Marble Slab Creamery Employee Reviews in Canada

fun workplace
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hinton, ABJune 12, 2016
I enjoyed working here the people were very nice and welcoming. Everyone made it very easy to fit in and have a good time together.
Average job with below average circumstances
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2016
The management abuses the younger workers by not giving them breaks during 6+ hour shifts. The co-workers are hardworking people and the customers are usually pretty average. This is not the ideal job if you are a part-time worker as booking time off is a pain and you are ostracized in the workplace for not adhering to every last whim of the boss.
Pros
Fun co-workers, easy work, fun customer service
Cons
Long hours, bad management, can't book time off
Unsafe and Broken Equipment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2016
Most of the equipment we are given to use if either broken or nearly broken. The work setting is unsanitary as I have personally seen ants crawling around, and employees have no where to put there personal belongings but on the floor beside the freezers. Severely understaffed, employees would struggle to meet consumer demand.
Pros
Air Conditioned
Cons
Cheap Management and Bad Working Conditions
Fun exciting place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed coming into work and creating cakes and making cones and seeing the smiles on kids faces when they walked in to get ice cream. Great environment to work in and under awesome management.
Pros
Free ice cream, learnt how to make ice cream and cakes
Good atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMay 10, 2016
Fun co-workers and good supervisors and bosses. Flexible hours but not very good pay and the shifts were short with very few. Hard to make money
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Lively place to work, suitable hours and conditions. The managements is good but not the best. The co-workers were very pleasant and worked to the best of their abilities.
Great place to work with wonderful people.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2015
What can I say, I enjoy working here. Nice people and a fun environment with a great boss who genuinely wants to help people succeed in life.
Pros
Great boss, Relaxed environment
Cons
Super duper slow in the winter
productive work place with fast pace environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2015
Fast pace environment with many tasks, such as cleaning, making cones, cakes, ice cream sandwiches, ice cream, and cupcakes. Greeting customers with a positive and welcoming attitude, and serving customers to their desires. Although it is a struggle to get past rushes, but with patience, it goes by fast. Management is excellent and organized with schedules. I've learned to make ice cream and such, and I've learned a lot about customer service, and keeping the work area clean and organized. Co-workers and I will change shifts and cover for each other when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job is probably the ice cream.
Pros
experience, ice cream
Cons
Screaming children, kids not talking loud enough for us to understand what they want in their ice cream
Working with ice cream is awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2015
The work day doesn't feel long, because you are always have something to do. A lot of interesting tasks like making cones and dipping them into the chocolate or decorating ice cream cakes. Co-workers were nice, mostly students. The hard part is that some of the ice cream containers are heavy to lift and carry. The best thing i loved was the look in children's eyes when the got their ice cream. It feels great to make people happy.
Pros
1 free ice cream a day
Cons
huge line-ups at summer time
Very fun place to work at, was a great experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 21, 2015
Great place to work at during my university career. I really enjoyed the time I worked here, and the people I worked with. Owners were really nice people to work for. Always enjoyed seeing my regular customers
Productive and fun environment
shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 31, 2015
Productive and fun environment to work in which lead to excellent customer relations and service. Needed great people skills to be able to talk and serve customers to the best of your ability
Pros
good staff
Fun working enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OakvilleFebruary 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be setting up for the day, and making sure I have tasks ready for my scoopers. I would manage the till and make sure the balance was right. Working with other co-workers was a lot of fun. The people make the job position worth it. The hardest part of the job was handling dissatisfied or angry customers. We didn't get many, but it was tough to deal with the time came around. Summer hours were long and very busy. It's hard to control a team of 6-7+ people in a busy store. But it was my job, and I think I did it well.
Pros
great co-workers, fun work
Cons
a lot of multi tasking
Excellent
Full Time Day Employee (Former Employee) –  Ajax, OnSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoy working at Marble Slab Creamery, I learned a lot about product management as well as customer service. I learned about how much work needs to be done when you are working alone and not getting any other help.
Fun, Bright Welcoming place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 18, 2014
Make sure all employees are dressed in marble slab uniform. Asess all production machines for cleanliness and safty. Turn on machines for daily production, make cones, icecream, cakes etc
Maintain store appearance, provide safe and happy working environment for staff and ensure all customers have a great experiance.
Fun workplace, friendly environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONJuly 8, 2014
It is a great place to work.My job involves customer service as well as production tasks and making sure that the restaurant is neat and tidy. My co-workers are very friendly and fun, we work as a team to make sure that it is a fair game for everyone specially during the rush hours in summer. everyone tries their best not to leave any task for the other shift.Overall, i like this job.
Great place for a high school job
Scooper and Pre production (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 22, 2014
it was fun while I worked at marble slab. The owners were very nice and the costumers were great. Made some friends with the employees. only thing was that a lot of the shifts would get ditched by other staff and I would end up taking them. Shifts weren't really worth it because they would only schedule 3-4 hour shifts at a time.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
I love working at Marble Slab Creamery specially doing morning shifts because then I get time to check what all needs to be made to get things going. Less customers during morning so I get ample time for doing production. Another thing I like is the freedom I get because that gives me more space to do what I want to do leading to giving more output. My boss/employer is really good at that. I really learned to work fast and to work without supervision. Sometimes its really stressful when there is so much to do but I have very less time as I dn't like the work to be piled up. But all in all its fun and best place to work at :)
Marble Slab Creamery
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
Working at the Marble Slab Creamer was a very rewarding experience. It helped imply customer service skills as well as time management. There was a great team effort to accomplish the task in hand.
Fast-paced and intensive work required
Supervisor & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 20, 2014
While opening and closing the store, it is important to count the till to ensure all sales are done correctly at the beginning and end of every shift. I also had to train new employees; this includes how to effectively make sales, use the cash register, clean, and maintain store regulatory requirements.
cashier, ice cream server
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2014
working at marble slab showed and taught me a lot of things i would probably never be able to learn for example how ice cream is made it also helped with my costomer service.

Marble Slab Creamery Reviews by Location