Marble Slab Creamery

Marble Slab Creamery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was ok
Combined Food Preparation and Serving Worker (Former Employee), Cypress, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: good flavors
Cons: $$$
The staff is never more than 3 people. The service is not that bad, most of the time its decent. They have a variety of flavors. As far as working there, it's not that bad. It's never that busy in the day, but on the weekends you can expect to stay busy. most of the time if you are not busy, you just clean to stay busy.
A fast paced and exciting work place full of diversity
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMay 14, 2014
Pros: free ice cream card every shift, great co-workers, fast paced
Cons: poor hours, lazy younger managers
A typical shift at the Marble Slab Creamery was about five hours long. In the average shift one might serve 50-75 people. In the summer time or a warm day during the fall tourist season the number of customers went up to anywhere between 100-200 per shift. In this work environment I really learned how to manage my time as economically as possible. If – more... I ever found myself with a free moment that meant there was always something to staighten up or restock.
The older and more experienced managers at Marble Slab were some of my favorite people to work with and I considered them friends as well as co-workers. The younger and newer managers were a bit lazy and did a poor job training new employees. I personally had to explain many things to my new co-workers. When a customer came in to complain about the condition of the creamery, they scapegoated a friend of mine and fired her instead of confronting the newer managers responsible for (not) training.
My co-workers and I got along very well. I was eager to help them in anyway that I could and that attitude was always reciprocated. The hardest part of this job was maintaining the store during the busiest hours. A three row line to the door had to be served in fifteen minutes while still having to keep the facility clean and stocked. By the end of my time there, I developed the skills to keep up with this workload and my co-workers were always by my side.
The best part of working here was serving the customers. Since the Marble Slab Creamery is located in the tourism epicenter of Asheville, I got to meet people from all over the country and around the world. I myself love to travel so it was a great opportunity to talk to people about where they are from and why they came to Asheville. – less
great people great atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), houstonMay 10, 2014
Pros: the meeting of allot of people
Cons: the pay
the staff is very nice and management is also very responsible. the service we gave was always the best. the ice cream is awesome and there is no other place like it.
Great First Job Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, South CarolinaMay 9, 2014
I would open the store, beginning with distributing the draws and making the deposit, assist customers, maintain clean environment, at the end of the day close the store and collect the deposit for the next day.
Very fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Mobile, ALApril 19, 2014
My work day consisted of helping customers, making desserts and eats for the public. Also daily performed cleaning.
Fun summer job
LINE OPERATOR / CASHIER (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 25, 2014
This was a fun summer job experience. Great co-workers and management. The ice cream is great quality.
great part time job
Kiawah, SC-Assistant Manager (Former Employee), kiawah islandFebruary 24, 2014
fun work environment, fast pace, stress free, easy work tasks, great for second job
Productive and fun job
Cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2013
A typical day at Marble Slab Creamery would be serving and satisfying our customers. I've learned to manage my time, and how to communicate with my co-workers and with the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers happy and seeing them leave with a smile on their face,
Fun upbeat job!
Assistant manager (Former Employee), San AntonioNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: advancement
Making ice cream, and working with customers and employees. Definitely a fun job.
I enjoyed my Job
Scooper (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: fun job, get to make customers happy, was given a lot of trust
Cons: hardly ever got paid on time, no chance for promotion or raise
I loved my work environment, the product and customers we served, and the Management were very nice people. However, I worked for this company for two years and hardly ever got paid on time. The five employees that worked there the entire time I was there remained at minimum wage and were never promoted even though each of us were entrusted to open/close – more... and run the store on our own much of the time. All of us were proficient enough at our jobs to manage the store and delivered great customer service. – less
Ice Cream and Fun
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 30, 2013
Pros: ice cream - happiness
Cons: labor management
A laid back company that is nothing but fun. Ability to work with the public in many different ways.
Fun place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2013
-Typical day would be making ice cream, scooping and portioning for catering orders, taking care of in house customers, and making sure the store is spotless.

-Learned a great deal of patience.

-Management was great, good boss and very easy to talk to and get alone with.

-Co-workers were great.

-Hardest part of the job was satisfying very picky – more... customers, the job was not a hard job other wise.

-Most enjoyable was working at the Catering events, socializing with the people that would attend. – less
Great fun job
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Anderson, SCSeptember 24, 2013
A typical day of work at Marble Slab Creamery was to scoop tons and tons of ice cream. This is a job where you learn to multitask and to be personable at the same time. Team was everything at marble slab because there was no way one person could run the whole store by oneself. The most enjoyable part of the job was people interaction.
Tedious, but good
Cashier (Former Employee), Cypress, TXAugust 18, 2013
Pros: managers/owners were great.
Cons: only part-time available.
It sometimes requires a lot of work, but the managers at the time (place got sold to someone else when I left) were good. Valued employees that worked hard and were good at their job and treated them with respect.
Relaxed work environment with a very friendly staff.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 22, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, flexible schedule
Cons: corrupt ownership/management
A typical day of work at Marble Slab includes preparing ice cream and mix-ins for customers, making sure the store remains clean and organized, and keeping the money in the registers and safe balanced. My co-workers are great people. I never mind going into work with them and they are, in fact, my favorite part of the job. The job doesn't really have – more... an aspect that is difficult. As long as everyone does their job accordingly, no matter how busy the store gets, everything and everyone gets taken care of and all of the customers leave satisfied. – less
Good first job.
Scooper (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2013
A typical day would be getting ice cream for customers and cleaning up spilled ice cream. I learned how to make ice cream but other than that nothing. You barley ever see the manager and your co-workers would come and leave barely stopping to say hi. The hardest part of the job was that I didn't have any fun with it. The most enjoyable part was handing – more... a child their ice cream and seeing their face lite up. – less
Long hours and schedule flexibility
Scooper (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJune 26, 2013
Though my job at Marble Slab Creamery was difficult due to a small staff, their ability to work with my school schedule was a plus.
Constantly learning and improving, great environment.
Manager (Former Employee), Portland, TXJune 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, great company
Cons: it gets sticky! :)
This was a fun job, I was sad to leave for school. Always an inviting environment. Very hands on job with a close knit pool of employees because its a small business. Owners are very invloved and real mentors.
First Job
Employee (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 20, 2013
Pros: good ice-cream, hands-on training with management due to few workers on the job at once
Cons: mall location varied busy times with slow hours
As my first job I was nervous and clueless, but as time passed experience followed. Marble slab was able to help me learn about public communications - what to say & what not to say, what I can do to help increase a customer's attitude towards purchasing an item from us. I also learned how to multi-task, able to hold a conversation with a customer while – more... helping out with their order. – less
Management lacked leadership
Server (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2013
Manager was unavailable to resolve staff issues and I found it very difficult to reach her