Mapleridge Cooperative Preschool has an excellent opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic early education professional to join the team!
Mapleridge Cooperative Preschool (MCP) is an established, community-based preschool with a strong history of providing high quality preschool education programs. As a not-for-profit cooperative organization, the school relies on ongoing parent involvement to maintain accessible tuition and prides itself on providing an exceptional learning environment. Mapleridge Preschool is conveniently located on the corner of Acadia Drive and Southland Drive SE in the bright lower level of the Christ Moravian Church (no affiliation).
MCP is seeking a talented teacher to join the team to be part of the continued success of MCP now and into the future. This opportunity will provide the qualified individual the chance to join the teaching team in the fall of 2014 while also being mentored and integrated into the established preschool by an experienced teacher. With a possibility of taking on additional teaching and further leadership in the future, this is a very unique opportunity for the right individual seeking a long term situation to develop and advance a preschool/early years education career.
- Current Child Development Worker Certificate (formerly known as Level 2) - could be currently working towards this certification or hold a higher certification level
- Current Infant CPR and Child First Aid
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Knowledge of and strict adherence to all government legislation and licensing requirements at all times
- Adherence to Mapleridge Cooperative Preschool Association Bylaws, Policies and Procedures and Objective Statement
Skills and Abilities
- Strong ability and desire to work with a diverse group of children and their families in a caring and professional manner
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills in managing the classroom, teaching students and working with families
- Keen organizational and time management skills
- High degree of self-motivation and “take charge” attitude
- Team player who is interested in learning and growing
- Aptitude to develop creative concepts and age appropriate activities
- Ability to work professionally with parents, board members and within the community
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume and a cover letter to:
Mapleridge Cooperative Preschool
Attn. Jennifer Perry, Chair
Closing date: February 10, 2014