Marathon benefit Corp. is an independent insurance advisory based in Calgary, Alberta. Our goal is to provide our clients with the best insurance products, the highest level of expertise & the most professional client service available.
Marathon works with small to medium sized businesses to protect their employees and shareholders. We do this by providing group benefits and other insurance related products.
Marathon also helps families develop their risk management strategy as well as their estate plan. This too is done using insurance & related products.
Our belief is that everyone deserves an individual touch. As such we work with all of the leading insurers to provide customized solutions for each client.
We are currently looking for an Executive Assistant / Inside Client Service Representative to join our small, successful and growing team in NW Calgary. This key role is a permanent part-time position that works closely with the owner. The successful candidate will provide administrative expertise to the president and customer service to new and existing clients.
Marathon is looking for someone who has the ability to quickly learn the skills necessary to support the owner and our clients. Exceptional attention to detail and proficiency in the English language is a must as this key person must communicate by e-mail, phone and in person. Knowledge will be built on insurance processes including; insurance application forms, health claims, administration of benefit plans, and related insurance issues. Professionalism, a positive attitude, strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently will ensure success in this role.
- Scheduling and organizing the owner's calendar
- Working with a CRM
- Completing forms and applications with consistent attention to detail
- Business communications and preparing quotes and proposals
- Obtaining your insurance license would be considered key learning
- Proven competence with M.S. Word, Excel, Outlook & Power point and social networking including Gmail, Facebook and Twitter
- Daily administrative support including, but not limited to; filing, couriers, reception, and phone / email follow up
- Communication with clients with regards to applications, annual reviews, and general client service
- Professional & positive attitude
- Excellent business communication skills, on the phone (inbound and outbound), in writing and in person is a key requirement
- A proven method of organizational abilities and time management skills
- Proficient in the command of the English language, spoken and written. Attention to detail with written business communications is a key requirement
- Ability to work in a flexible environment where priorities can change very quickly
- Experience working independently, as a stand-alone office administrator, would be a definite asset. Persistence and initiative will prove to ensure success in this role.
- Experience in the insurance & benefit industry is an asset
- Exceptional problem solving skills is a must
- Graphic design experience would be a bonus
Marathon Benefits offers a comprehensive benefit package and working environment
- Hours: 9am - 3pm Mon-Thurs / 9am-2pm Fri (With some flexibility)
- 15 business days of combined personal days and holidays
- Closed all statutory holidays and over the holiday season during December
- Salaried position with bonuses based on various factors
- We are an equal opportunity employer with opportunities for growth