Maple Lodge Farms Employee Reviews

truck delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 November 2017
liked the company and the customers

enjoyed being on the open road doing my deliveries

and liked my fellow truck drivers

great benefits and pension options
fun place to work
Maple operator/ Shipping (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 September 2017
very clean and good environment to work the co workers there are always willing to help they treat you like family no matter where from you always be welcomed
Fantastic place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 June 2017
Great time there, long hours, the job is not too bad if you know what you're doing. The work stays at work is relatively stress free. Would recommend working there.
Pros
work stays at work
decent
Shipper/Receiver/Shunter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2017
its a big company so its hard to not feel like just a number card scanning in. they will always pay you weekly correctly and lots of overtime is available. pay is ok and decent benefits package. i have worked a lot harder for less money.
Pros
free lunches
Productive enviroment, takes employee safety regulations quite seriously.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 May 2017
Very welcoming environment, took employee safety and wellness quite seriously. Always ensured everyone knew their told and what was required of them as an employee.
Normal day at work
Retail Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 May 2017
In the morning, you get to the back and unload the trailer. When it hits 9 then we open so I deal with wholesale in the back which consists of normally 20+ boxes of chicken. After that's done then I get back to the front which is the retail and pick orders as well as put customers chicken in their vehicles. What I learned is that money is very hard to make considering the job I do and the value of a dollar. The hardest part of this job is the constant lifting and non stop movement. Most enjoyable part would be the last hour of work considering their is no rush.
Line worker
warehouse worker/ line worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2017
I worked here for a while and actually didn't mind the job for the first few months. I was moved around to different areas so it was nice to have a change in the daily routine. The pay was pretty good and I think you get 3 weeks holidays in your first year which is good. I left after just over 2 years of working there.
nice place
Food Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2017
Good job for students looking to make extra money and make new friends. Mostly flexible with work schedules but you have to make sure that on some days you are present. Management was alright...
Worst place worked ever..
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 February 2017
Management is fake
Night supervisors will treat you like animals
If u do hard work..they will give more and more
Bad infrastructure
Messy place
Cleaning.,cleaning and again cleaning
Pros
Nothing much..
Cons
Night supervisors are inhumans especially one named paul..
free to do as you wish as long as you do your job accurately on time
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2017
hardest part is the cold freezer work

good part you can talk to your fellow employees any time during work

great benefits 100%

year end gifts for employees children

signing bonus
Pros
Cons
12 hours
Great Job with poor benefits and cuture ethics.
QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2017
The best part of the job doing the work for which i was working and the hard is the unnecessary work of others. Average benefits and workplace culture
Fun place to work in high school/university
Special Events Team (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 December 2016
Good job for students looking to make extra money, travel (in car) around the GTA and make new friends. Mostly flexible with work schedules but you have to make sure that on some days you are present. Management was alright...
Cons
Long hours, poor management sometimes
Fun hard working place
Machine operator and forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2016
Lots of layoff, learned lots of positions, was shifted to different positions which allowed for lots of learning. Company was sort of cheap and did not provide any Christmas dinners, parties or even bonuses. Lots of repetitive work with heavy lifting. Management only promoted a specific nationality which were the Portuguese people which meant they were biased. The company allowed for in-house training on machinery and certification such as forklift traiming.
Experience
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 August 2016
When i was starting out, the workplace was great, everyone was friendly to me. But after a couple of months, things just went downhill. My hours were changed when I requested for them, because of personal reasons. Management began to treat me differently from everyone else. Threats to be fired every 4-6 months.
Pros
Serving the customers, and co workers.
Cons
Fluxuating Hours, and Horrible management.
n/a
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 May 2016
The company is not bad overall, the environment is friendly. Looking for a permanent position, currently on contract here.
Fun work place and lots of different aspect to learn with in terms of work
Accounting Clerk├ęShipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2016
It is a good company to work with and in terms of benefits was very good. If given an opportunity to work wit Maple Lodge Farm again, I would love to go back there.
horrible
Retail Shipper (Former Employee) –  brampton9 September 2015
wanted to kill myself every shift, had so many employees but they made one guy do everything, and no one offers help, great group of people but management is just rediculas.
Pros
people
Cons
managment
Maple lodge should be shut down
retail shipper (Former Employee) –  brampton3 April 2015
the typical day included working for long hours and getting played minimum wadge and doing 4 peoples jobs while they stand around. they didnt respect the place and managment wasnt any better they were horrible.
Pros
Cons
long shifts. no raise, managment
Labourer/Cook and Poultry Counter Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 March 2015
Had a lot of fun working with people, and also the management was great as well. Co-Workers were also very friendly! Great overall place to work!!!
Some of the co-workers make it fun to work, easy to get along with most people.
Millwright assistant, General Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 December 2014
A typical day at Maple Lodge for me is basically i get assigned a job, i do my best to get it done at a fast pace but make sure its done properly so i can move on to the next job. Working with an a partner makes the job feel much faster and we have a few laughs while we work.
Pros
I get a lot of hours
Cons
sometimes the jobs could get really messy, because its in a chicken slaughter factory.