Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews in Canada

Work hard, play hard mentality..."Left hand" has no idea what the "right hand" is doing.
IT Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Air Canada Center, ONApril 15, 2016
From an IT standpoint, I understand the organization was trying to get a handle on their problem of being uniquely understaffed, while having entire teams bear too much work, while other teams go under-utilized.
CO-OP Student (Former Employee) –  50 Bay Stree Toronto OntarioMay 30, 2016
MLSE is the place to be at if you love sports. It is a very team oriented company. I worked in multiple departments and from personal experience all of them did a lot to teach me about how the daily operations went.
Pros
Free snacks
Best job of life
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
What a great environment to work in. Always high energy and high fun. You basically get paid a good amount to work and watch the game at the same time.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Very Part time (10 hours/ weelk)
A great team!
Reservation Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
Working here is absolutely a pleasure. Though the work load can get very heavy, very quickly, the people you work with are always available to help.
Great place to work with many great people to support your development
Marketing & Promotions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Great place to work that will provide with experience needed to develop your career path. The atmosphere can't be put into words, and you experience many different personalities in one venue.
k
Nanny (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 28, 2016
These idiots wants a part time server who has at least three years of serving experience. What in the world is happening.
great time working with MLSE
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
it is a lot of fun working with MLSE, getting the chance to watch sporting events while working. Great employees, everyone collectively goes above and beyond.
Fun workplace
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto OnJuly 6, 2015
My reasonability is to setup the beverage stand I will be managing to ensure my employees can complete service during the game successfully. Document inventory prior, order missing product and verify floats for cashier before gates open. During the sporting event ensure all the policies are being followed by your employees and alcohol is shut down at the standard times. Verify income from each cashier and complete end count to make sure everything matches with the reports before locking up.
Exciting place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 7, 2015
MLSE is a exciting place to work. It's a joy to interact with fans on game night, and to work with such professional and positive people.
Pros
The people
Cons
Traffic, driving into the city
Fun comfortable environment
Concessions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Everything about working for MLSE is amazing I got a long very well with staff .Only thing is the hours are not at all stable. i only work when there is a game.
great place to learn and grow
Corporate Partners & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2013
• Finalized End of Season reports for corporate partners
• Researched new perspective Corporate Partners
• Assisted with distribution of marketing materials
• Finalized group and single seat ticket sales packages
• Maintained computerized records of all ticket sales
• Used Archtics ticketing system daily
• Administrative duties
Nice place to work
Overnight Custodian (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
The job is pretty hard but it's possible to do within reason. After a long period of time working you eventually learn how to be efficient, co-workers will help you to get through the day. The hardest part of the job is having to clean up after the local team won the game on that previous night. It is fun to work there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard job
Productive workplace striving to fulfill customer needs
Event Porter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2013
A typical day at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment includes managing inventory at all games and events while assisting customers' as required. Working there has polished my customer service skills as well as my organization skills.
Fun, innovative and creative envirionment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioNovember 24, 2014
Building relationships with key stakeholders of the business is fundamental.
Growing and young work environment
Work
merchandising sales associate (Current Employee) –  Centre, NSJuly 2, 2013
Hours are fair and decent only for the Team Store that is, other locations such as BMO field requires more labor for work in general shift hours averaging from 9-12 hours with the same minimum wage pay doesn't make sense.
great place to learn from
Corporate Partnerships & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2014
learned a lot coming from college with an internship

great place to create and maintain contacts
+++
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2014
great enviroment, always looking to push the bar. superior staff.
Working at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.
cash supervisor (Current Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 23, 2015
I am grateful to have the opportunity to be employed by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. In a way they've put Toronto on the map with their marketing of "We The North". The passion they put into Toronto's teams is endless and pure dedication, which I absolutely love.

They're more than just sports, they're also dedicated to reaching out to communities in need. Management and executives are always finding ways to get all employees involved in community projects, fundraisers and setting up camps. I've certainly learned to be more outgoing, hands on and involved.

My co-workers are some of the best people I have met, they make the more difficult days worth it as we have the "we are one team" mentality. Including management, you usually don't see corporate companies with management that are leading by example and aren't absent managers.

A typical day for me - there is no typical day. I have certain routines that are to be completed in the morning portion of my shifts. And then my afternoon is spent completed more routines. In between that I spend my time helping others, completing miscellaneous tasks as needed and providing supervision for our front of house staff.

The hardest part is with it being a larger corporate company, I would have to say it's harder to meet new people outside of your department and with people staying in their positions for long lengths of time - it's more difficult to advance or be considered for promotions. But overall, it's a great company.
Pros
free lunches, teamwork, management role

4.2