Marble Slab Creamery

Marble Slab Creamery Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, Bright Welcoming place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 18, 2014
Make sure all employees are dressed in marble slab uniform. Asess all production machines for cleanliness and safty. Turn on machines for daily production, make cones, icecream, cakes etc
Maintain store appearance, provide safe and happy working environment for staff and ensure all customers have a great experiance.
Fun workplace, friendly environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee), Milton, ONJuly 8, 2014
It is a great place to work.My job involves customer service as well as production tasks and making sure that the restaurant is neat and tidy. My co-workers are very friendly and fun, we work as a team to make sure that it is a fair game for everyone specially during the rush hours in summer. everyone tries their best not to leave any task for the other – more... shift.Overall, i like this job. – less
Great place for a high school job
Scooper and Pre production (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: short hours
it was fun while I worked at marble slab. The owners were very nice and the costumers were great. Made some friends with the employees. only thing was that a lot of the shifts would get ditched by other staff and I would end up taking them. Shifts weren't really worth it because they would only schedule 3-4 hour shifts at a time.
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
I love working at Marble Slab Creamery specially doing morning shifts because then I get time to check what all needs to be made to get things going. Less customers during morning so I get ample time for doing production. Another thing I like is the freedom I get because that gives me more space to do what I want to do leading to giving more output. – more... My boss/employer is really good at that. I really learned to work fast and to work without supervision. Sometimes its really stressful when there is so much to do but I have very less time as I dn't like the work to be piled up. But all in all its fun and best place to work at :) – less
Marble Slab Creamery
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
Working at the Marble Slab Creamer was a very rewarding experience. It helped imply customer service skills as well as time management. There was a great team effort to accomplish the task in hand.
Fast-paced and intensive work required
Supervisor & Key Holder (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 20, 2014
While opening and closing the store, it is important to count the till to ensure all sales are done correctly at the beginning and end of every shift. I also had to train new employees; this includes how to effectively make sales, use the cash register, clean, and maintain store regulatory requirements.
cashier, ice cream server
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2014
working at marble slab showed and taught me a lot of things i would probably never be able to learn for example how ice cream is made it also helped with my costomer service.
Fun work environment which provided a flexible work schedule and opportunities to learn
General Manager (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: getting to serve and interact with a variety of customers on a daily basis
Marble Slab taught me to always be ready for anything; Every day holds something different.
A typical day could mean rolling fresh waffle cones, making fresh batches of ice cream (which go into pans, cakes, and litre tubs), decorating cakes, making back-up products, cleaning, and serving customers. At first many of these tasks include constantly checking – more... recipe and instruction sheets.
As a manager who has been with the company for years I have knowledge and experience in all aspects of the company. This allows me to comfortably and confidently lead my team. The employees I manage are mainly high school and university students, so I strive to make it a fun, welcoming work environment while also ensuring corporate standards are met and customers are satisfied.
In the competitive ice cream market, with shops like Dairy Queen constantly adding new products to their menu, Marble Slab has had to create and change our products as well. This is what I find to be one of the most enjoyable parts of my job: learning and tweaking production techniques to ensure we are doing things in the most logical, timely way possible. – less
Family Drama in the work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free icecream, great food
Cons: poor communication, bad hours
Made min wage here, and although I requested full time I would sometimes only work 6 hours a week.

The managers were a man and wife. We worked alone most of the time but the man made some uncomfortable conversation, and also allowed me to smoke out back while his wife told me not to. I confided in my co-worker and she told both of them causing a lot – more... of problems at work. I felt very awkward and anxious at work and was worried they were going to fire me for no reason because there was conflict between the managers. – less
Productive and interesting work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), MiltonOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: long hours in summers
A typical day at work would be me coming into the store and taking over from the other Supervisor, telling the scoopers what tasks need to be done. Provide the best customer service. This job was a breeze and everyone worked around your schedule, if there was ever an emergency, people would always be willing to come in and work for one another.
Fun, busy place to work winter and summer
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: free icecream every shift
Cons: you eat a lot of icecream
Marble Slab was a great place to work while going through high school. It had flexible hours and you could work as many or as little hours as you needed to.

It was quite slow in the winter other than cakes and such but in the summer people cant get enough. I enjoyed working here and it was nice to be able to put smiles on everyone's faces.
productive place, stressful with low benefits
Employee, Marble Slab Creamery (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 4, 2013
- made ice cream
- franchise owner was harsh
- co-workers friendly
- nights were very busy
Fun Making ice cream
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABMarch 21, 2013
Pros: making ice cream
Cons: long days
Fun making ice cream and cakes
fun people to work with
got free ice cream
Ice cream parlour with lower-end pay, part-time job for students mostly
Server (Current Employee), West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2012
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: long shifts on feet, may not always get breaks
As far as part-time jobs go, it isn't too bad. Working conditions are safe and clean, and there are tips in addition to paycheque. Would recommend an employer for students and anyone else just entering job market. Management are friendly and willing to work with your schedule.

On the other hand, you're on your feet most of the day, pay is low (at or – more... below $10/hr) and it gets very busy sometimes. – less
great place to work
Scooper, night-time supervisor (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCMay 21, 2012
Pros: free ice cream with shift
Cons: superviser position
ice cream supervisor
making cones selling ice cream
goo management, young employees
closing
ice cream
Fun place to work, very productive
Customber service (Former Employee), London, ONApril 24, 2012
A typical day at work would be helping customers, baking, cleaning, or whatever needed to be done that day.
Management and co-workers were very nice and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was making cakes.
The most enjoyable was helping the customers.
Fun work when you actually work with someone
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 15, 2012
I really enjoyed working here, but only during the times when there was someone else there - when you're all alone during the winter (there is nothing to do) you really don't enjoy it.
Good part-time job!
Shift Manager (Former Employee), McDonough, GAOctober 26, 2014
Very good job when just looking for a job through high school or college. You are asked to be able to do a lot of different task and at the beginning it is a bit overwhelming but it gets a lot easier with time.
Pretty good place to work
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNOctober 13, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: not enough hrs
It was a learning experience I enjoyed the people and the environment but wasn't enough hrs
Cheap
Baker/ Team Leader (Current Employee), McDonough, GAOctober 2, 2014
Cons: nothing there is free
The boss rips you off, a typical day is filled with customers
and i learned to say yes sir to the boss

1 2 3 4