Maplewood Seniors Care Society has been providing quality residential care services to senior citizens in the community of Abbotsford since 1973. We are well recognized within the community for our excellence care services provided at both of our facilities in Abbotsford – The MSA Manor and The Maplewood House. We pursue excellence in meeting the unique needs of seniors in our care, one person at a time, while maintaining their dignity and quality of life, by embracing our corporate value – UNIQCARE across the entire organization. Everyone (U), Niche (N), Integrity (I), Quality (Q), Creativity (C), Accountability (A), Respect (R), Education (E) are our guiding principles in our daily interactions with our residents, their family members and our colleagues.
We currently have the following career opportunities:
Casual Opportunities Available
Maplewood House, Abbotsford, BC
A member of the nursing team upholding Maplewood Seniors Care Society’s Vision, Mission, Philosophy Statements, and established policies and procedures, committing to professional and facility codes of ethics and functions within the regulations, standards and guidelines governing residential care. Contributing to the development of a caring, competent and accountable Nursing Team, the Registered Nurse assesses and plans the care of residents, coordinates and supervises others who deliver direct resident care, ensuring that a high standard of care is provided at all times. All duties are performed in a manner that respects the dignity, worth, need for self-respect and self-determination of the individual, and in ways that promote maximum personal and functional independence.
- Currently registered or licensed with the CRNBC or registered with the CRPNBC.
- Holds a current CPR and First Aid certificate.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience in geriatrics.
- Possesses the personal qualities and attitudes that respect and maintain the dignity and individuality of the residents.
- Presents in good health, free from any communicable diseases and physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the working environment, e.g., standing, bending and lifting heavy residents. Demonstrates willingness to maintain own physical, psychological, and emotional fitness to practice as per CRNBC Standard #6.
- Ability to work as a team leader and demonstrates proficient supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate competently; understanding and delivering written and verbal instruction.
- Possesses basic computer skills. Experience working with and/or a willingness to learn InterRAI MDS Assessments is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with residents, families, staff, visitors and volunteers.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Availability to work days, evenings & weekends is required.
Maplewood Seniors Care Society is not just a work place but a home to our residents where we take pride to be part of their extended family for enhancing their quality of life. If you share the same reasons to belong and to serve as Maplewood Seniors Care Society, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your resume with a cover letter to us by June 30, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in Maplewood Seniors Care Society. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.