Marble Slab Creamery

Marble Slab Creamery Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cheap
Baker/ Team Leader (Current Employee), McDonough, GAOctober 2, 2014
Cons: nothing there is free
The boss rips you off, a typical day is filled with customers
and i learned to say yes sir to the boss
wonderful place to work at
Costumer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 1, 2014
very positive environment and great costumers. a good job to start any working experience.
Over worked yet Under paid
Store -in-Charge (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJune 27, 2014
Before I join Marble Slab, I don't know how to make an ice cream. But after several days of training from some senior staff, I was able to easily adopt on the working environment and I can work without any assistance. It is fun working with my colleagues but I do not like the fact that they always put me on the Closing shift.
Great team work
Manager (Former Employee), Panama CityJune 26, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: long breakes
A very fun workplace to be in ,got to see lots of smile on customers faces .
Very busy
Manager (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: business closed
Open Store, run reports, prepare for trip to bank for deposit and currency, balance cash drawers, set up counter for the day, prepare cones and bowels give employee duties for the day. Close store set alarm.
How to manage and run an Ice Cream store
great to work with
Having to let someone go
The whole experience was great
fun and exciting work place
Assitant Manager/Training Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: free ice cream, meeting new people, becoming close friends with co-workers
Cons: low pay, no healthcare.
There was never a dull moment at work. I learned how to serve customers in a fast, efficient, and fun way, providing only the best product. I was always meeting new customers. I got along with the other employees there. They made my job more fun. The hardest part of this job was not being paid for the work I was doing. I was getting way lower than what – more... an assistant manager should be receiving but was doing the work of a manager. Our manager was not a typical manager, and I don't mean that in a good way. I was an assistant manager and did more for the store than the manager did. I wouldn't work there again because of management. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with not only co-workers but some of my best friends in life. Also, meeting new people every day and making sure they were given the best possible service and product. – less
It was ok
Combined Food Preparation and Serving Worker (Former Employee), Cypress, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: good flavors
Cons: $$$
The staff is never more than 3 people. The service is not that bad, most of the time its decent. They have a variety of flavors. As far as working there, it's not that bad. It's never that busy in the day, but on the weekends you can expect to stay busy. most of the time if you are not busy, you just clean to stay busy.
A fast paced and exciting work place full of diversity
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMay 14, 2014
Pros: free ice cream card every shift, great co-workers, fast paced
Cons: poor hours, lazy younger managers
A typical shift at the Marble Slab Creamery was about five hours long. In the average shift one might serve 50-75 people. In the summer time or a warm day during the fall tourist season the number of customers went up to anywhere between 100-200 per shift. In this work environment I really learned how to manage my time as economically as possible. If – more... I ever found myself with a free moment that meant there was always something to staighten up or restock.
The older and more experienced managers at Marble Slab were some of my favorite people to work with and I considered them friends as well as co-workers. The younger and newer managers were a bit lazy and did a poor job training new employees. I personally had to explain many things to my new co-workers. When a customer came in to complain about the condition of the creamery, they scapegoated a friend of mine and fired her instead of confronting the newer managers responsible for (not) training.
My co-workers and I got along very well. I was eager to help them in anyway that I could and that attitude was always reciprocated. The hardest part of this job was maintaining the store during the busiest hours. A three row line to the door had to be served in fifteen minutes while still having to keep the facility clean and stocked. By the end of my time there, I developed the skills to keep up with this workload and my co-workers were always by my side.
The best part of working here was serving the customers. Since the Marble Slab Creamery is located in the tourism epicenter of Asheville, I got to meet people from all over the country and around the world. I myself love to travel so it was a great opportunity to talk to people about where they are from and why they came to Asheville. – less
great people great atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), houstonMay 10, 2014
Pros: the meeting of allot of people
Cons: the pay
the staff is very nice and management is also very responsible. the service we gave was always the best. the ice cream is awesome and there is no other place like it.
Great First Job Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, South CarolinaMay 9, 2014
I would open the store, beginning with distributing the draws and making the deposit, assist customers, maintain clean environment, at the end of the day close the store and collect the deposit for the next day.
Very fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Mobile, ALApril 19, 2014
My work day consisted of helping customers, making desserts and eats for the public. Also daily performed cleaning.
Fun summer job
LINE OPERATOR / CASHIER (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 25, 2014
This was a fun summer job experience. Great co-workers and management. The ice cream is great quality.
great part time job
Kiawah, SC-Assistant Manager (Former Employee), kiawah islandFebruary 24, 2014
fun work environment, fast pace, stress free, easy work tasks, great for second job
Productive and fun job
Cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2013
A typical day at Marble Slab Creamery would be serving and satisfying our customers. I've learned to manage my time, and how to communicate with my co-workers and with the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers happy and seeing them leave with a smile on their face,
Fun upbeat job!
Assistant manager (Former Employee), San AntonioNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: advancement
Making ice cream, and working with customers and employees. Definitely a fun job.
I enjoyed my Job
Scooper (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: fun job, get to make customers happy, was given a lot of trust
Cons: hardly ever got paid on time, no chance for promotion or raise
I loved my work environment, the product and customers we served, and the Management were very nice people. However, I worked for this company for two years and hardly ever got paid on time. The five employees that worked there the entire time I was there remained at minimum wage and were never promoted even though each of us were entrusted to open/close – more... and run the store on our own much of the time. All of us were proficient enough at our jobs to manage the store and delivered great customer service. – less
Ice Cream and Fun
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 30, 2013
Pros: ice cream - happiness
Cons: labor management
A laid back company that is nothing but fun. Ability to work with the public in many different ways.
Fun place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2013
-Typical day would be making ice cream, scooping and portioning for catering orders, taking care of in house customers, and making sure the store is spotless.

-Learned a great deal of patience.

-Management was great, good boss and very easy to talk to and get alone with.

-Co-workers were great.

-Hardest part of the job was satisfying very picky – more... customers, the job was not a hard job other wise.

-Most enjoyable was working at the Catering events, socializing with the people that would attend. – less
Great fun job
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Anderson, SCSeptember 24, 2013
A typical day of work at Marble Slab Creamery was to scoop tons and tons of ice cream. This is a job where you learn to multitask and to be personable at the same time. Team was everything at marble slab because there was no way one person could run the whole store by oneself. The most enjoyable part of the job was people interaction.
Tedious, but good
Cashier (Former Employee), Cypress, TXAugust 18, 2013
Pros: managers/owners were great.
Cons: only part-time available.
It sometimes requires a lot of work, but the managers at the time (place got sold to someone else when I left) were good. Valued employees that worked hard and were good at their job and treated them with respect.