Marble Slab Creamery

Marble Slab Creamery Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place for a high school job
Scooper and Pre production (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: short hours
it was fun while I worked at marble slab. The owners were very nice and the costumers were great. Made some friends with the employees. only thing was that a lot of the shifts would get ditched by other staff and I would end up taking them. Shifts weren't really worth it because they would only schedule 3-4 hour shifts at a time.
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
I love working at Marble Slab Creamery specially doing morning shifts because then I get time to check what all needs to be made to get things going. Less customers during morning so I get ample time for doing production. Another thing I like is the freedom I get because that gives me more space to do what I want to do leading to giving more output. – more... My boss/employer is really good at that. I really learned to work fast and to work without supervision. Sometimes its really stressful when there is so much to do but I have very less time as I dn't like the work to be piled up. But all in all its fun and best place to work at :) – less
Marble Slab Creamery
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
Working at the Marble Slab Creamer was a very rewarding experience. It helped imply customer service skills as well as time management. There was a great team effort to accomplish the task in hand.
Fast-paced and intensive work required
Supervisor & Key Holder (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 20, 2014
While opening and closing the store, it is important to count the till to ensure all sales are done correctly at the beginning and end of every shift. I also had to train new employees; this includes how to effectively make sales, use the cash register, clean, and maintain store regulatory requirements.
cashier, ice cream server
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2014
working at marble slab showed and taught me a lot of things i would probably never be able to learn for example how ice cream is made it also helped with my costomer service.
Fun work environment which provided a flexible work schedule and opportunities to learn
General Manager (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: getting to serve and interact with a variety of customers on a daily basis
Marble Slab taught me to always be ready for anything; Every day holds something different.
A typical day could mean rolling fresh waffle cones, making fresh batches of ice cream (which go into pans, cakes, and litre tubs), decorating cakes, making back-up products, cleaning, and serving customers. At first many of these tasks include constantly checking – more... recipe and instruction sheets.
As a manager who has been with the company for years I have knowledge and experience in all aspects of the company. This allows me to comfortably and confidently lead my team. The employees I manage are mainly high school and university students, so I strive to make it a fun, welcoming work environment while also ensuring corporate standards are met and customers are satisfied.
In the competitive ice cream market, with shops like Dairy Queen constantly adding new products to their menu, Marble Slab has had to create and change our products as well. This is what I find to be one of the most enjoyable parts of my job: learning and tweaking production techniques to ensure we are doing things in the most logical, timely way possible. – less
Family Drama in the work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free icecream, great food
Cons: poor communication, bad hours
Made min wage here, and although I requested full time I would sometimes only work 6 hours a week.

The managers were a man and wife. We worked alone most of the time but the man made some uncomfortable conversation, and also allowed me to smoke out back while his wife told me not to. I confided in my co-worker and she told both of them causing a lot – more... of problems at work. I felt very awkward and anxious at work and was worried they were going to fire me for no reason because there was conflict between the managers. – less
Productive and interesting work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), MiltonOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: long hours in summers
A typical day at work would be me coming into the store and taking over from the other Supervisor, telling the scoopers what tasks need to be done. Provide the best customer service. This job was a breeze and everyone worked around your schedule, if there was ever an emergency, people would always be willing to come in and work for one another.
Fun, busy place to work winter and summer
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: free icecream every shift
Cons: you eat a lot of icecream
Marble Slab was a great place to work while going through high school. It had flexible hours and you could work as many or as little hours as you needed to.

It was quite slow in the winter other than cakes and such but in the summer people cant get enough. I enjoyed working here and it was nice to be able to put smiles on everyone's faces.
productive place, stressful with low benefits
Employee, Marble Slab Creamery (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 4, 2013
- made ice cream
- franchise owner was harsh
- co-workers friendly
- nights were very busy
Fun Making ice cream
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABMarch 21, 2013
Pros: making ice cream
Cons: long days
Fun making ice cream and cakes
fun people to work with
got free ice cream
Ice cream parlour with lower-end pay, part-time job for students mostly
Server (Current Employee), West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2012
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: long shifts on feet, may not always get breaks
As far as part-time jobs go, it isn't too bad. Working conditions are safe and clean, and there are tips in addition to paycheque. Would recommend an employer for students and anyone else just entering job market. Management are friendly and willing to work with your schedule.

On the other hand, you're on your feet most of the day, pay is low (at or – more... below $10/hr) and it gets very busy sometimes. – less
great place to work
Scooper, night-time supervisor (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCMay 21, 2012
Pros: free ice cream with shift
Cons: superviser position
ice cream supervisor
making cones selling ice cream
goo management, young employees
closing
ice cream
Fun place to work, very productive
Customber service (Former Employee), London, ONApril 24, 2012
A typical day at work would be helping customers, baking, cleaning, or whatever needed to be done that day.
Management and co-workers were very nice and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was making cakes.
The most enjoyable was helping the customers.
Over worked yet Under paid
Store -in-Charge (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJune 27, 2014
Before I join Marble Slab, I don't know how to make an ice cream. But after several days of training from some senior staff, I was able to easily adopt on the working environment and I can work without any assistance. It is fun working with my colleagues but I do not like the fact that they always put me on the Closing shift.
Great team work
Manager (Former Employee), Panama CityJune 26, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: long breakes
A very fun workplace to be in ,got to see lots of smile on customers faces .
Very busy
Manager (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: business closed
Open Store, run reports, prepare for trip to bank for deposit and currency, balance cash drawers, set up counter for the day, prepare cones and bowels give employee duties for the day. Close store set alarm.
How to manage and run an Ice Cream store
great to work with
Having to let someone go
The whole experience was great
fun and exciting work place
Assitant Manager/Training Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: free ice cream, meeting new people, becoming close friends with co-workers
Cons: low pay, no healthcare.
There was never a dull moment at work. I learned how to serve customers in a fast, efficient, and fun way, providing only the best product. I was always meeting new customers. I got along with the other employees there. They made my job more fun. The hardest part of this job was not being paid for the work I was doing. I was getting way lower than what – more... an assistant manager should be receiving but was doing the work of a manager. Our manager was not a typical manager, and I don't mean that in a good way. I was an assistant manager and did more for the store than the manager did. I wouldn't work there again because of management. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with not only co-workers but some of my best friends in life. Also, meeting new people every day and making sure they were given the best possible service and product. – less
It was ok
Combined Food Preparation and Serving Worker (Former Employee), Cypress, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: good flavors
Cons: $$$
The staff is never more than 3 people. The service is not that bad, most of the time its decent. They have a variety of flavors. As far as working there, it's not that bad. It's never that busy in the day, but on the weekends you can expect to stay busy. most of the time if you are not busy, you just clean to stay busy.
A fast paced and exciting work place full of diversity
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMay 14, 2014
Pros: free ice cream card every shift, great co-workers, fast paced
Cons: poor hours, lazy younger managers
A typical shift at the Marble Slab Creamery was about five hours long. In the average shift one might serve 50-75 people. In the summer time or a warm day during the fall tourist season the number of customers went up to anywhere between 100-200 per shift. In this work environment I really learned how to manage my time as economically as possible. If – more... I ever found myself with a free moment that meant there was always something to staighten up or restock.
The older and more experienced managers at Marble Slab were some of my favorite people to work with and I considered them friends as well as co-workers. The younger and newer managers were a bit lazy and did a poor job training new employees. I personally had to explain many things to my new co-workers. When a customer came in to complain about the condition of the creamery, they scapegoated a friend of mine and fired her instead of confronting the newer managers responsible for (not) training.
My co-workers and I got along very well. I was eager to help them in anyway that I could and that attitude was always reciprocated. The hardest part of this job was maintaining the store during the busiest hours. A three row line to the door had to be served in fifteen minutes while still having to keep the facility clean and stocked. By the end of my time there, I developed the skills to keep up with this workload and my co-workers were always by my side.
The best part of working here was serving the customers. Since the Marble Slab Creamery is located in the tourism epicenter of Asheville, I got to meet people from all over the country and around the world. I myself love to travel so it was a great opportunity to talk to people about where they are from and why they came to Asheville. – less

1 2 3 4