We are looking for 2 x PM to lead the activities as they pertain to our European platform acquisitions. He/she will be responsible for consolidating, tracking and managing the associated acquisition tasks from business groups through the transition period. The contract will start as soon as possible and run for an 8 month period (with the possibility of extension.) The consultant will be based out of our Ottawa office.
As a member of the IT Project Management Office and reporting to the Portfolio Manager, The Project Manager will document and manage project scope, objectives, risk, schedules and direct all activities necessary to ensure efficient and effective integrations of new potential assets, users and systems into the Clients environment.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Direct, plan, organize and oversee the various tasks as part of the acquisitions/integrations;
Prepare and manage project, resource and change management plans;
Work closely with Corporate Communications Group to establish and manage communication plans;
Work with various Business groups in various geographic areas to ensure all project activities are aligned towards the same goals;
Develop and manage through the life of the project a detailed schedule, actions, risk register and budgets;
Prepare and present regular status reports to the PMO, project sponsors and stakeholders;
Chair the project steering committee meetings providing updates to the executive stakeholders on regular basis ;
Coordinate activities with other project teams as necessary;
· Minimum of Ten (10) years of pertinent work experience in an IT project management role;
· Ten (10) years of progressive experience in a leadership role or management role within a mature IT environment;
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related discipline;
· Degree in Project Management, equivalent demonstrated experience in project management will be considered; Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English (working knowledge of French is an asset).
· Ability to deal and communicate effectively with all project stakeholders and sponsors including members of senior management;
· Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and sound judgment;
· Demonstrated experience with successfully introducing change into an organization through the implementation of a business sponsored project;
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to provide direction and coaching to team members;
· Proven ability to build and manage solid teams;
· Attention to detail with regard to all items within the project scope and relating to project management best practises
· Ability to “think outside the box”, to work in a dynamic, complex, fast paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities;
· Ability to “roll up” her/his sleeves and get involved at a detailed level in order to ensure accuracy and the respect of timelines;
· Ability to influence others and to gain support for her/his ideas;