Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting job
Snack Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
I had a great time working for this company and had fun with each day that I got to work there. My job was to sell snacks which I was very good at doing. It was always fun selling snacks and helping the company money. At the end of night I would go back to the Vending room and cash out. The way the cash out system works is I would take out all the money I made on that night, pay the managers what I owe them and the rest is all yours along with all the tips that I made.
Pros
Selling snacks and having free views of concerts and games
Cons
Commission based job
Fun workplace
Security coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
I greatly enjoy working here because of the unique events experienced and the ability to impact a wide array of visitors and colleagues. I work with a great team and enjoy every shiftime I work regardless of the challenges faced at times. I hope to continue working in this job sector if given the opportunity.
Pros
Live event experiences
CO-OP Student (Former Employee) –  50 Bay Stree Toronto Ontario30 May 2016
MLSE is the place to be at if you love sports. It is a very team oriented company. I worked in multiple departments and from personal experience all of them did a lot to teach me about how the daily operations went.
Pros
Free snacks
Work hard, play hard mentality..."Left hand" has no idea what the "right hand" is doing.
IT Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Air Canada Center, ON15 April 2016
From an IT standpoint, I understand the organization was trying to get a handle on their problem of being uniquely understaffed, while having entire teams bear too much work, while other teams go under-utilized.
A great team!
Reservation Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
Working here is absolutely a pleasure. Though the work load can get very heavy, very quickly, the people you work with are always available to help.
k
Nanny (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 January 2016
These idiots wants a part time server who has at least three years of serving experience. What in the world is happening.
Best job of life
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
What a great environment to work in. Always high energy and high fun. You basically get paid a good amount to work and watch the game at the same time.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Very Part time (10 hours/ weelk)
great time working with MLSE
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2015
it is a lot of fun working with MLSE, getting the chance to watch sporting events while working. Great employees, everyone collectively goes above and beyond.
Great place to work with many great people to support your development
Marketing & Promotions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
Great place to work that will provide with experience needed to develop your career path. The atmosphere can't be put into words, and you experience many different personalities in one venue.
Fun workplace
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto On6 July 2015
My reasonability is to setup the beverage stand I will be managing to ensure my employees can complete service during the game successfully. Document inventory prior, order missing product and verify floats for cashier before gates open. During the sporting event ensure all the policies are being followed by your employees and alcohol is shut down at the standard times. Verify income from each cashier and complete end count to make sure everything matches with the reports before locking up.
Exciting place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto7 April 2015
MLSE is a exciting place to work. It's a joy to interact with fans on game night, and to work with such professional and positive people.
Pros
The people
Cons
Traffic, driving into the city
Fun comfortable environment
Concessions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2015
Everything about working for MLSE is amazing I got a long very well with staff .Only thing is the hours are not at all stable. i only work when there is a game.
Working at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.
cash supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto23 February 2015
I am grateful to have the opportunity to be employed by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. In a way they've put Toronto on the map with their marketing of "We The North". The passion they put into Toronto's teams is endless and pure dedication, which I absolutely love.

They're more than just sports, they're also dedicated to reaching out to communities in need. Management and executives are always finding ways to get all employees involved in community projects, fundraisers and setting up camps. I've certainly learned to be more outgoing, hands on and involved.

My co-workers are some of the best people I have met, they make the more difficult days worth it as we have the "we are one team" mentality. Including management, you usually don't see corporate companies with management that are leading by example and aren't absent managers.

A typical day for me - there is no typical day. I have certain routines that are to be completed in the morning portion of my shifts. And then my afternoon is spent completed more routines. In between that I spend my time helping others, completing miscellaneous tasks as needed and providing supervision for our front of house staff.

The hardest part is with it being a larger corporate company, I would have to say it's harder to meet new people outside of your department and with people staying in their positions for long lengths of time - it's more difficult to advance or be considered for promotions. But overall, it's a great company.
Pros
Free lunches, teamwork, management role
Fun, innovative and creative envirionment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario24 November 2014
Building relationships with key stakeholders of the business is fundamental.
Growing and young work environment
great place to learn from
Corporate Partnerships & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2014
learned a lot coming from college with an internship

great place to create and maintain contacts
+++
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2014
great enviroment, always looking to push the bar. superior staff.
Nice place to work
Overnight Custodian (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2013
The job is pretty hard but it's possible to do within reason. After a long period of time working you eventually learn how to be efficient, co-workers will help you to get through the day. The hardest part of the job is having to clean up after the local team won the game on that previous night. It is fun to work there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard job
Productive workplace striving to fulfill customer needs
Event Porter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2013
A typical day at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment includes managing inventory at all games and events while assisting customers' as required. Working there has polished my customer service skills as well as my organization skills.
great place to learn and grow
Corporate Partners & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2013
• Finalized End of Season reports for corporate partners
• Researched new perspective Corporate Partners
• Assisted with distribution of marketing materials
• Finalized group and single seat ticket sales packages
• Maintained computerized records of all ticket sales
• Used Archtics ticketing system daily
• Administrative duties
challenging work, team environment
Office Administrator, Bookkeeper and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario13 February 2013
Office organization, administrative duties, associate with many staff
corporate experience
part of management team in a large, high volume restaurant
work with many people on a daily basis
4am closing hours was hardest part of job
working with many different personalities daily was most enjoyable
Pros
free lunches, availability to leafs, raptors tickets
Cons
long, late hours

4.2