Marble Slab Creamery Employee Reviews

Actually flexible hours, Great Co-workers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
First off, I worked at an extremely busy location during Summer/Christmas time.

The managers and owners are flexible with your scheduling as long as you had valid reasons for never being able to work certain days or times, they always accommodated my schedule requests during my school year and even during summer again, as long as you requested time in advance.

The hours are solid with an average of 15~20 hours a week depending on your desire.

The salary is bare bones minimum wage but includes tips.

The work does get monotonous and boring, but that is remedied by your coworkers.

Overall I would recommend this place to someone looking for their first job or has a strange work schedule.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
Hectic days, occasional upset customers
Good staff, safe workplace, and proper hours
CLERK (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON7 November 2016
Taking care of customers, duties, and closing.

I learned how to work efficiently and safely.

The management was nice and made it feel like a safe environment for a new worker.

Closing properly was the hardest part of the game.

A friendly staff.
Not the best
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 December 2016
Marble Slab Creamery could be an awesome place to work at but it just isnt. Bad administration, not enough employees during the summer (busiest time of the year) and nothing to do during the cold months.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
boring
Average job with below average circumstances
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2016
The management abuses the younger workers by not giving them breaks during 6+ hour shifts. The co-workers are hardworking people and the customers are usually pretty average. This is not the ideal job if you are a part-time worker as booking time off is a pain and you are ostracized in the workplace for not adhering to every last whim of the boss.
Pros
Fun co-workers, easy work, fun customer service
Cons
Long hours, bad management, can't book time off
fun and easy going workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 November 2016
Everyone is pretty nice and easy to get along with. Balacing work and school was easy and i didn't have a hard time. I overall enjoy working here and would encourage others to apply here.
Unsafe and Broken Equipment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2016
Most of the equipment we are given to use if either broken or nearly broken. The work setting is unsanitary as I have personally seen ants crawling around, and employees have no where to put there personal belongings but on the floor beside the freezers. Severely understaffed, employees would struggle to meet consumer demand.
Pros
Air Conditioned
Cons
Cheap Management and Bad Working Conditions
super fun workplace
Team member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
it was an enjoyable experience/work environment. long breaks which was a plus. this job gave me lots of experience with customer service
Fun exciting place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
I enjoyed coming into work and creating cakes and making cones and seeing the smiles on kids faces when they walked in to get ice cream. Great environment to work in and under awesome management.
Pros
Free ice cream, learnt how to make ice cream and cakes
Lots of fun
Scooper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2016
Had lots of fun working there. Great supervisors and co-workers, managers were a little annoying tho. 20 words later. Not 20 words yet? Dang.
fun workplace
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB12 June 2016
I enjoyed working here the people were very nice and welcoming. Everyone made it very easy to fit in and have a good time together.
Good atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB10 May 2016
Fun co-workers and good supervisors and bosses. Flexible hours but not very good pay and the shifts were short with very few. Hard to make money
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 February 2016
Lively place to work, suitable hours and conditions. The managements is good but not the best. The co-workers were very pleasant and worked to the best of their abilities.
productive work place with fast pace environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2015
Fast pace environment with many tasks, such as cleaning, making cones, cakes, ice cream sandwiches, ice cream, and cupcakes. Greeting customers with a positive and welcoming attitude, and serving customers to their desires. Although it is a struggle to get past rushes, but with patience, it goes by fast. Management is excellent and organized with schedules. I've learned to make ice cream and such, and I've learned a lot about customer service, and keeping the work area clean and organized. Co-workers and I will change shifts and cover for each other when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job is probably the ice cream.
Pros
experience, ice cream
Cons
Screaming children, kids not talking loud enough for us to understand what they want in their ice cream
Working with ice cream is awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2015
The work day doesn't feel long, because you are always have something to do. A lot of interesting tasks like making cones and dipping them into the chocolate or decorating ice cream cakes. Co-workers were nice, mostly students. The hard part is that some of the ice cream containers are heavy to lift and carry. The best thing i loved was the look in children's eyes when the got their ice cream. It feels great to make people happy.
Pros
1 free ice cream a day
Cons
huge line-ups at summer time
Great place to work with wonderful people.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2015
What can I say, I enjoy working here. Nice people and a fun environment with a great boss who genuinely wants to help people succeed in life.
Pros
Great boss, Relaxed environment
Cons
Super duper slow in the winter
Fun working enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville8 February 2015
A typical day at work would be setting up for the day, and making sure I have tasks ready for my scoopers. I would manage the till and make sure the balance was right. Working with other co-workers was a lot of fun. The people make the job position worth it. The hardest part of the job was handling dissatisfied or angry customers. We didn't get many, but it was tough to deal with the time came around. Summer hours were long and very busy. It's hard to control a team of 6-7+ people in a busy store. But it was my job, and I think I did it well.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun work
Cons
A lot of multi tasking
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2014
I love working at Marble Slab Creamery specially doing morning shifts because then I get time to check what all needs to be made to get things going. Less customers during morning so I get ample time for doing production. Another thing I like is the freedom I get because that gives me more space to do what I want to do leading to giving more output. My boss/employer is really good at that. I really learned to work fast and to work without supervision. Sometimes its really stressful when there is so much to do but I have very less time as I dn't like the work to be piled up. But all in all its fun and best place to work at :)
Family Drama in the work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 January 2014
Made min wage here, and although I requested full time I would sometimes only work 6 hours a week.

The managers were a man and wife. We worked alone most of the time but the man made some uncomfortable conversation, and also allowed me to smoke out back while his wife told me not to. I confided in my co-worker and she told both of them causing a lot of problems at work. I felt very awkward and anxious at work and was worried they were going to fire me for no reason because there was conflict between the managers.
Pros
free icecream, great food
Cons
poor communication, bad hours
Ice cream parlour with lower-end pay, part-time job for students mostly
Server (Current Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton, AB4 July 2012
As far as part-time jobs go, it isn't too bad. Working conditions are safe and clean, and there are tips in addition to paycheque. Would recommend an employer for students and anyone else just entering job market. Management are friendly and willing to work with your schedule.

On the other hand, you're on your feet most of the day, pay is low (at or below $10/hr) and it gets very busy sometimes.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
long shifts on feet, may not always get breaks
Fun workplace, friendly environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 July 2014
It is a great place to work.My job involves customer service as well as production tasks and making sure that the restaurant is neat and tidy. My co-workers are very friendly and fun, we work as a team to make sure that it is a fair game for everyone specially during the rush hours in summer. everyone tries their best not to leave any task for the other shift.Overall, i like this job.

Marble Slab Creamery Reviews by Location