Marble Slab Creamery Employee Reviews in Canada

Good atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMay 10, 2016
Fun co-workers and good supervisors and bosses. Flexible hours but not very good pay and the shifts were short with very few. Hard to make money
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Lively place to work, suitable hours and conditions. The managements is good but not the best. The co-workers were very pleasant and worked to the best of their abilities.
Great place to work with wonderful people.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2015
What can I say, I enjoy working here. Nice people and a fun environment with a great boss who genuinely wants to help people succeed in life.
Pros
Great boss, Relaxed environment
Cons
Super duper slow in the winter
productive work place with fast pace environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2015
Fast pace environment with many tasks, such as cleaning, making cones, cakes, ice cream sandwiches, ice cream, and cupcakes. Greeting customers with a positive and welcoming attitude, and serving customers to their desires. Although it is a struggle to get past rushes, but with patience, it goes by fast. Management is excellent and organized with schedules. I've learned to make ice cream and such, and I've learned a lot about customer service, and keeping the work area clean and organized. Co-workers and I will change shifts and cover for each other when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job is probably the ice cream.
Pros
experience, ice cream
Cons
Screaming children, kids not talking loud enough for us to understand what they want in their ice cream
Working with ice cream is awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2015
The work day doesn't feel long, because you are always have something to do. A lot of interesting tasks like making cones and dipping them into the chocolate or decorating ice cream cakes. Co-workers were nice, mostly students. The hard part is that some of the ice cream containers are heavy to lift and carry. The best thing i loved was the look in children's eyes when the got their ice cream. It feels great to make people happy.
Pros
1 free ice cream a day
Cons
huge line-ups at summer time
Very fun place to work at, was a great experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 21, 2015
Great place to work at during my university career. I really enjoyed the time I worked here, and the people I worked with. Owners were really nice people to work for. Always enjoyed seeing my regular customers
Productive and fun environment
shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 31, 2015
Productive and fun environment to work in which lead to excellent customer relations and service. Needed great people skills to be able to talk and serve customers to the best of your ability
Pros
good staff
Fun working enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OakvilleFebruary 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be setting up for the day, and making sure I have tasks ready for my scoopers. I would manage the till and make sure the balance was right. Working with other co-workers was a lot of fun. The people make the job position worth it. The hardest part of the job was handling dissatisfied or angry customers. We didn't get many, but it was tough to deal with the time came around. Summer hours were long and very busy. It's hard to control a team of 6-7+ people in a busy store. But it was my job, and I think I did it well.
Pros
great co-workers, fun work
Cons
a lot of multi tasking
Excellent
Full Time Day Employee (Former Employee) –  Ajax, OnSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoy working at Marble Slab Creamery, I learned a lot about product management as well as customer service. I learned about how much work needs to be done when you are working alone and not getting any other help.
Fun, Bright Welcoming place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 18, 2014
Make sure all employees are dressed in marble slab uniform. Asess all production machines for cleanliness and safty. Turn on machines for daily production, make cones, icecream, cakes etc
Maintain store appearance, provide safe and happy working environment for staff and ensure all customers have a great experiance.
Fun workplace, friendly environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONJuly 8, 2014
It is a great place to work.My job involves customer service as well as production tasks and making sure that the restaurant is neat and tidy. My co-workers are very friendly and fun, we work as a team to make sure that it is a fair game for everyone specially during the rush hours in summer. everyone tries their best not to leave any task for the other shift.Overall, i like this job.
Great place for a high school job
Scooper and Pre production (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 22, 2014
it was fun while I worked at marble slab. The owners were very nice and the costumers were great. Made some friends with the employees. only thing was that a lot of the shifts would get ditched by other staff and I would end up taking them. Shifts weren't really worth it because they would only schedule 3-4 hour shifts at a time.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
I love working at Marble Slab Creamery specially doing morning shifts because then I get time to check what all needs to be made to get things going. Less customers during morning so I get ample time for doing production. Another thing I like is the freedom I get because that gives me more space to do what I want to do leading to giving more output. My boss/employer is really good at that. I really learned to work fast and to work without supervision. Sometimes its really stressful when there is so much to do but I have very less time as I dn't like the work to be piled up. But all in all its fun and best place to work at :)
Marble Slab Creamery
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
Working at the Marble Slab Creamer was a very rewarding experience. It helped imply customer service skills as well as time management. There was a great team effort to accomplish the task in hand.
Fast-paced and intensive work required
Supervisor & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 20, 2014
While opening and closing the store, it is important to count the till to ensure all sales are done correctly at the beginning and end of every shift. I also had to train new employees; this includes how to effectively make sales, use the cash register, clean, and maintain store regulatory requirements.
cashier, ice cream server
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2014
working at marble slab showed and taught me a lot of things i would probably never be able to learn for example how ice cream is made it also helped with my costomer service.
Fun work environment which provided a flexible work schedule and opportunities to learn
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Marble Slab taught me to always be ready for anything; Every day holds something different.
A typical day could mean rolling fresh waffle cones, making fresh batches of ice cream (which go into pans, cakes, and litre tubs), decorating cakes, making back-up products, cleaning, and serving customers. At first many of these tasks include constantly checking recipe and instruction sheets.
As a manager who has been with the company for years I have knowledge and experience in all aspects of the company. This allows me to comfortably and confidently lead my team. The employees I manage are mainly high school and university students, so I strive to make it a fun, welcoming work environment while also ensuring corporate standards are met and customers are satisfied.
In the competitive ice cream market, with shops like Dairy Queen constantly adding new products to their menu, Marble Slab has had to create and change our products as well. This is what I find to be one of the most enjoyable parts of my job: learning and tweaking production techniques to ensure we are doing things in the most logical, timely way possible.
Pros
getting to serve and interact with a variety of customers on a daily basis
Family Drama in the work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJanuary 6, 2014
Made min wage here, and although I requested full time I would sometimes only work 6 hours a week.

The managers were a man and wife. We worked alone most of the time but the man made some uncomfortable conversation, and also allowed me to smoke out back while his wife told me not to. I confided in my co-worker and she told both of them causing a lot of problems at work. I felt very awkward and anxious at work and was worried they were going to fire me for no reason because there was conflict between the managers.
Pros
free icecream, great food
Cons
poor communication, bad hours
Productive and interesting work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MiltonOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work would be me coming into the store and taking over from the other Supervisor, telling the scoopers what tasks need to be done. Provide the best customer service. This job was a breeze and everyone worked around your schedule, if there was ever an emergency, people would always be willing to come in and work for one another.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
long hours in summers
Fun, busy place to work winter and summer
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2013
Marble Slab was a great place to work while going through high school. It had flexible hours and you could work as many or as little hours as you needed to.

It was quite slow in the winter other than cakes and such but in the summer people cant get enough. I enjoyed working here and it was nice to be able to put smiles on everyone's faces.
Pros
free icecream every shift
Cons
you eat a lot of icecream