Maplehurst Bakeries Employee Reviews

Would not work here
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TN16 December 2017
Management is horrible here specially in production and they don’t care about losing employees. If you just need to get your foot in the door to work somewhere quick these is the place to work then. Their is no training program here learn on the fly here hope you can learn quick. Turnover rate is really high new faces every day. Job is not enjoyable and low motivation to work.
Pros
No pros
Poor Management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TN30 November 2017
Worked for Maplehurst for about 1 year and management was so poor. No accountability for leadership which was so poor. Would still work there if things would have changed but just seen it going further and further down.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
We work smart,not hard. Fun work family.
Sanitation team member. (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, Indiana9 November 2017
Good work place for the young and older adults. A worker can write there one pay check every week according to your vision to support Maplehurst with your moral work ethics.
Every employee is governed by accountability at all times. This is a very safe conscience company.
With acts of violence in today's world,I feel extremely safe working here.
Pros
Overtime, money in the bank, food in the house, bills paid, girlfriends happy.work work work
Cons
To busy working can't think of any..
it was an fun job
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN9 November 2017
I like the job but we had poor management it made it hard because I had more than one thing to at a time but liked my position.IT was different position there
Productive and great place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN21 October 2017
When I got trained being a team leader, it was awesome, because I was forward to learning more about leading people fairly and with respect. Operating Machine's ( an assembly line) was great getting to know how to adjust and fix some simple mechanical problem that was causing us not to produce cakes.
Pros
Had 30 minutes lunch break.
Cons
The breaks were fair enough.
plant manager very involved in my position, had to learn alot on my own
MAINTENANCE PURCHASING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GA4 October 2017
I had one week of training for a job that needed nearly 4 weeks. My position was responsible for many jobs at one time and keeping the plant up and running. If a machine went down, I was responsible for doing whatever it took to get the part into our facility as quickly and cost efficiently as possible.
The plant manager liked to micro manage. The company was very fast paced.
Pros
Liked my maintenance guys. Were very helpful
Cons
Plant manager difficult to work with
Great Place to Work.....
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  TN26 September 2017
A typical workday is 10-12 hours and very fast paced. There is not a lot of developmental tools, yet they always promote from within first. Great job with great benefits, just not much of a home-life balance.
Overall Great Company
Stand-Up forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, IN26 September 2017
At maplehurst everyone was very respectful and the management was excellent at their job. Only complication was that i was in the freezer and was cold but the equipment given was great as well. But all around great company to work for.
workers can be very nice
Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, IN10 September 2017
I worked there for a year met some great friends but hours got to be too much for me I decided it was time for my departure around march of this year.
Pros
great paying job available overtime
Cons
short breaks
MapleHurst Bakeries
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GA7 September 2017
Working her was a stressful job. It was a hot sweaty factory job that had only 3 shift options. The work was boring and mundane and there was hardly no way to move up.
good work place with a great break room
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, IN4 September 2017
at maplehurst everyone acts very much like they are a family and everyone is very respectful. i woiuldnt mind working there for the rest of my life if i could
The people you work with are great.
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, IN19 August 2017
The people i work with are amazing, Management however, is ridiculous. There is a lot of favoritism within the company. There is almost no room to move up.
Pros
paid Breaks
Cons
12 hour shifts, rude management
low pay
Bakery Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA11 August 2017
Merit raises are not given, advancement is available if located to a main plant city like Brownsburg, IN or Tennessee . I worked as a remote bakery technician away from the main culture and offices of Maplehurst and felt very alone and cut off from the rest of the business. Lots of freedom as a tech.
Pros
bonus, health care
Cons
low pay
Sanitation
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 July 2017
Great company to work for. I worked there for 20 years to retirement. Over th years, I met some really great people. Management was knowledgable in knowing what was going on in day to day operations.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
No overtime
This place is unprofessional and mismanaged
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN21 June 2017
You have no life here. No room for advancement and favoritism runs rampant. A typical day involves employees standing around talking not get anything done and when you mention it you get nothing but push back from your managers. They worry to much about law suits because there reason is minorities are always sueing for racial discrimination. This place is full of racist managers and do not work here it cost me my wife and kids.
Cons
easy going fun environment.
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, IN31 May 2017
operate large machinery. run programs to create customer specific products. management was fair. hardest part was slow paced. most enjoyable was fellow co workers
Coworkers are great on second and third shift. We had fun but always got work done and when machines ran properly always exceeded production demands!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TN30 April 2017
It's an ok work place if you dont have kids! You are hired to work 8 hours 5 days with opportunities for overtime in wanted and needed. Then they tell you they are changing the schedule and job duties without even taking the employees into consideration!
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Poor management
New Facility with Growth Potential
None (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TN16 February 2017
The Lebanon, TN site is a new facility that started manufacturing in 2016. Friendly, caring staff. Trying to help create a process-driven, fun atmosphere.
Pros
Growth, Competitive pay for the area, Good Benefits, Safety a Priority, Friendly People
Cons
Sometimes chaotic environment
Rude housekeeper.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN24 December 2016
1st shift housekeeper complains too much. And makes guests and employees feel uneasy. Everything isn't bound to stay clean 24/7. Really liked 2nd and 3rd shift they made me feel at home the staff did and everything was much more cleaner.
Pros
Being able to clean up properly the right way
Cons
Being trained by someone who cuts corners
It gave me a lot of experience in plant based work
Production Processor (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, IN13 December 2016
This job taught me a lot about responsibility and maintaining an industrial sized line. The only thing that was less than desirable was the turnover rate of the team leaders. The new ones weren't very knowledgable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maplehurst Bakeries. Our community is ready to answer.