing to do) you really don't enjoy it.