Human Resources Advisor
September 15, 2014
Criminal Records Check required
August 20, 2014
Maplesoft Group is seeking a Human Resources Advisor for their NCR client:
This position presents an opportunity to participate in a growth oriented organization and to gain exposure and understanding of the energy industry. This role is ideally suited for a motivated, career oriented professional seeking a challenging opportunity.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the incumbent will provide advice and support to all managers and employees.
- Work with managers to define recruitment needs;
- Coordinate the full cycle of recruitment process (screening, interviewing, selection, testing, references and post-offer management;
- Assist in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and provincial/federal laws and regulations;
- Coordinate activities to ensure quality of on-boarding and off-boarding processes;
- Make recommendations to update and develop new tools or processes;
- Manage and administer group benefit plans according to business and employees needs;
- Provide support and responses to various requests regarding STD, maternity/paternity or immigration;
- Prepare memos to communicate various information to different audiences;
- Ensure compliance with Human Resources related legislation (e.g. Employment Standards, Human Rights, Employment Equity, Pay Equity, Workers’ Compensation).
- A University degree in Human Resources or in a related field;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in HR, including experience in the private sector;
- Experience in recruitment, compensation and program management;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Attention to Detail: Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner;
- Client Focus: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external clients;
- Creativity and Innovation; Generating viable, new approaches and solutions;
- Critical Judgment: Evaluating ideas and information while referring to objective criteria to reach rational conclusion;
- Impact and Influence: Influencing and gaining others' support;
- Initiative;: Deadline with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise;
- Interactive Communication: Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication;
- Legislation, Policies, Procedures and Standards; Understanding and using relevant legislation, policies, procedures and/or standards in performing one's work;
- Problem Solving; Identifying problems and the solutions to them;
- Time Management/Priority Setting; The process of exercising conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase efficiency or productivity.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
World-class Professional Services. That’s what we do best. Period.
Since 1996, we've been helping clients successfully execute...